Itinerary for Voyager of the Seas in NY

I admit that it's not the experience that DCL is, in terms of boarding and all, BUT, you don't have to deal with the airport either. :)

I'm 90 miles from the city so I could take a train or hire a limo, you'd think that with the money these 2 ships cost that they would do something in regards to a terminal, either way I won't be cruising with either anytime soon as I am about to become a DVC member :) , I have a work mate that is on a 7 day bermuda cruise out of NYC now , I asked him to look around and see if he sees any new construction going on. I wonder if the current docks can accomidate these large ships, I know the QM2 had to design its funnel so it could fit under the verrizano bridge.

rmbreset,

I agree that the NY pier is no DCL termianl ... or Miami for that matter....

But not having to hassle with airports, airport parking, security checks, luggage checks, lugging kids items through an airport terminal, probable change of planes, no food, layovers, wondering if the plane will get me there on time, yada, yada, yada, has some advantages. I can leave my house at 9:00AM, be at the pier in NY by 10:30, park right next to the ship (for $18 a day !!) and then disembark at 10:00AM and be home by noon....

It's good to have the options....

BTW, the pier at NY can, and has already, accomodated the Voyager-class ships. The Navigator of the Seas stopped in NY on its maiden trip across the Atlantic from the shipyard. And the Adventure of the Seas also made NY its first US stop after construction and was actually the first commercial ship to use the piers after 9-11-2001.

Unless they ducked going under the Verrazano, or the river was really low, they can fit...

mac_tlc

The Islands don't bother me. We have been to each one of these already(except the Canada ones) on all our other cruises. Just to be able to take a 30 min. taxi ride to a port and hop on the Voyager is good enough for me. We sailed the Voyager two years ago, and absolutely loved the ship itself, and chose to stay on the ship most of the time. Living in NJ and love to cruise, I can't wait to book!!!!

Leaving out of New York will be a pleasure to those of us that live in the Tri-State area. You don't have to deal with the airport, etc. I would love to take a limo drive to the port and just hop on the ship -- heaven!! P.S. For those of you who don't live in the area, why not combine the trip with a short vacation in New York City -- there is nothing like New York in the summer (or any other time of year). Like Giuliani says -- New York City is the capital of the world!

The prices for the Voyager of the Seas 9-night Western Caribbean cruises from NY in the summer of 2004 were made available this morning. There are a lot of categories of cabins, and a bunch of different dates, so I have not figured out a neat and clean way of posting all that info on the boards.

However I have all the numbers and would gladly send it to anyone that wants it.

To make things a little more complicated, RCCL is changing a number of their cabin catagory designations in 2004. So, if you know the current categories on the Voyager, these are different !

Just some sample numbers(slightly rounded), as of today:

Peak period = July 2, 16, 30 August 13
Balcony cabin (D1) = $6100 for four people (incl port/tax/cruise)
Outside (I) = $5400 for four
Inside (L) = $5050 for four

Cheapest cruise = Sept 10, 24 October 8
Balcony cabin (D1) = $3600 for four people (incl port/tax/cruise)
Outside (I) = $3200 for four
Inside (L) = $2850 for four

All other dates are in between. The season starts May 21, 2004.

mac_tlc

mjasp,

The numbers listed above do not include insurance. I have more exact numbers in a table format for all of the Voyager sailings next summer. Just drop me an e-mail and I can send you the web site address. Multiple cabin categories are shown for each sailing from May - Oct 2004.

mac_tlc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter