Is WDW cashless?

JasonMak2000

Mouseketeer
Can you use cash for dining and merchandise purchases right now? I usually take some cash for table service meals and sometimes will also put some cash on our resort account for drinks by the pool etc. Didn't know if this is still an option or if they are all in on contactless payments.

Can you use cash for dining and merchandise purchases right now? I usually take some cash for table service meals and sometimes will also put some cash on our resort account for drinks by the pool etc. Didn't know if this is still an option or if they are all in on contactless payments.

You can always use cash, but cashless is preferred and encouraged

sometimes will also put some cash on our resort account for drinks by the pool etc.
You can’t put cash down for the resort account. It must be backed by a credit or debit card. However you can stop by the front desk after the charges and use the cash to pay it off before the card gets charged.

If you have the opportunity to get a Disney gift card (you can buy for cash at groceries, Walmart, Target...), you could join the less-contact club. Sometimes they handle your gift card to run it through a separate machine; other times, you swipe it in the credit card machine.

Sold in increments of $25.

You can’t put cash down for the resort account. It must be backed by a credit or debit card. However you can stop by the front desk after the charges and use the cash to pay it off before the card gets charged.
Do you know if I would need to stop each day to pay in cash from the purchases of day before? or could they hold them until my day to check out?

I just got back yesterday. All of the Disney owned places will still take cash. Some of the other retailers are not.

Do you know if I would need to stop each day to pay in cash from the purchases of day before? or could they hold them until my day to check out?
I am not sure about holding charges until check out day, because I believe it depends on how long your stay is at the resort. Disney Resorts stated that they would charge my credit card on midnight of the fifth day with charges incurred from my stay to that point. I paid charges with a Disney gift card at the main desk went to the desk in the evening on the third day, fifth day, and evening before check out to pay down the balance of charges - it was an easy process. Another poster may know the exact process Disney uses for charges, but this was my experience - hope it helps and have a magical and safe trip.

I was reading a lot of restaurants only have mobile ordering is this true? Cause that would mean in need a card to pay... I prefer cash it keeps me in budget

We typically charge all purchases to our resort account with the aid of the Magic Bands, then head down to our resort front desk every 3-4 days and pay our purchases with cash. We have never experienced any problems.

I was reading a lot of restaurants only have mobile ordering is this true? Cause that would mean in need a card to pay... I prefer cash it keeps me in budget
I prefer cash too, but I bought a Disney gift card and put about 2/3 of my food budget on it, and used that to pay for mobile orders. It worked out fine for me, and I didn’t have a bunch of little credit card charges to keep track of. It always showed me my balance after each order, so I could keep track and I didn’t have to worry I would spend more than my budget allowed. I got my gift card at my grocery store.

So glad this was asked. Was wondering how to budget, I usually have cash to budget. Glad to see looks like almost all places take cash still. ty

I found this to be the case at Satuli Canteen. I don't know how many others may be limited to mobile ordering only.

I like cash for budgeting purposes, but I think this trip we will defer to mobile ordering for speed. I like this suggestion from above:

"I prefer cash too, but I bought a Disney gift card and put about 2/3 of my food budget on it, and used that to pay for mobile orders. It worked out fine for me, and I didn’t have a bunch of little credit card charges to keep track of. It always showed me my balance after each order, so I could keep track and I didn’t have to worry I would spend more than my budget allowed. I got my gift card at my grocery store."

So we just got back.. all the restaurants that have seating indoors. (Even though the seating is not open)
Are mobile order only.
The qs restaurants that you just walk up to
(outside) do not.

I hope this helps.

You mobile order in the MDE then hit the button that says I have arrived. When your food is ready the host tells you to go to line 6 or whatever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter