Is UK Free Dining 2021 coming?

The easter deal has been up for months. Not sure there is much correlation.

I am really hoping it does come out. I am ready to book but may not go next year without the free dining; especially for a 21 day stay.

I am hoping they release free dining too but I have a funny feeling it's not going to happen :sad:

I am really hoping it does come out. I am ready to book but may not go next year without the free dining; especially for a 21 day stay.
Same for us - originally planned to go in May/June 2021 for 21 days but have now put it off to September/October but a lot depends on travel arrangements then and free dining.

I think it might depend on how they decide to reopen.
Like, if they decide that resorts are only going to be full to a certain percentage, and they're already almost at that target, they dont need to entice people to book.

Or even how they're going to open up the food side of things, it's already hard enough to get some reservations, imaging having so many people book on free dining and then even be able to use it because restaurant capacity is significantly cut...

There is really limited availability in September. Its all club level for the days we were looking.

As a backup i've started doing some calculations that involve some clever manipulation of amex points, upgrading to platinum etc and staying at bonnet creek / hilton disney springs hotel on points. Still doing universal and then 5 days at Waldorf Astoria. Along with pop century and a deluxe at the end of the stay to use magical express.

This tactic would actually save us 4,000.

If free dining is offered and there is room availability obviously that value will go down because of the food aspect.. but without free dining its going to be huge difference.

Its our first time in disney..so would like to be on property but 4000 and to be basically on property anyway.. might even consider it if free dining does come out. We can have breakfast at the hotel for a cheap upgrade as gold members anyway. Then a few character meals and eating at a few nicer signatures, maybe off property a bit. Would love to eat at bull and bear aswell.

Its just a case of waiting. Wouldn't book anything until January anyway as i wouldnt want to upgrade my platinum till then

If free dining does come out in the next few weeks.. it would better to just book it i am guessing as the deposit is quite low?

probably, they need park/hotel attendance now more than ever

I think the opposite they could be bumping people out of booked rooms as they need t keep occupancy below maximum and some restaurants like buffets might need to close. Capacity will be down

All i can say is it is a good thing we aren't desperate for money. Up to 56 working days to get a refund on our cancellation through ocean florida. Lost the deposit but better than potentially losing thousands or going on a holiday that is only 1/4 of the experience.

Personally I don't think they will offer free dining this year for international guests to stay next year. 2021 was already going to be very busy, particularly the later part of the year due to the 50th anniversary ( and to my knowledge they have never announced the official 50th anniversary dates)
Maybe there will be some nearer to date of travel offers next year, much the same as those that are offered to US guests. But I feel it would be on a very limited basis, and only because of the need to fill certain resorts / room types.
I also think DVC and the lack of points (or members wanting to all use their points at once!) will cause some issues.

Planning my first trip to WDW. We're hoping to go in Feb/March 2021. We have the money to do so. People who think there will be no free dining for next year. Do you think WDW might offer a different offer instead?

I think there will be room discounts. I would guess a large proportion of onsite guests stay onsite to eat too, so why offer something for free that the guests are going to pay for anyway?
There may also still be an issue of capacity in table service restaurants for some time to come.

I think there will be room discounts. I would guess a large proportion of onsite guests stay onsite to eat too, so why offer something for free that the guests are going to pay for anyway?
There may also still be an issue of capacity in table service restaurants for some time to come.
That’s no different to any other year. The difference this year of course could be reduced park capacity.

Actually there is a chance there could be no discounts at all while park capacity is that small that being onsite is only way to get in. Time will tell.

Planning my first trip to WDW. We're hoping to go in Feb/March 2021. We have the money to do so. People who think there will be no free dining for next year. Do you think WDW might offer a different offer instead?
Personally I think it is unlikely I think they are more likely to have waiting lists of people who want to go with reduced resort and park availability

People may have booked and because they have lost their jobs may not be able to afford to go. The economic impact is going to be long term.

Personally I don't think they will offer free dining this year for international guests to stay next year. 2021 was already going to be very busy, particularly the later part of the year due to the 50th anniversary ( and to my knowledge they have never announced the official 50th anniversary dates)
Maybe there will be some nearer to date of travel offers next year, much the same as those that are offered to US guests. But I feel it would be on a very limited basis, and only because of the need to fill certain resorts / room types.
I also think DVC and the lack of points (or members wanting to all use their points at once!) will cause some issues.

We are in a global economic crisis with large numbers of people around the world having lost their jobs. Lots of people will be put off flying because of ongoing health concerns and even if they want to fly, general consensus is that airlines are not going to be running at the same capacity for many years given the number of jobs already shed across the industry.

The hardcore Disney fans will obviously make an effort to get there for the 50th anniversary but for the more casual tourist, the cost of a Disney holiday is likely to put many off in the current situation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!