-It Takes People To Make The Dream A Reality- DCP Summer 2018 Highlights Trip Report! (COMPLETE 6/6!)

Congratulations Timmy!! So proud of you. :thumbsup2 If they have any sense at all they'll snap you up in a minute! Good LUCK!

You're so sweet. Thank you so much! :)

Seems just yesterday that someone guided me to your first report and the rest is history. You'll do great in whatever you choose to do, choreographing the play, new job and all new adventures.

I cannot believe it's been like 8 or 9 years since that first one. Wow how time flies!

And thank you so much, you've been so supportive for so long. I really appreciate it. :goodvibes

Sounds like a pretty awesome 4th of July! I’m
Glad it was way more pleasant than you expected! And those treats look yummy!

It was! I had a lot of fun and it didn't feel like the usual Disney holiday at all. Bless those samplers they gave us, they were enjoyed THOROUGHLY. :teeth:

So many awesome character pics! But especially that one with the Incredibles group! #SQUAD

I'm glad you had such a fun day at Pixar Pier!

Sounds like a pretty good 4th of July!

Best of luck on your job interviews!

What a fabulously fun 4th!! :) Glad you survived your assigned area, too!

It was! So blessed that day didn't turn out as bad as expected.

So many awesome character pics! But especially that one with the Incredibles group! #SQUAD

Thank you! They were all so much fun. And I do love that Incredibles squad one. So unexpected and awesome.

I'm glad you had such a fun day at Pixar Pier!

Sounds like a pretty good 4th of July!

Both days were fab!

Best of luck on your job interviews!

Thank you! :teeth:

Thank you for doing such marvelous write ups! I have enjoyed them thoroughly :)

Good luck with your interviews - any company would be lucky to have you! I hope you get the job you want!

Thank you for doing such marvelous write ups! I have enjoyed them thoroughly :)

You're welcome. They are so fun for me so it really is my pleasure, thank you! :goodvibes

Good luck with your interviews - any company would be lucky to have you! I hope you get the job you want!

Awww, you're so sweet, thank you! Hopefully everything falls into place soon. *fingers crossed*

Thank you all for your well wishes on my interviews! Apparently they worked as I have a second interview this Friday. Keep your fingers crossed for that one. I will keep you posted as my job search continues. In the mean time, ANOTHER UPDATE!

Did I Actually Walk All The Way To Company D In THAT Heat?
7/5/18: Post Fourth of July Celebration

Yes, by some happy coincidence, the day after Fourth of July, I had off! Yipee! Hence why I decided to stay up after a long work shift partying it up true Fourth of July style with my friends (and now I've blown my cover lol).

I slept in fairly considerably on this day and decided that I'd make it a later park day since I had yet to go to Company D or Property Control yet.

For those of you not familiar with Disneyland, Company D is essentially their Cast Member only store (family and friends are allowed too) where they put all the items that they have to take off the racks for one reason or another and sell them for a lower price. Disney World has a similar location called Cast Connections, which I LOVED and visited many times, particularly around Christmastime when I needed to get Christmas gifts. It might sound odd to get Christmas gifts from a place that sells stuff that Disney wouldn't sell based on condition but Disney's particular so usually most things sold at Company D or Cast Connections is in pretty good condition. Usually it's one miniscule thing, but you pay like half or less than the price that's given in the parks. Property Control, however, they are a bit more banged up, but this place also has some items that were once sold in the parks that they just never got through the inventory or even furniture that was removed from the parks. It's basically a combination of the Property Control at Disney World and Mickey's Treasures, which are all CM only areas versus Company D or Cast Connections being a place where you can bring guests. Between the two, I was hoping I'd find a good deal on a Disneyland Spirit Jersey since I only had one and heard they do end up rather frequently in Company D and Property Control. I'd spent ample time at this point in the park so why not set aside a portion of my day to do some frugal shopping?

Well, here's the getchya of it all: Unlike Florida where CPs had busses that could take them to anywhere on Property and it was simple finding a bus or a friend to take you to Cast Connections, California was not that way by any means. It was much closer to housing here yes, but transportation to get there was A MESS. I had no clue how to do it so Uber was the best option. I didn't want to spend $15 though to be driven only five minutes so I decided to take a walk a bit of a distance before calling the Uber.

A thing to note about today was today was the day that that crazy heatwave began in California. The one where we hit record temps. Yup, that was today. The next day, if you look at my table of contents, was the day we hit 116 degrees which was the record breaker. Today got up to high 90s, but cooled down later in the day to pretty moderate temps. It was still very VERY hot out, a lot hotter than it had been all summer so yeah an Uber was necessary.

Or it would be if you weren't me and did every stupid thing possible to avoid spending unnecessary money?

To answer the question posed in the chapter title:

Yes, yes I did.

All the way and all the way back, even if I had run into friends while there and said I'd be ubering back... didn't do it. Even after a walk that actually had me feeling a little light-headed, I didn't call for one. Nope, no Uber for me. I was getting in my exercise and sweating off all possible water weight on me. Yeah, the one who rarely sweats was sweating. It was HOT and the walk was far more than your normal walk, taking me through some not-so-savory neighborhoods. It was daylight though and I survived.

I stopped first in Company D where I really didn't find anything of interest. They didn't have much. Cast Connections always had cool deals along with certain areas dedicated to real quality or of interest merch. Company D was nowhere near the size of Cast Connections and with not nearly enough selection. It was a lot of the same thing. They also had a Team Store at the back, which I thought might be offer discounts but NOPE. You only had your usual 20% discount for all the CM exclusive stuff they had back there just like at the park and at Team Disney. Cute.

I didn't stick around for long and decided to go to Property Control, which ended up being a very different experience in terms of shopping at CM exclusive shopping locales. You had to walk through this whole maze that led you to essentially a warehouse, which was what Cast Connections and Property Control were at World. Here however, this place wasn't an air conditioned mall atmosphere, it was a legit warehouse where they dumped all the things that were too damaged or at an inventory far beyond that of Company D's capabilities. It was not set up like a shop and definitely not the cuter set-up of Company D. Property Control was real barebones deals. It had some pretty cool stuff though like items from the hotels such as robes one could buy or furniture from hotels or old souvenir items that they had left over from when they sold them in the parks. I checked for spirit jerseys here and they only had a few, none of which I wanted. I still didn't want to make what would most likely be my one time at Property Control a waste so I found a few things: a discolored pair of Minnie Ears (that really weren't badly discolored), a WoC pin and Disney Travel Co. Lanyard, a Tiana's Showboat Jubilee necklace and something else that is escaping my memory. I almost grabbed an EVE plush that had nothing wrong with it but was like $5, but decided otherwise since I already had enough plush. I ran into Kaitlyn and another CP alumni friend, Rachel (not THAT Rachel), who were here as a stop while on their way to work. I talked with them for a minute before checking out then left.

Now like I said, did not even take an Uber back and took that sketch walk all the way from Company D back to Carnegie. It was a lot considering that I stood in Property Control for awhile and it was HOT in there so I ended up grabbing a quick bite at a Burger King on my way back. That cooled me off and got me through the rest of the way back, no issues. When I got back, I was WORN. I even considered not going to the park, but my need to go get that Ariel spirit jersey I wanted but didn't find at Company D was real so after a quick shower and quick nap, it was off to Disneyland!

As I entered into the park, I made note of something...

Click to watch!

Again, super hot. Yet NO CROWDS. The human world was nonexistent out in Southern California and Disneyland. Frankly, I could live with that. Like Elsa says, "The cold didn't bother me anyway." Well THE HEAT NEVER BOTHERED ME ANYWAY. However I did walk quite a few miles in it on this day so I decided to duck into the best place to escape the heat and get some of the best AC on property: THE ROYAL HALL!

I don't remember much about this visit. I believe it was the one where I embarrassingly ran through the Hall because I thought Cindy beckoned to me but it was a host that was hiding in a corner behind me. A confusing, awkward experience all before I even met her. I can't remember her who was there with her and Snow since I don't have any photos that I can find of a third princess. I know Snow was the standout and we were having the sweetest little conversation though. I don't remember details but the OG princess was spreading all the magic, bless her.

I decided not to stick around much longer in the original Magic Kingdom after that rather uneventful visit and decided to head on over to DCA to see if there were ways of cooling off over on that side of the magic.

Continue Here

Last edited:

All the way and all the way back, even if I had run into friends while there and said I'd be ubering back... didn't do it. Even after a walk that actually had me feeling a little light-headed, I didn't call for one. Nope, no Uber for me. I was getting in my exercise and sweating off all possible water weight on me. Yeah, the one who rarely sweats was sweating. It was HOT and the walk was far more than your normal walk, taking me through some not-so-savory neighborhoods. It was daylight though and I survived.

Goodness!! That is quite a hike in hot weather. Especially if one is slightly dehydrated from a previous day's festivities. Glad you made it ok!

I don't remember much about this visit. I believe it was the one where I embarrassingly ran through the Hall because I thought Cindy beckoned to me but it was a host that was hiding in a corner behind me. A confusing, awkward experience all before I even met her.

You are not alone - this kind of thing happens to me and is so awkward! Your pix ended up cute anyway and you totally recovered by the time you saw Snow :)

Nope, no Uber for me. I was getting in my exercise and sweating off all possible water weight on me. Yeah, the one who rarely sweats was sweating. It was HOT and the walk was far more than your normal walk, taking me through some not-so-savory neighborhoods. It was daylight though and I survived.
#braggingrights

I even considered not going to the park, but my need to go get that Ariel spirit jersey I wanted but didn't find at Company D was real so after a quick shower and quick nap, it was off to Disneyland!
Oooooh, how have I not seen that one!? I hope you ended up finding it!!

Goodness!! That is quite a hike in hot weather. Especially if one is slightly dehydrated from a previous day's festivities. Glad you made it ok!

Again, I still don't know how I did it, especially considering I walked through some sketchy areas too (pretty sure I saw some drug deals outside Burger King).

You are not alone - this kind of thing happens to me and is so awkward! Your pix ended up cute anyway and you totally recovered by the time you saw Snow :)

Lol thank you and yes, bless Snow. It also wasn't a friend of Cindy I particularly liked soooo that made it worse.

#braggingrights

Oh, for sure. *insert bicep emoji here*

Oooooh, how have I not seen that one!? I hope you ended up finding it!!

The princess spirit jerseys are REALLY popular. You have to catch them just right at the right place. They are also more subtle theming. Ariel's is the green one with the purple shell over the heart whereas Cindy's is blue with a silver glass slipper, etc. I'm sure you've seen it and just didn't realize.

Sounds like a brutally hot day! Super admirable that you did so much walking!

It was and it only got hotter. I genuinely don't know how I made that hike even if heat really doesn't bother me THAT much.

I Can't Network With Normal People, But I Can With Edna Mode
Part I

Before heading into DCA, I realized that I hadn't gone to grab the Ariel spirit jersey I wanted. I was outside of Disneyland so I decided to go check out the Dress Shop in DTD and go pick one up. They had ample supply and I was able to find one, no problem, pay and head out. It was again fairly hot out so I didn't wear it right away but I'm sure with how cold nights got even on such hot days I could don it for a moment later.

I hopped on over to DCA where I decided to go check out who was around over at the Marvel M&G area. When I got over there, I saw Doctor Strange was out but I had no interest in meeting him. Black Panther and Black Widow were ending their day. Gamora was the only one out with little wait and that I had interest in seeing. I essentially walked right up to her.

As you can tell, Gamora was only there for a photo today and for talking to me in the only uncomfortable position where I was blinded by the sun. It was hello and goodbye and I was on my way. I decided after that I would stop by to see Anna and Elsa. I'm not a Frozen fan, but they always were fun whenever I stopped by so I thought why not?

Lucky for me, their line was a near walk-up. Not to mention I had some choice words for Elsa about this weather.

As expected, I had a surprisingly good conversation with the Ice Queen and Chocolate Lover Queen. We talked about how Elsa needed to tone down the weather, but she said she didn't want to go outside because it was too hot (WELL, OF COURSE). Then we also discussed some other ways on how to get extra chocolate from Ghirardelli with some tricks I knew before and some new ones. After talking per usual, we took our photo and I went on my way.

Continue Here

I Can't Network With Normal People, But I Can With Edna Mode
Part II

I decided to head over to Pixar Pier to see how long the Incredicoaster wait was and if they had FPs left. The wait was much too long and FPs were out so I nixed that plan and decided to head on down toward the Pal-A-Round where I came across this super eager Wilderness Explorer.

Click to watch!

I followed him after to his M&G spot and decided to give him an official hello.

Russell was the absolute sweetest and full of so much energy. I complimented him on his dancing and then he noticed my shirt to which he started showing me how he does the perfect cast. Obviously I had to join in but he was out-doing me so I stopped. We did our classic Wilderness Explorer salute then hugged goodbye. Ugh, that boy seriously deserved that Ellie badge.

After Russell, I happened to walk behind Buzz on his way to Midway Mania. I hadn't gotten to see him on the day that the Pier opened so I got in line to meet him too.

I wasn't sure exactly what to talk about Buzz with so I mentioned the cowgirls in Paint the Night since they do go off with their dancing to his break-down. I assumed he choreographed it himself to which he quietly admitted to. It wasn't a long meet with him, but the lighting was so perfect at his spot and lighting is most important sometimes. We'd probably be more productive fighting Zurg then just talking. Or maybe salsa dancing.

After Buzz, I checked the times for the Incredibles area M&G and realized Edna Mode would be coming out. It was starting to get a little chilly and I recalled that I had my new stylish spirit jersey to show off. Who better to show it off to than the queen of Fashion herself?

I hopped in line and while waiting for a good 15 to 20 minutes, I pulled on the spirit jersey and switched off my Powerline shirt all in time before I got to spend some one-on-one time with the queen herself.

The most fierce and fabulous meet and greet EVER! I felt so validated. She was absolutely LIVING for my ensemble especially the spirit jersey to the point where she had me show it off. Then we discussed an Incredibles spirit jersey since we both agreed there needed to be one in which I essentially said I'd help with it if she hired me and let me help babysit Jack-Jack. Obviously Edna is a great businesswoman and thought this was a quality deal. We sealed it with more photoshoots in which we did normal and abnormal photos??? I don't know, the host was making fun of us for it. All-in-all, I wish life made it easier or more realistic to work for Edna because then I wouldn't have to worry about getting an adult job at this point in time. Oh well.

After Edna, it became apparent that night was setting in and it was getting close to time for me to scope out a spot for Paint the Night. However, I was hungry and needing some nourishment from a warm, eventful day. I didn't have a lot of money to spare thanks to my multiple shopping and fast food stops so I had to find some more cost efficient way to feed my rumbly tumbly. Pixar Pier had lots of options, most of which I had yet to try fully. So which one to choose?

Continue Here

Last edited:
Paint The Night With A Side Of Poultry Palace

Title says it: I went with Poultry Palace!

The wait left a lot to be desired. Disneyland is just really not efficient when it comes to QS and piping out a million orders after a million orders since everything is more "freshly" made and I was hitting that hour on this day. I still got my meal, but it was a wait longer than expected. Not to mention, people need to order a bit less of this stuff, there is enough in one box for a family.

With my drumstick in hand, I decided to go scouting for a spot for Paint the Night. I think today I sat near Golden Zephyr. I was mostly unbothered by anyone on this night and got to enjoy my drumstick in peace and quiet. Eventually, uneventfully so, the parade began as it always does.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Ugh, I could never tire of Paint, I miss her so. One day I'll see her again.

After Paint, I headed on over to Disneyland per usual. I don't exactly remember what happened after I watched Paint. I think I mostly wandered, road the usual rides and such. Nothing special. At some point, I think I rode Pirates and came across my favorite moment in Fantasmic... or one of them. I don't know I just love a pirate ship:

Then, at some point I stumbled upon Pixie Hollow at night and decided to photoshoot my way through there.

Click to watch!

After that, I also wanted to see what the new Pixar Pals Dance Party was about. I ended up visiting this quite often but tonight I wasn't too invested since only the Green Army Men were out dancing. I would've rather a recognizable Pixar friend but they were having fun as well as the guests so no need to intervene.

Click to watch!

I decided to head out after that, but not before saying my goodnight to an extra special pup...

As soon as I got to Town Square, I ended up upon this...

Click to watch!

Obviously I hopped in line for my puppy and was soon greeted by this...

Click to watch!

Obviously the best goodnight kisses ever. Magic Kingdom, who?

Anyways, it was outies for me and I headed to the bus. The bus came in no time and look what happened?

Click to watch!

Nope, was not inexplicably killed by the bus driver on the way back. I made it home safely and soon passed out after a long day. We love a day-after Fourth of July celebration and good night's sleep. Another magical Disney day soon around the corner. Stay tuned!

Continue Here

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!