It's all just trivial.....

rsbuxt

Mouseketeer
Hi Guys

Not a post to cheer up your Monday mornings, but I had to get something out of my system….

I found the DIS a while ago and although I am a small poster numbers-wise I love seeing what is going on in Disney and other people’s stories. I am from the UK and have visited WDW with family and solo each year for the last 7. I love WDW and have been very lucky to visit as often as I have.

I should have been bringing my 2 Daughters to WDW in August for 2 weeks, but last week due to circumstances beyond my control (well 90% beyond my control) my business in the UK collapsed. Again we are still lucky in that another much smaller business that I run is OK…for the moment and we have our health.

The greatest sadness was having to tell my daughters that we couldn’t now afford WDW this year (or for a good while). Which, eventually leads me to my point. If you are lucky enough to visit that place that we all love, appreciate it! If your drinks are not topped up often enough at dinner, if Dumbo goes down just as you are about to ride, if someone is filling their Wilderness Lodge mug at the Floridian (!)…. don’t worry about it. It’s all trivial stuff! Enjoy the fact that you are there!

Finally, the reason I posted this on this board. The podcasts bring Disney into my home and I love listening. You guys have kept me entertained and my chin up over the last few months and I know you’ll continue to do so. And hey, if you ever need a UK correspondent who knows about WDW, I now have some time on my hands :)

Rich

I am so sorry about your trip! But I have to tell you, you hit the nail on the head about appreciating Disney while you are there. Hopefully, you have some great memories to get you through til your next real trip! Plus, the podcast kind of takes us all to Disney once a week! :thumbsup2

Soory to hear about your trip, and I agree that people shouldn't bothered about mug refilling etc, you're at Disney World and nothing else matters.

Also, I think that listening to the podcast every week makes we feel as if I've gone to WDW in the past but in truth my upcoming trip will be my first, and the first trip to the states in 6 years. The podcast lets me know whats out there, as well as WDWinfo and the boards and so maybe I won't be so flabbergasted when I get there (OK, so I might be quite flabbergasted) and gives me that edge that I wouldn't have had without the DIS

:disrocks:

So sorry to hear about your business. Yes, you are right about it all being trivial stuff. I love to stay onsite, only done it once. But, I told me DH, I don't care if we stay offsite, just so we are there, that is all that matters.

We live about 15 hours from Orlando and only get to go about every 3 years.
But, hey, at least we get to go now and then.

Best wishes for you and your family.

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter