It Feels Awkward Even Having to Ask This....

My DD (!7) is gay, and I've seen many couples holding hands or being affectionate or obviously couples, and it's so completely accepted at Disney! At least from what I've seen, thankfully!

She told me a few years ago that if she gets married, she wants to have a Disney wedding! I think she just said that, though, as she knows I had wanted to have my wedding at Disney but my folks had a hissy fit & insisted it was in their church with 200 of my closest relatives (closest since we have big families - I have 100 cousins). I wanted just immediate family and Disney. Oh well. I digress.

I think Disney is so friendly to all people.

I've always been myself at Disney. :jester:

Gee, I remember the first time that I went to Disneyland Resort Paris with my then BF. There were something in the atmosphere and the natural friendly greetings by all the CM's that made me feel more relaxed and comfortable than I'd been for a long time. This was back in the 90's.:wizard:

I've never batted an eyelid regarding who I am and if I have to act any different when I am out with my partner at Disney. We are ourselves. Grown up, friendly, holding hands or giving a boop on the cheek. :ssst:

Laughing and if it's not too hot and humid even share a hug in line to any attraction.
:love2::rotfl:

But as the thread started, it's unfortunate that the question even has to come up. :sad2:

But because of recent events I want to believe that We will all stand stronger together! :rainbow:

There's a Happy Place for All of us at Disney! :tink:

On my last longer stay at The Yacht Club Concierge the staff were so wonderful and accommodating. Made sure that me and my (then) DH were comfortable and catered for in any situation. :earsboy:

The CM's actually make the whole difference! - They stand with us with their acceptance in treating us just as magically as to any other guest. I think other guests also see that they should "accept" us (don't have to agree to my lifestyle, but it's not ok to be rude, kind of acceptance) when they see us sharing the same magical experiences! :smickey:

:tinker:

Last edited:
I'm currently single, but the last time I went to the world with a girlfriend, we had zero negative experiences as a couple. I reference this one, because she was a very affectionate person, so we held hands all the time. Not a single stare or comment the week we were there.

We got to Disney World / Land / Cruiseline / and Aulani - we love Disney and have never once felt uncomfortable about being gay. Being said that I don't bring unnecessary attention to myself either...I don't PDA or hold hands, not because of fear of what others think...it's just unwanted attention that I can avoid, and it's not something I enjoy doing anyway.

To each their own - be proud of who you are as I am - I just don't "advertise" it.

My wife and I have been to Disney a couple times together.
We typically hold hands wherever we go and have never had any stares or comments. We shared a quick kiss at the parks one night and not so much as an eyelash was batted (I am generally not into PDA beyond holding hands, which she still teases me about). Checking into our hotel at AKL with our King bed didn't raise any comments either. People at Disney just treat you like everyone else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!