Italy: Viva Italia Meets Thread

Yeah, just got my Ink Card thanks to your recommendation. I never realized they were 5x points. I'm not sure why I never knew that,but thanks so much for the info! Hahaha, save the other family members for an absolute need. Sounds like a great plan. I've considered trying to upgrade my Chase Sapphire to the new Chase Sapphire Reserve. 100,00 bonus points after 4k in spending in first three months. Not sure if they'll let me. You know how Chase has gotten with their cards lately. But, for 100,000 points, it can't hurt to check into it :-)

Yeah, just got my Ink Card thanks to your recommendation. I never realized they were 5x points. I'm not sure why I never knew that,but thanks so much for the info! Hahaha, save the other family members for an absolute need. Sounds like a great plan. I've considered trying to upgrade my Chase Sapphire to the new Chase Sapphire Reserve. 100,00 bonus points after 4k in spending in first three months. Not sure if they'll let me. You know how Chase has gotten with their cards lately. But, for 100,000 points, it can't hurt to check into it :-)

All office supply purchases will get you 5x on the Ink+. This is why we buy our Disney gift cards and other store gift cards that we need like Whole Foods at Staples or Office Depot, so we can get 5x on as much as we can.

To get the 100k bonus you would have to apply for the card. They won't do it for a product change. So long as you have less than 5 open new credit cards from any bank or store in the last 24 months you will not get an instant denial. I am at 10/24 and won't be able to get the card until next August. The other option is to go into a Chase branch in person and ask if you have any pre-approved offers. There are lots of data points from others where this worked when they were over 5/24.

Glad you got the Ink+! I am always happy to offer suggestions on saving money or earning miles when paying for an Adventures by Disney vacation. :-)

All office supply purchases will get you 5x on the Ink+. This is why we buy our Disney gift cards and other store gift cards that we need like Whole Foods at Staples or Office Depot, so we can get 5x on as much as we can.

To get the 100k bonus you would have to apply for the card. They won't do it for a product change. So long as you have less than 5 open new credit cards from any bank or store in the last 24 months you will not get an instant denial. I am at 10/24 and won't be able to get the card until next August. The other option is to go into a Chase branch in person and ask if you have any pre-approved offers. There are lots of data points from others where this worked when they were over 5/24.

Glad you got the Ink+! I am always happy to offer suggestions on saving money or earning miles when paying for an Adventures by Disney vacation. :-)
We just got the Reserve (w/eligible bonus) but we had to call and move our credit limits around. We have a ton of Chase cards! I just charged $500 towards my Alaska ABD to make sure I can get the $300 travel credit. (I am pretty sure it will qualify but you never know). I'll let you know how it comes out. Even w/o the Bonus (which is INCREDIBLE), the Chase Reserve is a great deal. I have been focusing on Citi Cards (AT&T, Prestige because of 3x points on online purchases) but now am probably switching back to primarily Ultimate Rewards.

Yeah, I have less than 5 new. The only cards I've gotten recently are the AMEX Platinum and the Ink. I do have a Hilton Citibank, Chase Sapphire and two others from Chase (both United). But, the Reserve Card has a lot of added benefits and I could see that as one that I keep and use regularly. Thanks @acndis for the info on your experience. Maybe moving some of the credit limit from the United Cards (or getting rid of the Explorer card may be an option)@calypso726 anytime I can save money on travel, I'm all over it! Thanks again

And...now back to Italy Another place on my list......

Anyone going on the Adults Only Italy trip May 9th - 16th, 2017? My husband and I are going with our 2 kids, ages 22 & 25!

Does anyone know if there are any Facebook groups for the May 23-30 2017 Italy ABD? Is anyone here going on that date?
The DIS doesn't allow posting links to FB groups so you're not likely to get a response to this question.

The DIS doesn't allow posting links to FB groups so you're not likely to get a response to this question.

Don't need a link. Just a name of a group if there is one. If there's a private group, I wouldnt be able to search for it on FB. Hadn't found one yet, so just thought I would ask.

Anyone going on the Adults Only Italy trip May 9th - 16th, 2017? My husband and I are going with our 2 kids, ages 22 & 25!

My Husband and I will be joining you all. We are really excited. We have never done ABD. Have you?

Down to the final payment on the August 4th trip! I'm trying to figure out if I can spare a few days ahead of time for DLP. How risky is it to fly from Paris to Rome on the first day of the trip? The itinerary suggests the Vatican evening visit can happen on this first day. Thanks!

My Husband and I will be joining you all. We are really excited. We have never done ABD. Have you?
Yes! We went to Ireland in 2008. Best trip ever!! We still keep in touch with some of the adventurers on that trip! :-)

Please post here if you would like to talk with anyone else who has signed up to travel to Italy with ABD.

You can also share information/ask questions about the Italy: Viva Italia ABD.

Please try and keep this thread on topic to discussion and questions about the Italy ABD. Off topic posts will be deleted or moved.

Thanks!
Sayhello

Roll Call:

Previous:
  • Jun 10 - 18, 2012 - Hermi, DH, DS (15) & DD (13)
  • Jun 28 - Jul 6, 2012 - Jlou, DH, DS(16) & DD(12.99)
  • Jul 9 17, 2012
    • - mickeee & family, daughter (11) & son (21)
    • - mapsd & family, 2 daughters (9 & 11)
    • - GregThom, wife & 2 daughters (14 & 10)
    • - Rmmc07 & DD (8)
  • Oct 7 - 15, 2012 - pandw & husband
  • May 9 - 17, 2013
    • - wdwtheplacetobe & Alacrity
    • - AquamarineSteph & 'Better Half'
  • May 16 - 24, 2013 - Disneyfam24 (1 mom and ka (12m))
  • Jun 30 - Jul 8, 2013 - chanibusti CVO Kim, DH Pradeep, DS7 Deven, DD6 Nora
  • - Kez250 (Kerry), DH Stephen, DS Ben (11), DD Imogen (10 by the trip)
  • Jul 28 - Aug 5, 2013 - flagfred, dh, dds (16) & (13)
  • Aug 11 - 19, 2013
    • - Skaminsk, wife, daughter (will be 7)
    • - Lydsmom, with 8 yo daughter, husband
  • Aug 18 - 26, 2013 - cindy2494 (Cindy), DH Don, DD Jess (19) & DD Sabrina (13)
  • April 18 - 26, 2014 - cancelled
  • May 18 - 26, 2014 - OMD13 & DH
  • May 26 - Jun 3, 2014
    • - Dad (richflour) & daughter (9)
    • - georgiagirl2, DH, DS (17) & DS (15)
  • Jun 5 - 13, 2014
    • - mmhoover, husband & two children (10 & 11)
    • - Eileenct, husband, daughter (10) & son (5)
  • Jun 8 - 16, 2014
    • - pihanettie, DD (10) & DS (9)
    • - kpnittany, husband & 2 sons (14 & 11)
  • Jun 19 - 27, 2014 - kanadar, sister & Dad
  • Jun 22 - 30, 2014 - twentyco & daughter
  • Jun 26 - Jul 1, 2014 - BSKE4fun, DH, DD (13) & DD (18)
  • Jun 29 - Jul 7, 2014 - Curlygirlinsm, DH & DD (10)
  • Jul 10 - 18, 2014
    • - Heather (CrazyZeus1), hubby Jeff & son Reese (11)
    • - Liz (MKTowerView) & Mom (Mari)
  • Jul 17 - 25, 2014 - Jenncram, DH, DS 12, DS 9 (almost 10)
  • Oct 11 - 20, 2014 - tracyv & husband
  • Dec 21 - 29, 2014 - kristilew, DH, & DD (17)
  • May 25 - Jun 2, 2015 - Rapunzellover
  • Jul 2 - 10, 2015 - fosterkittymom, husband, daughter (14), mother, stepfather, & aunt.
  • Jul 6 - 14, 2015 - Tamsfrodo, husband & DS (10)
  • Jul 23 - 31, 2015
    • - Teebee41, DW, 3 DDs (13, 9 & 7) & DS (13)
    • - Diane0977 (Diane, 37), husband Shawn (40), & 2 daughters (7 & 9)
  • Jul 30 - Aug 7, 2015 - silmarg (Sil), DW (Margaret Ann) & 2 DDs Lauren (15) & Rosie (13).
  • Sep 3 - 11, 2015
    • - stacyz & husband (John)
    • - minnie4ever
  • Sep 14 - 22, 2015 - Becky Rou (Becky) & Anthony
  • Oct 5 - 13, 2015
    • - huntergreen10 & husband
    • - Pinkflmngo (Lynda) & daughter (Elena)

Is there an existing roll call for the July 4, 2017 ABD Italy trip? If not, I would like to start one.

Is there an existing roll call for the July 4, 2017 ABD Italy trip? If not, I would like to start one.
There usually aren't enough people who post here on a particular departure for a separate thread, that's why I created the Meets threads, so there was a place where people could "meet up" & discuss the trips. But you should feel free to start whatever thread you'd like to. I'm no longer the Mod here, so no-one is maintaining the roll calls.

Sayhello

Getting excited! Heading out Friday to fly into Naples. Will spend Sat-Tues checking out the Amalfi Coast and staying in Sorrento. Then on Tuesday we head up to Rome to catch up with our Italy ABD!! Woot-Woot!!

If anyone has done the Amalfi Coast on their own (before hand or afterwards) - can I ask what tours you did? We have a 7 and 11 year old, so would need to be family friendly. But we love doing tours wherever we go, and every single tour I look up all have great reviews, so not sure which way to go! Hahaha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!