It's a tooting, baptizing, spitting Disney adventure! - A Nov. 2017 Completed TR

Chapter 5 continued….

MK_MAGCMMNTS_20171128_406736905003.jpg MK_MAGCMMNTS_20171128_406736830994.jpg

We wrapped this experience up as a parenting fail. Poor baby! I do love the goodies I got out of it for his scrapbook, though. This really was his first hair-cut (in case you couldn’t tell).

Moving on to a happier experience…

MK_PFTHPURPLEB1CHAR_20171128_406720182180.jpg

Back story on Rapunzel. If you haven’t read the PTR for this, I need to fill you in on something. If you have read it, this maybe a few more details than is in the PTR. The first time we watched Tangled, D was hooked. He was around 3 years old and he watched it over and over and over and over…well you get the picture. He would reenact the parts as the movie was playing and even when he wasn’t watching it. One of his favorites was the battle scene with the frying pan. I managed to find a miniature one at the Dollar Tree one day and it became his favorite toy for a while. So after our 2016 trip, we decided we wanted to find a frying pan for Rapunzel to sign on our next trip. Well of course when you want something badly enough you can’t find it. After much searching, a friend gave us an extra one her son had. We were all happy about this and excited to see Rapunzel’s reaction. Well, we got all of the way into the room with the princesses and I realized I had left it in the stroller :sad2: . C’s reaction …. “I can’t believe you forgot the pot!” (Hence the chapter title). I was so ill at myself :mad:. Spoiler alert – it all worked out later in the trip ;)

MK_PFTHPURPLEB2CHAR_20171128_406720206845.jpg

By this time we were hungry so we headed over to Pinocchio’s. I got the cheese flatbread so I could share with G. D got the kids flatbread, applesauce, yogurt and chocolate milk. C got his usual chicken nuggets and fries. Nana and Mr. B got the chicken parmesan sandwich and something else that I don’t remember.

After lunch, we headed to our first ride of the day (I don’t really count the carousel as a ride).

IMG_5577.jpg

Here’s a picture of one of the places it broke down on us.

It broke down on us twice during this ride. As you’ll see, this got to be the theme for the day.

Then we rode Winnie the Pooh. It broke down on us once.

While in the area, we had to ride the teacups which is one of D’s favorites. This was G’s first time and he loved it.

IMG_5581.jpg

Then we headed for a break over here….

IMG_5578.jpg

Next were our FPs for Haunted Mansion. G fell asleep on the way over so we rode it in shifts. Nana, Mr. B, and D went first. During our wait, it started to rain but we managed to find cover and stay dry. It was a very short shower. It had stopped by the time they finished the ride. On our turn, it broke down on us twice. I took a couple of pictures where we got stopped but of course they’re dark.

IMG_5579.jpg IMG_5580.jpg

It really is interesting what all you can see when you're stopped for awhile. :scratchin:laughing:

When C and I came out we saw the photographer and only one couple in front of us. We heard the photographer say something about a Magic Shot so we stopped too. When it was our turn, he didn’t say anything about a Magic Shot but we just assumed that’s what he was doing when he told us to look scared. This is what we got…

MK_HAUNTEDMANSIONEXIT_20171128_406725085938.jpg

*Continued in next post*

Last edited:
Chapter 5 continued…

MK_HAUNTEDMANSIONEXIT_20171128_406725085922.jpg

We kept checking to see if a Magic Shot would show up since they usually take a few hours or more and one never did. Oops! Guess we should have said something.

Next, we decided it was time for a snack. After all, we did have all of those snack credits to use up. Storybook Treats was our pick. C chose the hot fudge sundae. D chose chocolate ice cream and I chose the cookie sundae. Oh my! Definitely a new favorite. G woke up in time to help me eat mine.

Sometime between HM and our snack, C found a photographer and got one of the Magic Shots he wanted.

MK_MERMAIDBRIDGEICONNC_20171128_406722435364.jpg

Next, we rode…

MK_BUZZLIGHTYEARRIDE_20171128_8134531718.jpg MK_BUZZLIGHTYEARRIDE_20171128_8134533578.jpg

It broke down on us once.

Then we chilled a bit on The PeopleMover – it also broke down on us once.

Afterwards, C checked our itinerary and saw it was close to time for Buzz to come out. We headed over to where we thought he was going to be. There was one family hanging around the area so we thought we might be in the right place. The time C had for him to come out came and went so we began to think we were wrong. Then we saw a cast member come out and point in our direction. Shortly after, Buzz came out.

MK_BUZZLTYRCHAR_20171128_406727808641.jpg MK_BUZZLTYRCHAR_20171128_406727860354.jpg MK_BUZZLTYRCHAR_20171128_406727860362.jpg

By this meet & greet, G had figured out that we were waiting on someone to come out. We’d waited in enough lines similar to this. He had not figured out that we were not allowed to break in front of everyone. So there was a good bit of fussing, squirming, let me go, put me down, etc. It only worsened when he saw who we were going to meet but he couldn’t run to them yet. Then, when it was finally his turn, he’d take off and then stop 2 feet away and just stare. We went through this routine at every single meet and greet.

After Buzz, we headed over to ride Dumbo. We had a good bit of time before our next FP so D chose to go meet….

MK_SBCSIDESHOWDONALDOCHAR_20171128_406729172252.jpg MK_SBCSIDESHOWGOOFINICHAR_20171128_406729110959.jpg

The line for Minnie and Daisy was longer than theirs so we skipped them.

*Continued in next post*

Last edited:
Chapter 5 continued…

Then it was time for our last FP.

IMG_2347.jpg MK_TSFAIRIESACHAR_20171128_406730970294.jpg MK_TSFAIRIESACHAR_20171128_406730970298.jpg

After Tinker Bell, it was time to head to our ADR at Crystal Palace. This was our first time to eat here and quite possibly our last. We chose this place mainly for Nana. She is a Winnie-the-Pooh fan. G and D don’t really care. In fact, G didn’t know who they were and D barely did. We’ve watched Winnie-the-Pooh movies maybe twice in his five years.

Well…. I guess I’ll start with the pictures before I summarize our experience.

IMG_2353.jpg IMG_2358.jpg IMG_2365.jpg IMG_2377.jpg IMG_2384.jpg IMG_2388.jpg IMG_2395.jpg

The boys were fine with meeting the characters. They love the attention. However, they all seemed rushed. We actually missed getting Tigger’s autograph and had to ask the waitress if she could take it back to get it for us. She did so were thankful for that. The food was just okay. I’d also come to realize by this point that I do not much care for buffet style combined with meet & greets. I’m usually running around trying to get food for the boys, but be back at the table for pictures, feed G and/or make sure he’s managing fine on his own, and also feed myself. So add all of that with the fact that they were trying to hurry us out ….. We were not impressed. Afterwards, we surmised that since it was a party night, and our ADR was right before they were closing the park down, that it probably wasn’t the best time to eat there.

We finished up and headed out. Right after we got outside they made the announcement that everyone needed to stay where they were because it was about to get dark. So we got to see Elsa freeze the castle before tackling the crowds headed out as well as the partygoers headed in. We did make a stop by the Confectionary to use up some of Nana and Mr. B’s snack credits. They were leaving once we got back to the resort and didn’t want their credits to go to waste. We got a giant Mickey shaped cookie and a couple of different kinds of fudge. Then we headed to the bus. There was no wait and we were first on. Boy were we going to miss Mr. B :P;).

Once back at the resort, we went to the food court to use up the rest of Nana’s snack credits. Then we said our goodbye’s and headed to the room to enjoy and get ready for bed.

Last edited:
Great update!

We wrapped this experience up as a parenting fail.
Poor you. I bet you felt so bad!

Then, when it was finally his turn, he’d take off and then stop 2 feet away and just stare. We went through this routine at every single meet and greet.
LOL. Kids are so weird. But to be fair, those characters are a LOT bigger than they are in the movies.

I’d also come to realize by this point that I do not much care for buffet style combined with meet & greets. I’m usually running around trying to get food for the boys, but be back at the table for pictures,
I imagine that would be difficult to manage. Those meals can be stressful enough without worrying about the kids.

I love Dallas's face in this one!
mk_tstheaterbchar_20171128_406716106250-jpg.296272

Awesome family photo!

Ooh no! Poor little one! Who would have thought a haircut could be so traumatizing!?

Clint’s reaction …. “I can’t believe you forgot the pot!” (Hence the chapter title). I was so ill at myself :mad:. Spoiler alert – it all worked out later in the trip ;)

:rotfl:

I'm feeling hopeful since you said it worked out later.

When it was our turn, he didn’t say anything about a Magic Shot but we just assumed that’s what he was doing when he told us to look scared. This is what we got…

mk_hauntedmansionexit_20171128_406725085938-jpg.296308

:rotfl:

Oh well, makes for a funny memory picture :)

I’d also come to realize by this point that I do not much care for buffet style combined with meet & greets. I’m usually running around trying to get food for the boys, but be back at the table for pictures, feed Griffin and/or make sure he’s managing fine on his own, and also feed myself. So add all of that with the fact that they were trying to hurry us out ….. We were not impressed.

Oh no, I'm sorry you had such a bad experience here! We've only ever had decent meals here, but I do find the buffets with characters a little stressful myself, even, and I don't have any kids to worry about feeding and keeping track of!

You're so lucky! I want to do this sometime.

I want to do it again! I got spoiled on my first time. :laughing:

Poor you. I bet you felt so bad!

We felt absolutely horrible! I wanted to cry with him. But the people there were great and so understanding.

What a fun report! Your boys are adorable!

:thanks:

Oh well, makes for a funny memory picture :)

You got that right! :laughing:

Hello all! Since I’m not allowed to work on an update during family time, I’m going to work on this one in bits and pieces at work :-)ssst: don’t tell anyone). We are coming up on what we call IEP Olympics so who knows when I’ll have time. I would like to get this TR finished before our trip in May.

Speaking of May, we finally met with our DVC friends to try and finalize our May plans for ADRs and FPs.

We decided to keep the following ADRs:
Sci-Fi – Dinner
Garden Grill – Breakfast
Trattoria al Forno – Breakfast
Boma – Breakfast
Beaches & Cream – Dessert J
Be Our Guest – Dinner
Coral Reef – Dinner
Beaches & Cream – lunch

Our plan for FPs includes:
FOP
Mickey & Minnie M&G
Safari
Soarin / TT (Rider Swap)
Character Spot
SSE
TSMM (if available L)
RnRC if not TSMM
ToT
Star Tours
7DMT
PP
Talking Mickey (oh please still be there!)
Cinderella & Elena
Rapunzel & Tiana
Buzz

Y’all (my southern drawl is coming out) I am so excited about this May trip and I’ll tell you why. G is OBSESSED with Disney characters. I swear he learns a new one every day. He’ll see a picture or a commercial/show on TV and holler out their name. C and I will look at each other and say “I didn’t know he knew that one” at the same time. It’s crazy! I can’t wait to see what he does when he meets the ones he knows this coming-up trip. :hyper:

Just to name a few of the ones he knows by name: Buzz, Woody, Alice, Cinderella, Ariel, Elena, Baymax, Dumbo, Beast, Belle, Aurora, Chewbacca, Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Daisy, Pluto, Pete, ‘Doc’ McStuffins, Snow White, Anna, Peter Pan, Tinker Bell, Rapunzel, Jesse – Y’all! He’s not even 2 yet!

We also changed up our September plans just a little. Instead of staying our last night at Poly, we are now staying …

bay-lake-tower-at-contemporary-00-full.jpg

And we will have this view

BLT TV.jpg

Happy Birthday to me!!!!

To top all of that off, I have even more news. We’ve booked another trip for January 2019 for this reason

4604_Lake20Buena20Vista.jpg

I’m going for the 10K!!!! OR maybe the half - I haven't decided. We will again be staying at AKV and probably Poly.

So after all of that, let’s carry-on with the next day of this TR.

Chapter 6: Flex Day – “The train is NOT faster!”

This day originally started out as our ‘Rest Day’. As plans were made, we would say “if we can’t do it on _ day, then we can do it Wednesday.” So it quickly turned into our “Flex Day”. This was also the only day we could get BOG for dinner so we knew we’d have to go to MK at least for the evening.

So here we go….

Even though we had planned to sleep in this day, we were up by 7:30. We took our time getting ready, ate breakfast in the room, and then headed to catch the bus to Disney Springs.

I don’t think we had a long wait but I also don’t have anything in my notes about it. I did note that we sat near another family that had two very talkative young boys. We chatted about Typhoon Lagoon (which is where they were going but we’ve never been); Jedi Training (one boy said our boys needed to try it when they were older); Epcot; Christmas party and being able to ride the rides over and over again; 7DMT; and Fantasmic. We were quite entertained with their stories and arrived at DS before we knew it.

Upon arrival, we headed to the Lego store. D insisted on having his picture made with some of the statues.

IMG_2397.jpg
IMG_2398.jpg IMG_2399.jpg
IMG_5584.jpg

I had to have this one because we have this same picture from my very first trip back in 1997.

Then D and C hung around playing with some of the Legos while G and I went exploring in here….

World-of-Disney-Exterior-1440x640.jpg

*this one and many of the next pics were stolen from the WWW because I’m horrible at remembering to take them*

When they finished up, they came and found us and we headed over to get our free chocolate samples from

ghirardelli.jpg

Then we stopped by Once Upon a Toy. We really wanted to get more potato head parts. We somehow acquired a whole bunch of left arms (or is it right :confused3) and we need the other side :laughing:. But, we had read prior to this trip that they were gone and half the store was boarded up. Well, that’s exactly the way it was. It took us all of 5 minutes to look around inside.

Then we visited…

downtown-disney-stores-candy.jpg

Continued in next post….

Last edited:
Chapter 6 continued…

yaarrrgh-the-christmas.jpg

dining_location_image_621.jpg

We walked around inside the store for a bit. G was amazed at the larger animals and even more fascinated with the fish. We didn’t stay long before we headed back outside. This guy caught our attention so we stood and watched him for a few moments.

rainforest-cafe.jpg

It was still early but we headed on over towards the main reason for our visit to DS (since the potato head plan was out).

Since we were still way early, we found this little square and decided to let G out of the stroller to roam for a bit. We each took an opening and tried to keep him inside the square. Things were going great until I decided to take a picture (mainly so I’d remember this is what we did) and he fell right as I snapped it.

IMG_5585.jpg

There was no major injury but we did decide we’d go ahead and check-in even though it was still too early.

They allowed us in immediately and we saw this

IMG_5586.jpg

They seated us in the Ice Cave Room

IMG_2400.jpg IMG_5587.jpg

D loved it.

I did remember to take pictures of our food this time. Are you proud? :flower:

IMG_5588.jpg IMG_5589.jpg IMG_5590.jpg

But due to the poor lighting and ever-changing colors in the room, they are poor quality. Oh well, I did try.

I don’t remember any complaints with the food so I think we all enjoyed it.

I did not remember to take picture of our desserts. I’m not even sure how we had room to eat dessert, but we managed.

C and I went with the Meteor Donut Bites: Chocolate and vanilla donut holes, powdered sugar, caramel and chocolate sauces. D chose the Chocolate Tarpit: Creamy chocolate pudding with crushed Oreo® cookies and gummy worms.

We each tried both desserts and determined that we should have switched. C liked D’s more and D liked the donut bites more. I liked both but ate more of the donut bites. We left there so very stuffed.

Continued in next post….

Last edited:
Chapter 6 continued…

The original plan after lunch was to head to Epcot. We had discussed multiple ways to get there right after we arrived at DS. For some reason, I had it in my head that we were taking the bus so I went right instead of left once we got outside. Well, we weren’t taking the bus…yet. So we ended up making a big ol’ circle around the Lego store to get to the boats. C should know by now not to let me lead :rolleyes:. I guess we just needed to walk off some of that lunch.

We decided we’d get off at POFQ (where we began our stay) and check to see if they had found the phone before catching a bus to Epcot.

Surprise, surprise! They had found it. We were told that we would need to come pick it up. They said they would call our room at AS once it was back in house (apparently it was at their lost & found which is in another location :confused3 ) and we could come get it. *Remember this for later*

Then we headed out to catch the bus to Epcot. We waited less than 5 minutes and we ended up being the only ones on this bus. Nice!

Once we arrived at Epcot and made it through security (and went through the AP holder line :-)), we split ways once we got to the fountain. The big boys were headed to Test Track and G and I went to Frozen.

D loved the design part.

C let D do the design.

IMG_5591.jpg

He did not care much for the ride itself. I think you can tell that C enjoyed the ride, though.

EPCOT_DPIRIDESYSGMTT_20171129_8135066869.jpg

G fell asleep on the way to Frozen and he slept up until right after this picture when we got wet.

EPCOT_FROZENRIDE_20171129_8135052989.jpg

After our ride, we headed to the Baby Care Center (love these centers!) where we made a new friend.

IMG_5592.jpg

This little guy (or girl) was in our stroller when we came out. But he had jumped off by the time I had my phone out to snap a picture.

Then the two of us headed over to TT to meet the big boys. D was enjoying checking out the cars/trucks so we had to wait a little while.

IMG_5593.jpg

When they came out, D decided he needed a snack so he got a Mickey pretzel. Then we headed over towards Nemo. We stopped to check the wait for Joy & Sadness but it was fairly lengthy so we kept going.

We walked right on to Nemo. G loved it! He also loved walking around and checking out the aquariums after the ride. Then D decided he wanted to do Turtle Talk. We got in the room and G and I headed over to the doors so we could make sure to get up front. D had decided he wanted to sit up front this time (he panicked the last trip and sat in the back with the adults but regretted it after the fact). I wanted to make sure I could grab us seats so that he could sit at our feet if he needed to. This was a good plan for D. Not so much for G. When Crush came out and started talking, G freaked out. I had to take him out to get him to calm down.

IMG_5594.jpg

So G and I walked around and looked at the fish some more while we waited on them to finish-up.

When they were done, we headed over to take another boat ride

IMG_5595.jpg IMG_5596.jpg

Then it was time to leave. We had somewhere else we needed to be. So we headed to the monorail. Seeing as it’s been many years since I rode the monorail (and the same for C) we did not realize we needed to collapse the stroller. So…. Monorail pulls up. Everyone rushes on, including us – stroller and all. We realize there isn’t enough room so we are scrambling to get the stroller cleaned out to collapse it. I grab it to collapse and end up spilling C’s coffee all over him as well as breaking his lid. It was a mess!

But now we know :guilty: :smooth:

Once we got to TTC, we ran over to the other monorail. But this time, we didn’t have to collapse it even though we were prepared for it. There wasn’t as many people getting on this one.

We made it into MK and had to make a pit-stop. We got to see the end of….

IMG_5597.jpg IMG_5598.jpg

Continued in next post…

Last edited:
Chapter 6 continued….

Then we headed to take care of something I had messed up earlier in the trip.

MK_PFTHPURPLED1CHAR_20171129_406758963579.jpg MK_PFTHPURPLED1CHAR_20171129_406758963583.jpg

She wanted to see his pan wielding skills

MK_PFTHPURPLED1CHAR_20171129_406758963587.jpg MK_PFTHPURPLED1CHAR_20171129_406758963592.jpg MK_PFTHPURPLED1CHAR_20171129_406758963593.jpg

So yay! We got the ‘pot’ signed by Rapunzel! :rotfl:

Then we saw Tiana again.

MK_PFTHPURPLED2CHAR_20171129_406759025857.jpg

This meet was one of the best. She was great with G (they all were, really).

After this, we went looking for a PP Photographer to try and get the magic shot with Chip while D was wearing his Chip shirt. But no luck. So we hung out by Gaston’s watching for one for a little while. C decided he wanted a LeFou’s Brew. And we waited some more.

We were waiting for our friends that live nearby (they moved down here a few years ago so we only get to see them when we come to Disney) to join us for an ADR at BOG. The very much awaited BOG.

Well, they were running late. Okay, alright, a few minutes late, no big deal. Wrong! They were running a lot late. We waited a little bit then C went to check-in. Well, you have to wait on your entire party. So we waited some more.

Now, I’ll just tell you that I hate being late for anything. This being the big thing that was most important for this trip, well I really didn’t want to be late and risk us not getting in. So I’m freaking out. Finally, they text and say that they are parking the car and we could tell them they were in the bathroom or something. So we did. This has to be the one and only time I prayed it would be a long while before they call us back. No luck. We head inside and the cast member is telling us all about the castle and that we will probably want to stop and have our picture taken by the window, etc. etc. I’m still freaking out because they know we are still missing people AND I realize that he didn’t mention meeting Beast at all. But I was too stressed out to ask. So we get seated, we give him all of the drink orders (we’d asked our friends) and we wait. The next text we get is that they are catching the train because the dad thinks it’ll be faster. Ummm……. When he brings us our drinks, I go ahead and order D’s because the boys are hungry. And we wait some more…. 40 minutes after our ADR time our friends show up. The first thing out of their mouth is “The train is NOT faster!” The wife and the 10 yr. old daughter are not happy with the dad. The dad kept apologizing and offering to buy dessert or an appetizer to try and make up for it. But we were on the DDP so … :laughing:.

We were finally able to order. But, by this time, G is tired and getting very cranky. My enjoyment of the dinner was pretty much nonexistent after all of the stress and then having two tired children. I believe the food was good. I know the dessert was – and I did get pictures of two of the desserts.

IMG_5599.jpg IMG_5600.jpg

Oh, while we were eating, the lights flickered and they made an announcement about Beast meeting guests in his study (and we saw him come out) so that did mollify me some. We were able to go right up to him once we were ready to leave.

MK_BEOURGUESTCHAR_20171130_406765570302.jpg

So I’m one to show it all – the good, the bad, and the ugly. All I can say is – the way Beast had his arm around me – it made me have to squat or something. All I really know is that my rear-end is sticking out in EVERY picture with Beast. o_O But hey! We got a picture with him. The good news – we are doing BOG again in May and I don’t care who’s late – we are not waiting on anyone!

Once we walked outside, we realized how close it was to HEA. We knew we needed to get inside quickly. D really wanted to ride something with A (I don’t have their permission so I’ll just use initials). So we decided on The Little Mermaid. There was no wait so we walked right on. G and I ended up together. The two daddy’s ended up last and A’s mom ended up with D and A. This was G's 2nd time on the ride and he loved it.

Unfortunately for us, the ride didn’t take very long so we needed to get somewhere else. So we headed to meet Ariel, thinking it was inside. Well, the queue isn’t all the way inside. The fireworks started right after we got in line and G freaked. He was so tired and kept dozing off. Then the fireworks would boom and he’d wake up crying and trembling. Even though it was posted as a fairly short wait, it wasn’t.

We finally made it in to see her about the time the fireworks were ending. G was out.

MK_GROTTOACHAR_20171130_406766692951.jpg

Continued in next post…

Last edited:
Chapter 6 continued….

After Ariel, we needed another pit stop so we headed towards the Rapunzel bathrooms. On the way, we remembered that we wanted to try and get the lantern picture. As we got closer we saw it. I headed straight for the line, that wasn’t very long, while the others took care of business. Then they joined me in line. We did a lot of variations of holding the lantern but this one was our favorite. Of course G was asleep in the stroller so he missed out.

MK_RAPUNZELLANTERNSC_20171130_406767007194.jpg

D and A really wanted to do another ride together so since we were close to It’s a Small World, the dad’s took them to ride. A’s mom and I sat it out so G could sleep. Then it was time to go. A had to go to school the next day and it was late. We headed towards the front of the park just as they were doing the goodnight show. I had to turn around and snap this

IMG_5601.jpg

The bus was packed and there was standing room only. D got very upset at the thought of having to stand so a nice lady had her kid move over to make room for him. We were a little shocked that he did go sit by a stranger but he was really tired. He ended up falling asleep on her :laughing:*. She was very nice about it. (Side note: I wore G when we were on the buses. It was just easier to wear him in the carrier than to try and hold him and all of the bags while C dealt with the stroller)

It was 11 pm by the time we got back to the room. We had a message on our room phone. It was to let us know that the phone was downstairs locked in one of the safes and we could get it whenever we were ready. C and I looked at each other confused and then just shrugged. We thought we were going to have to go get it at POFQ. Oh well. We weren’t complaining.

Last edited:
We decided to keep the following ADRs:
Sci-Fi – Dinner
Garden Grill – Breakfast
Trattoria al Forno – Breakfast
Boma – Breakfast
Beaches & Cream – Dessert J
Be Our Guest – Dinner
Coral Reef – Dinner
Beaches & Cream – lunch

Good choices!! Boma breakfast...nom... :lovestruc

Griffin is OBSESSED with Disney characters. I swear he learns a new one every day. He’ll see a picture or a commercial/show on TV and holler out their name. Clint and I will look at each other and say “I didn’t know he knew that one” at the same time. It’s crazy! I can’t wait to see what he does when he meets the ones he knows this coming-up trip. :hyper:

This is awesome!! I hope he loves the characters and has a ball!

And we will have this view

blt-tv-jpg.302409

Happy Birthday to me!!!!

Wow!! That's awesome! Treat yo' self!

I’m going for the 10K!!!! OR maybe the half - I haven't decided. We will again be staying at AKV and probably Poly.

Oooh good for you! You'll have a ball! Have you done a runDisney race before? We only did the 5K, but it was so great!

Jedi Training (one boy said our boys needed to try it when they were older);

This would be adorable! Do you think they'd like it?

:love: What a cutie!

Things were going great until I decided to take a picture (mainly so I’d remember this is what we did) and he fell right as I snapped it.

img_5585-jpg.302423

Poor little guy :( Glad there were no injuries. Kids are resilient!

They seated us in the Ice Cave Room

img_2400-jpg.302422

Cool! I've always wanted to be seated in here.

This little guy (or girl) was in our stroller when we came out. But he had jumped off by the time I had my phone out to snap a picture.

Bahaha funny! It seems the squirrels are known for being pretty ruthless.

Seeing as it’s been many years since I rode the monorail (and the same for Clint) we did not realize we needed to collapse the stroller. So…. Monorail pulls up. Everyone rushes on, including us – stroller and all. We realize there isn’t enough room so we are scrambling to get the stroller cleaned out to collapse it. I grab it to collapse and end up spilling Clint’s coffee all over him as well as breaking his lid. It was a mess!

But now we know :guilty: :smooth:

Oh man! That's rough! It must have been a really packed monorail, because I've never seen someone collapse a stroller in a monorail car I've been in before. People usually use this as a reason why monorail resorts are so good with little ones.

Oh good! I was worried! :laughing:

Well, they were running late. Okay, alright, a few minutes late, no big deal. Wrong! They were running a lot late. We waited a little bit then Clint went to check-in. Well, you have to wait on your entire party. So we waited some more.

Oh yeah, I feel you on this one. I'd be super stressed about this! And if it were me running late, and I wasn't even at the parking lot yet and it was already time to meet someone for an ADR, I'm pretty sure I'd just tell them to go without me, because there's no way I'd get there close to on time and I know you can't check in with only part of your party. But I'm glad they got there eventually and their kid(s) didn't miss out on BOG.

And we wait some more…. 40 minutes after our ADR time our friends show up. The first thing out of their mouth is “The train is NOT faster!” The wife and the 10 yr. old daughter are not happy with the dad. The dad kept apologizing and offering to buy dessert or an appetizer to try and make up for it. But we were on the DDP so … :laughing:.

Man! That's wild! And yeah, unless the park is wall to wall, and you have incredibly slow/tired folks with you, I can't possibly imagine the train being faster. The full train loop is something like 20 minutes, and neither of the stops on either side of BOG are really very close to it. But I guess it makes for a good story to tell later! Things happen. :goodvibes

My enjoyment of the dinner was pretty much nonexistent after all of the stress and then having two tired children.

I can only imagine! Those kind of nights are tough. Glad you're getting a do-over on your next trip.

This is so sweet! It came out perfectly! I really want to get this shot when we go this week.

For being your "flex" day, you sure did a lot! DS and two parks! I hate your BOG experience had to be so stressful with the other party taking so long to get there. I hate having to coordinate with others on Vacation for that very reason.

Have you done a runDisney race before?

Nope. This will be a first. I'm reading everything I can find about it though.

Glad you're getting a do-over on your next trip.

Me too!

For being your "flex" day, you sure did a lot! DS and two parks! I hate your BOG experience had to be so stressful with the other party taking so long to get there. I hate having to coordinate with others on Vacation for that very reason.

We did do a lot. But it actually didn't seem that bad in the midst of it. I am excited about our BOG do over.

My name is Candace and I am 34 years old. I am a Special Education Teacher and have worked in the public school system for 14 years. I love reading, scrapbooking, Harry Potter, and of course DISNEY!.
Hi, Candace :) I'm Jackie, a 35 year old Kindergarten teacher with the same hobbies!!! :)

Oh, my goodness, what an awesome family costume!!!! LOVE this so much :)

Then he says, “Mama, you just baptized yourself.” Well…what do you say to that? :rotfl2:
Perfect!! LOL Several years ago, one of my Kindergarten students got mad in the dramatic play center because someone kept taking her baby doll out of the sink. She yelled, "They can't do the dishes right now!! I'm baptizing the baby!!"

Here she is signing the Doctor’s excuse I made.
Aww, I'm very interested in what your doctor's excuse looks like or says!! That's such a cute idea!

our ADR at Crystal Palace. This was our first time to eat here and quite possibly our last.
We were really unimpressed with our first (and only ever!) meal at CP. I was really excited because I'm the Winnie the Pooh lover in our group and it was quite a let down for most of the same reasons you stated.

4604_lake20buena20vista-jpg.302407

I’m going for the 10K!!!! OR maybe the half - I haven't decided.
I just ran the 5 and 10K this year at Marathon weekend!!!! It was the most fun ever!! I was actually sad I didn't sign up to run more of the races!!! You will have a blast!

My favorite cupcake in all the land!!!!! MMMMMMMMM....

This is the sweetest picture in the whole wide world!!!! Love it so much!

Hi, Candace :) I'm Jackie, a 35 year old Kindergarten teacher with the same hobbies!!! :)

:welcome: I started out wanting to be a kindergarten teacher. God had other plans for me though :teacher:

erfect!! LOL Several years ago, one of my Kindergarten students got mad in the dramatic play center because someone kept taking her baby doll out of the sink. She yelled, "They can't do the dishes right now!! I'm baptizing the baby!!"

:rotfl2:
Aww, I'm very interested in what your doctor's excuse looks like or says!! That's such a cute idea!

I'll try to post it on here the next time I get a chance and I'm on the computer. I usually check my thread updates on my iPad (which is what I'm doing now).

I just ran the 5 and 10K this year at Marathon weekend!!!! It was the most fun ever!! I was actually sad I didn't sign up to run more of the races!!! You will have a blast!

Oh fun! I'd love to read all about your experience. C has me debating running the half instead of the 10k but I'm hesitant. I won't actually run my first official 10k until summer or fall. But I'm already up to 5 miles at a time in training. I just don't know... But I still have some time to decide.

Last edited:
Well you can see how far behind I got by all the comments I've quoted.......so sorry! I'm behind on everyone's reports :(

Monday was a holiday and the last 3 days have been ‘snow’ days – but we didn’t get any snow :confused3
Um, yesterday they dismissed the kids early because we were MAYBE getting some light snow in the late afternoon. So Ricky was home by 10:12 and I picked Chris up at 11 :rolleyes: My plan was to work all day, which I do from home, and that totally messed me up. Worst part was the snow didn't start until about 3 and we got hardly any :headache:

And then Mickey's PhilharMagic which was a first for me and the boys.
Wow! Glad you finally did it! We do it every trip, I love it.

We also changed up our September plans just a little. Instead of staying our last night at Poly, we are now staying …
Awesome, especially the view :love: We're staying there in August for the first time but sadly, just a plain ol' view lol

To top all of that off, I have even more news. We’ve booked another trip for January 2019 for this reason
pixiedust:

Seeing as it’s been many years since I rode the monorail (and the same for Clint) we did not realize we needed to collapse the stroller.
Wait, you DON'T need to! I mean yeah, if it's crowded and you don't want to wait for another one or find a different car than you do, but technically you can take strollers on the monorails open!

I love this idea, it's adorable. And actually I like the "friend" of Rapunzel that did sign it better than the one you met when you forgot it :)

We did a lot of variations of holding the lantern but this one was our favorite.
This is a beautiful picture!

Going to try my best to do a better job at keeping up from now on.......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!