It Takes Two, Baby; a 2017 Flower and Garden dining report *NEW dining report!*

Except this was better than Santa because I hit the character training jackpot again as the big barn-like doors opened to the left of the Liberty Inn:
Girl, you have the character training touch! I am super envious because we never saw it. Of course, it was raining during part of our time in WS and I forgot to drag my feet the other times we went by the potential spots!

Here's the best though-keep my shirt in mind:

So awesome!

Timing couldn't have been more perfect! For those of you who are jealous that I hit that training on almost every trip, I'll tell you now that we did not come across it last week. And we slow-walked by the gates a number of times, so I'll have to try again in August!
Hmm...losing your touch?? After I just praised you, too. LOL

I have a few pictures but I'll just post this one because it's supposedly a new flavor and it sounds interesting to me:

I like a good cup of tea. I'll have to look for it.

I had no choice but to get one final La Vien Rose:

Well, of course you did!

I ate a good amount of it because we weren't going to be eating until we were at the airport and I wasn't sure exactly what that would be, but my face looked like this while I ate it :sad2: Not the way I wanted to end the trip food-wise, with so many yummy snacks surrounding me!
Ugh, sorry you had a brain fart...haha. Seriously though...subconsciously you knew you would be back and would get more chances at more snack goodness!

On the way up to the lobby I noticed this for the first time during the trip; I'm sure it was there the whole time but apparently I'd been clueless:

Renee @ArielSRL will be checking in there tomorrow, can't wait to hear how much she LOVES it :goodvibes
LOVED IT!!!! As I mentioned on my PTR, we are looking to buy a resale DVC contract here now. And I had in my mind that I wanted to try for BCV or BWV next trip but the more I think about it, I really want to experience WL as our home resort, with all the construction walls down...so....I may wait til 2020 for BCV or BWV. Might work out anyway because while I think Toy Story Land will be done by our 2019 trip, I don't Star Wars Land will be. But that means I will have to rethink dining as I planned it based on staying at an Epcot resort. But thats 718 days away and this is your report...so I'll quit while I'm ahead....lol.

Luckily they do sell it in a specialty beer store by us but not the regular liquor store. I think someone on here got it in Canada - maybe @fallonkendra? But I think your best bet is definitely a trip to Epcot ;)

@Terra Nova guy - I was able to find it in Canada! I haven't looked very hard at the liquor store closest to our house, but we were at this specialty beer store in Edmonton a few weeks back which carries pretty much everything, and we were able to find it in both glass bottles and tall-boy cans!

Don't forget you now have more adult beverage choices at the resort, which is never a bad thing.
I'm telling you now...the Cascadia Sangria was one of my favorite drinks on property. Get one...or a few like I did...next trip!

Steve couldn't handle the thought of a 6 month WDW break!
Even though I was successful at making my DH a lifelong fan, he isn't to this caliber yet...so I'm still envious! If we get a chance to take an adults-only trip...I may make him a completely changed man though!

You'll notice my freaky eyes which are a staple in my selfie attempts:

Your eyes are not freaky looking! Its a great selfie! Way better than I usually do.

We'd also never stayed at AKV before just AKL. I took lots of pictures of our room, which was nice and on the 4th floor, but didn't have any type of animal view.
Yeh, um no. The two cool thngs about this resort would be a savanna view and the cool pool. Regardless, while my DH LOVED Sanaa, he said the same thing I have been thinking when I broached the conversation about a stay there...too far out. So its way down the list.

We did have a nice view of the bus stop:

:rotfl2:

Instead we had plans to go to dinner at Boma and had a 7:40 reservation.
I loved Boma but now that we have done Sanaa and Chad named it as one of his favorites that we have to revisit, it might be awhile for us and Boma.

One item in particular caught my eye:

See they were out on my 2016 trip at SSR and we didn't run across any at WL. I'm assuming it would have been at the now-closed pool bar had it been open, and they may well have had it at the Geyser Point QS window but we only ordered from the bar or the tables so we got cocktails (the above mentioned Cascadia Sangria for me!).

I got the Smoked Turkey: Wild Turkey 101 Bourbon, Red Stag Black Cherry Bourbon, Grenadine, and Odwalla Lemonade with a hint of Hickory Smoke garnished with Luxardo Gourmet Maraschino Cherries

Chad got this at Sanaa and enjoyed it.

the Mulligatawny: Indian flavored Apple, Rice, and Chicken soup

Sounds very interesting in a good way!

Would it make it any less weird if in those dreams Johnny Depp was serving it to me naked?
:rotfl:

Oh and for any of you youngsters who only think of Pirates when you think of Johnny, check out the original Nightmare on Elm Street, What's Eating Gilbert Grape and 21 Jump Street, the series NOT THE MOVIE!!
Exactly this. Oh but I'm not a youngster so you weren't talking to me...lol. I so loved 21 Jump Street (the show).

Steve's first plate: mashed potatoes, green beans, Nut-Encrusted Salmon, Durban-style Roasted Chicken

I'm pretty sure he feels these mashed potatoes are the best he's ever had on property. He also loved the salmon and needed to run up and check what exactly was on it because it was so good and he hadn't looked at the sign when taking it, he just loves salmon so figured he'd like it. Other than "Nut-Encrusted" it didn't give a description but he didn't care. He also loved the Durban Chicken and even the beans which had some type of lightly spiced flavor to them.
All of this looks and sounds wonderful to me.

a Watermelon Margarita

I will take a good flavored margarita any day of the week!

Steve's plate: starting with the Zebra Dome and going clockwise, you have an Oreo Cheesecake Tart, Kenyan Coffee Tart, Cape Dutch Malva Pudding and a Guava Panna Cotta

Mouth is watering!

I keep attempting to like bread pudding but I just can't become a fan, even of the 'Ohana one.
Agreed on bread pudding. You may be glad (or not...lol) to know I tried several cinnamon-sugar type things at Disney and pretty much loved them all, even though I am not a cinnamon fan. I did not, however, try anything with coconut. LOL

Last edited:
With the new opening procedure they no longer let people doing tours in any earlier than park guests, since everyone is let in just shy of 8 anyway and that's the earliest tour time. So I seriously gave those CM's some of my attitude (which I didn't really bring across here to you guys but believe me, it came across to them) for no reason. I felt like a reject as I walked in with everyone else at 8. I'm not as special as I thought I was!
Don't beat yourself up too much...you didn't know...and the tour info as well as the check in CM had said 7:45!

Anyhoo we were there in time, checked in along with everyone taking any tour that morning, and got our name tags which I love:

Love this!

when it was over I could barely stand to go another minute without food and was going to just lay on the ground until Steve brought me a meal,
:rotfl2:

I managed to stay alive
:lmao:

But how cool is that bottle???? They also had Coke Zero that said Space Mountain and regular Coke that said Main St. I'm hoping they still have them in August because I wanted to bring this home but forgot and threw it out.
Ya know, I knew about these before going and forgot to get any. Ugh...just one more thing I forgot..and I feel like I forgot a lot of things!

Sugar Cane Shrimp Skewer: with steamed rice and coconut lime sauce

Still saying yum about this!

And that my friends is " a double order of shrimp, please, I'll pay whatever". Whatever ended up being nothing as they were more than happy to give him extra and he was like a kid in a sugar cane candy store with his double order!
Nice!

Tart a l'Onion Alsacienne: Alsatian onion tart with sauteed onions, fresh thyme, and rosemary on a flaky puff pastry

Followed by the ever delicious
Macaron Chocolat Framboise: Large raspberry macaron with chocolate fudge and raspberry jam (aka perfection)

and to wash it down,
La Vie en Rose Frozen Slush: Grey Goose l'Orange, St-Germain liqueur, white and red cranberry juice

All of this...yum, yum, yum!

Before I get to that, here's the proof you all need that the meet happened:

Yay!! So envious of you both!

Frushi: Fresh pineapple, strawberry, and melon rolled with coconut-raspberry rice, sprinkled with toasted coconut and whipped cream on the side:

I so want to try this but there they go with the coconut again. Geez!

And what's a stop in Germany without picking up a Shofferhofer grapefruit beer?

As you know from my FB photos, I tried this! And I liked it!!! I've seen them at our Kroger so I may have to grab some, though I think you know by now, I prefer wine when home.

he LOVES 7DMT more than a grown man should
:rotfl:
Though I shouldn't laugh. I'm actually jealous bc guess who did not get to ride 7DMT at all on this past trip???? Even though she had a FP for it.....:confused3

As I mentioned on my PTR, we are looking to buy a resale DVC contract here now. And I had in my mind that I wanted to try for BCV or BWV next trip but the more I think about it, I really want to experience WL as our home resort, with all the construction walls down.
That is so awesome! And to think, you were concerned DH wouldn't enjoy the trip :rolleyes: I hope it works out for you!

I'm telling you now...the Cascadia Sangria was one of my favorite drinks on property. Get one...or a few like I did...next trip!
I am most definitely trying this in August! I really don't doubt I'll enjoy it lol

Yeh, um no. The two cool thngs about this resort would be a savanna view and the cool pool. Regardless, while my DH LOVED Sanaa, he said the same thing I have been thinking when I broached the conversation about a stay there...too far out. So its way down the list.
I still think it's a beautiful resort and I'd stay there again, but we definitely felt the location more this time than last. Not even sure why except maybe Steve complained more????
Agreed on bread pudding. You may be glad (or not...lol) to know I tried several cinnamon-sugar type things at Disney and pretty much loved them all, even though I am not a cinnamon fan. I did not, however, try anything with coconut. LOL
I think you and I are the only ones around these parts who don't like bread pudding! Glad you ventured out of your comfort zone with the cinnamon and found things you enjoyed, can't wait to hear what they were!

As you know from my FB photos, I tried this! And I liked it!!! I've seen them at our Kroger so I may have to grab some, though I think you know by now, I prefer wine when home.
Cool, it's not in any of our grocery stores! Just the specialty beer stores, but at least we have it

I finally caught up, I really enjoy reading your reports!!
:thanks: for the nice compliment :) Going to try getting another update done as soon as I take care of the stupid picture issue.......

Hi guys, I talked about this over on my PTR but as you can probably tell, Photobucket is being lame and none of my pictures are showing up now. I have to try another site and as soon as I get that done I'll have my next update. Thanks for waiting patiently!

I'm bummed your pics aren't showing up on either thread.
Me waiting for an update.
giphy.gif

I'm back! And hopefully with some pictures! I've tried Imgur and flickr, can't get them to work. I ended up paying for Photobucket; last night my new pictures loaded fine and showed up but now they're gone again so no idea what's going on there. Finally decided to just use the upload file button down below but the problem is that many of my pictures are too large. I'm going to keep trying stupid Imgur but in the meantime hoping this works ok. I'm also trying to do this quick so I didn't edit any pictures, sorry! I even tried google photo at the suggestion of @chunkymonkey but I couldn't figure it out because, well, computer moron here. I will say if I post this and the pictures don't show up like they are while I'm typing, heads are gonna roll, baby.
Before I get on with the report I'm going to give you a quick rundown of my weekend. Chris, my mother and I went to Maryland to meet my sister and her 3 boys who were coming up from Georgia for a lacrosse tournament my 2 oldest nephew's were playing in. We were in Rockville, MD which isn't that far from D.C. Unfortunately we didn't get into D.C because there were so may games spread out over each day and I didn't want to go in without all of them, but Chris and I DID get to meet up with a couple special ladies for lunch on Sunday:

IMG_6320.JPG

IMG_6319.JPG

If you don't know who that is you're obviously new to dining reports here on the Dis, but I'll clue you in anyway: it's Kari @kastoney and her adorable daughter Casey! They were nice enough to drive about 30 minutes out of their way and it was awesome to see them again. Only Steve and I met them last year so this was their first encounter with Chris and I probably didn't do his attitude justice prior to the meeting. He said about 20 words during lunch, disagreed with everything I said and told me I was wrong about 5x ::yes:: That's my boy! So thank you Kari and Casey, I'm so very glad we got together :hug:

DAY 1 PART 3
DISMEET #2, DOGS ON THE LAWN AND HERE COME THE JUGS!

Now when I left off ages ago with this dining report we'd been lucky enough to meet up with Su-Lynn and her DH Steve over at Epcot and were now moving to MK to try and make the tail end of our 7DMT FP window, which we did. We rode a couple more rides including an attempt at POTC which went down while we were in line. Scored an anytime FP for that to be used when it came back up which was cool. During our time in MK I was texting with @MeghanEmily. We'd hoped to meet up in Epcot but since my 55 year old husband NEEDED 7DMT and we'd left, it looked like we'd miss each other as her and her fiance Nathan were on the monorail, heading in that direction. Well, this sweet girl switched up here plans and they got off at MK instead so we could meet! And Steve and I are so happy they did because both Meghan and Nathan are genuinely sweet, friendly, fun people and we were able to enjoy a bit of time with them:

IMG_6183.JPG

IMG_6185.JPG

We met up at Pirates and walked over to Tomorrowland for some laugh factory fun and took a ride on the PeopleMover, where I finally got to see inside Space Mountain with the lights on!! It's the little things guys. Scroll by quickly if you don't want to see the track you ride on:

IMG_5881.JPG

Then we walked out of Tomorrowland and took the pictures I posted; Meghan and Nathan headed out of the park while Steve and I hung around some more. I'm super bummed that since switching our Aug. dates we'll no longer be down there when Meghan and Nathan get married - IN DISNEY - but it makes it a bit better that we at least have met already.
It was just about 3:00 and started to rain; we were shopping on Main St. and caught the Rainy Day Cavalcade:

IMG_6187.JPG

IMG_5896.JPG

They changed it up a bit since the last time we saw it; best change was adding Judy Hops and Nick Wilde to it!

Time passed and Su-Lynn @chunkymonkey and Steve came over to MK. We met them at Peco's Bills because we both needed to get something we'd seen on @Raeven's dining report:

IMG_5904.JPG

I LOVE THE JUGS!!! You know I take the jug out at home all the time! They had a FP for Pirates and since we had our anytime one, we all rode together. It was like being in the mall and running in to friends all day! Eventually though it was just Steve and I, and we hung around MK because my goal was to catch Happily Ever After at 9pm. At 8pm we were finally pretty hungry as we now hadn't eaten since our Brats at Epcot. We'd searched around 7 for any open dining but found nothing except Tony's so we passed - sorry Tony's fans. We settled on grabbing a spot on the HUB grass and getting some food from Casey's:

IMG_6190.JPG

I'm always down for some hot dog nuggets so these were just fine. Steve had fries which did nothing for him at all, but he didn't starve. We also had a great view of the show, and you do need a better view than you did for Wishes now that there's so many projections involved.

Once it was over we headed down Main St. Knowing we'd both be hungry when we got back to the resort and also knowing that unless we stopped off at Jambo to visit the Mara, the little tiny, tiny store at Kidani would be our only place to get a snack, we ran in to the Confectionary along with about 2/3 of the other guests on their way to the buses. We stood on line for approx. 20 minutes to get something out of the bakery case. Steve got some kind of cupcake and I'm not sure why I don't have a picture? Here's my pick:

IMG_6196.JPG

Sorry it's sideways! This is one of my favorite, basic snacks in the World, the big Mickey chocolate chip cookie with chocolate ears. It makes me :goodvibes Normally I eat part of it and save the rest for the next day, but since my dinner was on the light side I ate the whole thing. Because we all know calories don't count in Disney anyway, right?
Promise more food pics in the next update!

UP NEXT: DAY 2 PART 1
SANAA BREAKFAST MINUS ANIMAL FRIENDS

I probably didn't do his attitude justice prior to the meeting. He said about 20 words during lunch, disagreed with everything I said and told me I was wrong about 5x ::yes::

I already love this kid!

During our time in MK I was texting with @MeghanEmily. We'd hoped to meet up in Epcot but since my 55 year old husband NEEDED 7DMT and we'd left, it looked like we'd miss each other as her and her fiance Nathan were on the monorail, heading in that direction. Well, this sweet girl switched up here plans and they got off at MK instead so we could meet! And Steve and I are so happy they did because both Meghan and Nathan are genuinely sweet, friendly, fun people and we were able to enjoy a bit of time with them:

I've said it before, but I'm so glad we got the chance to meet you and Steve! Who knows how long Nathan and I would have sat on that stalled Epcot monorail anyway, so we were actually doing ourselves a huge favour in coming over to MK to meet. :)

They changed it up a bit since the last time we saw it; best change was adding Judy Hops and Nick Wilde to it!

Now I really wish I'd stayed and seen this!! I love Nick and Judy :lovestruc

This is one of my favorite, basic snacks in the World, the big Mickey chocolate chip cookie with chocolate ears. It makes me :goodvibes Normally I eat part of it and save the rest for the next day, but since my dinner was on the light side I ate the whole thing. Because we all know calories don't count in Disney anyway, right?

This looks delish! Excellent way to round out your healthy supper. I've definitely heard that about Disney calories! :)

Yay for your Disney meet this weekend! And all the meets in your update! Oh and the chocolate chip cookie! I did visit the Confectionary and got some cake pops and chocolate dipped strawberries but I didn't see the cookie. I wish I had! I never made it back there bc the line was always too long!

Oh and DH got a Country Bears jug, as well!

So cool that you were able to meet up with Kari! One day I will get up to you, I promise!! ;)

I kind of love the Rainy Day brigade. I know it's not the same, but I love that they don't just cancel it and just say sorry..

That was really nice that you were able to meet up with Kari and Casey. The two of you need to plan a trip that overlaps. :)

img_6320-jpg.247162

img_6319-jpg.247163

If you don't know who that is you're obviously new to dining reports here on the Dis, but I'll clue you in anyway: it's Kari @kastoney and her adorable daughter Casey! They were nice enough to drive about 30 minutes out of their way and it was awesome to see them again. Only Steve and I met them last year so this was their first encounter with Chris and I probably didn't do his attitude justice prior to the meeting. He said about 20 words during lunch, disagreed with everything I said and told me I was wrong about 5x ::yes:: That's my boy! So thank you Kari and Casey, I'm so very glad we got together :hug:

Aww I love the pictures of you guys and Kari and Casey! So cool you got to meet them again!

Love these pictures!! We'll be there when @MeghanEmily get married so I'll have to represent us DISboard ladies during our DISmeet :)

Time passed and Su-Lynn @chunkymonkey and Steve came over to MK. We met them at Peco's Bills because we both needed to get something we'd seen on @Raeven's dining report:

img_5904-jpg.247172

I LOVE THE JUGS!!! You know I take the jug out at home all the time! They had a FP for Pirates and since we had our anytime one, we all rode together. It was like being in the mall and running in to friends all day!

It was definitely like running into each other at the mall all weekend! It was so much fun. Them jugs are great!! I use mine as my water cup at work and it keeps me well hydrated!

img_6196-jpg.247175

Sorry it's sideways! This is one of my favorite, basic snacks in the World, the big Mickey chocolate chip cookie with chocolate ears. It makes me :goodvibes Normally I eat part of it and save the rest for the next day, but since my dinner was on the light side I ate the whole thing. Because we all know calories don't count in Disney anyway, right?

Ooh looks delicious. This will be on my radar for a sweet treat in August!

If you don't know who that is you're obviously new to dining reports here on the Dis, but I'll clue you in anyway: it's Kari @kastoney and her adorable daughter Casey!

Yay I'm so glad you got to see them! Now when do we get to meet? :scratchin

We'd hoped to meet up in Epcot but since my 55 year old husband NEEDED 7DMT

:rotfl: Sometimes we all need the mine train.

I finally got to see inside Space Mountain with the lights on!! It's the little things guys. Scroll by quickly if you don't want to see the track you ride on:

So scary :scared1:

We met them at Peco's Bills because we both needed to get something we'd seen on @Raeven's dining report:

:laughing: I started a Country Bear Jamboree jug trend.

We settled on grabbing a spot on the HUB grass and getting some food from Casey's:

I've heard Sleepy Hollow has hand dipped corn dogs now if that interests you. I've never actually had a corn dog or corn dog nuggets so I'm curious to try.

Chris and I DID get to meet up with a couple special ladies for lunch on Sunday:
Great to see you all meeting up. Nice that the kids were involved this time.

I finally got to see inside Space Mountain with the lights on!! It's the little things guys.
I've never seen it for myself but I've seen several pictures. It looks very strange. But I would be excited too.

I LOVE THE JUGS!!! You know I take the jug out at home all the time!
I don't think I've ever seen these. But I want one!

Awesome update! You're becoming the Queen of the Dismeets! That's awesome that you get to do so many :love:

That cookie looks super yummy! Makes me want one right now!

Hi guys, I talked about this over on my PTR but as you can probably tell, Photobucket is being lame and none of my pictures are showing up now. I have to try another site and as soon as I get that done I'll have my next update. Thanks for waiting patiently!

Geeze, it seems we're having the same issues, but mine is with sharing from my Google photos! So aggravating!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!