Is Yatchsman actually a good steakhouse?

DisSurfer878

DIS Veteran
We are foodies. We love all kinds of good food and cuisines. But we also have begun making a travel tradition of dining at a fine steakhouse in whatever city we go to.

Is Yachtsman actually a good steakhouse? Or is just average? For the price we want to make sure we're getting what we're paying for

I think you will find mixed reviews on these boards. Some people love it, others will say it was awful so it’s hard to tell.

Shula’s at the Swan and Dolphin probably has the most consistent reviews, and is still in the EPCOT area like the Yachtsman.

Its a good steakhouse, but overpriced as most things at Disney. Not sure its much better than Le Cellier.
In general, when we travel to the coasts, we eat seafood. We have plenty of really good Steakhouses in the Mid West, and lots of great steaks, not so much seafood.

Ff also has an amazing steak
shulas is very highly rated by guests, but does not participate w the dining plans
yachtsman is a very good option. Live the onion rolls too

We have been as pleased with Yachtsman as much as Ruth’s Chris, Morton’s, Capital Grille, etc. Our reservations at Yachtsman have always coincided with deluxe dining plan, and we get tremendous value. It is good enough for us to eat there OOP, but we always choose DxDDP when we stay on Crescent Lake.

Loved the Yachtsmans onion rolls and mac n cheese. Hated the steaks. Tried 3 times and over the past 8 years. Might try again in a few years.

I think YS is a good steakhouse for a Disney restaurant. Shula's is really more like a high-end steakhouse. But those onion rolls at YS...it could tip the scales.;)

We live in Philly and eat out often. I think Philly has an excellent food scene. Yachtsman is our favorite restaurant on property and we have been to all Signatures, including Shula's (yes, I know that doesn't count) and all others at the Swan/Dolphin. Take that for what it's worth. We love it and go multiple times, every time we're at DW.

Its good, but nothing special. I don't consider myself a foodie, but I have eaten at many of the finest restaurants in the country and no meal we have ever had at Disney compares to any of those. But by Disney standards, Yachtsman is pretty good

Yachtsman is our go to place every year for our anniversary dinner. I can only compare it to Shula's, Ruth Chris and Chicago Cut and I would say it's on par with any of those. IMHO.

I am trying to plan where to eat as well and was looking at the Yachtsmen but now I am leaning more towards the Disney Springs restaurants like Boathouse and Morimoto. They seem a lot more modern and look like they have more to offer a foodie. Though staying at the Beach Club the Yachtsmen would be a lot more convenient.

We eat at Texas Roadhouse almost every week and thought thought Yachtsman was not nearly as good as Texas Roadhouse. The appetizers were great, but the steak was terrible. My DH and I both ordered the filet cooked medium - they came out like shoe leather. My DH just powered through his, but I sent mine back and the new one that came out was just as bad. I was so disappointed because I had really talked this place up to DH and then it was the worst meal of our trip.

YSH is a very good steak house. Always enjoy our meal there. But we've found a much better place that is just a short ride away - Bull & Bear at the Waldorf Astoria in Bonnet Creek.

Last edited:
We have never had a bad meal there but they have more than just steak and I think if you venture off the standard safe bets on the menu, you'll be pleasantly surprised. My son had the elk and still raves about it, the porterhouse is wonderful and on par with certain other top steakhouses in NYC and the service is wonderful. We don't go out of our way to eat here if we're over at AK or an MK resort, but when we are staying at an Epcot resort it is a must do for every trip. We kind of save it for that purpose to give us something to look forward to depending on where we are staying. We do, however, like another poster said, always do this on the DxDP so it's difficult for me to put a price on it because we always have a tremendous check but probably eat/order more than we would if we were not using the DP.

We have eaten there many times and our steak is always very good. We always order a filet and it has always been super tender. Even our kids steaks are delicious. We do all order our steaks rare, the way they should be eaten, and I have heard that you always get a better cut of steak if it's ordered rare. Maybe that's why our steak is always so good.

We had a very good meal at Yachtsman on our last trip, and I would definitely return. The steaks were great and also the rolls. As the previous poster also stated, we order our steaks rare so maybe that has something to do with our great experience at Yachtsman.

I think that for the most part, it is a good steakhouse. The rolls are the best reason to go though!

WE have only had one meal there that was disappointing, but they made it right as much as we let them. (I ate the food so I am not letting thEm remove the entrees off of the check)

We ate there last March and, for the price, the $54 rib eye was poor quality meat
It was cooked properly but very tough
It is on our never again list
The restaurant was very pretty and our server very good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter