Itinerary question for those just back: LONG

crzy4mk

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for
I am a major "commando-style" planner when it comes to WDW or DLR, so I have my trip next week scheduled pretty tightly. I have been reading alot about the big crowds and know that it will be busy with the 50th celebration. So here's my question. Please look at my schedule and tell me if you think it's "doable". Thanks! (BTW, I'm traveling solo)

Wednesday, 7/13
8:00-11:00 Splash Mt. (FP), Pooh, Indy (FP), Jungle Cruise, HM, Pirates
11:30 Lunch at Blue Bayou (PS)
12:30 RR to Main Street, exit to CA
1:00-4:00 Soarin (FP), ToT (FP), Grizzly (FP) (maybe just 2 of these)
4:20 Aladdin show
5:00 Whichever of the "big 3" I don't do from 1:00-4:00
6:00 Corn Dog Castle, exit to DL
7:00 Buzz (FP), Star Tours, Monorail
9:00 Fantasyland (whatever I can get in)
11:00 exit park

Thursday, 7/14
7:00-9:00 Fantasyland rides
9:00-10:00 Main Street cinema, 50 Magical Years Movie, exit to CA
10:00-2:00 Soarin (FP), ToT (FP), Grizzly (FP), Wine Tasting, exit to DL
2:30 Bengal Barbecue
3:00-6:00 Indy (FP), Jungle Cruise, HM, Pirates
6:15 Snow White show
7:00-8:30 BTMRR (FP), Riverboats
8:30 Rancho del Zocalo
9:00 Splash Mt. (FP) (if available)
10:00 Buzz (FP) (if available), Fantasyland rides
11:00 exit park

Friday, 7/15
8:00-10:00 Space Mt. (FP), Buzz (FP), Star Tours
10:00-12:00 Splash Mt. (FP), HM, Pirates
12:00 exit park (offsite plans)

I realize this is an ambitious plan and that I may not get in everything, but my plans have not failed me yet, and I think it definitely gives me a leg up on all those folks who go in without knowing what they're going to do.

Let me know what you think. :)

Sounds like a cool plan. I'm just jealous that I have to do both parks in ONE DAY! Needless to say, I'll only be able to squeeze in the highlights, and we'll be active from 7am to midnight.

I can't say how it looks-good, I hope. Because I'll be out there solo the week after you, I've never been to DL before, so I'm taking alot of notes from your itinerary. So I just wanted to say Thanks!

It looks very doable.

Instead of Fastpass, I would recommend single rider line for Splash Mountain, Soaring, California Screamin, Mulholland Madness, Grizzly (if they allow it)... then you can go on more than once or go on something else

As well as single rider lines, I would also try and do the 'Big' rides as early as poss and grab FP for later for the ones you cant. Your plans dont mention Fantasmic, not to be missed!

Just wanted to add that we tested out Ridemax on our trip that we just returned from.

They were amazingly accurate on their times. We used it for 2 of the days we were there. We tended to get just a little ahead of the schedule (not a bad thing at all!!), but I couldn't believe how close they got to predicting the actual return times for the fastpasses.

Be sure and make use of the the fact that DL and DCA both will take fastpasses beyond the ending time on the ticket. As long as it's the same day you can use it. Using a late fastpass allows you to collect lots of fastpasses during the day.

At any rate, we are definitely huge fans of ridemax!

What, no fireworks?

My friends and I just did all the rides that were open in one day on Friday the 24th. The only things we didn't do were the canoes and Space Mountain for obvious reasons. We had a similar approach to yours.

Remember, some of Fantasyland closes during the fireworks, we did some of these rides during the late parade. Also remember that while the parade is going on it is difficult to cross the park. The same holds true for the 20 minutes beofre and after the parades. They use crowd control after the parade to only allow you to go to certain ways!

First, if you are alone, all those FP's will just wear you out walking to get them, then backtracking. I'd go for the solo line.

I posted my trip report over on the other board. We did 4 days without a single fast-pass. Admittedly, we didn't do some of the big rides you want, but I think if you do the biggies first thing in the morning you can avoid the lines and the walking.

A second thought...what if they close DL due to crowd size? You might want to have a back-up plan in case you're stuck at CA. Is there anyplace in DTD you'd like to see??? Other shows or parades at CA? It would really be the pits to end up missing out on half your plans because of crowd size.

I agree with the FP thing- If you plan to GET the FP during your time period you prob wont get to use the pass that time- Its ALWAYS iffy to get FP after 6ish esp for Splash etc

You also seem to backtrack a bit much- You'll loose lots of time that way

-em

Disneyland_emily said:
I agree with the FP thing- If you plan to GET the FP during your time period you prob wont get to use the pass that time- Its ALWAYS iffy to get FP after 6ish esp for Splash etc

-em
For everyone's info, a lot of FP vets in a group use a "runner". They send one person with all the entrance tickets to get a FP for the whole group. This works especially well when the group is in an accessible line (like Matterhorn) and the runner can rejoin.

Obviously, this mitigates the backtracking downside.

Disneyland_emily said:

-em

The only time I see where I'm actually doing much backtracking is on Friday when I go from Adventureland/New Orleans Square to see the Snow White Show, then back to Frontierland for BTMRR. And I've kind of planned for that because I thought I might get a BTMRR fastpass around 3:00 or 4:00, then come back to use it at 7:00.

I do plan to use the single rider lines where available, I just failed to put that in my itinerary. Thanks for all the input, and I'm glad most of you DL veterans think this can be done! Just 8 more days . . . YIPPEE!!! :teeth:

HydroGuy said:
For everyone's info, a lot of FP vets in a group use a "runner". They send one person with all the entrance tickets to get a FP for the whole group. This works especially well when the group is in an accessible line (like Matterhorn) and the runner can rejoin.

Obviously, this mitigates the backtracking downside.

If you don't mind me asking what lines are accessible? It would certainly be easier for me to wait in line with the kids while DH runs to get FP's. :teeth:

Eeyorecln said:
If you don't mind me asking what lines are accessible? It would certainly be easier for me to wait in line with the kids while DH runs to get FP's. :teeth:
Hmmmm. Here is a list off the top of my head:

o Matterhorn
o All FL rides (Peter Pan, Tea Cups, Alice, etc.) have exposed lines
o Splash (rear portion of the line is exposed)
o Astro Orbiters
o Roger Rabbit (rear portion of the line is exposed)
o Pirates (rear portion of the line is exposed)
o Mark Twain
o DLRR

Thanks for the info. I'm adding it to my collection of data now I need to come up with an itinerary for our visit. Everyone here has been so helpful that I am already feeling the magic. :wizard: I think I'm more excited then the kids. :rotfl2:

Eeyorecln said:
Thanks for the info. I'm adding it to my collection of data now I need to come up with an itinerary for our visit. Everyone here has been so helpful that I am already feeling the magic. :wizard: I think I'm more excited then the kids. :rotfl2:
Just make sure DH is in good running shape! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter