Is Trail's End walking distance from WLV

RONfromRI

Earning My Ears
Just wondering if we could walk from WLV from to to the Trail's End Buffeteria at Fort Wilderness for breakfast. If not, what would be the best transportation route? Thanks so much for any expert advice.

You can walk, but it's a good mile or so.

I'm not positive, but I think there may be a bus to FW. If not, there might be a boat. Check your info when you check in to VWL...or just ask the cm what's the best way to get there.

Not unless you can walk on water......LOL....but you can take the boat over to Ft. Wilderness.

There is a bus that goes from Wilderness lodge and stops at the settlement bus stop at least once every half hour.

We just got back from WL a few weeks ago and went over to FW via boat. I am not positive about this, but I have a feeling it would be quicker (and much more scenic) to go by boat.

We walked to Trails End from VWL last year. It took about 30 minutes. Nice walk. Long walk. Took the boat back!

Interesting......is there a sidewalk from VWL or WL to Ft. Wilderness. A few years back, we walked from GF to Polynesian.....it looked so close.....big mistake. I would never do it again unless there is a paved walkway.

Yes, there is a paved path from VWL to Ft Wilderness. It starts out in front of VWL, and ends at FW near the petting zoo area. There is also an alternate route that starts down by the boat rental area (this is not paved), and after a short distance connects with the paved trail. It is probably about a mile long - thru the woods. Great for a nice walk or bike ride.

I was thinking of doing the bike thing on our Sept. trip. Would sure save on wear and tear in the foot department!

We took the woods trail along the water from WL and wound up in the back of River Country. It was a nice walk but we took the bus back.

Would this be the same palce that they hold the HDDR? We are staying at VWL in Nov, and that was one of the things we wanted to do. If it is only a mile that is a short walk. I heard there is a bike trail from WL to FW, is this the same path?

The path we walked was the bicycle path. It was 30 minutes for us, and we don't polk, so it may be more than a mile.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter