It was to easy...

yasuern

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Okay this morning I booked a get away for DH and myself - no kids - no problems getting what I wanted (also booked DEC 2003 vaca) - Feeling lucky I decided to attempt to book an Illuminations cruise - and got it at 12p today for 3/27/03 - and when I posted it on the Illuminations board to look for other couples to share the cruise - I noticed mine was the 1st March post - now is there something I should know about WDW in March? I know there will be crowds - but is there something else - something really bad about WDW in March? Anyone ever gone the end of March - I would really like your insight.
Thanks
Paranoid in Salisbury
AKA
yasuern
AKA
sue

I know that during the month of March is a lot of college's spring break, but I think they are more in the beginning. I would think it would be a good time to go. anytime is a good time

I think March is very crowded.

But, use FP and EE and you will be fine:D

My boss and I were talking about this just today. She wants to go to Orlando the last week in March, the first week in April. We looked up the crowds on the internet and determined that that week is most likely right between Spring Break and April vacations, since Easter falls in late April this year.

I was there the first week in March last year and the crowds were NOT bad at all. I think you should be good to go!

Anniet - have you convinced your boss that she should join? Don't forget to give her your name for the referral!!! LOL!! Annmarie

Not trying to scare you, but we will NEVER go in March again. Their were spring breakers, high school music groups, cheerleaders, etc. EVERYWHERE. They were noisy and rude and screamed on every attraction whether it was scary or not.

I did not let it ruin my vacation and tried to make the best of it, but I vow to never go in March again.

Angie

We will be down there the last week of March... mostly on business, but when the business is done, we will hit the parks. Since we have AP's we aren't really worried about crowds or how long we actually stay. My priorities are eating at 50's Prime Time and riding ToT as many times as possible to hit as many different drop sequences as possible, so look for me in line there!;)

We have always gone in March and never had any problems
( knock on wood). We have gone the first, second, and third weeks of March and the crowds have never been horrible nor have we encountered obnoxious groups of cheerleaders or anything else. 2 yrs I actually took a group of girls down for a dance competition and even with that, we never had a problem with any of the groups and we were right in the midst of everything. We are going the first week of March this year and everything seems to be working out for us also. So far we have gotten every ps we wanted including Cindy's breakfast. Hopefully this luck continues.
Have a great time and if you were going a little earlier, we'd be interested in that illuminations cruise.:smooth:

yasuern-

We are going the week before you and just saw the March Illuminations thread last night. I have a feeling March will be crowded but managable. We went at Easter in 2000 and if we can survive that then we can handle anything. Even though the parks were packed we didn;t wait more than 20 minutes for anything. Can you say FASTPASS!

Just plan what you MUST do(anything over that will feel like a bonus!) and use Fastpass, EE and E-nights and you will be fine.

Thanks to everyone for all the input - since we are not bringing the kids this trip I think we will be OK - but it is good to get a heads up - THANKS AGAIN!:D

Hi Yasuern:
Didn't you go on a cruise in December? You must have really enjoyed it to be booking another one! :)

You'll love BWV...that's where we stayed in Dec.

And yes, we've been in late March and early March. Late March was much more crowded but the weather was beautiful.

Have a great trip!

Belle

BWV? No kids? Cool, be sure to have a romantic stroll & dinner at the Flying Fish! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter