Island Hopping: A Highly Inappropriate TR. (Boom.)-- Link to NEW TR! 10/8

Looks like a pretty decent "leaving" day. Minus the QS at the Poly! I was only there like, once, after park close to get a cupcake, so I had no complaints, but I did notice that deluxe's qs are way more crowded than the giant food courts at the values lol.

Nice DTD trip! I didn't even manage to get there this past trip and I really did want to! Heck, there was tons of stuff I didn't get to that I wanted to, but we'll talk about that when the time comes lol!!

Aw man, I'm totally going to be the last of this Sept's giant group of dissers to start their TR!! Boo!! I swear, if I didn't live so far the photopass would get here so much quicker! Lol. Very excited to read all about this year's trip!!

I'm sad that it's over! I love DTD though, and I'm glad you got some more much needed shopping in. (it's definitely need).

Love, love, love that mac 'n cheese from WPE. I swear I dream about it.

Ready to hear about this year's trip!

Thank you so much for sharing your trip with us! You have adorable kids! Can't wait to read about your next trip!

I've lurked on your trip reports.(Maybe commented on how ADORABLE you and your family are.)

I can't wait to read the new report and see the kids' reactions to the New Fantasy Land!pixiedust:

I absolutely loved your TR - thank you for writing it! Can't wait for the next TR to start! :flower3:

Great, but busy ending! I know that not many are fans but I really love going to Downtown Disney. There were some great shots of Goofy's Candy Company and at the Lego store!
That sucks that the counter service at the Poly was not so great :(

Can't wait to hear about your recent trip! Loved the pics you were posting on Instagram:goodvibes

I have loved this trip report and have loved seeing how your magical trip ended. I cant wait to start all over again with your new trip report :yay:

Great ending! I will be on the lookout for your new TR!
Yay! I should be starting it at any moment!

The only time I'm ok with a TR ending is when there's another one about to begin!! Have to keep seeing those little faces :cutie: You know I'll be there girl:hug:
That's why I am okay with it, too...and because the next one will be even better!! I'm glad you'll be there, Queen :).

Awww, love it!!! You know I am looking forward to your new TR!!!

Those mirrors are cool in Goofy's! I couldn't get the girls away from them!
Girls love their mirrors :thumbsup2.

Another fantastic trip report! Now, cant wait for the next one! I am WDWless this year, so have to live vicariously thru others. So, thanks! Next year, I WILL go, even if I go solo. Going to Hawaii in October, but maybe to WDW the same month! And guess which I am more excited about...:confused3 Well, Disney of course!;)
I am envious about Hawaii, but then again not envious enough to spend my vacation time/money there yet, lol! I guess if I gave up a Disney trip we could finally go...not ready to do that just now, though.
That's gonna be one busy (awesome!) month for you!

Yay for a new job !! I was going to encourage you to start looking in Philly next so I can finally meet you!! LOL

I feel like you are such a kindered (thats spelled wrong I think) spirit and you really seem like an amazing mom! You're an inspiration to me :):):):):)

I was thinking October 2...but maybe ill move it up a week or two :rotfl2:
I feel the same way!! And thank you for your kind words. You should TOTALLY move your trip!

Sam and Alicia write the "YOLO" trip reports, Alicia actually is very god friends with Pocohantas and Jasmine if ya know what I mean- and her and her fiance have such a cute story :love:
Oh, I follow her on Instagram, but I haven't read her TRs. I didn't make the connection!

Hi there :) I love Jungle cruise at night!! It is a totally new experience. It's also pretty different when it's 30 degrees out (circa Jan 2010) Aww that's sweet you got to have some one on one time with Julia. What a fantastic TR. Very entertaining. I can't wait for the next one! -Amanda princess:
It totally is different at night. Not so sure I'd be up for it in 30 degree weather, though!! YIKES!

Love love love your TR!! I haven't commented much, but I always find the time to read your updates...it was so much fun! Can't wait for your next TR! :)
Thank you for reading! I'm not much of a commenter, either, but I'm glad you were here!

Ahhh I am so sad that your TR is over, but then I am also happy that we will get to read about your more recent adventures too. Speaking of recent, having seen more recent pictures of your children, and now looking at pictures a year old, Julia has grown up so much in a year! I mean they all have, but she still had such a baby face last year!

Is Brandon making a video this year (please please please!)? :) I hope so, we still watch last year's video often.

Thank you for sharing your family's vacation, I have loved reading all about it! Oh, and they have a lot more potato head pieces than when we were there...more Star Wars stuff. We have done 2 full boxes of parts already and I think our next trip we will be getting a third! Looks like they have enough that we don't have to fill up a box.
She really has grown so much. She's lost a lot of the baby face look AND some teeth:lmao:!
He is definitely making a new video...in fact, we had THREE video cameras this year!

Awww :-( It's the end.

But a new one soon!!!! Yay!!!!!

I have to laugh about your comment on Wolfgang Puck mac and cheese. When I was young(er), I refused to eat any mac and cheese that wasn't yellow-orange and made with elbow macaroni. Rotini? Nope. White cheddar? Ain't touchin' it. I'm pretty sure I may have thrown a tantrum at, well, several Disney restaurants at age 6 over not-normal mac and cheese. And spaghetti that was too thick. It was not a happy trip.

I would like to say that at 22 I'm not like that anymore. I just won't eat the green rotini :snooty:
My mom would make her own version of mac and cheese, and I BEGGED for the boxed stuff! My grandma felt sorry for me and would make the "good" kind for me when I visited.
I totally get you.

As, so sad to have reached the end of your TR. Really enjoyed it and getting to "meet" your so wonderful family.

Can't wait fir the next one and another amazing adventure! Hope as is well!
I have enjoyed your comments here, as well! I'll be starting the new one tonight or tomorrow, most likely.

Loved this TR, everything about it, your writing style is awesome!

I have decided to write a TR for our December Trip, but probably not. pre Trip report (tried one of those once and everyone had such negative things to say about everything (ADRs, Schedule, Dining plan usage, etc)

And we are going Sept 10-17 next year!
I tried a PTR and gave up on it. I'm just not good at those, and I feel like I'm speaking to no one about things that may or may not happen. At least with a TR, you know the story already! And no one can say bad things, because you're already experienced the magic.

Our top picks so far are wilderness lodge or boardwalk. We loved the boardwalk this time and really enjoyed club level there, but most of our time was spent at magic kingdom so we're really thinking about staying in that area. I'd love to do contemporary but we had some bad experiences there on our 2012 trip so it is kind of out. We'd love grand Floridian but of course then club level starts to be out of the budget. And my husband seriously will not stay anything less than deluxe. He's of the thought that while we only have one kid, he's going to enjoy the smaller expense!

Anyway, we love the boardwalk area and have stayed at yacht club in the past and really loved it! We had a boardwalk view this last trip and it was just perfection.

Is it bad I wish I could start making dining reservations??!! :)

Toddler situations : screaming the entire way from England in Epcot all the way to the boardwalk! And then trying to chase tigger at crystal palace - heaven forbid he goes to visit another family!!
Aren't they so much fun:scared1:!
I guess since I started with value resorts, I was impressed enough with them...then we went to mods...then deluxe. Honestly, being at a value again was kind of a smack in the face, so maybe I'm spoiled. I'll get into all that in the next TR (and my kids do not feel the same as me, btw!).
I've already been looking at pictures online, so I think it's totally normal that you want to make dining reservations :rolleyes1!

Well--who needs food when you have Legos?!? Although, WP does look very good! Thank goodness you finally got poor Sawyer some fries! :laughing:

Looking forward to your next TR!
Right!?! Pitiful, isn't he. Bahhahaha!

Bah-rilliant trip report. Loved it! Can't wait to read the next one - and by that I mean stop whatever you're doing and start typing. :)
I am so glad you loved it! And I did stop what I was doing and find some pictures for my intros, so obviously that new one will be started ASAP.

Awww!:goodvibes Loved it. Another great TR! I will be on the lookout for the next one. My DS had to be persuaded to leave DTD with those rides too. O and that mirror at Goofy's, My son got the biggest kick out of that. He laughed his socks off. He kept saying "It tall, Im not tall" and just laughing hysterically!
That's what they were doing, too!! Those things are kid magnets.

Well done!:thumbsup2 I can't wait for the new trip report! :goodvibes I must tell you that I'm very concerned that Brandon's new job is going to take time away from his new video. Very concerned.
I was concerned about that, as well. But then he reassured me that he will devote nights and weekends to it, which will make it all okay. I need to see the final product!

Looks like a pretty decent "leaving" day. Minus the QS at the Poly! I was only there like, once, after park close to get a cupcake, so I had no complaints, but I did notice that deluxe's qs are way more crowded than the giant food courts at the values lol.

Nice DTD trip! I didn't even manage to get there this past trip and I really did want to! Heck, there was tons of stuff I didn't get to that I wanted to, but we'll talk about that when the time comes lol!!

Aw man, I'm totally going to be the last of this Sept's giant group of dissers to start their TR!! Boo!! I swear, if I didn't live so far the photopass would get here so much quicker! Lol. Very excited to read all about this year's trip!!
Well, I don't have my PP yet, so I'm going to be taking the beginning very slowly until I get it.

I'm sad that it's over! I love DTD though, and I'm glad you got some more much needed shopping in. (it's definitely need).

Love, love, love that mac 'n cheese from WPE. I swear I dream about it.

Ready to hear about this year's trip!
I love DTD, too! I don't shop much around here, but I do love some good shopping at Disney!

Sounds like you all had a great trip! I really enjoyed reading about it! Liking forward to the next one!
It really was. Thanks for reading!

Thank you so much for sharing your trip with us! You have adorable kids! Can't wait to read about your next trip!
Thank you! I'll be starting it tonight or tomorrow, most likely!

I've lurked on your trip reports.(Maybe commented on how ADORABLE you and your family are.)

I can't wait to read the new report and see the kids' reactions to the New Fantasy Land!pixiedust:
From one lurker to another, thank for reading!

I absolutely loved your TR - thank you for writing it! Can't wait for the next TR to start! :flower3:
You won't have to wait long:thumbsup2!

Great, but busy ending! I know that not many are fans but I really love going to Downtown Disney. There were some great shots of Goofy's Candy Company and at the Lego store!
That sucks that the counter service at the Poly was not so great :(

Can't wait to hear about your recent trip! Loved the pics you were posting on Instagram:goodvibes
I think DTD is lots of fun. It was a great way to end the trip.

I have loved this trip report and have loved seeing how your magical trip ended. I cant wait to start all over again with your new trip report :yay:
It's going to be so much fun...see you there!

Loved this TR! :)
Thank you!:goodvibes

loved every minute of this TR Jenn! And applause to Brandon on the awesome photos! You guys are a darling family, obviously filled with love for each other and a passion for Disney that we can all relate too!

Looking very forward to the next TR!
Peace,
Erin

loved every minute of this TR Jenn! And applause to Brandon on the awesome photos! You guys are a darling family, obviously filled with love for each other and a passion for Disney that we can all relate too!

Looking very forward to the next TR!
Peace,
Erin

You are so sweet!
I'm posting the new link now; hope you will join in!

Loved the TR! I also loved following you on Instagram (another lurker). Congrats on your family of the day selection! I told my husband, "Hey, someone I know is the FotD! He thought I was crazy when I said, "Well not, that I really know, but I read her trip report and follow her on instagram. Ok, so I really don't KNOW her, but I feel like I do." He just shook his head and walked away. Thanks for sharing with us! Now to hop over to the next report! :)

That's one complaint I have about multiple places in Disney-- they allow lines to form and just randomly announce afterwards that it's not the right place. Like, you just watched a line form, why wouldn't you have said something before?!:scared1:

Not gonna lie. I have to stop at the princess statues at World of Disney too.

Sounds like a great last day of shopping at DTD! Thank you for sharing with us! I loved your report and I may be slightly obsessed with how adorable your kids are (but not in a creepy way I swear :rotfl2:)! Can't wait to hear about this year's trip!

Thank you for such a detailed and wonderfully written TR! I have enjoyed reading along getting to know your family and hearing about your trip. This has been a great read with our first trip coming up in a few weeks.

Yesterday as I was reading I thought you needed to go back so I could keep reading. Thanks for taking one for the team so I could keep reading. ;-)

Loved reading your report! I didn't comment as much as I would have liked, but I promise to do better on this new one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter