-It Takes People To Make The Dream A Reality- DCP Summer 2018 Highlights Trip Report! (COMPLETE 6/6!)

Awww, so precious :) These pics are adorable, AND is that a Peter Pan hat you're wearing?! I just spotted the feather in the pic where you're hugging him.

It is! It's my Peter's shadow beanie. I have a regular Peter beanie where it's green and the feather is red. Love wearing them :goodvibes

...and knock small children down if necessary.

*gasp* I would never.

;)

What a great start to your day!! Love the PP pics! And your time on the Riverboat sounds so peaceful. And YAY for meeting a penguin- so cute!

It was! And thank you! It was very peaceful on the Mark Twain. :goodvibes

It is! It's my Peter's shadow beanie. I have a regular Peter beanie where it's green and the feather is red. Love wearing them :goodvibes
It's SO cute!!! I love wearing Disney accessories that are subtle to the non-Disney onlooker :) (in addition to my regular over the top Disney items in regular rotation!)

*gasp* I would never.

;)
Right...I mean...neither would I :angel:

Hey man great pics.

I have not been to DLR yet. Are characters much more 'user friendly' than in WDW? The Mad Hatter is one of my favorite characters and its nice to see these characters out and about.

It seems like you have some really great character interactions that isn't so structured and restricted as World.

Cool meeting the penguins!

Hey man great pics.

Thank you!

I have not been to DLR yet. Are characters much more 'user friendly' than in WDW? The Mad Hatter is one of my favorite characters and its nice to see these characters out and about.

It seems like you have some really great character interactions that isn't so structured and restricted as World.

I'm not sure "user friendly" is the term I would use. More approachable and conversational I would say. It feels like they belong in the park and aren't put out for show so it's much easier to just stumble into interactions in a way if that makes sense. Mad Hatter is a great example. He very much will go up to whoever and start making real kooky conversation.

You should definitely go to DLR asap if you're a fan of him. He practically rules Fantasyland over in DL.

63 Years And No Signs Of Stopping
7/17/18: Disneyland's 63rd Birthday

If you know me, you know exactly where I was ending up with my search for some quick nourishment...

You can't go wrong with a Mint Julep and some bite-sized beignets. Bless you Ralph Brennan's.

I ate those as I wandered through the short stretch of walk that is Downtown Disney essentially since everything was now officially under construction. We been knew, but I just felt I needed to reinforce that fact. Whatever, I went immediately back on in to Disneyland. I decided that this would be a good time with the park getting busy to go backstage and find the special photo op. The name of the area sounded like somewhere behind the Plaza Inn so I went looking in that direction. Lucky for me I was correct in where I thought it was. No one was around so the PP was more than happy to get a few good photos. They also had a prop table so I got to pick a proper accompaniment for the photo.

Perfect. I'd take plenty more later at other spots. When I left backstage to go be on-stage where the real fun was happening, I got a text from my friends saying they were in the park and wanted to meet. I asked where they were and they said by the Matterhorn. When I got over to that area, they had hopped in line for Mary, Bert AND THE PENGUIN. Wow, triple threat. I asked if I could join and they were more than happy to let that happen.

While we waited, some crazy hilarious shenanigans were going down with some classic Fantasyland friends...

Click to watch!

I don't recall exactly what happened but it was pretty hilarious. I know the Hatter was running up and down the line screaming about nonsense. Only in Disneyland could this ever happen.

Eventually, it was our turn for a jolly holiday with the iconic threesome.

Nothing really happened when we met them. We kinda walked up, took the photo and left. No clue Bert had made that face in the first photo so that was pretty funny when looking back at my phone. Good times.

I stayed with them for a moment, going back to Main Street to the Emporium since they all soon were heading off to work. I had a bit more time since my shifts ended later in the evenings as I generally requested. I said goodbye at the Emporium and realized that Aurora's next set was coming up soon at the Small World mall so I headed over there. When I got there, Peter Pan and Hook were out playing their usual games. I decided to stand around and watch them until Aurora arrived.

Click to watch!

This was actually the first time I'd seen them play Simon Says. Made me want to join in. One day I just might.

However, I was really hoping to see Aurora who after Peter and Hook decided to carry their game elsewhere, she came to visit finally and after she wandered with her crowd in tow, I got about midway through the line. While in line, I asked a girl to take photos of me with Aurora which she happily agreed to, no photos in return. Big shocker there. She did however leave selfies on my phone that I've since deleted, but that was funny.

Aurora was a sweetie and very happy to see me. We talked about the park's anniversary and how her castle existed before her story. Fun fact for y'all: Sleeping Beauty Castle actually was built prior to the film's released as a way to promote it. Who knew what was thought of as a cute promotion became the icon of Disney parks worldwide? It's amazing what happens over time with super original ideas.

After that, we decided to take a photo. I asked for a unique one and she came up with the cutest idea.

This is one of my fave photos ever. We look so cute. I couldn't have asked for a better photo celebrating the anniversary of my queen's home.

She asked after where I was going next and I said I was heading to work soon so I was slowly making my way out to the front. She never knew I had worked in the park so I told her where I worked and about the DCP and such. She said to make sure to visit whenever I could and I said I would. We hugged and I went on my way.

I realized after Aurora, I hadn't really ridden any rides today. My fave, the Matterhorn, was nearby so I went over there and hopped in the single rider line. Single rider was fairly short and eventually I was flying through the Yeti's fortress... Tomorrowland side (pretty sure).

Click to watch!

It was now getting really close to my time to clock in so back to Main Street it was. Lucky for me, I hadn't celebrated the day with my boy Pluto. I had to go see him and celebrate the 63rd! Good thing I got there when I did though.

Click to watch!

STAY AWAY FROM MY PUPPY PRINCE, CRUELLA. NO ME GUSTA.

I assured him of how I'd protect him while we were meeting too. It wasn't just that though. We obviously were celebrating BIG TIME.

Awww, my puppy always makes me the happiest. Can't believe he's older than the park, he sure is just as young and youthful as both remain.

I went from him into Great Moments to see what was happening in there and right as I walked in, came Mickey and Minnie! The boss man and his first lady. The real icons of the day. Obviously, I was gonna say hi. Mickey was my first order of business.

He was very excited seeing me and gave me such a big tight hug. We didn't converse too much. Obviously a little celebration and then the hugging photo. The one hugging photo I have with Mick. One of my faves.

From Mickey, I went to Minnie looking fabulous as ever. She is the style icon of Disneyland after all.

It was so much fun with her. I mean, you know you gotta have more fun with your boss's boss *wink wink* We were gagging on how old the park was and that she and Mickey were old. She then pretended to walk like an old lady. It killed me as you can tell in the aftermath photo. She was such a sweetie and I was so glad to get these special moments with her and Mickey on such a special day for them.

Little did I know what I would run into happening in the street outside. I'm sure some of you skip these videos I post but I HIGHLY suggest watching these...

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

The cutest funniest thing ever. I wasn't going to be able to watch the special anniversary parade with 63 characters but this was pretty great. A memory I'd walk away with more than the parade.

It was then nearing time to leave so I decided to go get my photo with one of the 63rd signs in the park and what better place than right at the beginning of Main Street.

Had to throw in a Disney point, of course.

It was now time to leave. When I initially went backstage to leave, I saw Cindy coming out on her lonesome to Main Gate so I went to see her but she was only telling a story and my phone died so yeah... my time to go backstage. Unfortunately, going back, I was stopped by security who made me go the other way through the bag check even if I didn't have one. Whatevs, safety and security are safety and security. It was off to work time, but some days... work and fun go hand-in-hand.

Continue Here

Last edited:
Loving all the character fun today :) Awesome that they do a parade of 63 characters. THAT would be something to see for sure! I think it's so nice that they put up special photo ops for the CMs. Is this something they do at WDW, too? Or is it just another one of those magical things just for DL?

Adorable pics with Pluto, Mickey & Minnie! What a fun day celebrating the 63rd!

Thank you! It really was. :goodvibes

Loving all the character fun today :) Awesome that they do a parade of 63 characters. THAT would be something to see for sure! I think it's so nice that they put up special photo ops for the CMs. Is this something they do at WDW, too? Or is it just another one of those magical things just for DL?

So much going on for Disneyland's b-day. Wish I had been around to see more. And yes, they do! I was there for the 45th of MK and they had a DJ in the Magic Kingdom tunnels as well as a photo op. I've also seen it recently that they've even had characters down there in special outfits for special occasions so they might do it better lol

After that, we decided to take a photo. I asked for a unique one and she came up with the cutest idea.

I love this photo so much!!

Your character appreciation sparks so much joy :lovestruc

WDW is always going to be my favorite set of parks, my Disney "home", but I feel like Disneyland just really puts more into special occasions. I've always assumed it's b/c there are so many local repeat visitors, kind of like a love letter to their loyal fans, but whatever it is, it always makes me jealous that I'm not there, LOL

We were there during the 60th celebration, and every year I want to go back more and more

I love this photo so much!!

Thank you so much! It's one of my faves too. :goodvibes

Your character appreciation sparks so much joy :lovestruc

giphy.gif

WDW is always going to be my favorite set of parks, my Disney "home", but I feel like Disneyland just really puts more into special occasions. I've always assumed it's b/c there are so many local repeat visitors, kind of like a love letter to their loyal fans, but whatever it is, it always makes me jealous that I'm not there, LOL

I would say same, but I think Disneyland stole my heart this summer. It not only felt like a home but I had a family there which WDW kinda lacks for me. There's still many people I love there, but I didn't feel the constant support I felt at Disneyland as a guest, a cast member and just among friends. Anyways, yes, they definitely do the most to kinda give back to the locals, hence why they have so many holiday overlays and have these incredibly themed After Hours events. It gives me more reason to go back most days than WDW.

We were there during the 60th celebration, and every year I want to go back more and more

Ugh I'm jealous. I still wish I was there for that but at least I got a taste of it with Paint the Night and the festivities they had for the 63rd, which is so insignificant a birthday so I can only imagine what Disneyland does for its cast members on MAJOR birthdays.

Wonderful meet and greet photos!! Pluto....best ever!

Wow, seeing the 63rd Celebration sure brings back memories. Not sure but the celebrations I remember are the opening, 10 year, 20 year,30 year etc. I was there every year for the first 30 then things dropped off :(.
How's the Internship possibility coming along?

Not long until you go to one or the other though.

Wonderful meet and greet photos!! Pluto....best ever!

Look who's here! Thank you! And yes, Pluto love forever.

Wow, seeing the 63rd Celebration sure brings back memories. Not sure but the celebrations I remember are the opening, 10 year, 20 year,30 year etc. I was there every year for the first 30 then things dropped off :(

That's amazing though you got to experience all of those. I would've loved to have been around for any of those. Especially the 30th. 80s Disneyland seemed like A TIME.

How's the Internship possibility coming along?

Not long until you go to one or the other though.

It's all waiting at the moment, but by next week I should hear whether or not I got it. And like you said, either way I'm going home. :teeth:

Sorry I've not been around much, I read but don't ever find time to respond. The practice has been bought out several times and I'm now working for 3 or 4 companies within 1. It's total insanity.
I really think my favorite time was the 60's and early 70's. Haunted Mansion, Pirates....Yes I've seen a lot of changes over 64 (almost) years.....amazing place and full of memories.

I truly hope you get the Internship if that's what you want. You'll be great whatever you direction you go. (WDW, though you can go to HHN at Universal, know how much you love Halloween)

Sorry I've not been around much, I read but don't ever find time to respond. The practice has been bought out several times and I'm now working for 3 or 4 companies within 1. It's total insanity.

Lol it's ok, I'm not mad. More excited to see a long-time TR friend. And wow, that does sound crazy. Sending pixie dust and relaxing vibes.

I really think my favorite time was the 60's and early 70's. Haunted Mansion, Pirates....Yes I've seen a lot of changes over 64 (almost) years.....amazing place and full of memories.

I would've LOVED to have been around to see those open. What a time it must've been. I can't wait to have my own 64 years worth of memories :goodvibes

I truly hope you get the Internship if that's what you want. You'll be great whatever you direction you go. (WDW, though you can go to HHN at Universal, know how much you love Halloween)

Thank you so much! Means a lot. And yeah, exactly. Whatever happens, I'll be on the right track (and yes HHN is such a plus in FL). :thumbsup2

Happy Birthday and Goodnight Disneyland!
7/17/18: Disneyland's 63rd Birthday

It was a pretty fabulous day to be a CM on the 63rd. After I clocked in at Hollywood, I was given a meal ticket for Habit Burgers! Free food!

There also was a little celebration going on by where they had the Habit truck. Lots of free Mickey bars and other frozen treats backstage. But ugh, best lunch ever.

Have to say though, awkwardly running across Hollywood to get back to the Custodial locker to eat. I was in restrooms so I'd have preferred clocking back in right at the restroom I left off at so that was the best way to do so. A bit awkward not being a guest holding food while working. Luckily I wasn't the only one and I'm good at being inconspicuous.

Other than that, it wasn't any spectacular day. I was just in a very good mood and really made time for fun in the night like watching Paint the Night when it came by because I was perfectly caught up on restrooms and wouldn't be behind as possible. Once I had closed up though and was ready to head out, I didn't just peace out and head home, NOPE. The night was young. I had the next day off. I needed some nighttime Disneyland fun.

I waited by the white gate entrance and see who came out. I was hoping maybe Goofy or Donald if I got lucky when the biggest surprise and best surprise of the day strutted on out.

Click to watch!

You know I love me some Miss Daisy. Nobody does it like she does and she's the latest meme queen of Disneyland so of course I had to say hello to her. And yes, it was ICONIC.

We were having so much fun gagging over our looks, but mostly Daisy's that we did a quick twirl together and my wig aka my cap was actually snatched. Thank goodness I knew it was coming off and grabbed it before it could hit the ground. Great moment and everyone in line including the host was stunned by all of it.

Of course, we ended our little celebration with the cutest posed photo, a pose I've done many times over but honestly, with Daisy, never looked better.

With a kiss blown goodbye...

I went to go see my puppy prince who had come out right after Daisy. Little did I know he'd be even happier to see me at night than during the day.

Click to watch!

I was essentially in tears after this. He was being so cute and almost seemed like he didn't want me to leave. Like I felt bad. What a way to break an already emotional overly happy individual by being the sweetest thing. And yeah I know the vid is kinda weird and awful but ugh it was such a sweet moment. It would've been nice to have third person vids but omg it's so organic and shows how magical Disney can be even for the most experienced visitor like myself.

After Pluto, I realized I hadn't rode many rides that day and that I should end the night on a proper note. Of course, I only had ten minutes so I booked into Fantasyland thinking of what to ride. I recalled seeing Jingles on the Carousel one of the other days (she rotates out most of the time) so I thought I'd check tonight. When I got over there, there was no line and after the ride went past, I saw Jingles.

Click to BOOMERANG!

Unfortunately, people began filing in behind me so it was gonna be hard, but I was poised and ready even with a ton of cranky up-too-late toddlers and their even crankier parents.

And poised enough I was.

Click to watch!

The emotions. They were real. It was such a perfect and magical day. I couldn't handle it. It was so overwhelming. I felt so blessed and then to end it by riding Jingles for the first time on an opening day attraction. Wow. The day could not get better.

I headed out of Disneyland with my head held high and pixie dust in my heart.

Click to watch!

Thank you Disneyland, you special quaint little corner of the world that will have no equal. You are the place that without I wouldn't have found my place or truly have found the will to spread happiness in the way I hope to for the rest of my life. Happy 63rd and soon-to-be 64th and goodnight Disneyland!

:tinker:

Continue Here

Last edited:
What an awesome day! So many fun character interactions! The carousel is my favorite, and I love the ride it last thing at night. Jingles is the best. I got to ride her when she was all schnazzy with the 50th anniversary paint, and I was in heaven!
Fbwblzh.jpg

What an awesome day! So many fun character interactions! The carousel is my favorite, and I love the ride it last thing at night. Jingles is the best. I got to ride her when she was all schnazzy with the 50th anniversary paint, and I was in heaven!
Fbwblzh.jpg

It was and yes, it's so magical riding the carousel at the end of the night. Makes me feel like Mickey and Minnie at the end of the Disneyland Sing-A-Long video where they're walking across the drawbridge towards Fantasyland with the carousel still going in the background. And omg that's awesome! I never knew she got a special paint job for the 50th, WOW.

'Twas The Day After (And The Celebration Continued)
7/18/18: Walt's Apartment Part Deux & More

'Twas the day after and throughout all the park, the celebrations hadn't quite quieted down. I however was letting myself sleep off the past few days. I was spending A LOT of time in the parks and needed the rest. Only one can be a part of the magic with enough energy to do so so it was a sleeping in day and it felt great, which was perfect considering today was just as special as the prior day.

As I previously mentioned, the whole week Disneyland was celebrating the anniversary with all these special events for CMs. The photo ops backstage, the Incredicoaster night, Habit Burger trucks, etc. Well, there was another even BIGGER event happening that I already took advantage of as a CP but was doing again and that was...

:jumping1: GOING INTO WALT'S APARTMENT AGAIN!! :jumping1:

Yup, I was going back up. The whole week they were offering CMs one appointment to go up so I snatched up a ticket as quick as I could. They mentioned this during the CP tour and said this would be the time to get a picture of JUST YOURSELF. I was all about that and today was the day it would happen. Could not be more excited! TWO TIMES IN WALT'S APARTMENT.

giphy.gif

Lol that gif looks more like scandalous than amazement but whatevs.

However, I had a minute before the tour even after getting to the park late so nourishment was first in order and I, of course, had to go to the best spot.

And then as a bonus, this weird selfie.

It sensed my eyes beneath my sunglasses. WOW.

ANYWAYS, I'm always gagged by Ralph Brennan's. CM discount with food that's already cheaper than what you can get at Disneyland's New Orleans Square... SOLD. Hits the spot every time. Also, if you didn't finish, the Express always served it to you in a fashion that made it travel friendly. If you've been to Disneyland and never stopped here once, I HIGHLY recommend. And will recommend over and over again.

Anyways, after finishing that, I made my way out of DTD, passing through World of Disney.

Thank goodness my first CP beat my obsession with tsum tsums or I would've bought that whole shelf against my better judgement. Those Duffy medium tsums are calling me though.

Going against Tradition, I hopped over to DCA first. I don't have a lot of photos to remember this experience but I believe the rumor had started that Loki, Gamora, Thor and Black Widow were being phased out so I went to go see if I could catch Loki because he's the most important. No such luck though I however came upon this.

Throwback to pre-Up wall days. And I still die over how they tried to hide it all behind some hedges. Oh Disney.

I think from here, I went over to the Incredicoaster to see if they had any FPs that wouldn't conflict with my appointment at Walt's apartment and unfortunately no such luck. So I decided that I would head over to Disneyland see what was going on there then head back later to catch the proper FP time.

And what did I preoccupy myself with at Disneyland?

DUCKLINGS!

Click to watch!

Apparently that was it for me then I went back over to DCA and snagged myself one of these.

And took the chance for my single rider action.

Do I actually deserve rights after that photo?

After I got off, I decided to get some more quick nourishment in the form of a cookie from Jack-Jack's cookies? I mean, I deserved it after chasing him for like five minutes.

I'd already had a sample of the Cookie Num-Num at the special CM thing at Harbor Pointe so I went for the cheaper shortbread offering.

Not much to say on it, but it is a good quality cookie. Like doesn't feel too processed, it's just not as gooey and insane to look at as the Cookie Num-Num. I still enjoyed it. We love a cheaper cookie.

Near swallowing that whole, I went back over to Disneyland once more since it was almost time for my appointment in the apartment. I hung out in Great Moments for a minute before crossing over to the Fire House to go back stage where I came upon A LINE.

Yeah, A LINE.

I totally thought that we'd just be led right up into the apartment the minute we got there but they only were letting us in in small groups and they had to make sure there weren't too many up there to send in another group thus the line. However we were handed this by a cute upper management looking CM (all good things hehe)

Peep my blue ID lmao

And luckily it was all CMs (duh!) so we all just fell in line and talked with one another to pass the time. It was pretty standard CM talk going on about our history with the company. One of the CMs I was talking with who had just gotten off her shift on Main Street mentioned about how her daughter worked for the company at DCA in Entertainment. She was very proud of that. I mentioned that I previously had worked in the Florida parks which had them all gagged, asking me about the Utilidors and such. It was fun talking about that with those who understand Disney on that CM-only level.

We talked so long, it eventually became our time to go up. Everyone was freaking out as for most this was their first time unlike me who was up a week before. However, it was still cool just being able to wander casually and ask questions of all the plaids that were up there. Nicer that way imo I also got the jump on the photo.

I didn't spend much time in the apartment because they also had THE ROOFTOP PATIO OPENED! I didn't get to see that on my last tour. It was so pretty and cool, especially knowing that it existed above Main Street and you could really get an interesting view of Main Street. I awkwardly and slowly made my way through. Oh, if I only could live up there. However, I had to leave and went back out around and down to the Firehouse gate and went back out onto Main Street.

What to do next? Like, WHAT DO I DO NEXT NOW?!

Continue Here

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!