IT`S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE...COCKTAILS, STEAKS AND CAKES..11 JOLLY HOLIDAY NIGHTS @ RPR-DEC 2019

Carole, interesting comments about the school kids because NASA, very generously, provides a free field trip to every 6th grade class in Central FL each year, but they only allow two parents & the teacher as chaperones per class. So basically each chaperone has about 10 little darlings to keep up with. :P My kids’ school has to have a lottery for chaperones but some of us would gladly pay the admission fee if they would let us accompany our kids! LOL.
I am pretty sure the launch pads from the previous tours have been dismantled, sad to say. I always enjoyed that part of the tour also! Maybe one day, SpaceX will allow one of their pads to be on tour.

Carole, interesting comments about the school kids because NASA, very generously, provides a free field trip to every 6th grade class in Central FL each year, but they only allow two parents & the teacher as chaperones per class. So basically each chaperone has about 10 little darlings to keep up with. :P My kids’ school has to have a lottery for chaperones but some of us would gladly pay the admission fee if they would let us accompany our kids! LOL.
I am pretty sure the launch pads from the previous tours have been dismantled, sad to say. I always enjoyed that part of the tour also! Maybe one day, SpaceX will allow one of their pads to be on tour.

Oh the launch pad is still there. We saw 39a last time and we also passed right by SpaceX buildings and saw an awful lot more in 2018 versus this past December. It was a complete change after the VAB this time. SpaceX leases 39a from NASA and modified it to accommodate Falcon 9 and Falcon Heavy.

SpaceX are such a huge part of KSC, completely fascinating what they’re doing. We follow everything about them as well as NASA.

I don’t think it was the amount of chaperones that was the problem, it was some of them just weren’t chaperoning. Sitting chatting while a load of kids were misbehaving was interesting to see.

I have no idea what age 6th Graders are? We commented about how the groups of kids seemed to vary in age a lot. They were aged from about 7 or 8 upwards, although some groups seemed younger than even that, and some older.

I was always a mum who went on school trips when he was younger, as I was very involved with the school, and I agree it’s a lovely thing to do. Each parent had 5 kids including their own.

It certainly didn’t ruin our day in any way, I’d just avoid a Friday from now on as one of the employees told us Friday was the busiest of the school trip days. He said if he was getting a day off he hoped it was a Friday......lol......

Last edited:
I just rechecked & my daughter’s field trip was Nov 18th, so they weren’t there that day, whew! She was about to get a talking to, 😂

Being outside was lovely......it was warm, fresh and the best part was, it was so peaceful. It really is the most beautiful place.

We wandered round to the side of the building and it is a very pretty area with beautiful lawned areas and it leads to a statue with the three astronauts that were the first men on the moon. Michael Collins, Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin.

i-dzWzv3H-X2.jpg

You can really see how huge the building is from the exterior.

i-zxp8jqH-X2.jpg

For some reason we hadn't come round here last time, and I wish I knew why not, but we were glad we did.

i-WgMDKh7-X2.jpg

There is the most amazing sculpture of these three men. And we did stand in awe for quite a while looking at it, chatting about it and generally marvelling at their heroism and the legacy they have left since those first steps.

i-VPWTKGP-X2.jpg

i-FddXwLx-X2.jpg

i-HGrSbgv-X2.jpg

We again, stood a little longer and Tom and I were just looking around when Kyle very quickly realised something and we didn't know how we missed it immediately....and I don't often use the expression....but it completely blew us away how awe inspiring in it was in it`s simplicity.

They were acknowledging the presence of the moon in the distant late afternoon sky!

The slight salute, the look of adoration and respect in recognition that they had actually been up there, walking around gave us all shivers.

Kyle especially, found it incredibly poignant.

i-QXJFwJw-XL.jpg

i-Mpbbfbq-XL.jpg

i-8GbCnX9-X2.jpg

It truly was one of those moments that made us well up with pride in the whole programme and especially for these three men who risked their lives in their endeavour. And we truly never noticed why it was in that position till we went behind it and looked. Although Kyle had realised and glanced behind him realising the moon was up there, and therefore walked round the back of the beautiful sculpture.

I think these are our favourite pictures of the whole trip.

We spent quite a while here gazing up around us, and just enjoyed being here.... eventually we wandered back inside and headed to where we lined up for the bus back to the main area of KSC.

You can see other sets of podium steps where the viewing areas are and wouldn`t we love to see a launch from here!!

i-qTbNTsT-X2.jpg

We get off the bus and enjoy the last few looks again of the VAB and some of the places we saw earlier. As we drove along the road, there is a waterway and we actually saw two very large alligators. One was sunning itself on the grass and the other was slowly swimming along. I gasped and said to Kyle there`s one......and the man in front of me got very excited and quite animated he had finally seen a real live alligator.....lol.....it may be quite normal for locals to see them, but for us Brits it is something quite exceptional. I hate them, and wouldn't go out of my way to see them. Which is why Gatorland and similar places have never, ever been on our radar! But, this guy was very excited regardless.

We are soon back and head into the gift store where we do like a look around and last year Kyle had bought a special limited edition coin from Atlantis. It came in a beautiful display box and is a gorgeous coin.

He was looking for another, but although several tempting him, he didn`t buy anything today.....but we did pick up one of the coins to put away as part of his Christmas gifts. We also picked up a few touristy things...…a Christmas decoration, a fridge magnet and sticker that bears the one small step quote.....and a few other little things.

i-MShJ3Dq-X2.jpg

Kyle likes to buy himself something every trip as a treat and I do wonder if this year he`ll buy the commemorative gift box of 11 coins as he has not seen a watch or anything special to buy, so he may get that.....he didn't say, but I did see him eye it.

i-zFTL3s6-X2.jpg

The gift shop was crazy too…...it was filled with all the little darlings scurrying around and trying to purchase their little gifts. But again, they were so loud!!! I usually quite like kids, but after today.....I could see them far enough!!! Yes, I had enough of kids today. I`m not usually a grumpy person but this had been a bit manic with them. I met eyes with a woman who was behind me and was shoved slightly by kids trying to reach their friends…...she wasn't happy either. And again, the staff called for them to line up correctly....we were all glad to pay for our purchases and leave the store.

We headed out towards the exit at that point and we stopped for a bathroom break before getting back into the car.....

We had a lovely drive home and saw again a beautiful sunset.

i-MrctV5x-X2.jpg

All three of us were hungry now, and discussions started about where we would eat tonight.....we had considered the Cheesecake Factory but dismissed it as it is one of the noisiest places to eat in the whole of Orlando!!! Much as though we did like the idea, we chose somewhere else we knew was reasonably quiet. Gosh we sound as if we`re 185 years old......

Kyle however, suggested we go and get him a couple of fudge cakes to take out and then go back to the hotel......so decision made, that`s what we`d do.

However, traffic around the Mall is always busy, whichever way you come towards it, but around 6.30pm on a Friday evening we forgot just how busy the roads around get.....we turned off and the line to get to the lights was just never ending.....but we were here now, so might as well keep going. However it hadn`t been a fun drive at this point. Traffic had just been crazy since, well, before we even passed the airport!!

Eventually we did make it into the Mall, and saw the parking lot had not a single space.....I said to Tom, Kyle and I could jump out and get them and he could just drive around...…he was about to agree when someone pulled out of a space and we got straight in to the one they left......a woman appeared to fly from the top end to take it at the same time we were pulling in........poor thing looked distraught as she thought she`d get there first I think....

I`m sure she called us every name under the sun!!!! And I understood as I think we`ve all been there!!!

But, we had been lucky and we wouldn't be long. We headed in to the Mall, and our only plan was to get into the CF, get Kyle`s fudge cakes and leave. It was horrendously busy.......Kyle said we`d made the right choice not eating here....the wait was around an hour for a table...yep, not for us.

We got his fudge cakes and we did take one picture of the tree at night as I doubted we`d be back at night this trip.

i-4Lc9PRP-X2.jpg

We got back into the car and got ready to leave, we had to make sure the two, yes two chocolate fudge cakes were secure and then I got a message on our American phone so, as I am one of these people who can`t read a phone or anything really while the car is moving told Tom to wait so I can respond to the txt I had just received...….
then we pulled out and a very grateful young man waved in thanks......I think he looked as though he had driven around for an hour!!! We will never come back to the Mall again at this time on a Friday evening.....especially around the holidays.

Traffic was still so busy, but eventually we made it and were so glad to finally walk back into our home from home and headed straight upstairs to drop off Kyle`s desserts into the fridge.....

i-dXWKVNg-X2.jpg

We freshened up a little and headed downstairs to the Islands Dining Room to enjoy the Wok Experience. Kyle had never done it before but as he loved Teriyaki Chicken, we were sure he`d love this place. He`s always enjoyed the Islands as he had eaten here many times, just never when the Wok Experience was on.

We asked if our favourite waiter Casey was on, and he was so we got his table.....he also had never met Kyle before and of course Kyle knew who Casey was.

And it was so peaceful in here tonight......I think we all enjoyed a much quieter evening

He asked if we were doing the Wok Experience and we said yes, we all were, and what we wanted to drink.....and I said a very large and very strong bottle of red wine......he did laugh and Tom said oh she needs it......we did tell him part of the story and he said, yep....avoid the school trips days!!! Kyle asked for a non alcoholic strawberry daiquiri which comes from Jakes...…but he did bring the wine swiftly as requested!! What a star!!!!

i-tNWrb7t-X2.jpg

The first glass went down a treat!!!!

There are two types of soups on offer with the Wok.....a Thai green curry one and the other was a hot and sour, that Tom wasn`t overly keen on. He didn`t like this Thai one as it has lemongrass in it, which he doesn`t like...I love it...and Casey said it used to be one of the sauces on offer with the wok and sometimes he still used it, as it is quite thick....and beautiful.

i-rhBxR3x-X2.jpg

Kyle doesn't really enjoy those types of soups, he`s really only a fan of chicken noodle, so he enjoyed his first of two daiquiris tonight......as we enjoyed the soups.

i-jkfpFCx-X2.jpg

The Wok Experience is lovely.....we really enjoy this every time we have done it.

You choose your veg and take it up to where the chef is and he cooks it along with your choice of chicken, beef, shrimp or tofu......tofu does not look good!!!

You can have a mix of all the proteins, and then choose your sauce.

i-n4DDzDt-X2.jpg

i-2xBwpVQ-X2.jpg

I chose peppers and chicken with shrimp with a mix of teriyaki and Szechuan sauce with rice, Kyle chose broccoli with chicken with teriyaki sauce with rice, and Tom also went with the same as me except he had noodles, snow peas and onion.....poor thing never gets onion at home, so he takes advantage when he can......

They offer you fresh garlic, ginger, salt, pepper and cilantro and I think peanuts as a topping too.

The new chef is fabulous.....very, very nice guy who I hope stays a long time here. They cook every dish in it`s own wok and Pref is very chatty while he cooks too....it`s one thing we`ve always said about the hotel, the staff have always been incredible. Every single one of them that we come across.

i-Bcph7VT-X2.jpg

i-hqKMkR4-X2.jpg

Tom had eyed the chocolate desserts that he thought Kyle might enjoy, despite our fridge having two of his favourites in there......

i-BZmdD2x-X2.jpg

There were only a few tables filled around us tonight, which we were enjoying a lot......it was nice to be able to sit and chat without raising our voices to be heard. Yes, we do sound like we are the get off our lawn types...…we`re really not......

But we did enjoy chatting about all the things we had loved about our day, and ignoring the kids everything had been wonderful....and now we had dinner to enjoy.

i-pKpqrrS-X2.jpg

i-T3DgrGr-X2.jpg

i-5hn5kqf-X2.jpg

i-SQCpCmg-X2.jpg

i-rJPHKWV-X2.jpg

i-37gbWcD-X2.jpg

The food was delicious.....and best of all, Kyle loved it......and said he`d like to have it again. It was only on Friday and Saturdays at certain times of the year, but during holidays and summer it`s on every night, so we may manage back again. And this was a change from steak or pizza for Kyle too......

You can go up as often as you like and have as many bowls as you can eat, but honestly.....one is enough for us.

i-7FfhSbC-X2.jpg

He did have a plate of those chocolate desserts.....and loved them. They were incredibly rich and very dark, Tom thought they were too rich for him and then Casey offered to box some up for him, but he said thank you he`d better not as he had the desserts upstairs.......but it was tough to say no!!!

I had a couple of the lemon cheesecakes to try, but really I`d had enough. Tom was the same.....two tiny desserts were plenty tonight.

We chatted to Casey for a while as it was practically empty now. He is the nicest young man and is a great asset to Islands. But, eventually we pay the check and head upstairs to chill out.

And once in, Kyle had one of the fudge cakes.....we were watching on in amazement as he did indeed finish it. Although even he admitted it was a lot.

We watched some tv and again, went through our day at one of our favourite places and were already looking forward to going back next time.

But, we were all shattered now, so we said our goodnights and went through to the bedroom and didn`t even remember falling asleep. This had been one of our favourite days of the trip.

Tomorrow......back to the parks!

I just rechecked & my daughter’s field trip was Nov 18th, so they weren’t there that day, whew! She was about to get a talking to, 😂

lol......oh there were so many kids that were well behaved too, but the bratty ones seem to just overtake everybody else......and the noise level at lunch was overpowering, yes, but put almost three hundred kids in a cafeteria style building and it`s going to be noisy!

I`m sure your daughter had a lovely day there :thumbsup2

Why doesn't Tom get onions at home?

:welcome: TommyJK

Nice to see you here........

Simple answer, I have an intolerance to onions, and since I‘ve stopped eating them, for about three years now, I can’t take the smell of raw onions, so we just don’t have them in the house.

So, when we eat out and onions are there, he’ll have them......

:welcome: TommyJK

Nice to see you here........

Simple answer, I have an intolerance to onions, and since I‘ve stopped eating them, for about three years now, I can’t take the smell of raw onions, so we just don’t have them in the house.

So, when we eat out and onions are there, he’ll have them......

Ah. Thought it might be something along those lines.

ENJOY THOSE ONIONS TOM!

KSC looks amazing!!! We really need to take the time and go there...

Kyle's chocolate cake count is now at 14 (12 from the prior days , 1 left over from the fridge but can't remember when he ate it and 1 new one from today)... And by tomorrow I'm sure it'll be 15 or more... :cake: :smooth:

The pictures of the astronauts and the moon were so special. I wonder what it looks like at night?

The food looks yum, especially Kyle's chicken teriyaki and broccoli. Although the snow peas in Tom's dish look yummy.

After the day you had with the hordes of ill-behaved children I'm surprised you didn't just pull out one of your straws and stick it in the bottle of wine.... :rotfl2: I don't drink but
I would have started right about then.

Believe it or not, when I was getting my degree, we took field trips so we could learn how to handle children on the school field trips! We went to the capital, museums etc and it didn't hurt that the Associate Dean of the College of Education always led the trips.(He was absolutely gorgeous💜). Your experience with the monsters sounded more like some of my excursions for my other degree (Sociology), where we went to the city jail, the detention center, mental hospital etc (you get the picture:))

Ah. Thought it might be something along those lines.

ENJOY THOSE ONIONS TOM!

lol.......he does!

Annoying thing is, I actually love onions.....and do miss them, but could be worse.....it could be wine!!!!

KSC looks amazing!!! We really need to take the time and go there...

Kyle's chocolate cake count is now at 14 (12 from the prior days , 1 left over from the fridge but can't remember when he ate it and 1 new one from today)... And by tomorrow I'm sure it'll be 15 or more... :cake: :smooth:

KSC is an amazing place.......truly, everything about it is special and the Engineers, are so knowledgeable and incredibly interesting....if you like that sort of stuff of course......

lol........he ate that other slice, but I forget when, I think it was the next day when he had a gap between meals!!!

I guess once a year it’s allowed to have so much cake........::yes::

The pictures of the astronauts and the moon were so special. I wonder what it looks like at night?

The food looks yum, especially Kyle's chicken teriyaki and broccoli. Although the snow peas in Tom's dish look yummy.

After the day you had with the hordes of ill-behaved children I'm surprised you didn't just pull out one of your straws and stick it in the bottle of wine.... :rotfl2: I don't drink but
I would have started right about then.

Believe it or not, when I was getting my degree, we took field trips so we could learn how to handle children on the school field trips! We went to the capital, museums etc and it didn't hurt that the Associate Dean of the College of Education always led the trips.(He was absolutely gorgeous💜). Your experience with the monsters sounded more like some of my excursions for my other degree (Sociology), where we went to the city jail, the detention center, mental hospital etc (you get the picture:))

Yes, it would look amazing at night when the moon is up there in front of them!

If they had a bar there, I’d have been in it!!! I spoke to one of the staff that had to get the megaphone and said about then I wish they served alcohol, she replied they couldn’t or that staff would be their best customers lol......guess school trips are not much fun for them!

lol......bet the jail/detention centres would be easier.......:rotfl:There were honestly some lovely kids there.....

Like the sound of the Dean!!!!

@schumigirl We really enjoyed the Wok Experience during our RPR stay! Everyone was very nice but I didn't enjoy the desserts. Less desserts meant more stir fry bowls, yay!!

Yes, the desserts are not outstanding in any way. I was just glad they had a chocolate one that Kyle liked the night we went. He does love his desserts........::yes::

They are tiny, so one doesn’t feel like dessert anyway! Not my thing at all.

Glad you enjoyed the Wok Night.......definitely one of our favourite meal options :thumbsup2

SATURDAY DECEMBER 7TH

I think we had our best sleep ever last night. All three of us said we never heard a thing all night, which is the best! I sometimes think I never sleep straight through without something wakening one of us up.

I heard Kyle move around and got up then, but it was early. I was glad as we planned some park time today and it was going to be beautiful we were glad to see....it was forecast to be 80F but ended up feeling much warmer than that.

Once we were showered and dressed we headed up to the lounge where our lovely friends from Oz appeared quickly and asked where we had been last few days......yes, we had missed them as we hadn`t really been in much at all. We had a good old catch up at what we had all been doing and again, she wanted Kyle to share some tips with her about MiB as he had gotten 800,000.....but we had to keep it quiet from the rest of her family, although she did end up sharing with her family I believe.......lol.....it was so nice to catch up with them after not seeing them. It`s funny you just click with certain people, and we certainly did with both sisters and their families. I think a similar sense of humour helps too!!! But, they really are the nicest people and we were so glad they were back visiting this year...if only they were here more often!!!

We enjoyed our breakfast and we all felt very energised this morning, and of course laughing through breakfast helps to wake you up too.

We did ask about one of the supervisors we know well, we hadn't seen her this trip yet, she had been at work, we just seemed to miss her so would make a point of seeing her later today.

Once we had eaten and had another chat with our Oz friends, we headed down to get sunscreen on and then as we were going to IOA today, we were walking.

First we stopped down to speak to someone at the front desk, then we had a quick look at the Sushi bar as it was lovely and quiet this morning.

i-xb7k8Q6-XL.jpg

The whole area is still quite cosy with the new comfy chairs, and it is very sleek looking. We really liked it despite it being a complete change of design to what it was before. Most either love it or hate it. There doesn`t seem to be many in between views.

i-WpLzb83-XL.jpg

i-kVgsXnc-XL.jpg

As we set out the door we already feel it`s warm....not boiling hot like September, but just warmth which was perfect.

We love the pool at RP....although, maybe not in December, it`s not that warm!!! Yes, we are wimps and proud. Tom and Kyle had brought their trunks, I decided not to bring one as it was never going to be warm enough for me to go in the pool, especially as we usually swim at night, not during the day. But, the pool is very pretty and we like the layout of it and there is always plenty of loungers whenever we have gone. the Dive in Movies were still on and there was only one movie we would have watched the whole trip and that was a Harry Potter one. But, we never did go down at night to watch any of them.

i-553gB6H-X2.jpg

While RP doesn't have a slide, they do have a fabulous water play area that kids seem to love. There is also a toddler pool over the far side which is fenced off. They have the usual hot tub which we never go in as we`re not a fan of them and of course they have many Cabanas to rent. If you stay Club Level there is a discount on booking one of them.

i-Td4Gcsr-X2.jpg

i-n7QnWhr-X2.jpg

The walk is beautiful…...and we take our time as we are still early for the park to open, but it`s nice slowly walking along the path as we chat and pass comment on things we`ve done so far. We never rush...….we honestly would hate to the be that family that is always rushing from one thing to the other......to be honest we`re too lazy to be like that anyway, but we much preferred a calmer, more relaxed pace. Kyle works full time, but Tom and I are in the lovely position of having our working days behind us, so we are the same at home......we take our time and never have to rush anywhere. So, this was lovely.

And of course one of Kyle`s many photobombs of the trip!!!!

i-mrVCN3m-X2.jpg

I`m making myself a liar here.......we always say we avoid the parks on Weekends......but here we are...….but with EP it`s not an issue. It`s just the crowds are more than we are ever used to. As we went through the security check, big mouth here mentioned...….but really, how bad could it be.........it wasn't even 8.40am!!!

Yes, me and my big mouth!!!!

We were so far back we never even saw the family of the day who were I was told later staying at RP.......

i-Sc57Mkx-X2.jpg

But, we very slowly made our way down to the gates, and wished vehemently they had already implemented the separate AP gate that would be enjoyed during January......hoping of course this does get extended longer. Not having to stand behind folks who haven't already signed their tickets, or had the big A4 sheets that don`t always scan....these things do hold up the lines a lot.....and we always end up behind these people!

Once we are through I stop to speak to a TM manager we know well, but Tom and Kyle hadn't seen him so they waved and headed off....I think they thought I wasn`t riding the Hulk today.....I`d catch them up later. I chatted for a while and caught up on some news with each other and it`s always so nice to see him as we don`t see him every trip.

He headed off and I though I`d catch some pictures before meeting them to go on the Hulk in a while.....

I love POE.

i-nQhS3MP-X2.jpg

i-kJmpWQR-X2.jpg

Although I don't like cats, I do love this little balcony complete with cat sounds......thought I was hearing things the first time I heard what sounded like crying cats.......then I looked up!!!

i-59dBKB7-X2.jpg

i-2zNvpBw-X2.jpg

i-j8837XQ-X2.jpg

It`s nice to see the slight progress they are making with the new coaster foundations......

i-G8VV5vW-X2.jpg

I loved this little guy either cooling himself down or sunbathing.....not quite sure which...….but he stood like that for ages!

i-fXFM6d2-X2.jpg

i-L8XqHhz-X2.jpg

I headed down to stand under the Hulk to see if I could spot my two.....and I caught them completely by chance.......they were right at the back this time. They do sometimes ask for the front, but more often than not, they don't mind where they sit on this ride.

i-s2H8Lwq-X2.jpg

They were having a blast!!! Tom and I love our trips together, we truly do, but we do love when Kyle is with us and Tom adores going on the rides with him for a change…….

i-Q2tTPfJ-X2.jpg

I decide not to go on after all today, so when they come off we head round to go on Dr Doom together.

This little phone is cute...….

i-xJzkcdT-X2.jpg

i-4QdMkWh-X2.jpg

i-FXJQ4xZ-X2.jpg

I often say many times Dr Doom is a short but sweet ride that we love and always ride it every day, several times over. We were surprised to see the regular line was 35 minutes this morning.....it`s not often we see it like that, so no going through the regular line for pictures today as we sometimes do.

i-p7BBCh2-X2.jpg

I wish it were a longer ride, but short as it is we always have the biggest laugh on here as it shoots you up into the air and slowly come back down after a few little up and down movements...…depending on what side you sit, you may see the hotels, the park or way in the distance for miles.....so, yes, we don`t miss this ride......

Spider-Man is up next and the regular line is 40 minutes, but the line is almost out the door. That was going to be longer than 40 mins for those folks.

i-PXVpfGg-X2.jpg

We popped in the EP line and there was a little line here too. Only as far as where the glasses boxes are stored. So, not too bad, and certainly much less than the regular line. It took us just over 5 minutes to get on the ride and it was as always a huge amount of fun.

Although this ride spins a little, it never bothers me. I can`t close my eyes to avoid dizziness as that makes me worse, so when it spins I focus on the front of the vehicle, or the head of the person in front of me....keeps my eyes ahead and stops the nausea feeling. Might not work for everyone, but works for me.

i-QNpZ9Z7-X2.jpg

The stores around, we don't often buy anything from, but they are fabulous to walk around and see the theme as well as the products.....

i-236RjNZ-X2.jpg

We haven't been in Blondie`s for years!!! I always blame the fact we usually come into the park early and pass this place by long before lunch. We would like to try it again one day as the sandwiches are very good, or they were very good! I do only ever hear positive comments about it, so we will try and give it a go another time. I think the problem is there is so much choice out there for places to dine in. And with sandwiches, Bread Box is so good, and so handy as we usually come out in time for lunch, this is easily passed by.

i-hWXHv7S-X2.jpg

The sun was blindingly bright, so maybe facing into it wasn't the best idea...….

i-89zjF2Q-X2.jpg

Even a small area like this is beautifully themed and has so many little bits and pieces to take note of.

i-kgFPC3P-X2.jpg

Bluto and Popeye`s is still closed as of now, for a refurb and you can`t get round to the lagoon side of the ride which is a shame as we love it round there. And we missed watching folks getting drenched unexpectedly a lot!!!! Kyle and I particularly, could spend hours watching the shock on folks faces when they didn`t know it was coming......yes......we are very cruel at times..... but it`s so much fun!!!

i-4kVXdD5-X2.jpg

And Tom`s favourite sign was still gone!!!

His usual stance under the "I`m going to need a vacation from this vacation" was missed!!! It always seemed to sum up our trips perfectly.....

This was one tradition we hadn't managed to do this time around......where was the sign!!!! It was there the beginning of September, but gone by the end of the month, and still not back mid December!!!

Although Tom does look like he has a big Kaboomsky sign is above his head in a speech bubble!!!!!!

i-MpbHj6z-X2.jpg

More IOA coming up.........

It really was a beautiful day and we were loving this walking through the park and just wallowing in the heat, but also the crowds!!! We took sometime to stop and have a few sit downs to look at what was going on around us...….we love these parks!!!

This was why we avoided Saturdays. Around the parks it wasn`t too bad to be honest, crowds disperse easily in these parks, but the lines were noticeably busier.

Our first stop was Kong.......the regular line was 50 minutes, so we popped in the EP line and we were on quickly. And this is why we wouldn't do the parks without EP!

i-Vc92PDt-X2.jpg

i-Kk2x7KX-X2.jpg

You do miss out on a nice surprise in the regular line.....some don't like getting jumped out on, but we do...it adds to the fun of the line.....but no Scare Actors in the Express line.

You can glance through the holes in the caves and this little old lady is mostly what you can see of the regular line.

i-CpbL9mV-X2.jpg

We quite enjoyed this today, and glad we had done it again. It`s not our favourite ride, but one we always do at least once a trip.

I wanted to use the bathroom, so we had a quick wander into Thunder Falls that had just opened as we came around past it.

i-vdQ3GRj-X2.jpg

This is a good place for food, although we hadn`t eaten here in a few years, we had always enjoyed it. Although the one complaint we have and this is common for counter service, is food can cool down a lot by the time you have paid and sat down to eat it. But, the chicken and ribs here and the chicken wrap were always excellent.

i-8jJj2Ft-X2.jpg

As we wandered down to have a look at the splashing boats of JP, we see they have another set of entertainers in situ...….they were very popular and kids were getting involved with having a go at some of their instruments...….they were lively!!

i-J7VrTKr-X2.jpg

i-3zj78V7-X2.jpg

We wandered round towards Hogsmeade and again, wondering how the area will look once the new coaster is up and running. I know it`ll look fabulous of course, but very impatient to see it complete.

And we see another group of singers performing to the crowds as they pass by........although after I took the picture I asked them if they were employed by Universal or just a group of folks who had randomly started singing......lol......

i-8k6pxcz-X2.jpg

Hogwarts never looked better.....although being honest, it always looks amazing......

i-XQ6DKWJ-X2.jpg

We headed in and saw the regular line was 45 minutes! So, EP again today.......

i-BDrwhMq-X2.jpg

We dropped bags and camera in the lockers which really aren't the fuss some make them out to be.....it takes a few moments at most to put your items in. Then we headed into the ride.

I do miss taking pictures in line, although I think we have every picture there is to take in there.....but we do like taking pictures of every visit. I know some folks think it`s stupid to do that......but not for us, we love it.

The ride itself was fun...….I always take the end seat to be comfy, and we`re off. This is a ride you shouldn`t miss. It could be one of the best rides around, it`s certainly up there with the best of them.

But, a one and done for me most days...….

We came out and decided to do the FotH…..people talk about the Hulk and RRR being rough......but......this ride can be as rough as any of them!!!

i-jWLg69M-X2.jpg

i-kjGNGSF-X2.jpg

Kyle and I sit on one row, and Tom sits in front and we set off. We do like this one too, again, it`s a fairly quick ride but does have a decent little drop on it considering it`s a kiddie ride.

i-tjTkN3j-X2.jpg

They want to go back on again and as I was now chatting to a man who knew me vaguely from another site a few years back. It was a F1 and car forum with a section for rallying that we used to enjoy many years ago.....how the heck he recognised or remembered me I`ll never know!!! Nice family and we chatted about one thing and another and they were enjoying their first ever visit to Florida......so, it was nice to speak to them while they redid Hippogriff again.

i-cmw3g8M-X2.jpg

i-rZcbwvr-X2.jpg

And managed to catch them coming around just at the rather abrupt stop area.

i-HfjkJwj-X2.jpg

Hogsmeade is next...….

We never see it like this usually...….it is so busy!!!! Yes, I think we are definitely spoiled with quieter crowd levels and not visiting on a Saturday........

i-VCsS3tw-X2.jpg

There was no way we were getting back on Hagrid`s today........I can`t even remember as I didn`t write it down, if it was closed or a long line.....but I do know we didn`t ride it today.

We had a walk past Mythos and again, we do want to give this place another try one day. But, it`s hard to pass up up Confisco in it`s place.....I`m sure we will go back sometime though. But, it is a stunning building, inside and out.

i-JwgWWB9-X2.jpg

i-7QXhxmV-X2.jpg

We took a quick wander round the back to have a quick look around......and we caught the fishes again and they certainly weren`t as uniformed as before.

i-5s2wXvj-X2.jpg

Seuss was next up for us today, but no one felt like going on any rides today, to be honest we were all a little hungry now.

Gotta love those Who`s!!!!

i-8XpHSJf-X2.jpg

i-kJNZsSW-X2.jpg

This was just not purple enough for me!!! But, pretty...all the decorations were beautiful though and very colourful.

i-frGpsph-X2.jpg

My eye had been caught with someone I vaguely knew to speak to, waving at me....and darn it I couldn`t remember their name!!! I hate when that happens......I was glad when her husband said her name almost immediately!!! So, we had a very brief chat as we were honestly ready for lunch now.

None of us can remember what Kyle was trying to say to his dad at this point.....we know it was something, but not a clue today!

i-qfsM95b-X2.jpg

It kind of looked like he was doing this...…...

But, we can`t remember!!!

I like the building of Circus McGurkus, it`s very pretty and colourful, but not for us food wise......we`d had a look in and it`s a great place for kids maybe, but not somewhere we`d ever eat.

i-Wd69Zt2-X2.jpg

He was really enjoying these photobombs now...…..

i-nzhNztb-X2.jpg

We honestly kept reminding ourselves we were in Orlando in December, at Christmas and it was 80F!!!

The first time we were here at Christmas was very surreal.......hearing Christmas songs, seeing tinsel and decorations while putting on sunscreen was the oddest feeling ever!!! It wasn`t quite as surreal as the first time, but it was more reminding ourselves that it was December we had to keep doing.....it certainly didn`t feel like any December we recognised.

Those trees fitted into Seuss perfectly........barely a straight line anywhere......

i-s5mvDvz-X2.jpg

i-Ggm76L7-X2.jpg

On the way out of POE we made up our mind where we were going to have lunch.......but first had a few pics taken......

i-ZWRqqJV-X2.jpg

i-Lgzv84M-X2.jpg

It looks quiet, but we were amazed how many people were heading in as we were leaving......although we did manage to find a few quiet areas to get some pictures taken.

i-g6fdJWD-X2.jpg

i-hMF3XvK-X2.jpg

And I get my own back on the photobomb front.......

i-rdLp5M2-X2.jpg

Yep, time to head off for lunch..........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter