-It Takes People To Make The Dream A Reality- DCP Summer 2018 Highlights Trip Report! (COMPLETE 6/6!)

One Last Look At The Castle With Her
8/3/18: A Magical End Fit For A Magical Three Months

Another giveaway title so I'll cut to the chase: I was going to see my darling dear Aurora by her castle for one last time. I got to her a minute after she had come out so the line was a bit long. Her host saw me and gave me a wave since she was in the Hall earlier. One of the sweeties I hadn't met before but was just so nice and gracious. The line hadn't closed off and I hopped in it just in time. There were some big families if I recall, but most all of them just wanted the photo which left plenty of room for me to have a fabulous time with Miss Briar Rose. I got an immediate hug walking up. We talked about my leaving as she signed my book and she reminded me about playing with woodland friends in the woods or finding my prince there. Maybe she would show up so it wouldn't be all bad. Once she handed my book back, we decided to take the photo. She went for the generic prince one but I asked if we could do it looking at her castle, which she happily obliged however she asked for an over the shoulder too.

Bless that host for getting an iconic shot. Brilliant.

Well, it was officially SYRS. No more seeing her unless she popped up in the Hall again. Hugs and farewell. Forever missing her and her castle.

I then went on over to Main Street to see what was going on down there. There were so many friends I had to see there, but I knew I wouldn't get to everyone. Chip and Dale were checked off so I wasn't worried about them. There were lots of possibilities, but all that went away because out front I saw my most favorites of them all: Pluto! Although I was more planning on catching him at night, he was chilling by the gate which is rarely a spot I go see anyone so I decided to go visit (I think it was parade time and I was checking everywhere). His host was also someone I became well acquainted with and so her and I had a lot of fun together with Pluto.

31873488237_a812abaf7a_c.jpg

This angel puppy. A big ball of golden furred joy. I for sure thought this would break me but he was being so cute and just made my day. He did seem sad when I told him I was leaving (luckily no breakdowns), but his host (whose name I forget and I'm so sorry about because she was lovely and I saw her all the time) was very good about making sure Pluto knew all the details. As always, he hung on everyone and gave me all the love, kisses and hugs I needed. I was gonna miss my boy. And by some Disney god blessing since they knew I'd be seeing all my princess friends multiple times, Pluto was a recurring character on this day, as to where... you'll have to wait and see.

I wasn't gonna stick around out there. The parade had ended which means some characters were visiting on the inside again no more being defected to Main Street here anymore. I knew I'd probably only be able to spend time with one so I went to go see Miss Daisy.

46762410542_1640709a9f_c.jpg

I don't remember a lot about my time with strut icon Daisy. I just know I was gagging over her. I think I remembered to get her autograph. This goes for Pluto too (forgot to mention that small detail). But I think those moments happened before any photos were taken. I don't believe I mentioned to her about my leaving and just said I was really glad to see her. We want Daisy flawless at all times and I kept it that way. All I needed was her love and ferocity and that was what I got (again, great lighting spot). Too bad my hair didn't follow suit.

Bidding Daisy a SYRS, I decided there was no better time than now to go on a little shopping spree. I wasn't seeing any of the spirit jerseys I wanted around the parks so I no longer bet on them and decided to go stop by the Team Center for some cast member exclusive merch. I also had some stuff to drop off by Harbor Pointe. On the way there, Pluto was getting off his set and was heading off to his doggy house backstage and got my attention and waved and blew me a kiss. So so cute. Told you he'd be recurring!

On the errands I was running, I did the Harbor Pointe stop first, which is uninteresting and just a lot of dropping clothing down shoots and such then went to the Team Store. I was debating between a few items: one of the character lounge fly backpacks (or was it Jansport), a spirit jersey and the cast member lounge pants. In the end, spirit jersey and lounge pants is what I got. While trying to make my choice in an empty store, my friend Monica showed up. She had disappeared a bit early since she wasn't at the party in her apartment last night. Her parents were staying for a bit so she had quite a few more days left in the parks than the rest of us and today was her shopping day like me. She definitely kinda geared me towards my choices, which bless her that she did (all worth it).

I bought my things and said goodbye to Harbor Pointe for the last time. No reason to go back there again so that was that. Last time being backstage. Walking back out kinda got me down. Life as a Cast Member is so surreal yet you get so used to it so knowing you won't be able to casually just hop from backstage to on-stage like that anymore... it felt odd. This was my home... how could I stop doing what I always did in my home.

Ugh, the negative thoughts. They were intrusive today. Something to cheer me up was what was necessary, so what other chapters or SYRSs are we going to experiencing today?

Continue Here

Last edited:
What perfect shots with Aurora!

And of course adorable pics with Pluto & Daisy!

I'm sure it was sad leaving backstage for the last time :(

Thank you! And it really was sad leaving Harbor Pointe that last time. I miss that place, especially since FL doesn't have a backstage like that. :(

When Cinderella Says To Walk With Her, You RUN!

[Correction on my last update: I did NOT get autographs from Daisy or Pluto. The autographs did not go to any more fur babies.]

I decided that I needed to go pop over to DCA for a minute. I wanted to ride both the Incredicoaster and Mission: BREAKOUT today so I needed to get on that. I also was hoping to visit my friend, Stephanie, so I could say goodbye. We were messaging on Instagram to see where she was today or if she was gonna be her. We tried a day prior, but I missed her backstage so hopefully it would work out better today.

On my way out from Disneyland, I came across some very cute but casual princess interactions.

Click to watch!

That also confirmed that many princesses were hanging out in the Main Gate and Great Moments group, my favorite places to meet them. Hopefully I'd catch some of them later. It was off to DCA. I wasn't getting many responses from Stephanie so as soon as I went in, I went straight for Mission: BREAKOUT and nabbed this beauty.

I checked on Incredicoaster quickly after but single rider as well as standby were a bit on the longer side for me and FPs weren't going fast so I'd stop by later to make sure I fit that in. I left, but before going back to Disneyland I decided that a pick-me-up was needed. It was a long day and although I wasn't feeling major tired I think a Strawberry Acai was in order so I placed an order inside DCA and walked over to DTD (the only place that allows mobile orders on property). Usually by the time I got over there, my drink would be ready so I'd go in grab and leave.

However when I walked in, I found a guy staring right at me. He was in Starbs clothes so he was a worker. It took me a moment but there was something familiar about him. Then I recognized him immediately, right as he came in to give me a hug. He was actually one of the friends I made prior to my program in Florida, Jonny. There was some drama around him and many had cut themselves off from him. But all those people who cut him off I cut myself off and those he was still friends with, I was still friends with. It was actually the first time we met in person. My drink came out as we talked and he was on his lunch break so he had the time, but he told me how great it was to see me since he knew I was there for the summer and how I really should come back out. He told me Starbucks was paying for his schooling and he was working his way up with them although he probably wouldn't stick around once he got his degree but he really liked where he was at which reassured me how even with the financial difficulties of going to live in California, it works out ok. He had to go back to work and I had to get back to my day so we hugged goodbye and we went about our business. It really was great meeting him and talking with him though. Nice to know that who I still decide to associate with from my original friends in Florida, there are good people.

It was back to Disneyland where I hoped to run into some familiar princesses out front. However, it was completely empty. I guessed I timed that poorly. When I walked in, I saw the Straw Hatter show going on.

Click to watch!

Donald is so insanely adorable in that. The only thing more entertaining than him trying to drum in rhythm is Mickey and Minnie dancing with each other. Magical. I'd miss Disneyland's random pop-up Main Street shows. They had so many, MK could never (if only Disneyland had the Trolley show though).

I decided to head on over to Adventureland to go try and catch Moana then maybe pop into NOS to see if Miss Captain Redd was visiting from auction today. Lucky for me, the former was out so I managed to catch her at the proper time.

I don't remember what we talked about, but it involved wayfinding my way back home properly hence the wayfinding pose (that I requested most times). It was great seeing her, but it was short-lived and now it was SYRS for Moana too.

I then kinda wandered after. I couldn't find Redd so I gave up on that. I believe I went to go see if Lindsey was working in Adventureland, but no such luck. I must've cut through Fantasyland just for the heck of it. I only had so much time left with that beautiful score. Disneyland's Fantasyland is just something else and that score they have playing takes it over the top. Other Fantasylands need not apply. However the need to go back is BEYOND as a result. Oh struggle. Along the way, I went back by the Wishing Well and saw this stud making his rounds.

Click to watch!

Bye Gaston. *teardrop*

I decided to go back to Main Street for a quick minute and see if anyone was out front. When I got there, most characters were out in their usual spots in Town Square. I snuck into Great Moments which was closing off for some reason. I started to cut through the glass shop when I noticed the familiar blue and pink ballgown. I peeked my head out of the shop to investigate and sure enough there was Cindy and Aurora going out to meet. I screeched at Cindy... and she saw me and waved then very aggressively beckoned me.

She knew well it was my last day at the park and when I got up next to her whispered to me, "I'm so glad I caught you today."

Ugh, my heart.

She was in pretty good spirits, dancing along to the straw hatters who were at the front of the park. The host asked if Cindy wanted to meet with Aurora or separately. I think she could tell I'd be gagged to meet them together so she said together. Aurora was off twirling ahead of us doing her own thing when they finally got to a shady spot where I was the first to meet them. We stood awkwardly for a moment in the spot. I said hi to Aurora since she had no clue I was there and how it had been awhile since I'd last seen her (her friend that is). Cindy then leaned over to tell her it was my last day. She then gave me some well wishes and asked where home was and such. Regular talking points. Cindy kinda was quiet while I told Aurora the tea then we took our photo.

A photographic merging of the two kingdoms.

I gave them both hugs and walked away. I checked the photos on my phone then turned back and saw Cindy was looking sadly my way. I gave her a quick wave then blew her a kiss which she did right back. Hopefully we'd see each other again soon to go dust up her castle.

I went back into the park going towards Fantasyland per usual when I saw Peter Pan running on through. I decided to go follow him. I had a feeling I wouldn't be meeting him since he rarely ever stops for meets unless you catch him at the right time. This was not that time and he was just playing games like he does by the Small World mall. I just watched, laughing at his usual mischief, giving myself a break from meeting and just enjoying the magic cast members made for others. It's just as special to watch, seriously.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

I once again thought it prime to continue wandering Fantasyland where I spotted Merida once again, hanging out closer to Pixie Hollow than she was earlier.

Click to watch!

One of my Instagram mutuals was there with her kids, but we never got to talking. She did catch me on video while following Merida but we never talked. Her three year old was being a handful. She messaged me saying she wish she had since she knew it was my last day after the fact. Oh well. Close encounters are a good second to actually meeting people.

I decided to go to Main Street one last time see if I'd catch anyone. More time had passed than you think so if there was a switch out of who was out there, it would be now. Along the way I passed by this precious sight.

Click to watch!

Awww, my boy. Brings me back to the time we got to dance together to the Main Street bops. *sigh*

I went out front and first saw Snow whose line I think was closed but Cindy seemed to have just gotten there minutes before me and I leapt at the chance. Her friend was one of my bestest. I had to go see her to say SYRS.

46090001024_a53376acb2_c.jpg

She gave me the biggest hug when I went up to her. I also got really excited as I didn't originally notice who her host was until after I handed him my phone. She was so happy to see me. I promised her I would come back and see her again as soon as I could so this worked out. However, I didn't get to tell her it would be my last time for awhile until after the photo, which made her very sad. She had a reaction akin to Snow on my previous Hall visit that day. She told me, "Awww, who am I gonna have fun adventures with?" I assured her I would be back but it would be awhile. She asked me about home and everything and was very supportive and that in whatever dreams I pursued I at least should come back and visit. I said, of course, I would. She also told me that I should visit the Hall again as there would be a lot of sad friends over there. I told her I would try to. She gave me one last hug and waved me off well until I got under the train station. Her host did too until a little princess near knocked her over. Typical.

Now the question was... after meeting princesses so much, would I go back to the Hall or do something else?

To be continued...

Continue Here

Last edited:
Sounds like a nice run in with Jonny!

Aww Cindy! What a doll! So awesome meeting her and Aurora together! And then meeting her again a second time!

I couldn't bring myself to "like" many of your last posts because they were saaaad :sad: And i'm just reading about it, not living it!!

You had some great final character moments though, and running into your old friend at Starbucks seemed like a good surprise. Isn't it funny how the most random things happen in the oddest places??

I'm excited for your location for your WDW CP!! I will be at wdw a week from tomorrow, I'll be by myself for most of the trip now,and I'll try to find you and say hello. I'll be back in September, too, so I'm curious to see if you age pre-GE and post-GE :rotfl::rotfl:dealing with the crowds. Seriously though, I hope guests are on their best behavior after the opening. I try to have faith in humanity (sometimes the faith doesn't last long, but I always try to start out with it, LOL!!)

My wish for your CP is good friends, good times, good memories, and good air conditioning!!

Sounds like a nice run in with Jonny!

It was! Never thought I'd have a moment like that but it was nice and welcome.

Aww Cindy! What a doll! So awesome meeting her and Aurora together! And then meeting her again a second time!

Cindy just out here making my day every day.

I couldn't bring myself to "like" many of your last posts because they were saaaad :sad: And i'm just reading about it, not living it!!

Trust me, writing about it and reading it back is just as hard as living it. No shame in not liking it because yeah *cue tears*

You had some great final character moments though, and running into your old friend at Starbucks seemed like a good surprise. Isn't it funny how the most random things happen in the oddest places??

I really did and running into Jonny was a nice surprise. A timely surprise too at that lol

I'm excited for your location for your WDW CP!! I will be at wdw a week from tomorrow, I'll be by myself for most of the trip now,and I'll try to find you and say hello. I'll be back in September, too, so I'm curious to see if you age pre-GE and post-GE :rotfl::rotfl:dealing with the crowds. Seriously though, I hope guests are on their best behavior after the opening. I try to have faith in humanity (sometimes the faith doesn't last long, but I always try to start out with it, LOL!!)

I've been lurking on your PTR and I saw that. I'm sorry your plans went that far awry but I love visitors. Keep a close eye on my instagram lol

Oh my gosh... I'm praying that DHS deals with GE the same way Disneyland is because today went SO WELL in regards to that. Like 5 minute wait for Smugglers Run almost all day. Highest wait was 25 minutes and the rest of Disneyland was DEAD like... WDW ops, please take notes and spare your front-line cast members. Please spare us.

My wish for your CP is good friends, good times, good memories, and good air conditioning!!

Haha, thank you so much! :)

A small little announcement but...

Third Time's The Charm At The DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM!

I fly out tomorrow morning so start subscribing now! Get all the tea on what will for sure be an EPIC 8 months.

Now, for a DOUBLE update today...

My Final Goodbye To Another Hall BUT Time To Truly Love DCA

Obviously I couldn't be shady to Cindy after how sweet she'd always been to me. I made my way from Main Gate to the Hall for the final time. Three was always the charm and I wasn't gonna change that today. Never break tradition, but make it extra special for special occasions.

I also went at a dying time. Everyone seemed to be watching the show so I didn't wait long but the crowd soon filed in after mine.

And by some magic, I got the mystery princess!

Jasmine wasn't the most excitable princess that day, but she wished me well and such. Also, it goes to show if you visit the Hall three times, ONE TIME you will get a surprise princess. At least one time.

After Jasmine was my fave fish.

Ariel's friend wasn't one I had been around before so it was a pretty introductory occasion. She was still very sweet, but my energy was running low for something like that so it was awkward and quick. Eh.

But the star of this visit was once again: Cindy.

It had been awhile since I saw her, but I was more than comfortable letting her know the sad news. She asked me about all of it and offered me a ton of advice. Cinderella was 100% my guardian angel today. She was many a time for me. It's funny because I rarely liked seeing her in Florida. If I did, I wouldn't post the photos or take the photo then spend my time with Aurora or Elena. California really made me love the Queen of my Home Kingdom. I guess that's why it was so magical with her, just a sign my original home is always with me.

And that was it. No more princesses that day. I had said goodbye to them all multiple times (Cindy coming in with a top count of FIVE, outdoing the record Ariel held from the Incredibles 2 Day). It was starting to hit a little. I kinda sad lonely walked out of Fantasy Faire knowing this was the last time I'd see it at its most hype. I'd probably come through at night, but WOW I was going to miss that place so much. All of Fantasyland. Disneyland's Fantasyland, I'll tell ya. Not even Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland Expansion could out-do wow. She really is that powerful, OG Fant-Land.

Know who's also powerful? Disneyland's Main Street. One last day time walk through that. You really could feel Walt's presence there. I mean, he actually was there at one point, practically lived there. Ugh, I could spend so much time on Main Street and it will never not be That Land(TM) at a Disney park. But Disneyland's was the first and it's clear it is loved and really felt as the hometown of Disney. I'd be back later. Always first hello and last goodbye. Always.

DCA needed some love. She was my work home, I had to go spend some time and if you know DCA, you know she QUEEN at night. Before I did, I decided to go run to DTD quick to grab another Strawberry Acai from Starbs. Again, bless mobile ordering. I might've also gotten some dinner but I can't recall. Sometime this day I did but I've forgotten. Ugh, the struggle of doing a TR you never intended but want to do justice yet you can't remember anything chronologically. Anyways, in the time I did that, I ran into Monica again, we talked for a bit again. I invited her to come join me at DCA but she had other plans so I hugged her, another final goodbye except to a close friend. *deep breaths*

DCA Time!

As I mentioned before, I messaged my friend Stephanie to see where she was. She told me she was at Black Panther and gave me some times. They weren't close to any time so I decided to go to my favorite place in DCA.

You know why I was here, but I first had to check to see if FPs were available. And they were! Two rides on my fave attraction was better than just one so DUH I'm snatching up an FP. However, the single rider line still exists so I was gonna fit in a ride without a doubt.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Only one more to go.

Once I got off, I realized it was now close to when Stephanie told me she'd be out with Black Panther. In what capacity, I did not know. I didn't realize this until well down along Pixar Pier where I saw some of my Custodial co-workers, ones I liked. I talked with a few of them, I believe Robert the trainer was one. He gave me a hug and said, "I was one of the good ones." Further down at the end of the Pier, I saw my other host friend Jenn. She was with Sulley and Mike today, who I didn't have any intention of meeting, but it gave me time to talk with her and tell her where I was going as well as telling her my plans and getting her Facebook. We also snuck in a selfie so she could remember me. So glad I was seeing so many people today.

I also saw these two cuties when I got over to the Grizzly area.

Click to watch!

I might've rode The Little Mermaid then went to the bathroom. I can't remember.

I also probably stopped in Ghirardelli and the Bread Factory along the way. I always did when going that direction. After making many final strides across DCA, I was in the Marvel area. I couldn't find Stephanie but I found a Dora Milaje. She was expecting me so I assumed sent by Stephanie and she asked about my day, my missions (I said I was on my way to go help the Guardians and we talked about how Gamora is a great warrior), etc. At one point, I tried to touch her spear but she scolded me, although obvi I wouldn't I'm just me. Then she asked if I wanted a photo and I said yeah sure. She got a nearby host and she told me to show my claws and pose like T'Challa. She even adjusted my hands so they looked good and it resulted in by far one of the best photos I have.

That quality photobomb by the other Dora though.

After, she told me to go help the guardians but that my mission wasn't finished until I came back. To California, she meant. In short, writing this TR I still haven't finished this mission. I mean, she gave me a death glare so for sure I was gonna have to go back. Oh yeah, for the Dora, for Stephanie, for all my Disneyland fam and for me. I waved SYRS and walked off to Guardians.

When I got there, the line for FP was trailing out but they were being fairly quick and I snuck around some families to scan myself so it all worked out and I was no sooner inside the Collector's Fortress, ready to help with the Guardians for the final time.

Or so I thought...

Continue Here

Last edited:
Saving Gamora & Co., Catching Jack-Jack and Hugging Spider-Man... One More Time

Click to watch!

The Guardians were trapped by the Collector and they needed help. Of course, I wasn't sure if that was me the first time but this time I knew and I went about my duty.

Rocket right on cue, here to infiltrate the Collector's introduction and brief us on our role in helping free his friends. He's never late for that one.

Click to watch!

Off to go catch my gantry lift for one last presumedly successful mission saving the guardians with Rocket.

I'm at the end of the row near the wall crying out a final tear for Mission: Breakout.

I believe I either got "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" or "Burning Love" on this ride, both of which were some of my favorites so a great note to end on.

Or did I?

Guardians saved, it was time to go help the Parr family and Edna go get Jack-Jack back. I snuck back across to the Pier through the back way, catching the last rays of golden hour for my last Incredicoaster ride.

About this time, the group chats had lit up and people were making plans to meet up. I was alerted that there was potentially a group we were gonna try to get on Guardians once again. I was all for it and started messaging Julianna about it who seemed to be the ring leader. Lucky for me she said she was hanging in the Pier so I would go visit her once... my final ride was over. :(

Anyways, back to the Incredibles mansion...

Click to watch!

I basically got to cut the line at what point because I was a FP and a single rider so I flew through. The Incredibles knew I was the best person to help them.

Enjoy a last few selfie vids on the best ride in DCA (Sorry Guardians).

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Yup, I got a video of myself going through the loop. Impressive. However, it wasn't all that exciting because the short ride did end and well...

That was that. It was over. *big sigh*

I'll be back soon Parr family. Real soon.

I headed further into the Pier to see if I could find Julianna and Garrett. Along the way I saw Mike Wazowski being a silly monster with Mr. Potato Head.

Click to watch!

No time to stick around figuring out what the mess was. I needed to go find Garrett and Julianna. Lucky for me it took no time since they were right in the thick of the crowd surrounding the Pixar Philharmonic. I asked about their plans and they said they were gonna try to get some of Garrett's friends to let us on through FP of Guardians, but that they were going to get some food, something I'd already taken of so I said I'd see them later to ride Guardians. I asked where Kaitlyn or Lakeland was and she told me Kaitlyn and Liz were with Kaitlyn's dad waiting for Spider-Man. Lakeland she didn't know, but Kaitlyn & co.'s plans seemed more up my alley so I told them I'd head over there and see them later for Guardians.

When I got there, I saw Kaitlyn & co. were right around the corner from the front of the line, which required some awkward sneaking but the line wasn't too long. Spidey wasn't there so they were just chilling. The hosts had said they were gonna be waiting about 15/20 minutes. I asked if I could join Kaitlyn & co. and they said for sure. I also ended up getting caught in their conversation about Hermione in relation to feminism. It was very interesting and got a little funny. I mean, Hermione is a feminist icon no doubt but there were some other things we were discussing, particularly in her adaptation from page to screen. It really helped pass the time for when finally Spidey showed up!

We decided we'd use my phone for photos and that Kaitlyn's dad would take the photo card so we could download whatever FP got, but we'd still have other means for photos that Photopass might miss. Poor Kaitlyn's dad though offered to carry all our stuff and was the human pack mule. Eck.

Finally, it came time to say hi to Spidey and before I could even say anything, Kaitlyn and Liz attacked Spidey with a tight hug. Spidey took it well. I just kinda stood there.

Eventually I was beckoned into the Spidey love fest...

32939252328_ba65ebea2f_c.jpg

31873490907_362240ef6a_c.jpg

46821404412_b8a2a1f6c6_c.jpg

I don't remember too much about this meet, mostly because Kaitlyn and Liz directed it. I just kinda jumped in from time-to-time when they brought up it be our last time. However, they were focused on getting individual photos and this one photo of the two of them fighting over him. I was kind of the breath of fresh air and Spidey seemed to love the attention. I mean, he offered the hug goodbye at the end. Sweetheart. I want more though. Stop me from crying. Ugh, Marvel heroes... I can't. And with Spidey being my favorite since I was like four... yup, nope, can't. I was so grateful I got to shoot webs with him one more time.

It was just about time now to go find Garrett, Julianna and everyone. Kaitlyn's dad wasn't really interested in going on Guardians, but we convinced him to join us. Right after that, Lakeland found us. One of the group chats had been texting her and she found the few of us by Spidey. Julianna said they all were in Bugs Land so we went there. When we got there, we found ourselves a midst a much larger group that aside from myself, Kaitlyn, Kaitlyn's dad, Liz, Lakeland, Julianna and Garrett, now ALSO included Matt, Lorenz and I think one or two other people who's names I do not know. Garrett had kinda disappeared as he was trying to find a lead who could possibly get us an in at Guardians. After chilling for a minute or so, Garrett showed up and brought all of us over to the FP line. He got a head count, which was a lot but enough to not argue with, and after some persuading, they let us through. Woohoo!

So yeah, I had one more visit with the Collector and the Guardians.

Click to watch!

That was the only video/photo/media I got. I don't remember much about this ride, but it was fun and it was also the first time I really got to ride Guardians with anyone my entire program. The other chance I had, I was having stomach problems so I opted out. It was special in that regard. Being with friends, even if a lot of other people that I was close with weren't there.

The most memorable part of this final ride was the aftermath. Kaitlyn, Lakeland, Julianna, Garrett, Kaitlyn's dad and I all wanted to go watch Paint the Night. The other group, including Liz, Lorenz and Matt, all were planning on... I can't remember it was either Racers or going to Disneyland to scout a spot for Together Forever early. But it was splitting up and emotions were coming out. Lakeland and I were kinda on the outskirts. I did give Matt a hug, but yeah it was starting to hit. Who knew when the next time you'd see this group of people in a park together? It was sad to say the least even if you weren't in the thick of it. After the moment was over, the squad split off and the group I was with made our way back to Hollywood. We debated whether we'd watch it there or in my favorite spot. It was late so after fighting with my original plans to watch it from my favorite spot I conceded to Hollywood. We'd have better luck there then in the 10 minutes passing to get to the other side of the park where it was starting sooner than I normally plan for. The Guardians put a wrench in my plans.

The Disney gods smiled upon us and left us a big enough space on the corner at the end of Hollywood near the Hyperion theater so we parked ourselves there, ready for what is the Disneyland CP equivalent of Wishes. If you don't know what that means... you'll find out soon enough.

Continue Here

Last edited:
~~GREETINGS FROM ORLANDO, FL!~~

Yes, I have arrived. We have been here a minute but we had to run a few errands and now we're in our hotel room ready for a little nap before maybe some Disney Springs tonight? We shall see. For now, let's relive my last moments at DCA...

I Don't Think We'll Be Able To Do This Again

We had some time before the parade arrived so we kinda goofed around. 4 out of the 5 of us had our own Paintbrushes so Julianna had us all do the "My name is [name] and you're watching Disney Channel" then make the Mickey ears and she traced it as we did it. It was on her Insta and Snap story so I don't have the vids, but it was pretty funny. However, I personally wanted a boomerang of myself with my paintbrush.

Click to BOOMERANG!

It was getting closer to the time the parade was coming. The announcements were announcing it closer and closer. In the midst of that, we saw the Photopass with the Paint signs were out in full swing. We managed to flag one down to get one of all of us with the sign and then holding our paintbrushes. Even though we all were in down moods, it came out cute and we were so hype for it. Still one of my favorites.

And then it was time. Our last Paint the Night.

Click to watch!

"Switch on the sky and the stars glow for you,
Come see the world cause it's all so brand new,
Don't close your eyes, cause your future's ready to shine,
It's just a matter of time before we learn how to fly!
Welcome to the rhythm of the night,
There's something in the air you can't deny..."

"Put your hands up cause the night is young
Kick your heels up, come and join the fun
As the magic sets us all a-glow
I got to know, my friends...

When can we do this again?

And as the jubilant, poignant lyrics of Owl City's most loved hit echoed away towards the Collector's fortress, it hit me. I probably wouldn't be seeing it again for a very long time if ever. The parade was only set to be there until the end of Pixar Fest, which it extended but left again prior to the Holiday festival season. Talk about a tease. I just lost it because that parade was everything to me. Seeing this parade was all about simple dreams coming true. I was obsessed with it seeing all the vids and photos people would post during the Diamond Celebration (especially how Francis Dominic seemed to never miss a night of it when he was still working at the park at the time and made sure all his snap followers knew it). It was 3 years later now but I got to see it. Over and over. Flood my snap story with it. Cry over it. Make new friends watching it. I could be having the worst day ever and I'd hear just a few notes from the opening and it would be ok. It truly meant the end of another great era for me and it hit... HARD. I was tearing up off and on throughout the parade, but I think when things started to go there was when Cindy saw me and waved. Almost always her or Punz would catch me and wave their tiny little waves at my lonesome self criss-crossed on the pavement. Then it was over and that was it. It felt gone and it hurt. Not only did I feel that but Kaitlyn and Lakeland were pretty broken. Lakeland immediately grabbed my arm at the hand and quietly sobbed into my shoulder while Kaitlyn did the same to her. Kind of a domino effect. Julianna then came over and held all our hands trying to cheer us up by telling us we saw it a lot and we'll always have those memories. And we were all there together to share them. It was true and I think it got us all feeling a bit better.

We started collecting our emotional selves who were the only ones left in the area as parade clean-up and GSO came through to close out their duties for the night. We thought we were all ok, but then it became apparent we all different plans. It sounded like Garrett and Julianna were doing some more things on their own, see some more friends in DCA. I think Kaitlyn and her dad had some plans too, they might've been leaving I'm not sure. I was planning on starting to head out to Disneyland, which Lakeland said she would tag along. So yeah... more SYRSs, the really un-fun kind. We did have tomorrow for move-out that we'd all probably see each other, but Garrett and Julianna were actually driving home super early so this was it for us seeing them. Familiar faces disappearing back to their homes, not to be seen until... who knows? That last phrase of the Paint the Night soundtrack was ringing in my ears as we all shared long hugs, trying to hold as long as we could before we all split off. Lakeland was my final companion of the night and thank goodness we both are pretty attune to each other after these months so we kinda let ourselves be with our own person. The emotional exhaustion was kicking in. I had to go say goodbye to Disneyland or I'd be really upset but I was dragging.

You can hear it as I said goodbye to one of my favorite places to work at DCA.

Click to watch!

In the time it took for us to emotionally and physical collect ourselves and say our farewells, the fireworks were getting well into it over at Disneyland. I thought that might mean I'd be able to take a pic with the storyteller statue with my graduation ears on. However...

Click to watch!

The irritation I had. And with my emotions feeling so vacant, I was not quiet about it. They couldn't hear me over the fireworks but I was irritated. Then once they ended, a group jumped in front of me before I could have Lakeland take my pic. Finally, I got my proper goodbye pic to my home park on the West coast.

Incredicoaster marathons. Fast Pass missions with the Guardians. A long-wanted Pixar Pier odyssey. Backstage tours at Soarin'. Loki's musical and other Marvel hero shenanigans. My first alcoholic drink in a Disney park. A suitcase and a dream. It was all here. All happened here and I was closing the chapter on all of that.

In the time it took to get the photo I thought the crowds would thin out but they were still coming. However, it wasn't as bad. It also allowed us to notice that there was a very special boss of ours waiting by the exit. The last time we saw him there, they said we could only take videos of them and they weren't meeting. However as I told Lakeland to go closer we could see MICKEY WAS ACTUALLY MEETING. Although my plan was to say goodbye to him at Disneyland, this just seemed too good to be true so we quickly hopped in line. The host was trying to make it rather quick for everyone so most would just walk up, take a pic then exit through the gates.

I, however, took more time with my fave boss...

I could not have sounded sadder talking to him but he was so excited to see me. I began telling him that I was leaving but he motioned and told me that he knew. At first I thought he meant the graduation ears but he knew me. It's always nice to know your boss remembers you, especially on nights like this.

He gave me a nice little goodbye kiss as I walked away and switched with Lakeland for the photo. Mickey gave her a nice big hug and then we took the photo. He was being extra sweet with her too, but there was still a line so we waved goodbye as Mickey continued to blow kisses as we walked out the gate, concluding our summer at DCA and being "bossed over" by the newsie Mick (as Lakeland and I both worked at the same park).

It took forever, but it was see ya real soon to DCA! You were my dream location for the summer and you'll always be special to me for that reason. Farewell for now. Hopefully I'll be doing all that again real soon. <3

Continue Here

Last edited:
Wow I was getting emotional just reading that. I can't imagine how it actually felt to say goodbye! But so, so many memories you have now, and you're about to get so many during the fall program!

That was an emotional goodbye, but definitely a great way to cap off your farewell evening in DCA!

I love the Paint the Night Parade so much, but my heart still belongs to the Main Street Electrical Parade as my favorite nighttime parade. I love the pictures though!

Welcome to Orlando where it looks like it will stay really hot for a while!

Ah- what great updates- but oh so sad! I get choked up after being at Disney for a long weekend- let alone 3 months!

If you're still in HS in Dec- we are planning 2 park days there! Off to join your latest report!

Wow I was getting emotional just reading that. I can't imagine how it actually felt to say goodbye! But so, so many memories you have now, and you're about to get so many during the fall program!

It was so unbelievably emotional that night. As I've said before, I don't think words truly evoke the actual feeling but I guess that's with anything. But yeah, I'm so happy to be starting tomorrow and along with that, my final update for this trip so stay tuned. It gets even more emotional.

That was an emotional goodbye, but definitely a great way to cap off your farewell evening in DCA!

It was, but it felt right which is always the way to go.

I love the Paint the Night Parade so much, but my heart still belongs to the Main Street Electrical Parade as my favorite nighttime parade. I love the pictures though!

I'm Paint the Night all the way. MSEP is my least favorite, but I saw it's last run at Magic Kingdom so... has a special place in my heart for that. I thought nothing would top Spectro for me but Paint... no one can compete with her. No attraction, no show, no dining, nothing. She is the be all end all for me. Glad you enjoyed the pics!

Welcome to Orlando where it looks like it will stay really hot for a while!

I totally am not used to this humidity, talk about culture shock but I'll get used to it. I have to and I mean, thrived it in the past so COME AT ME ORLANDO!

Ah- what great updates- but oh so sad! I get choked up after being at Disney for a long weekend- let alone 3 months!

You don't expect it or you try not to but it really hits ya. It never changes, whether it's only a few days or months, it'll always hit ya.

If you're still in HS in Dec- we are planning 2 park days there! Off to join your latest report!

I'm here all the way through January so I definitely will be around. Keep your eyes peeled for me hehe

I'm Paint the Night all the way. MSEP is my least favorite, but I saw it's last run at Magic Kingdom so... has a special place in my heart for that. I thought nothing would top Spectro for me but Paint... no one can compete with her. No attraction, no show, no dining, nothing. She is the be all end all for me. Glad you enjoyed the pics!
I really wish I had the opportunity to see SpectroMagic more. I only have a memory of seeing it one time, and all the other times I ever tried to see it, it always got rained out. I guess that is the problem when you grow up in CA at Disneyland and barely come to WDW...Maybe that's why MSEP has a special place in my heart since it is near and dear to a lot of DL fans including me...I won't argue that Paint the Night is the superior nighttime parade though because it is...Saying it's better than some shows and attractions...hmm?... :D

I really wish I had the opportunity to see SpectroMagic more. I only have a memory of seeing it one time, and all the other times I ever tried to see it, it always got rained out. I guess that is the problem when you grow up in CA at Disneyland and barely come to WDW...Maybe that's why MSEP has a special place in my heart since it is near and dear to a lot of DL fans including me...I won't argue that Paint the Night is the superior nighttime parade though because it is...Saying it's better than some shows and attractions...hmm?... :D

I only saw it once too but it's such a vivid and important memory that it was still one of my faves. I definitely know for a fact DLR people were much bigger MSEP fans than WDW people so that makes sense. And I'm not saying Paint is better, I just prefer it to anything else. Like it's my favorite thing across the two Disney parks I've been to. I just love it THAT much.

I'm checking in it at my old sistah Vista (Way) today so I'm gonna make this brief since this will really close out the real reporting aspect of this TR as I head off onto a new adventure. Thank you for being along for the ride those who have stuck around until the end. There is a little more to come in terms of wrap-ups and additives, but this is the true end of me laying out my prior summer at Disneyland.

Please enjoy:

See Ya Real Soon To My True Home, Disneyland!

We had said 'see ya real soon' to all my favorite characters including the boss man, Paint the Night, Magical Map, DCA, etc. and now it was down to one final SYRS, the last farewell: Disneyland. I had spent the whole day there, left to bid farewell to DCA and now it was back one last time with a friend close by my side. It felt right, but sad.

Lakeland and I decided since the fireworks were ending that we would just head directly to New Orleans Square and catch Fantasmic. It was one of the ways we kicked off our first night and we both loved it so it seemed the best way to finish out our night at Disneyland, especially with how exhausted we already were.

When we got to NOS, it was already pretty packed. We spent quite a bit of time scouting a spot and finally wedged ourselves in on one of the little patio areas out in front of the French Market with everyone else who never bothered to get their early nor get a FP. It was fairly roomy at first but once the show started we were getting cozy. We still got a fine view of our beloved Fant though.

Click to watch!

Click to BOOMERANG!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

I was pretty emotionally drained, but this still hit. I definitely teared up during the princess section (especially the Tangled part) as well as the Mark Twain finale. Like Ariana Grande, there weren't any (read: many) tears left to cry. It had been a few days of that and it had drained us out. Normally this would be the time I'd walk around and do a few more rides before close, but I was done. I'd done what I needed to do, it was time to leave. I looked at Lakeland and I could see she also was out of any energy so I said we should look to head out. First, the SYRS...

Click to watch!

Before officially leaving, I had to get some final Wishing Well and Castle photos. It's the only way I go. I had to have them no matter how exhausted I was.

Wishing Well ones were first. I only wanted them so it made sense to get them out of the way. You can really see the emotional drainage and longing I felt. Tear stains and all.

From there, we went back to the Castle to get some photos. Lakeland and I both took part in this, but I only have photos of moi.

Lakeland and I tried to switch out but it got wonky. Taking photos with the castle at night is hard especially when trying to get yourself and the castle in focus. Not to mention all the people walking by. So we tried to get through our own shoots as quick as possible and then switch out. Not sure if we got the perfect shot we wanted or not. We just wanted something that was worthy of commemoration, which we think we got. Then, a little family who had showed up to take their own photos asked if we wanted to have one of both of us. We said sure, but they made us agree to help them with their photos, which I'm always ok with doing.

I mean, we got these adorable shots.

We then switched off, I took photos of them and walked away. We had a little laugh as we're pretty sure they thought Lakeland and I were dating. If they only knew the wrongness of that hahahahaha

Laughs didn't last long. It was time to leave.

Click to watch!

Thanks Walt for everything.

On our way out, I got a text from my friend Sage saying she was on Main Street and saw I was in the park. She wanted to say goodbye. She was on break but she'd be out soon and she said to wait by the white character gate. Before I could, Lakeland and I took a quick bathroom break where on the way I ran into my work friend Setareh. We didn't become friends until that shift where the guy before me left my restrooms a mess and we somehow bonded over our astrological signs in the midst of that, but she was someone I genuinely enjoyed being around at work. So it was nice giving her a hug. I also met her boyf of 5 years which was chill. We didn't talk long as we had to go about our night.

We went to the bathroom then came out and headed over to wait by the gate. Town Square was pretty quiet at this time, really extra beautiful in a way. Park wasn't closing which is when I'm normally there so it was weird seeing it so empty. The characters were going in for a snack or to powder their nose. We waved bye to Minnie from the Great Moments corner while waiting for Sage.

Click to watch!

As we were waiting, Pluto came by and...

Click to watch!

I got my last Pluto goodnight hug. All was well.

We waited a bit after Pluto left and finally Sage came out and gave me the biggest hug. It was the second time we were saying SYRS and we had become far closer in that time. Ugh. I was so glad I got to spend as much time as I did with her, even getting to meet her boyf and some of her family. Hopefully having this distance between so many of my lovely CP friends wouldn't last too too long. Eventually, we officially had to say farewell. She had to work and I had to get home to start packing as did Lakeland.

Now, the saddest of farewells.

Click to watch!

I never thought in my life nothing would defeat my love of Magic Kingdom, even with all the Disneyland hype I'd gotten from my better travelled friends and coming in January but I understood. I mentioned it earlier I think but it all felt like the most magical hometown ever. Everyone knew each other, everyone cared for each other and everyone above all was having fun or making sure everyone was having fun. I want to live there forever. It really had taken Magic Kingdom's torch and ran with it. Disneyland is the place I want to be a regular at because it really is the place where you can be that casual. I'm so sad I'm so far away, but it will always be in my heart after this summer. For sure.

Lakeland and I headed to the busses and basically ended our day. We, of course, had another long hug before we went back to our rooms. We'd see each other in the morning most likely but we were gonna hold onto every moment possible. I've said it a million times, but who knows when we'd see each other again after we all fly/drive out tomorrow? (spoiler alert: Lakeland may or may not be coming to visit me in Florida soonish.)

By the time we got to our rooms, it was well into the next day with only so much time left to pack ourselves up. I knew I would have to get up early to finish packing and get myself checked out. I also knew I wouldn't be getting much sleep. Throwback to that "no sleeping in Disney" life. How far I had come from that. With my head hitting the pillow and cuddling under my Darth Vader throw for the last time in my Carnegie room, we can officially say the most magical summer of my life had ended.

Sweet dreams.

:tink:

Continue Here

Last edited:
We just wanted something that was worthy of commemoration, which we think we got.
You definitely got it!

Thanks Walt for everything.
❤❤❤

I got my last Pluto goodnight hug. All was well.
Oh so sweet!

spoiler alert: Lakeland may or may not be coming to visit me in Florida soonish.
Now that's a spoiler I can live with. Yay!

Wow you were right, definitely emotional. But what a magical last day, truly.

I’m really happy to see that you liked Disneyland as much as you did. I’m sure that’s hard saying that since you grew up with Walt Disney World. Most people I know that have come to Walt Disney World growing up have always said that Walt Disney World is better. I think it really depends what park you go to the most or first. When people ask me which park I like better, I always say that I’m biased to Disneyland but I like both for totally different reasons. Then I also say if you’ve never been to Disneyland, to give it a try. That is because most people I talk to have never been. Disneyland is truly a magical place.

Thank you so much for many wonderful updates from my “home” park! It sounds like you had the perfect evening to say “See ya real soon!”

I’m looking forward to reading about all of your magical memories that you will be making in Florida!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter