It may have started with a MOUSE…but it’s the “spirit” people exhibit at his hou

d'Isigny

WDW/DCL Dreaming
First of all, thank you ALL for your many posts and responses…our WDW/DCL and Disneyland vacations in 2000 were enhanced by people like you!

We were the family hoping to surprise our DD’s with a DL vacation just before Christmas – pulled it off wonderfully. I am currently working on our trip report and should post it shortly.

I have a praise report that just couldn’t wait and deserves it’s own posting.

During our last day at the park…Nan and I left our camera bag – somewhere. This was a specialty camera backpack full of 35mm camera equipment I’ve been collecting since college (black body camera with numerous large aperture lenses) – it’s value about $2k. Neither of us can really remember how it got removed from the stroller and set down. We spent a horrifying 2 hours tracing our steps and speaking with a CM at every place we stopped. Finally, we filled out a card at Lost and Found on Main Street. Nan and I agreed that we would not allow this to “place a dark cloud” on what was some fabulous family time…at a magical place. We both spent the long drive home reminiscing of some special times --- but smiles soon turned to frowns worrying about our camera equipment. Frankly, we both wrote off ever seeing this again. It would have been a triumph to have just gotten the exposed film back. We were happy that the 8mm tape when we first told our DD’s where we were going was packed in a different suitcase.

The day after, I called DL Lost and Found and was amazed to hear – SOMEONE FOUND IT – TURNED IT IN ---- & DL WAS IN THE PROCESS OF SHIPPING IT BACK TO US!!! FedEx came yesterday and delivered everything….yes, everything was returned. In fact, the camera body and all the lenses were separately bubble wrapped.

Today, I called DL to give my heartfelt thanks and offer a credit card as payment for the shipping charges – DL would not accept…a single dime. The CM I spoke with said, “This is just part of the magic”.

I don’t know who turned this in – but hope you read this and accept our heartfelt thanks for this wonderful act of kindness. To DL Lost & Found and Shipping department…THANK YOU!!!

It may have started with a MOUSE…but it’s the “spirit” people exhibit at his house that make it MAGICAL!!!

WOW! I just love to hear stories like this. :)

I am so happy you had a wonderful trip, and even happier to hear that your camera equipment was returned to you. Really does make you believe in the Magic, doesn't it? :)

Thanks for sharing! :)

Michelle
Assistant Webmaster
Cruise & Inspiration Board Co-Host
Disneyland Board Co-Host

Great story!

Pay it forward :)

anidragon01.gif

Feel free to send me an email :)

If you need help with your Disney problem click here:Calbay's 12 Steps of Disneyholics Anonymouse

My recent trip to the Disneyland Resort
Calbay's Holiday 2000 Disneyland Trip Report

Hello CalbayBWV

_________
Quote:
Pay it forward
_________

I apologize....really don't understand your comment - Please respond when you have a chance.

Regards, K

K,
I'll try and answer your question about"Pay it forward". I understand that it is the title of a movie released recently where "random acts of kindness" are done to strangers to encourage others to be kind to others. I haven't seen the movie, so I'm not sure. In other words the great kindness (and honesty) shown to you can be repaid by being kind to someone else.

Paying it forward just means pass that kindness on to someone else, that is the payment for the return of your photo equipment.

I sent out some worksheets earlier on this board with the following message:

"This worksheet does cost something...the payment due is that you
must perform at least one random act of kindness while at WDW.
Helping with strollers on the bus, giving your seat to someone who
is more tired than yourself, taking pictures for large groups, anything!

Keep the Disney Magic Going!

Courtney

(Who, at 24 is having a 2nd childhood...at this rate I'll probably have a 3rd, 4th, 5th and maybe even 6th!)

815.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter