Items you wouldn't come to Disney without?!

If you're bringing your cell phone into the park, a charging brick. we got a 10K mhz brick from Best buy for under $30 that was enough power to fully charge two cell phones twice over.
Do you recommend these over the fuel rods? I loved the idea of always having a freshly charged one, but I read somewhere they'll only recharge your phone about 50%?

We drive to WDW so we bring a lot.
Besides clothes we take:
Closet organizer
water
sunscreen
collapsible hamper
hand sanitizer and chlorox wipes
TP
MBs
Camera, charger, batteries
power strip and extension cord
Ponchos
Plastic silverware, paper bowls/plates
Ziploc gallon, quart, and sandwich baggies
Band aids
We bought the Fuel Rod when they first came out and have definitely got our $$ worth out of it. Usually 2 charges per rod.
Glow in dark or light up toys
Laptop and MiFi for work
snacks and breakfast items
I travel with 3 females so I will not list the long bathroom items

That I can't easily replace there:
- ID, passport, insurance cards, credit cards
- 2 pairs of shoes
- blister prevention/treatment
- prescription and OTC medications
- non-medication medical needs (for me that's a cooling cloth, neck fan, ace wrap, KT tape, nuun tabs, etc.)
- glasses and spare contacts
- phone

That could be bought/lived without but I'd rather just remember to pack:
- reusable water bottle
- portable power pack for my phone, and the cord
- sunscreen
- poncho
- ziplocks
- Mickey ears
- autograph book and pen
- trading pins
- magic bands

We went in July this year i carried a backpack with ice packs, the king you bang so they get cold for everyone in my family. I restocked everyday.
It was so great to put it on the back of your neck in the heat. Even my one year old grandson enjoyed the cooling effect!
I’ll never go on the summer again without them, they are so easy to pack.

Just got back. Portable phone charger used every day. Reusable water vessel. Sunscreen. Used our ponchos on the last day for an enormous downpour (I stood under the primeval whirl ride for shelter and thought its sound effects and happy screams were major storm badness. Nope just a lot of rain. LOL).

The kids LOOOOVED getting autographs so the books came everywhere.

Wish we had the cooling packs. ESP for Hollywood studios. It was hotter than the depths of heck there in late October! Next time.

What are good cooling packs?

We went in July this year i carried a backpack with ice packs, the king you bang so they get cold for everyone in my family. I restocked everyday.
It was so great to put it on the back of your neck in the heat. Even my one year old grandson enjoyed the cooling effect!
I’ll never go on the summer again without them, they are so easy to pack.
Brilliant idea for the disposable ice packs!!!

Sunscreen. You’ll burn just as quick on an overcast day as you would a sunny one. I suffered a day one bad burn on a vacation and was miserable the rest of the time. I couldn’t imagine suffering that at Disney.

Good walking shoes. Take what you think are good walking shoes and walk 7 miles a day in them for a few days. If your feet don’t hurt too bad, you’ve got the right shoes. According to my health app we walked 43 miles on Disney property over 5 days

Brought all this and had 10 days of pain free enjoyment last June:

Portable battery chargers for mobile devices. Mophie,etc. Extra cables
Cotton free underwear and socks
New shoes broken in about 1-2 weeks before
Body Glide anti chaffing stick (Amazon)
Trail Toes tub (Amazon)
Portable and collapsible laundry mesh bag ( for laundry day)
Backpack with padded straps and back pad. Load it with sandals for rainy periods and extra socks. Trust me.
If you don’t have a car, order bottled water and snacks/fruits from online retailers. Garden Grocer, Publix, etc.
Pocket sized first aid kit
Eyeglass straps
Pocket umbrella or dollar store ponchos
NSAIDS or Tylenol, antacids and Emergen-C powder packs.
Snap type cooling towel- I bought my Mickey Mouse one at the park and it worked GREAT!
Small battery operated or mobile device capable fan
AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, BRING A HAPPY FACE AND HAVE FUN!!!

:rotfl2: ......and don't forget deodorant as I know or should I say smelled lots who have forgotten it.....
Omygoodness, we RARELY (I almost want to say never) watch the fireworks at MK without a dessert party, due to being incredibly spoiled. But, last March we did an unexpected day at MK so DD's friend from Florida could join us. I am here to tell you, we were up close and personal to some very unwashed, no deodorant people. Holy cow. If anything convinced me to save longer for a Disney trip to include such percs as dessert parties, this was absolutely it!!!
Another Disney story to tell!

Must have is our large hydroflask water bottle. Keeps our water cold throughout the day!

We have several standalone portable chargers but since the newer generation of cells have longer battery life I tend to leave the portables in the hotel room. Also at least 2 of the cell phones have Mophie cases with a charger built into so that makes life easier and less weighty as well.

A rain poncho is useful but the man prefers an umbrella so I get the smallest one I can find that will fit in his cargo shorts. Totes makes some nice ones.

2 pairs of walking shoes per person. One pair of the man's walkers double as dressier shoes.

I'm pleased at the amount of toiletries available in CL rooms now; Disney is finally reaching the level of amenities found in comparable hotels outside the bubble. Anything they provide means less for me to haul out of the house w/ the exception of the shaving kit as the man prefers his own.
Nail polish remover packets, nail clippers, and a metal nail file still come from home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter