Mini TR for another Boston Road Trip - updated Nov 22

Yes it is indeed on my computer!! I am so fed up with photobucket and those types of shenanigans...is there an easy way?
Yes there is.
1. Click on the "Attach files" icon at the bottom left of the text box:
attach image icon.jpg

2. Navigate to whereever you have your picture on your computer.
3. Click on the photo you want and click "Open". You'll possibly (depending on file size) see the file downloading.
Eventually, you'll see a little thumbnail of it. Looks like this:
attach image 2.jpg

4. Make sure your cursor is placed exactly where you want the photo to appear. (Eg. between two lines of text, at the beginning, at the end... etc.)
5. Click "Full image"

Voila.

If you still have trouble, let me know.
(Both the above images are on my computer and not from Photobucket)
Also, I think you are limited in the number of attached files you can have on a post. Not sure what the amount is but I think it's only 10 as opposed to the 30 or so from Photobucket.

OK this worked...! But I'm dumbfounded because for years I've had trouble with this...it can't possibly be that easy...anyway...I will try to post a few relevant pics in upcoming post! Thanks @pkondz

Now that @pkondz has shown me the way, I will try to post more pictures. I know this is just a tease and I will get all excited about being able to post pics and then my computer will blow up or something lol because seriously this has been such frustration before and now it seems so easy lol....ANYWAY...before I continue regaling you with tales of LA...I will fill in a few pics from the Disney portion of the trip!

IMG_6232.jpeg

OK I knew there'd be a glitch lol. I tried posting and it said "image too big" so I figured out how to resize it...but ...my patience is limited lol But there you have it. The HM in DL. Loved this of course. I really liked the outside facade and the ride itself, though I do prefer the ride at WDW and the queue is better there too. So hard not to compare everything to WDW since I know that so much more.

Just for you all, I've resized a few photos that go along with parts of this CA TR that perhaps you have read already!

IMG_6274.jpg

I think you all know where this is. And yes, we were able to get this empty looking shot at 8:30am. I think we were still stunned by the fact that we made it to SWGE just by following the crowd at RD. We had no illusions that this would happen, and thought we'd need a timed window or something but it was great and we got to explore at our leisure.

IMG_6330.jpeg

We loved Minnie's outfit in this pic. And this was one of those times when you see a few people start to congregate and wonder if they know something you don't. We asked what they were waiting for and they said Minnie is coming. So of course we joined in the line to get our pic.

IMG_6355.jpg

This one doesn't really need an explanation. We had some fun with Darth though and enjoying his canned answers. My daughter asked him what kind of bathing suit he wears (not sure why...lol? but whatever?) and his answer was "that is not relevant" funny.

IMG_6366.jpg

We finally made it to Carsland at night. It was amazing. Would have been fun to have time for some rides but wait times were nuts at night there. Cool photo ops though and just taking in the details.

IMG_6476.jpeg

Can anyone guess where this is? Hint: It's in LA. My friend Tania got chased out of the lobby for trying to take a picture.

IMG_6482.jpeg

This is my best shot of the sign. Sadly it's not like in the movies where you can just drive up and hang out with the sign. You either have to do a major hike, or take what you can get from various spots found by looking on Google. We opted for the "drive up into a residential neighbourhood in the Hollywood Hills, and hope to not get in trouble by the locals in their gazillion dollar homes" approach. It mostly worked for us until a guy came out of his house and said "you know you can't park there" but by that point we had gotten our pics and were on our way!

I know this is just a tease and I will get all excited about being able to post pics and then my computer will blow up or something lol because seriously this has been such frustration before and now it seems so easy
:laughing:
IMG_6232.jpeg
Yusssss...
OK I knew there'd be a glitch lol. I tried posting and it said "image too big"
:lmao: Sorry! Should have thought of that.
I really liked the outside facade and the ride itself, though I do prefer the ride at WDW and the queue is better there too.
I also like the hat box ghost. :)
And yes, we were able to get this empty looking shot at 8:30am. I think we were still stunned by the fact that we made it to SWGE just by following the crowd at RD. We had no illusions that this would happen, and thought we'd need a timed window or something but it was great and we got to explore at our leisure.
Wow! Nice!
My daughter asked him what kind of bathing suit he wears (not sure why...lol? but whatever?) and his answer was "that is not relevant" funny.
:laughing: What in the world????
We finally made it to Carsland at night. It was amazing. Would have been fun to have time for some rides but wait times were nuts at night there. Cool photo ops though and just taking in the details.
::yes::
Can anyone guess where this is? Hint: It's in LA. My friend Tania got chased out of the lobby for trying to take a picture.
Nope. Not a clue.
This is my best shot of the sign.
Great one too! Far better than what I was able to get.
Sadly it's not like in the movies where you can just drive up and hang out with the sign. You either have to do a major hike, or take what you can get from various spots found by looking on Google.
It's also private property, I believe.
It mostly worked for us until a guy came out of his house and said "you know you can't park there" but by that point we had gotten our pics and were on our way!
:laughing: Interlopers!

Yay, pictures!!! :thumbsup2

It mostly worked for us until a guy came out of his house and said "you know you can't park there" but by that point we had gotten our pics and were on our way!
:laughing: At least you got what you came for before that! I remember being bummed about that too when I was in LA many years ago. I would love to do the hike up though... someday ;)

Tryng to keep up, Kathy... :) Love that you are posting photos now and glad you learned how. I know I have the patience of a 2 year old with tech stuff.

We finally made it to Carsland at night.
I would love to one day see this. The pix I've seen are so pretty!

Hmm so...no guesses to my mystery photo?

In case anyone cares...It's Nakitomi Plaza from Die Hard - not sure of the spelling. But it looks the same lol. I was kind of surprised that you could just drive right up to it! I guess the hype perhaps has died down a bit lol...

Back to the TR, let's finish this baby up because I'm off on some more travels tomorrow, sadly not to WDW or any Disney park...but to Victoria, BC, and then.....Salt Lake City...AGAIN. Long story. My kid is there. The end. ANYWAY...back to the program...

After our trespassing in the Hollywood Hills, we took the windy roads back down into Hollywood (just sayin' no wonder there are so many fatalities on those roads...they were scary in the daytime when stone cold sober...) We went back to the walk of fame and checked out some more stars. I'm gonna save this and then go try to find some pics for you!

IMG_2673.jpeg

OK so finally getting into this picture thing. This is my kids and I on the set of the Big Bang on the WB studio tour. Well obvs. not the actual set since it's over now, but a pretty cool recreation.

IMG_6422.jpeg

Anyone know what this is? If you've seen the Elton John movie...that's where he got his start in America...pretty cool I thought.

IMG_6527.jpeg

This was some of the best ice cream I've ever had. This place called Creamistry...it's totally custom freshly made nitro ice cream. This was banana ice cream with cap'n crunch and marshmallow sauce. Decadent.

IMG_6586.jpeg
This is my daughter and I at Sequoia National park. This place is amazing. A long way from civilization pretty much however you get there, but worth the hike for some incredible views and trees!

IMG_6604.jpeg
This was where we did our only actual hiking for the trip because of a certain whiny teenager...it was hot...and high up...but well worth it!

IMG_6675.jpeg

My daughter is looking happy because Grandma just bought her some earrings....son looking surly as usual to be getting his pic taken...even if it is on Rodeo Drive...sigh...

IMG_6688.jpeg

I don't think I need to say much about this, other than I thought it was cool, and they had sooo many awesome billboards in Hollywood.

IMG_6760.jpeg

Son at Santa Monica Pier. Wandered around a bit. Daughter wasn't feeling well so she went back to the air bnb with my mom. Son and I walked around some and then went to go see the Lion King. Shockingly the 16 year old liked it...probably because he knew Beyonce was one of the voices.

IMG_6881.jpeg

And lastly, in case anyone is interested...this is my car. I collect car stickers. Sadly only a couple are Disney because...at DLR anyway...they actually DON'T sell stickers? I guess same like gum...they worry what idiots will do with them. So the Disney stuff on my car is mostly magnets or nothing official...so if anyone does see cool Disney stickers...let me know where you saw them!!

Hmm so...no guesses to my mystery photo?
:lmao: I thought "What? I guessed!"... then realized that after you posted your hint (and I got it right away), I just wrote "Cool!"... and didn't actually say I knew what it was! :laughing:
I'm off on some more travels tomorrow, sadly not to WDW or any Disney park...but to Victoria, BC,
Beautiful city. You've been before?
and then.....Salt Lake City...AGAIN. Long story. My kid is there. The end.
Okey dokey.
we took the windy roads back down into Hollywood (just sayin' no wonder there are so many fatalities on those roads...they were scary in the daytime when stone cold sober...)
YMMV... I loved driving those roads. I found them fun!
This is my kids and I on the set of the Big Bang on the WB studio tour.
Cool! We didn't get to see it. I think maybe they were filming?
Anyone know what this is? If you've seen the Elton John movie...that's where he got his start in America...pretty cool I thought.
That is cool! And yes, I've seen it. :)
This was banana ice cream with cap'n crunch and marshmallow sauce. Decadent.
:faint:
This is my daughter and I at Sequoia National park. This place is amazing. A long way from civilization pretty much however you get there, but worth the hike for some incredible views and trees!
I'd love to visit there some day.
This was where we did our only actual hiking for the trip because of a certain whiny teenager...
:rolleyes1

Totally get that.
My daughter is looking happy because Grandma just bought her some earrings....son looking surly as usual to be getting his pic taken...even if it is on Rodeo Drive...sigh...
:laughing: Some things don't change.
Shockingly the 16 year old liked it...probably because he knew Beyonce was one of the voices.
:laughing:
And lastly, in case anyone is interested...this is my car. I collect car stickers.
Lots on it!
I guess I'm more like your ex... I like a pristine, ain't got nothin' on it car.
And yet... whenever I see a car with a bumper sticker, I wanna read it!
so if anyone does see cool Disney stickers...let me know where you saw them!!
I'll keep that in mind! :)

And have a great trip!

That ice cream sounded amazing! I don't LOVE bananas, but do enjoy an occasional banana flavored treat. Mmm!

I had no idea Disney doesn't sell stickers. Makes sense on why not, but I sure wouldn't have thought of them not. HUH!

Beautiful city. You've been before?

Yes I have been to Victoria before. When I was in grade 9 my BFF moved to Vancouver first, so I visited her there a lot. Then a few years ago said friend moved to Victoria, so now I visit her there. I've also since discovered a few other long lost friends who live there, so in addition to being a beautiful city, I love going there for my peeps.

YMMV... I loved driving those roads. I found them fun!

I can see why some may find it fun to drive in the Hollywood Hills...if you enjoy driving in general..which I don't really. But even less so when it's a rental car that I'm not entirely comfortable with....more on that when I get to this trip's conclusion lol

I'd love to visit there some day.

Sequoia is absolutely worth visiting. I found it really interesting though when we were there to ask people about how they got there though, because people came up with some really creative ways. Some came via Nevada and Arizona and such...some came from Northern California and other parts...and were doing different variations on the road trip...I was actually surprised that we were the only ones in our group who did it as a side trip from LA...I guess that isn't really the most common way to do it?

I had no idea Disney doesn't sell stickers. Makes sense on why not, but I sure wouldn't have thought of them not. HUH!

I'm not sure if the no stickers thing applies to ALL of Disney parks or just the CA ones? But I wasn't really as into them when I last had a chance to actually look for them in WDW...but it's true that you don't see them plastered everywhere that they don't belong, kind of like gum so...since they don't sell that either...makes sense....

I don't LOVE bananas, but do enjoy an occasional banana flavored treat. Mmm!

I get it. I like bananas and anything that tastes like actual bananas, but I don't like synthetic tasting banana flavour...

Yes I have been to Victoria before. When I was in grade 9 my BFF moved to Vancouver first, so I visited her there a lot. Then a few years ago said friend moved to Victoria, so now I visit her there. I've also since discovered a few other long lost friends who live there, so in addition to being a beautiful city, I love going there for my peeps.
:goodvibes
But even less so when it's a rental car that I'm not entirely comfortable with....more on that when I get to this trip's conclusion lol
Uh, oh.. that doesn't sound so good!
Sequoia is absolutely worth visiting. I found it really interesting though when we were there to ask people about how they got there though, because people came up with some really creative ways. Some came via Nevada and Arizona and such...some came from Northern California and other parts...and were doing different variations on the road trip...I was actually surprised that we were the only ones in our group who did it as a side trip from LA...I guess that isn't really the most common way to do it?
Driving on an angle from Winnipeg?

:rolleyes1

Howdy folks (or crickets!!) I am not actually sure if I finished talking about my last trip on here...but in any case...a brief outline..

Soon after my return from CA, I went on a little trip to Victoria, BC followed by yet another trip to Salt Lake City to visit my son and also take him to a new school down there.

For your viewing pleasure some pics from Victoria...

This is in the adorable Victoria Harbour. They have these cute little houseboats that people actually live in, and a few are even Air BnB's! They are painted all different colours and are such fun to walk around with an ice cream cone and look at. Can't imagine living there though, like being in a fish bowl all the time I'm sure!

IMG_4736.jpg

This is a pic from the Oak Bay Marina near where my friend lives where I stayed while in Victoria, I look a lovely stroll around here. Would be so nice to be able to see this every day.

IMG_7054.jpeg

This is me in front of the Empress hotel, where they have a famous afternoon tea and also famous cocktails among other things. It's in every cliche tourist photo of Victoria for a reason, very pretty there.

IMG_7068.jpeg

This is downtown Salt Lake City. It's very pretty actually, especially during a sunset. This is near Temple Square where the famous mormon temple is. I'm not much of a Mormon, but it's still pretty to look at!

IMG_7156.jpeg

This is my son on a scooter with a seat! These electric scooters seem to be popping up everywhere. You can download an app and then ride them around and just leave them when you are done...cool idea, only there are scooters left everywhere! Now they even have ones with seats like this one! I didn't have the balance for the ones without seats...but these are really fun once you get the hang of it!! We had some fun scooting around downtown SCL on them.

IMG_7150.jpeg

Here's the exciting part.....there is a I think...a reasonably good chance that my parents and kids and I will be renting a house near WDW in March for two weeks!!!! We have just started looking at vacation rentals in the area, and while it's not gonna be onsite...it's still a chance to go to WDW!!!!!! My dad is having knee surgery next week...and providing that all goes well, he will be much better at walking come March!! But we are hesitant to commit to anything until that's over with. That said, we may put down a refundable deposit on a rental if we find such a thing. Once that is done...let the planning begin!!

So anyone who is gonna be at WDW between about March 8-20...let me know because would love to meet up!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!