Issues before 5:00 a.m.?

broncobill

Mouseketeer
I'm at work by 4:00 a.m. After getting through some paper work, I quickly check this site. It laways says there is an issue and I can not connect. Is this site not operational before 5 a.m.?

The site goes down daily for maintenance at this time. It usually lasts about an hour or two (this is 1am-2am/3am for me in California (it was 10am in Spain when I was there).

The site goes down daily for maintenance at this time. It usually lasts about an hour or two (this is 1am-2am/3am for me in California (it was 10am in Spain when I was there).

Doesn't Zenforo offer some sort of "Maintenance Mode" so that gets enabled first giving us visitors a splash page that says something along the lines of "hey it's daily maintenance time, we'll be back shortly" instead of just receiving the dreaded "a database error has occurred" message. It would make the site a bit more professional and user friendly if that could be enabled when its backup time.

... down for me .. 1am - 3am+ .. west coast

Elle23 said:
It's always down for 2 hours for me (3-5 am central time).
ibob52 said:
... down for me .. 1am - 3am+ .. west coast
If you read post #2 (from a webmaster) the site is down at that time for maintenance:

WebmasterMaryJo said:
The site goes down daily for maintenance at this time. It usually lasts about an hour (this is 1am-2am for me in California)

I agree it is down for Maintenance

for me it starts at 1am and it is sometimes not back online until after 3am.

I get cutoff at 1am PST pretty regularly

but I am not surprised because I am aware of the scheduled daily maintenance time *

I have only checked to see if it is online at 3am ish .. maybe a handful of times.

Last edited:
It probably wouldn't be a bad idea for one of the mods to post a sticky at the top of this forum explaining this. It seems to come up a lot.

It probably wouldn't be a bad idea for one of the mods to post a sticky at the top of this forum explaining this. It seems to come up a lot.
Which is why they need to configure a "maintainence mode" page so when you visit disboards.com you get a screen saying "hey it's backup time. Come back around 5 am eastern" instead of an unexpected database error has occurred

I still don't get why the site needs to go down for 2 hours each day. In my 20+ years of internet browsing, I've never encountered another website that had to do that.

I still don't get why the site needs to go down for 2 hours each day. In my 20+ years of internet browsing, I've never encountered another website that had to do that.
They probably just perform a backup of the databases daily so they don’t lose as many posts if they need to restore vs performing a weekly backup

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!