-It Takes People To Make The Dream A Reality- DCP Summer 2018 Highlights Trip Report! (NEW 11/9!)

Discussion in 'Disneyland Trip Reports' started by PlutosRHM55, Sep 9, 2018.

1. PlutosRHM55

PlutosRHM55 Pluto's Prince (Haters back off!)

What a dream that would be. *fingers crossed*

Thank you! And it was. Definitely one I can remember most vividly even outside of the videos I took.

DO IT. You MUST. Sending pixie dust your way so it may be so!

the2ndstar2theright likes this.
  2. PlutosRHM55

PlutosRHM55 Pluto's Prince (Haters back off!)

Never Forget The Day I Sang to My Puppy Prince
    6/2/18: Disneyland With My New CP Besties

We've now made quite the jump in this "highlights report" that will be one long 24 day vacation of sorts. It's been a minute since my last adventure in the park and in that time, I've essentially finished training which means I'm on a regular work schedule meaning I made daily visits to the park in order to make it to my shifts on time and not stress about catching the bus on time. The bus was never on time.

The curse of TranStar truly follows one forever.

[​IMG]

Curse intact, I hopped on the 10 bus, got myself to Disneyland, went through Harbor Pointe to drop off my bag with my costume and other essentials in my locker then popped back out into the Esplanade. A truly perfect daily routine.

Forgetting one thing though!

[​IMG]

My ticket to happiness and YUP, NO PROBLEMS AT THE MAIN GATE. I would give them my blue ID, they'd pop out whatever iconic Pixar duo was in the stars for me, take my pic and I was on my way for a jaunt in the magic. Oh blessed day!

[​IMG]

I checked the Disneyland app to see the times of certain characters and I saw Aurora would be coming out by the Wishing Well soon! I had yet to meet her since having park access so I thought better now than never that I stop by. When I got there, the line had already formed but it wasn't too too long so I grabbed my spot and was ready to wait it out.

[​IMG]

As I waited, Gaston started to make his way through into the main courtyard of Fantasyland so I pulled out my phone just as he was about to pass and... well...

Click to watch!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Needless to say, the thoughts going through my head after that moment are not appropriate for a family event like the DISBoards. It seriously was too much for my poor gay heart to take though. Ugh, GASTONNNNN.

Not long after he passed and had distracted me sufficiently, along with many others in line, Aurora showed up. The Queen of my Childhood was here and I was so excited to finally get to meet her in such a picturesque spot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She was as sweet as the Briar Rose she is named after and as I remembered. She was gagging over my outfit choice since I matched her and Flora. Then she noticed my bracelets which included a blue one for Merryweather. We definitely needed to get green for Fauna. She is the mediator of the bunch so she is necessary. I also had to tell her how much I loved her adorable castle and her story. Overall, it was a lovely overdue visit. I'd definitely be back to say hi to her again.

Ducking out into the main courtyard of Fantasyland, possibly wanting to follow Gaston... possibly not, I realized I hadn't visited Toontown since I'd been here. So deep deep DEEP into Fantasyland I traversed until I passed under the cutest little sign.

Click to watch!
    [​IMG]

In Toontown, the first house I came upon was Goofy's and lo-and-behold the man himself was standing outside. He had a very short line that looked like it might be close to being cut off since his host was watching the end of it very closely I got in.

He was very gracious when I got to the front, especially when I complimented his house.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I asked him about Max and why he wasn't around. Goofy pointed to the second floor of his house and he told me he was sleeping. I told him I should be more like Max in that instance. Goofy happily agreed, being that I probably was one of my many visitors since the park opened a few hours earlier. He still had a minute for a photo...

[​IMG]

...and a hug goodbye.

[​IMG]

As if on cue, right outside of Goofy's abode was another fave pup mine, more fave one might say...

Click to watch!
    [​IMG]

If you didn't watch the video, YOU NEED TO WATCH IT. Keeping it short, Pluto was dancing his best life out in Toontown and being the loud mouth I am and a lover of a more pop variety of music said to Pluto that he needed better music. He then ran up to me and asked me to sing for him. Pretty sure the dog had my tongue because I was like "WHOA me sing let's not." I am a musical theater child, but singing is not my strong point. The practice I do on my singing far outweighs that of my dancing practice or learning lines. He insisted as did his house. I asked him what song I should sing and the host suggested, "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse." If you know that song, it's pretty repetitive but for my boy I DID IT. A huge mob surrounding us including a child who tried to interrupt our little moment. The host stepped in luckily and blocked the kid off. After I was done, Pluto gave me a big hug, pointed at my phone to signal a commemorative photo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So yeah, that was the story of the time I sang to Pluto in Toontown. Unexpected, unplanned and I'm not sure I would do again. I don't get sunburnt but having me do wild things, as much as I agree to them, makes me red red RED.

After the occasion, I decided I was in need of some sustenance so off to New Orleans Square it was! And for those of you who followed my adventures on Instagram know this could only mean one thing...

:butterflyMINT JULEP BAR!:butterfly

[​IMG]

Thank goodness for that CM discount or I would've gone so broke on my Mint Juleps and Mickey Beignets but GURL they were addictive! And I'd down them so so quick. Hence why they eventually became my brand on Twitter and... yeah everywhere. Especially after I discovered Ralph Brennan's, but this is getting ahead. Back to the present of this trip report, as I ate them I realized that the Haunted Mansion didn't have a long wait. Then I noticed the times for FPs and they were like... nearly now. I hadn't gone on the Mansion in awhile so I thought "Why not?" I ran to the kiosk, grabbed an FP and after a bathroom break, I was able to hop right in line.

[​IMG]

I believe that I mentioned before that while I prefer Magic Kingdom's Mansion, DL's Mansion from the outside is far prettier. It fits the theming better of New Orleans Square (like what is even its purpose in Liberty Square?) and is so iconic. I grew up with the Disneyland Sing Along VHS so it was always nostalgic walking up to this mansion. But a facade is only a facade for so long when soon you are in the boundless realm of the supernatural.

Click to watch!
    [​IMG]

Click to watch!
    [​IMG]

Click to watch!
    [​IMG]

Click to watch!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mansion is Mansion and I always feel right at home after socializing with some grim grinning ghosts. I took a moment to myself to just take in the New Orleans Square outer areas when I noticed that my friends Katie and Monica were in the park. I messaged Katie and asked where they were at and if they wanted to hang out. She was all for it and said that they were at Splash Mountain and to meet them over there. Party of one was about to become party of three!

Continue Here

thumper* and MeghanEmily like this.
  3. missjackiemcg

missjackiemcg DIS Veteran

Sounds like perfection tbh!!

What an incredibly fun and special memory with your favorite dog!!!! :) Love this picture so much!

4. thumper*

thumper* Disney Dreamer

That is so awesome
    [​IMG]

5. missangelalexis

missangelalexis DIS Veteran

Great character photos!! Your moment with Pluto sounded too cute, love the video!