It's a birthday Celebration!....But, DH is inviting the extended family. Uh Oh! Pics.

mickeysgirl17

Wish I was at Disney
Hi Everyone! Welcome to my Pre trip Report. :welcome::welcome::welcome:
I'm Bella, and I'm so excited to start this! :banana:

Thank you so much for for clicking on this thread and taking a look at my pre trip report.

So, lets get started.....
First things first. The basics....

The crew:
Me: Bella, age 26, :flower3: first trip to disney was in Dec. 2006. Since then have taken many 1 day trips to MK, and 1 trip to DTD for Disneyquest. I plan all our trips to disney or anywhere else for that matter. I love love love :love: disney dining. I hope to one day visit every disney restaurant at least once. Favorite attractions are Mickeys phillharmagic, spaceship earth, fantasmic, cirque du soleil, festival of the lion king, peter pans flight, and pirates of the caribbean. I'm not big on thrill rides, but I love a little thrill. Just a little. Favorite park is MK. I'm currently studying to be a wedding/event planner.

So you can put a face to the description, here I am....

100_2670-1.jpg

My DH:
Edward Cullen, age 17....lol

b806e95d.jpg

Just kidding....for those of you who don't know who this is, this is my favorite vampire who I am in love with from the twilight series. lol...and my name really is Isabella (nickname Bella) just like bella from twilight for those of you familiar with the saga. I'm also in love with....

Orlandobloom.jpg

Not Orlando...but Will Turner. Pirates of the Caribbean (all 3) are my favorite movies!

Anyway here is my real DH...
Tommy, age 27, :cool2: has been to disney many times before we met and then everytime I have gone, he tags along. Not as much of a disney freak as I am, but misses it if we don't go for a long time. Usually pays for the trips and deals with my obsessive planning. Loves thrill rides, favorites are mission space, tower of terror, rock n' roller coaster, tough to be a bug, and space mt. Also likes stage shows. Favorite park is DHS. Loves Indiana jones are lights, motors action stunt shows. He is a picky eater and could care less where we eat while at disney. Likes buffets over sit down restaurants. Currently works for a Bank and answers phones in the mortgage department.

DH....

100_2003.jpg

My princess: princess: DD6, will be turning 7 on the first day of this trip. She is in first grade. She is very girlie. Loves princesses, the castle, favorites are peter pans flight, dumbo, the carousel, winnih the pooh, barnstormer, snow whites scary adventures, astro orbitor, aladdins carpets, its a small world....Very fearless. Loves any ride that goes high up in the air. Picky eater.

IMG_0929.jpg

My little DS: :yay:: 8 months. Our newest addition to our family. Very very active baby. Will be his first trip to disney. He will be 11 and a half months when we go. Is crawling and standing up on his own if he holds on- not walking...yet. He is at the stage where he wants to get into everything and explore. He has a strong personality. His occupation: eat, sleep, poop, cry. Eats: baby formula and baby food.
Still does not sleep through the night.
My concerns for this trip is how well he will do with all the loud noises in attractions and the fireworks and if he will be scared of the characters. Any tips from all the moms out there?

My baby....

006.jpg

For our 2nd half of the trip....we will have my brother in law, his wife and their 2 kids (ages 10 and 7) join us hence the title of this PTR. :scared1: This should be interesting as we don't always see eye to eye and they don't like disney as much as we do....they are universal people. popcorn::

Here is a breif description of them: (sorry I don't have pics)
Brother in law, age 32 works security and a big retail chain. Tagging along for this trip because my DH wants him to.
Sister in law, age 31, works in a school cafeteria. Doesn't really like disney but is tagging along because my DH and her husband convinced her to.:sad2:
Their DD10: Very girlie like my DD. Likes teen stars like the jonas brothers, high school musical, hannah montana. Likes my kind of rides....small thrills.
Their DS 7: Is best friends with my DD7 although they are cousins. Loves animals, bugs, and any kind of living thing. Is scared of heights.

Ok, so that is everyone.

Now, let me explain the title a bit....
I prefer that when we go on trips (especially disney trips) that we go alone. Meaning me, DH, DD and now DS of course. See, I consider myself very knowledgable on disney world and I love to plan our trips down to the last detail. Now, if others go along, that's kind of tough cause then they will want to switch up the plans- I know them very well and I know this will happen. Now, I would be ok with this if they knew what they were doing or had as much disney experience as I have, but they don't not to mention the other people going with us don't like disney. They love universal/IOA. But, of course DH went and begged them to join us. His excuse to me was that since I don't like thrill rides, he needs someone to go along with him on the rides so he doesn't go by himself. (The kids are too young for the big stuff). But, in reality, this will suck for me as when he, his bro and my SIL go on the big stuff, I will be stuck with all the kids. :mad:
This isn't the biggest problem though. See, I didn't know we were taking this trip until just recently which sucks, because I have always planned my Disney trips months even years in advance and have always made sure I snagged ADR's, and planned a very thorough and perfect trip. This was difficult to do this time around since I didn't have time to plan and didn't get to make ADR's before all the good ones got booked. (I got lucky somewhat though, more on this later) Anyway, the problem with My DH's bro and his family is that they can never make up their minds. I believe disney world is a place where you must make plans in advance. Sure, you can have a great time if you just show up, but I like knowing what we will be doing which days and having ADR's.
So, what happens of course? Dh's bro and wife couldn't decide if they were going to go at first. They said they weren't going, then they were, then they weren't. Now, they are back on board. This makes it impossible to get any plans together, not to mention ADR's. Especially for a party of 8.:sad1:
To add to all this, DH's bro (lets call him BIL...) is very outspoken...if he has a problem with a person, he will say it out loud, if he doesn't like what we are doing, he'll push us to change plans. It's not that I don't get along with him, I just deal with it for DH's sake. My SIL is great except she'll complain about every little thing she can just to prove Universal is better than disney. I don't mean to sound mean, but they really are a nightmare to travel with. I can see it coming now.....well, wish me luck. I will need it. :wizard:

Ok.....next up....

The dates...Thursday May 13 (DD's birthday) to Sunday, May 16th.

Where we are staying...still looking for a hotel in the disney area. I really wish we were staying at the pop century like we did in 2006. But, since we will only need the hotel for sleep (we will be out all day everyday) and DH's bro is very cheap, not to mention, its kinda late for a disney resort, so, it will probly be the knights Inn on on US highway 192. It's pretty close and very affordable....I'd rather stay in a cheaper hotel and spend my money on souvenirs than pay a little more and not be able to buy anything in the parks. If anyone has hotel suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them.

Anyone still with me? Hopefully, I'm not boring you with all the details.

Some special reasons we are taking this trip....
-First and foremost, it will be DD's birthday. Disney is her favorite place in the whole wide world and she has been begging us to go back. She has no idea we are going on her birthday and she thinks she won't be going until her 8th birthday so she will be so happy. We won't tell her until she see's that wonderful main entrance sign to disney. :woohoo: As of now, she thinks she is going to school and then going to chucky cheese and the park after.

-2nd....I get to see the flower and garden festival. Not that I'm very big on flowers and gardens, but its an event I have never been to at disney. It's also kind of a mothers day celebration since mothers day is the weekend before and this is DH's gift to me.

-It will also be my baby's first time to disney and we better get him used to it since we will be going many times in the future.:cheer2:

-and finally....I just want to go back. lol.

Coming up in the next installment: Our itinerary and ADR's.

Thanks for reading. :wave2:

Hello!

Well we have a few things in common!

1. I too am a "Twilight Mom"!! My DH and I are beyond excited for New Moon to come out this weekend! :woohoo: I met Stephanie Meyer not too long ago, she's my hero!

2. I love Disney

3. I have a little girl and just had a baby boy.

We just got back from his 1st trip to WDW on Sunday. ((He just turned 3 months)) So if you have any questions or want to see how well it went with a baby go check it out.

I think you're baby will do just fine. I think he did better then his almost 4 year old sister. He was in awe of all the sights and sounds.

Hope you and your family have a wonderful time!

Hello!

Well we have a few things in common!

1. I too am a "Twilight Mom"!! My DH and I are beyond excited for New Moon to come out this weekend! :woohoo: I met Stephanie Meyer not too long ago, she's my hero!

2. I love Disney

3. I have a little girl and just had a baby boy.

We just got back from his 1st trip to WDW on Sunday. ((He just turned 3 months)) So if you have any questions or want to see how well it went with a baby go check it out.

I think you're baby will do just fine. I think he did better then his almost 4 year old sister. He was in awe of all the sights and sounds.

Hope you and your family have a wonderful time!

Wow. We do have a lot in common! :thumbsup2 I will check out your TR for sure. Thanks so much for reading.

Hi,
I am going to move you to our pre-trip boards.
Let me know when you return and I can movey your TR back to our regular board.

I don't know about advice, but it is $14 a day to park, you may want to add that into the expenses with staying on/site off site. On Walt Disney Site, they have a promotion of at least 20% off of a value, more for moderates and deluxes. Play around on the site with the numbers.

Hi,
I am going to move you to our pre-trip boards.
Let me know when you return and I can movey your TR back to our regular board.

I don't know about advice, but it is $14 a day to park, you may want to add that into the expenses with staying on/site off site. On Walt Disney Site, they have a promotion of at least 20% off of a value, more for moderates and deluxes. Play around on the site with the numbers.

Ok...thanks for moving me.

Yes, I have already added in parking fees, gas, and extras into my budget. :thumbsup2 Thanks.

Doing laundry today:laundy:, but I had to stop by and post an upadate.

So, I've been trying to put an itinerary together. It's very hard though because like I said, DH's Bro (BIL) and his family are constantly trying to decide if they are going to be joining us or not. Well, as of now, they are in for the weekend portion of our trip- so I get 2 days without them. lol.

Originally, I had my trip put together perfectly. On my own, I came up with:

Thursday, May 13th (DD's birthday) - DHS
Friday, May 14th - MK
Saturday, May 15th - Epcot
Sunday, May 16th - AK

And this would have worked out nicely because:

I would have avoided DHS on Extra Magic hours day, stay out of MK on the weekend, Visit Epcot on Saturday which I love because the park is so big that crowds aren't as bad and AK closes early so we have time to drive home and get my DD to bed in time for school the next day.

Plus, the crowd calendar suggests those parks on those days exactly how I planned it.

But.................

:sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2:

Unfortunately, DH decided that he wanted to ride Rock n' Roller coaster and Tower of terror with his bro and therefore begged me to switch DHS day with Epcot Day.

Anyone see the problem with this?

Yeah, DHS will be hosting Extra magic hours that day (which we don't have access to since we are staying off property) and will therefore be extra crowded (especially since its a saturday). I can see it now....

Baby crying, Sister in law bragging about how Universal wouldn't be as bad, DD whining about waiting in lines...yeah, not my idea of fun. :mad::mad::mad:
(lets hope this doesn't happen).

I might need a :grouphug: after that.

Sorry, I think of the worst. :scared1:

To make matters worse, I already made ADR's for a party of 4, which was difficult enough this late, but now I had to change them to a party of 8. Luckily, I got almost everything I wanted. Someone must have sprinkled some pixie dust on me. :wizard:

So, as of now and unless BIL backs out again this is what we are doing....

Saturday, May 13th: DD's birthday (Just me, DH, DD7 and DS - 11 months)
Arrive at Epcot at opening.
Birthday breakfast at Akershus.
Dinner at Counter service somewhere. Any suggestions?
Illuminations @ 9pm.

Sunday, May 14th: (Me, DH, DD7, DS)
MK day
BBB appointment at 8am for DD.
Lunch at Pecos Bills
Dinner at Cosmic Rays
Wishes at 9pm.

Monday, May 15th: (Me, DH, DD, DS, BIL, SIL, Neice age 10, Nephew age 7).
DHS day
Lunch at Toy story pizza planet
dinner at Sci Fi

Tuesday, May 16th (Everyone)
AK day
Bfst at Tusker house
stay until close
(BIL, SIL, and their kids leave)
Dinner at Ohana (only Me, DH, DD, and DS)

What do you all think?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter