It Really is a Whole New World...Mother Daughter May 2017 TR! (Updated 8/26!)

Loving your TR. And how can you not be obsessed with the Grapefruit beer?!?!? Its delicious!:drinking1

Here is the Baklava

YUM! I am making the mistake of reading while hungry and this is torture, lol!!

That turned out to be a mistake, the guy in line ahead of us totally overheard me and the second he got his drink he made a b-line over to that table! Ugh. Stupid me. And stupid him, he only had a drink, he totally didn’t need a whole table for himself!

What a jerk!! You should have gone over and pretended like you didn't see him. Like, take over the whole table, putting your stuff on his, like he wasn't even there.

Ok, maybe not, but it sounded funny in my head:rotfl:

The carne asada was delicious, I was really surprised how much I liked it.

One of my big regrets from F&G was not eating this!!

More great PP pictures! Bummer that you couldn't get to the pool but I am sure it was nice to just unwind in your room for a little!

Thanks! Yeah, we were bummed about not getting to the pool, but considering it was the first time we had rain all week we really couldn't complain!

Loving your TR. And how can you not be obsessed with the Grapefruit beer?!?!? Its delicious!:drinking1

Thank you! The grapefruit beer is the BEST!!! I keep searching for it in stores around here but can never find it, so when we go to Disney we just have to have at least one each day!

Reactions: Fia

YUM! I am making the mistake of reading while hungry and this is torture, lol!!

Haha! I should put a warning on my posts with delicious food pictures!

What a jerk!! You should have gone over and pretended like you didn't see him. Like, take over the whole table, putting your stuff on his, like he wasn't even there.

Ok, maybe not, but it sounded funny in my head:rotfl:

We totally should have! I really wanted to say something to him, but my mom convinced me I'd just sound crazy. Oh well. Can't win 'em all!

One of my big regrets from F&G was not eating this!!

Aww, I'm sorry you missed it! I was so surprised how good it was, just makes me realize that I should try things I am only so-so on...they just might be amazing!

Great pictures!! And your treats looked yummy! Too bad about the rain, but nice that you got some time to relax in the afternoon.

Great pictures!! And your treats looked yummy! Too bad about the rain, but nice that you got some time to relax in the afternoon.

Thank you! Yeah, the rain was a bummer, but considering it only rained one day of our trip, we really couldn't complain!

Part 18: Fantastic Last night in the World!
May 13th

We showered and then hung out in the room for a while. Eventually the storm passed so we went to hang out on the balcony. I took some trip notes while enjoying the view of the empty Stormalong bay.

Around 4 we started getting ready to head back out for the night. We had dinner reservations at 5:00 that night at Via Napoli! At around 4:40 we made our way back to Epcot. As we were walking over we could hear more rumbles of thunder, and by the time we got to the restaurant the rain had started up again. This of course made for a VERY crowded restaurant! We got there a few minutes before our reservation, and there was a line out the door of people trying to check in. As we got closer we could hear people who didn’t have reservations until 6 or 7 were trying to check in super early to avoid the rain! I was actually really surprised that the hostess actually took their names to be seated! Needless to say, we had a bit of a wait for our table.

We were finally seated close to 5:30. It was still pouring outside, so we didn’t mind extending our time inside at all. We got a bottle of wine to share, and then got a half margherita half Carciofi pizza. The food came out fast and oh my goodness was it good!

As we were eating we could hear the rumbles of thunder outside still, so we slowed down a bit to prolong dinner. It was hard though and we finished well before the storm passed. I suggested we get a dessert to split and my mom agreed, so we ordered the tiramisu. It was also very yummy...so yummy we ate half of it before remember to take a picture!

That too went down too fast, and we couldn’t fit anymore food in, so we decided to give up trying to avoid the rain and don our ponchos and head out.

We actually got really lucky, as we were leaving the rain was lightening up, yay! My mom really wanted to head over to the American Adventure to see if the Guess Who were still playing so we headed that way. Lucky for us, they were, and it looked like they had just started, we assumed they were delayed due to the storm.

My mom was so happy, she really wanted to see them. We found some good seats in the theater and watched them for a while. Eventually they played a song that I knew well!

Fun fact. The guitar player was our neighbor at the YC! Earlier in the week we were coming back from the pool and there was a guy with a guitar and luggage a bit ahead of us down the hall walking in the direction of our room. Not going to lie, I was a bit concerned he would be right next to us, I didn’t want some guy playing guitar all night while I tried to sleep. Fortunately it turns out he was two doors down from us!

During the show I mentioned to my mom that he was our neighbor and she was so upset she hadn’t noticed him that day earlier in the week! Haha!

After the concert wrapped up my mom mentioned she wanted to head over to Rose and Crown to pick up a snake bite. I agreed so we headed over that way. The bar was not horribly crowded, which was surprising with the recent rain! I ordered the snake bite for my mom and then we headed back out to World Showcase. I wanted to swing by Cider House to get the cider flight so we headed over there.

After getting my cider flight we found a table by the lake and enjoyed the view and our drinks for a bit. The cider flight was really good!

Our view...beautiful after the storm!

My Cider Flight

My mom's snake bite

It was a bit after 8:00 by the time I finished the cider flight, my mom was nursing the snake bite so had a lot left. We decided to wander over to see where the line was for our next FP+, Illuminations! We’ve never done a FP+ for this so had no idea what to expect. We found it easily and were surprised to see there were already a handful of people in line.

We decided to hop in line as well since we didn’t really have anything else we wanted to do at that point. While in line I ran over to the Berry Basket to grab myself the Berry Mint Julep.

My mint julep while waiting in line for Illuminations FP+

It was really good, but super strong, so ended up lasting through most of the show!

At 8:30 they started letting people into the FP+ viewing area. I was so confused when the 30 or so people ahead of us ran to the far right of the viewing area. From what I remembered, the center of the viewing area should be a better view. So I told my mom to head to the middle instead. We were right up against the barrier smack dab in the middle…and no one was around us. It was really odd.

The area started filling up after a while, and people filled in next to us, but I have no idea why people weren’t trying to get that center spot right from the start!

I have to admit, Illuminations from dead center is very different than Illuminations from side views. It was actually like seeing a new show. All the lasers suddenly made patterns, the fireworks were symmetric, and it was just beautiful! We were completely blown away, and we have seen that show dozens of times!

I snapped a picture at the end of our view…

After the show ended we decided to hang out in the FP+ area and wait for the crowds heading to the front of the park to die down so we weren’t fighting traffic to get back to the YC. It was actually really relaxing, and I loved that they played the tapestry of nations parade song!

We waited in the FP+ area for about 10 minutes, then decided to check how the crowds were. There were still a ton of people heading towards the front of the park, so we found a bench on the main path and people watched a bit more. Then, suddenly, we see fireworks! It was the new MK show! How exciting. So we sat there to watch those fireworks before heading back to the hotel.

Finally it looked like the MK fireworks had ended, and the crowds had died down, so we made our way back to the YC. We were just getting back to the hotel when we heard bangs behind us. Turning around we see MORE fireworks! It was the HS ones!

We raced back upstairs to our room since we figured we would have a view of them. We were rushing down the hall to our room when that guitarist from the Guess Who comes out of his room with what I can only describe as a 70s groupie who never left the 70s. Imagine the stereotypical bleached blonde groupie with snakeskin pants and all…then add 40 years to her age. Yup. I couldn’t help but to chuckle as we walked by them, it was just the most stereotypical thing to see. Although I have to say, I only hope I look that good when I’m that age!

Once again my mom was completely oblivious to the guitarist, and when I told her we had just passed him in the hall she was once again SO upset she didn’t notice!

Anyways, we made it back to our room quickly and we had such a great view of the HS fireworks! We had a bottle of wine in the room, so we sat outside on the balcony sipping on our wine watching the HS fireworks. Amazing.

Those ended after a while, and my mom went into the room to get ready for bed. I stayed outside to finish my wine. After a few minutes there were another BOOM, and I look over and see even MORE fireworks! Ha! This was awesome! We could see the fireworks from Fantasmic too! I yelled for my mom to come out, and she made it out just in time to see the final fireworks.

All I can say is WOW. What a way to spend the last night in Disney World! We got to see the fireworks from three parks in one night!

It was such a great ending to the trip. We were sad it was coming to an end, but we managed to do so much during such a short stay!

New Things Day 4:
1. Breakfast in France!
2. Via Napoli
3. Illuminations from the very center
4. All the parks fireworks in one night!

Last edited:
Glad you avoided most of the rain while at dinner!

Nice view after the storm!

Sounds like the Illuminations FP worked out for you guys!

How cool that you got to see so many other fireworks on this night, especially getting to watch from your balcony!

WOW that sounds so awesome.

It was so amazing! Such a perfect last night for the trip! We wished we had known our view was so good from the room earlier, but so glad we got to experience it at least once!

Glad you avoided most of the rain while at dinner!
Haha, us too! We really got lucky, although a lot of it was eating as sloooow as possible!

Nice view after the storm!
It's amazing how beautiful it was after that storm! We ended up taking tons of pictures of the sky and the views around WS.

Sounds like the Illuminations FP worked out for you guys!
Yeah, we weren't sure what to expect. We're glad we did it, was really nice seeing Illuminations from direct center, but similar to ROL, it's a one and done for us. Glad we saw it, but we're not interested in using a FP+ again for it.

How cool that you got to see so many other fireworks on this night, especially getting to watch from your balcony!
Oh my goodness I know! We were so surprised! We didn't expect to have such a good view from our room! We're hoping for our upcoming trip to have a room in a similar location so this time we can spend more time watching the fireworks from the balcony. Fingers crossed!

Around 4 we started getting ready to head back out for the night. We had dinner reservations at 5:00 that night at Via Napoli!

What an awesome place to eat on your last night

The food came out fast and oh my goodness was it good!

This looks amazing!!

Our view...beautiful after the storm!

Wow! Amazing how quickly the weather can change in Florida.

We were rushing down the hall to our room when that guitarist from the Guess Who comes out of his room with what I can only describe as a 70s groupie who never left the 70s. Imagine the stereotypical bleached blonde groupie with snakeskin pants and all…then add 40 years to her age. Yup. I couldn’t help but to chuckle as we walked by them, it was just the most stereotypical thing to see. Although I have to say, I only hope I look that good when I’m that age!

That's crazy!! Very cool.

All I can say is WOW. What a way to spend the last night in Disney World! We got to see the fireworks from three parks in one night!

Such an amazing final night you two had!

What an awesome place to eat on your last night

It really was, we've never tried it before, and ended up loving it!

This looks amazing!!

I can assure you, it was :D

Wow! Amazing how quickly the weather can change in Florida.

I know! Isn't it crazy? Went from super stormy to such a beautiful evening!

Such an amazing final night you two had!

Yeah, it was a perfect last evening in Disney. We had so much fun! Still can't believe all the fireworks we saw!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter