-It Takes People To Make The Dream A Reality- DCP Summer 2018 Highlights Trip Report! (COMPLETE 6/6!)

Is This Amount of Fun at DCA Allowed?
5/28/18: Disney Buddies Unite!

When we last left off, we were on our way to DCA. On the way there, I got a text from my friend Lakeland saying she was in the park and wanted to meet up. I let her know we were headed into DCA and to keep me posted when she got here.

In the mean time, we saw a cute reminder of what day this was:

Oh yup, that's a thing!

We had other plans to attend to though. Involving a certain OG Mickey Mouse...

Do you know who I'm talking about?

If you do, you know I've been very very VERY sad that he's now cut from DCA but this was my first time meeting OSWALD!

Sort of.

He was right by the gate as we expected so we ran right up to him but the host told us he was finishing up for the day. We were very sad, especially Lindsey who ADORES him, and began walking away when the host ran up to us and told her, "You can walk with him if you want." We were ALL about that so we ran back and got to have a little walk with Oswald the Lucky Rabbit.

Click to watch!

It was a short time spent with the Lucky Rabbit, but a fun one nonetheless.

I hadn't received a text from Lakeland yet and the rest of the crew let me know they had an FP for Radiator Springs Racers and they wanted to let me join so we headed on over thattaways. There, we had a much easier time letting me sneak in on their FastPass. For the most part, they didn't care since I was just one more no big deal. Even Jocelyn, a former Attractions CM, said she'd let people do that all the time if at least they had had the decency to make a FP and not lie about it. *coughAPscough*

Anyways, we sped through the line which made Lindsey and Jessi a bit nervous as they are not big thrill seekers while Lindsay, Jocelyn and myself were and RSR is not a scary attraction so we didn't get it but this was the peak of them actually doing a fast ride so we were there for it. And I mean, we did get a quality ride photo in the end:

We also saw Mater driving by as we came back into Radiator Springs:

Click to watch!

Lindsey and Jessi had suggested after RSR that we go meet Anna & Elsa. At the time, I was still in my stubbornly anti-Frozen phase, but I said I would go. Lakeland had caught up with us and decided to join us for Anna & Elsa. Before we entered the Animation Academy, we had to take a moment at the Pixie Dust wall at the entrance.

Honestly hate these photos, but why not post for the heckuvit? After we had all finished our photoshoots, we headed on in and hopped in line for the monarchy of Arendelle.

We had a typically long and dragging wait for Anna and Elsa, that we entertained ourselves during fairly well.

Click to watch!

We're all fairly good at starting up convos with CMs. We also had a family that tried to cut us so we had to put up with that. The moment we realized what they were doing they actually started talking trash about us. It was hysterical. Cannot stand families that think they are entitled over adults or older kids waiting in line to meet characters. Check yourself and be patient hons, you'll meet them eventually. Soon enough, we were ushered on into the Royal Welcome room. The two Frozen ladies seemed a bit overwhelmed by us so I never even really got to say hi. We came in, said like one or two things as a group to each of them, then got a group photo.

I suggested a Disney buddy photo would be fabulous here so we got one of those too.

Then, Lindsey got an individual as did Jessi. Finally, we said goodbye to the sisters of Arendelle who were totally ready to head home and build a snowman after us.

When we left, Lindsey announced that they had FPs for Soarin' they wanted to go use. I had rode it the other night and Lakeland had said she wasn't in the mood to ride either so we split off from them. We checked out the Marvel area and BVS for anyone who was out meeting and found nobody. We asked some CMs in the Marvel area about Thor and Gamora since we both really wanted to meet them and they said they wouldn't be out for awhile so Lakeland and I decided to head elsewhere. She had been wanting to do some of the attractions with shorter waits. I said the still open Pier rides would be a good place to start.

We first hit up The Little Mermaid, a familiar favorite for us WDWCPs.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch

After, we saw that Golden Zephyr was at its usual short wait. Neither of us had ever rode before so we hopped in line. I ended up live streaming our entire ride so hope you enjoy a full ride through of Golden Zephyr lol

Click to watch!

It was nice. Golden Zephyr and Silly Symphony Swings are essentially the same experience except the locations and ride vehicles. They are nice to have a breezy break

Nonetheless, we decided that Swings was the next one we wanted to hit.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Honestly, these flying Pier attractions are so perfect at Golden Hour. Ugh, I was LIVING.

We decided to forego Jumpin' Jellyfish and Goofy's Sky School for another time and make our way back to go meet Gamora and Thor for their last set. By the time we had gotten to Bugs Land, I had gotten a text from Lindsey saying her and the other half of our squad were getting drinks in Hollywoodland and that we should reconvene. I said we would, but Lakeland & I had some appointments to attend to in the land of Bugs.

Particularly with a beautiful butterfly (read: caterpillar)!

Click to watch!

Heimlich & co. were going to be leaving after my program ended so it was CORRECT to stop by and give him some love. We also gave Francis some love... as much as we can for a bug but not a lady that is a cheap knock-off of the teacups. You didn't hear it from me though.

After Francis, we headed to Hollywood since it was getting close to time for Thor & Gamora and the squad was going to be nearby. We didn't see Lindsey and co. anywhere so we immediately grabbed a spot in line for Gamora and Thor. Not long after getting in line, Lindsay found us bringing everyone with her. We came to find out they had had a few drinks and were feeling pretty good. Jessi even warned us, regalling the story of a tipsy Lindsey once telling Kylo Ren to add a little sparkle to his life. Oh boy, who knows what she would tell Gams and the God of Thunder. Whew.

Let us see what went down...

Photopass got better photos but they were put on Lindsay's card so I never got possession of any of those photos. I still remember a quality interaction with this unlikely pairing. Thor kinda dominated the M&G and I mean... Thunder man was looking GOOD today. ANYWAYS, we asked him about Loki for some reason and he told us about this story where he dropped his hammer on Loki's cape and how Loki never got up since he didn't want to admit to being lesser than his brother. It was great. Gamora wasn't having it. I asked her about if it reminded her of Starlord and she said, "Don't even get me started." It was hysterical. After all this talk about the other avengers, we decided to bring them into our photo so Gamora ran down the line asking for our favorite Avenger and here was the resulting photo.

From Gamora to Thor: Gamora, The Hulk (or maybe Black Widow?), faux Gamora, Doctor Strange, Captain America, Thor

With Gamora being my fave Avenger, I asked if I could have a separate photo with her.

It honestly was a great time and I'm so sad about it because it was the only time I ever met them together before they both stopped meeting regularly. Don't worry though, Gamora and I became fairly good friends but it wasn't the same without Thor even if Gams is my fave. I'm just glad to have such a cool memory with them like this.

Once we had gotten out of the M&G area and the line, Lindsey & co. said they were going to head on over to Paradise Park to drink and then grab a spot for Paint. Lakeland and I noted we had plenty of time so we decided to go see if we could catch the characters we missed on Buena Vista Street (BVS) and would meet up with them later. Let's see how it went down this time around.

Continue Here

Last edited:
Oh, Oswald :lovestruc I'd love to meet him!! At least you got a chance to walk with him a bit!! Love your friend's face in that pic!! She is SO happy!

Oh, Oswald :lovestruc I'd love to meet him!! At least you got a chance to walk with him a bit!! Love your friend's face in that pic!! She is SO happy!

He's so precious. They unfortunately recently cut him from Buena Vista Street along with many others around the park so no more Oswald at DCA. :( It was fun while it lasted.

Sounds like so much fun!!

SOOOO much fun!

The Best Paint The Night Lead EVER
5/28/18: Disney Buddies Unite!

Lakeland and I's destination was Buena Vista Street so that's where we went. Luckily this time we had better luck and most all characters were out, probably getting in their last rounds with the locals of BVS. Daisy was the first we noticed by Carthay Circle so we hopped in line for her.

When we met her, Lakeland went first. Daisy grabbed Lakeland's hand the minute she walked up and twirled her around and danced with her. It was the cutest thing and they had such a nice little chat, Daisy complementing her on her braids and her outfit in general, even if we were in our sweatshirts at this point. It was so sweet.

Then, it was my turn and if you know me, Daisy and I are a whole different kind of M&G breed. Daisy is a runway icon so what happens? A super fashionable PHOTOSHOOT.

Ugh, so fabulous seeing that Queen especially in her FIERCE BVS outfit. Again, WE STAN.

And off it was to see another Queen as Minnie had just popped out by Elias & co. with Mickey not far behind her. We decided to see her first because OUR BOSS'S BOSS (which we did tell her hehe).

She was so sweet as always. Obviously we were having a nice little love fest and I think I told her about my CP. I can't remember what exactly happened with Lakeland except her getting Minnie's autograph for her book like she did with every character. (Personally it's not my gig since it takes away from the actual interaction for me.)

After Minnie, we had to see Mickey!

Not much to write back about that one. Mickey was a busy mouse that night and needed to get through photos quick.

After that, we decided we wanted to go to Cars Land since the neon would be on and I think I was hungry so I probably got some cone-conction, most likely the Bacon Mac N Cheese and then just took a few vids of that lovely atmosphere.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Rachel had messaged us at this point asking if we were in the park. Lakeland told her we were going to watch Paint soon and we'd meet her at a spot. Just some background to this situation, there was some drama with Rachel that eventually led to her being cut off from the friends group and the apartment she was in at this time and it kinda started around this night. Like we genuinely weren't wanting to be around her, but the drama hadn't hit us hard so we were being nice. We did need to find a Paint spot so we headed through Pacific Wharf to find a spot.

On our way through the back of Cars Land, we noticed how pretty RSR looked this late at night and had to get a few pics. This family even saw us taking pics and asked if we wanted some with the two of us. It was so nice and so we ended up with a duo photo too.

The family also told us that they were from areas where this type of natural architecture was their backyard and it was never nearly this pretty. Wow, props to Disney Imagineering on the landscape design of RSR.

After taking some photos for them, we were on our way to finding a spot. We looked at the area near Bugs Land and Cars Land and found the area in front of the waterfall by the winery was EMPTY so we grabbed it. I texted Lindsey & co. about our spot while Lakeland told Rachel. I got a text back saying that Lindsey & co. had already grabbed another spot and they were staying there, which kinda left me in a predicament. Rachel caught up with us as I was discussing with Lakeland what to do. I eventually decided I would see where they were seated and decide if I wanted to stay with them or not. I'd already hung out with her and Rachel for a few days so the odds were more in Lindsey and co.'s favor.

In the end, they also ended up having the better spot all the way by the Pier gate where the parade started. We had a whole spot for us to dance around in and we wouldn't have to wait forever for the parade to come through. I told Lakeland by now I definitely was staying and bless me for doing so because it was LIT and all kicked off by THE best Paint The Night lead EVER.

If you aren't familiar with the Disney hierarchy system, there is regular Cast Members (Part Time, Full Time, CPs, etc.) then above them are trainers who are usually also leads who coordinate the other CMs then above them are the Managers who are the big ones and there are more above them that lead all the way up to Bob Chapek. We're not going to dig that much. Anyways, leads cover all lines of business including the crowd control or Guest Services Operations (GSO), which included a team for Paint The Night, usually consisting of Attractions Cast Members. Well, by the gate, there was one lead that always got the crowd super hyped right before the Parade began. I've since found out that this lead is in the running to become one of the Disneyland Ambassadors which is AMAZING and honestly she deserves it. My proof?

Click to watch!

Yeah, she's fabulous and reminded me A LOT of the manager of the DCP at Disneyland, who was a former ambassador for the park back in the early 00s. Hopefully I'll find out she was chosen to replace Mikey and Alexa, who I happened to meet a few times but that's another story for another day.

Anyway, it was time for the LOML to come by and I was HYPE tonight as was the whole squad. Oh, nothing gets CPs this hype like Paint. It's facts and they must be repeated.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

You think I'd ever tire of this parade? Nah, I never would. Cars dancers, my princess queens, PinWheel baes, etc. I needed them on the daily or life would've been HARD. After that, we were all pretty tired so we decided to head out. I asked Lindsey if she could drive me back. Unfortunately, she wasn't even the one who drove to Disneyland, it was Jessi so all of them could save gas. Bless her heart, I'd made a good impression and she was more than happy to drive me to Lindsey's place so she could drive me back to Carnegie. It actually wasn't that bad or complicated of a journey as Lindsey literally was basically right down the street. Not that I ever walked to her apartment (no no no), but she was close enough for a quick drive like that and soon I was back home. I hugged her goodbye and went in for an early wind down. I let Lakeland know I had left on the drive to which she told me they had left early too so it was nbd that I wasn't around.

I wasn't exactly "pass out in my bed now" tired, just tired enough to not stick around a Disney Park. I decided it was the perfect time to decorate the cork board that was in my room and I was pretty proud of how it turned out. I added some things later but this was the original lerk. What do you think?

Not sure where I put the Solo poster, but I have those park maps on the fabric board on my desk in my apartment now. Always a piece of Disneyland and Pixar Fest with me.

Well, that essentially ended this entire day of Disney Buddies. I believe I was going straight into On-The-Job training so I had that long week ahead. Don't worry, those long days of training didn't deter me much, we have two plus months worth of adventures and fun stories to tell. Stick around, you won't want to miss A THING!

Continue Here

Last edited:
That parade looks stunning!! (I am starting to learn more about DLR).

Everything there looks beautiful! The parade will be an absolute must-do on my first visit.

You think I'd ever tire of this parade? Nah, I never would. Cars dancers, my princess queens, PinWheel baes, etc. I needed them on the daily or life would've been HARD.
I love YOUR love for Paint the Night!!! Now, I will just keep crossing my fingers that it's still there in a couple of years because I've decided I should plan a trip to Disneyland for my 40th birthday. #FINALLY

Not sure where I put the Solo poster, but I have those park maps on the fabric board on my desk in my apartment now. Always a piece of Disneyland and Pixar Fest with me.
I remember when I'd move into my new dorm room each year of college, decorating my bulletin board (and hooking up my stereo) was top on my to-do list!

Oh my, I almost missed your report!!!:eek:
My office is merging with another and for some reason I am the person everyone is counting on to get both offices lined out and showing a profit.....
uh okay, maybe it's time for me to go work at Disney for a paltry sum and enjoy my retirement...(not sure the fam would approve).
Anyway, looking forward to the recap.popcorn::

By the way Timmy, you'll find your place in the world, neither I with an El Ed degree nor my sister with a Computer Science degree even use them in our current professions. So don't worry your pretty little head about it! (old timer expression)::yes::

That parade looks stunning!! (I am starting to learn more about DLR).

Everything there looks beautiful! The parade will be an absolute must-do on my first visit.

Paint the Night is the best thing Disney has ever done. Unfortunately, its last day at DCA is November 7th so it won't be around any longer :(

Hey man, awesome pics with the Evil Queen and Peter Pan!

Thank you! I love those two. So much fun!

I love YOUR love for Paint the Night!!! Now, I will just keep crossing my fingers that it's still there in a couple of years because I've decided I should plan a trip to Disneyland for my 40th birthday. #FINALLY

I would DIE for that parade. No lie. Hopefully, even though it is leaving again tomorrow, it will be back since it's so popular. I'm sending all the pixie dust into the universe in the hope that happens. I will be very sad otherwise.

I remember when I'd move into my new dorm room each year of college, decorating my bulletin board (and hooking up my stereo) was top on my to-do list!

I'd love to have a stereo or be allowed to have one. Alas a bulletin board is always important to me. Best way of personalization aside from my posters and rainbow flag.

Oh my, I almost missed your report!!!:eek:
My office is merging with another and for some reason I am the person everyone is counting on to get both offices lined out and showing a profit.....
uh okay, maybe it's time for me to go work at Disney for a paltry sum and enjoy my retirement...(not sure the fam would approve).
Anyway, looking forward to the recap.popcorn::

By the way Timmy, you'll find your place in the world, neither I with an El Ed degree nor my sister with a Computer Science degree even use them in our current professions. So don't worry your pretty little head about it! (old timer expression)::yes::

Omg you found me! So glad you're here! :welcome:

Lol why is that me? My happiness I value more than making a really good wage. Disney over any profitable job lmao (jk... maybe)

I really appreciate that. It's been a bit rough regarding me finding a post-grad job and I've needed some support in knowing that hope isn't lost. But I hope opportunities start popping up sooner than later. *fingers crossed*

I would DIE for that parade. No lie. Hopefully, even though it is leaving again tomorrow, it will be back since it's so popular. I'm sending all the pixie dust into the universe in the hope that happens. I will be very sad otherwise.
Good Lord, how did I miss that announcement!?! I will cross my fingers, arms, eyes, etc. that it comes back ASAP....at least by 2020 :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!