Is Virgin Holidays ok to use?

GirlDreamer

DIS Veteran
I'm half tempted to book a WDW holiday with Virgin Holidays before their sale ends, but are they any good? They don't seem to have a lot of good feedback when I search for reviews. What are your experiences? Is it better to book directly with Disney like we've always done?

Can I ask why you want to book with Virgin Holidays, if you have booked direct with Disney then why change, even with the sale you can save thousands by booking your flights direct with Virgin Atlantic who Virgin Holidays use and then book your Disney stay direct with Disney cutting out an Virgin Holidays mark ups.

We have booked holidays with Virgin Holidays but not for Disney holidays.

I just thought it might be cheaper, especially with the sale that's on right now. With all the bad reviews I've read online though, I've decided to just book directly with Disney anyway.

So I'm booked with VH this year and have had no problems. Its my first time not booking direct and everything has been fine. I went with them as they were around £800 cheaper than I priced up separately (including a 4 night cruise so this was the big saving I think). I have had to contact them twice to get the paid transfers removed from booking (they removed then they reappeared for some reason). Everything else has gone smoothly but haven't travelled yet so who knows. I know there were loads of issues last year with them having to change people's resorts etc but I wasn't one of these .

We have booked a package to Disney through Virgin Holidays a number of times staying both onsite (AKL) and offsite (Sheraton Vistana Villages). We have had no problems at all and I like the fact that everything is taken care of and under one booking. I prefer to use the VH shop and get everything in my booking exactly as I want it! I have a budget and as long as it comes in around that, then that's great. We are usually flexible with our dates which also helps with the price. Flying on a Tuesday or Wednesday has worked out well with good prices on flights or upgrading to premium.

I know you've already booked but I just wanted to add that we have always booked a package through VH and had no problems.

I think as long as you're happy with the price ( VH do seem to be extremely expensive at the moment ) then go for it. I keep checking VH prices in hope they come down :sad2:

We have also always booked through Virgin and never had a problem. We also get all our Tesco club card points converted into Virgin Airmiles and with the recent online upgrades to the Virgin Holidays online portal it’s easy to use all these miles to pay off towards your holiday. Amazing how quickly miles add up and help pay a little chunk off!

I’ve looked at Virgin Holidays for fly/drive.
Always they are more expensive than BA fly drive when I price up.

For example, BA fly/drive in Club World comes out around 7,500 (full size suv, 3 adults in low season)
Aer Lingus around £5,000 flight only
American Airlines £7,800 In First Class via Miami
Virgin holidays £9,700 plus larger car and full insurance brings it to £10,387!

Never used VH probably never will at those prices.

might not be the same for others in different classes of course.

Have you tried BA?

Booked with BA, VH, and direct. BA have the least product knoweldge, VH sometimes have their funny moments. Would rather book with those three than TUI or TC!

It's all down the price for me, as long as I can link to MDE and book a seat on the flight I'm sold.

I’ve looked at Virgin Holidays for fly/drive.
Always they are more expensive than BA fly drive when I price up.

For example, BA fly/drive in Club World comes out around 7,500 (full size suv, 3 adults in low season)
Aer Lingus around £5,000 flight only
American Airlines £7,800 In First Class via Miami
Virgin holidays £9,700 plus larger car and full insurance brings it to £10,387!

Never used VH probably never will at those prices.

might not be the same for others in different classes of course.

Have you tried BA?

BA is not an option as I fly out of Manchester. I would then have to fly from Manchester to Heathrow, then somehow transfer to Gatwick for the flight to Orlando. As I've already booked the package with Disney direct, I think I'll book VA for a direct flight when they become available. I'm even considering getting Upper Class as a treat. I've got a Virgin credit card, so hopefully the miles I'll get for signing up + what I can accrue from spending on it will help get the price down at least a little bit.

BA is not an option as I fly out of Manchester. I would then have to fly from Manchester to Heathrow, then somehow transfer to Gatwick for the flight to Orlando. As I've already booked the package with Disney direct, I think I'll book VA for a direct flight when they become available. I'm even considering getting Upper Class as a treat. I've got a Virgin credit card, so hopefully the miles I'll get for signing up + what I can accrue from spending on it will help get the price down at least a little bit.

The miles are not worth much towards an Upper Seat, as you still need to pay the taxes!!

Thomas Cook fly from Manchester, as an Airline, they work well!

The miles are not worth much towards an Upper Seat, as you still need to pay the taxes!!

Thomas Cook fly from Manchester, as an Airline, they work well!

Yes they do. We flew with Thomas Cook last year in premium and they were good, I would not hesitate to use them again. But I kind of have my heart set on the upper class this time, unless the prices turn out to be too unreasonable. We've just paid our mortgage off and we're getting some other extra cash as well, so it would be a nice treat for once.

Yes they do. We flew with Thomas Cook last year in premium and they were good, I would not hesitate to use them again. But I kind of have my heart set on the upper class this time, unless the prices turn out to be too unreasonable. We've just paid our mortgage off and we're getting some other extra cash as well, so it would be a nice treat for once.
It's certainly a nice treat, we've treated ourselves before, and it's a great service. Although the 747s used on the Orlando Routes are getting tired compared to some other routes.

Having flown upper class before I would not go mad about haing the beds, the service is great, food is great, seats in normal seating position is great but the beds are awful, sleeping on the back of the chairs as they fold down with a thin duvet, i have better sleep when we fly premium economy.

Yes as said the service and food is great but in my eyes were fly premium for less and still get great service and food with the nice big seats.

Have you looked at MAN-DUB-MCO? Aer Lingus business is cheapest I have found.
As wel8ve in tge midlands, most flights are via somewhere else, or train to Heathrow/Gatwick, so I understand where you are coming from.

Although the 747s used on the Orlando Routes are getting tired compared to some other routes.

I appreciate it's a classic 'friend of a friend Chinese Whispers' situation, but my colleague's wife works at VA Operations, and there's discussions on replacing them with 787s..

If they do decide to do that, then they'd better do it before we fly in September 2020. I am still yet to fly on a Dreamliner..

I appreciate it's a classic 'friend of a friend Chinese Whispers' situation, but my colleague's wife works at VA Operations, and there's discussions on replacing them with 787s..

If they do decide to do that, then they'd better do it before we fly in September 2020. I am still yet to fly on a Dreamliner..

Your friend in ops must know nothing lol

No need to worry, the 747s are being replaced with the Airbus A350.

https://simpleflying.com/virgin-atlantic-747-retirement/

I've done the same - got a Virgin credit card to start getting some extra points to offset against a potential Virgin flight. However, you don't get much off - so far the 32,000 miles I have accrued only knocks off just under £200 from the flights cost. By contrast, my BA Avios knocks £60 off for just 6,000 miles. So I suspect I might end up going down the BA route from London, especially as I'm busy doing lots of Rewards for Thoughts surveys which you can use to boost BA Avios.

Something I might need to consider, though, is getting to either Manchester or London from Aberdeen. Looks like you can get free connecting flights with FlyBE to Manchester from Aberdeen, but then you can't use any of the Virgin miles to help pay for the flights.

Can feel another spreadsheet coming on, just after I've finished with my hotel choices megasheet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts