It wasn't a DVC trip..

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
Those weekend points that I spent so freely in the past will not be spent this year for weekends, so we stayed for free at Sheraton's Safari (Sheraton Points for April 20 - 23rd)and it was great. Of course, no microwave and refrig, but it did have a balcony that faced the pool and foliage. For us a DVC studio is not "just like a hotel room" but this was good enough!

On Friday, the 20th, we went to Animal Kingdom Lodge, just to visit. We've only spent 2 nights ever there, and probably visited there 4-6 times over the year to shop or see the animals. We've never eaten at Boma or Jiko's, DH never thought the menus appealing. He's changed his mind, it was a wonderful visit, we saw lots of animals, talked to many visitors, CM's there and all in all were very pleased that we bought points there! Can't wait to call for a AKV stay!:goodvibes

As part of the Flower show, DVC has an exhibit, regarding the AKV, and it consists of wonderful topiaries. The headliner is Rafiki (help me?) holding up the lion cub Simba! We chatted with the DVC guide who was there, just had a general chat, not particularly informative. Since we had just visited AKL a few days before, when she held up the map of the area, it made more sense to DH and me.

DH says that VWL is and will always be his favorite, mine too, but both of us have absolutely no regrets about our AKV purchase, we are enthusiastic and looking forward to many happy stays there!!!

Bobbi:goodvibes

PS.:hippie: Flower Power Concert...The Turtles were great..went to 3 shows. The BoxTops were fine...they only had 2 hits, and their biggest, The Letter was the first song they ever recorded. Imagine that!

Sounds like a fun, productive trip.

About AKL. When we learned that DVC would be building there, we were not too excited. We have stayed there once, and I wasn't sure if I would want to stay there again.

We visited there last time we were at the world. We were not pressed for time, so just absorbed the atmosphere. We really enjoyed ourselves and look forward to staying there. We did not buy points, but I hope in a few years, after the dust has settled, we will be staying a few days!

Thanks for the report, Bobbi. :)

I think AKV is very similar in style and powerful theming to VWL, so it's not surprising to me that many VWL lovers also enjoy AKV. Even the architect is the same, I believe and the lobby is an obvious take off on WL.

I can't get DW interested in AKV but hopefully we'll stay there at some point in the future and she'll see the beauty and charm of that resort. We've visited and it just doesn't "speak to her soul", as Eliza might say. :)

On Friday, the 20th, we went to Animal Kingdom Lodge, just to visit. We've only spent 2 nights ever there, and probably visited there 4-6 times over the year to shop or see the animals. We've never eaten at Boma or Jiko's, DH never thought the menus appealing. He's changed his mind, it was a wonderful visit, we saw lots of animals, talked to many visitors, CM's there and all in all were very pleased that we bought points there! Can't wait to call for a AKV stay!:goodvibes

As part of the Flower show, DVC has an exhibit, regarding the AKV, and it consists of wonderful topiaries. The headliner is Rafiki (help me?) holding up the lion cub Simba! We chatted with the DVC guide who was there, just had a general chat, not particularly informative. Since we had just visited AKL a few days before, when she held up the map of the area, it made more sense to DH and me.

DH says that VWL is and will always be his favorite, mine too, but both of us have absolutely no regrets about our AKV purchase, we are enthusiastic and looking forward to many happy stays there!!!

PS.:hippie: Flower Power Concert...The Turtles were great..went to 3 shows. The BoxTops were fine...they only had 2 hits, and their biggest, The Letter was the first song they ever recorded. Imagine that![/QUOTE]

Bobbi, We saw the Turtles Friday night too, the 815 show. It was our first Flower Power concert and it was fun. We actually walked by at 8pm and got seats in the third row and by 815 it was full. We also saw the Lion King Topiaries and they were amazing....We did a small addon at AKV and we have no regrets either!

magicmommy I'm glad you enjoyed the concert too! And we too, found that getting seats this year did not require standing in a long line. We went to the second show on Friday, and the others on Saturday. We were wandering around the AKL in the afternoon from 3 until just before our 5:30 dinner reservation at Cape May Cafe at the BC.

The Flower and Garden leaflets aren't real easy to find, but I'm glad we did because we also went to one of Clyde Butcher's slide presentation. He's putting together a photograph book of National Parks, and showed some wonderful photographs. He was an interesting speaker as well. If anyone does go to the Flower Show, look for the special presenters!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter