It was a sad day with the trailer today...

We did meet a couple while camping this weekend. Michigan plates, newish TT with Gold Wing in the back of the truck. They said they both retired 2 weeks ago and are heading to Arizona to spend the next 5 months. Can you say jealous?

j

I guess if you go to Arizona for the winter, you don't have to winterize? :confused3

I know the South Rim of the Grand Canyon gets snow and freezing temps but don't know about Phoenix, Tucson, and the southern part of the state.

I guess if you go to Arizona for the winter, you don't have to winterize? :confused3

I know the South Rim of the Grand Canyon gets snow and freezing temps but don't know about Phoenix, Tucson, and the southern part of the state.

I think Phoenix is a lot like Orlando. Their average lows are a bit lower in January (45 vs. 52), but the highs are into the 60's and the temps rarely drop below freezing (even when they do, it is for a very brief time). You could live in a reasonably insulated camper quite comfortably in the winter. We lose a number of our church members at this time of year - not to see them again until April! It's a retirement lifestyle that I find much more appealing than DW does! :crazy:

I guess if you go to Arizona for the winter, you don't have to winterize?
They said they were going to Apache Junction, outside Phoenix. Like Mickey Fan said, it doesn't get real cold and the mild cold doesn't last long. My dad lived there for a while and my cousin is out there.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!