It's August, time to go to Disney! A 2018 PTR. updated with final plans/changes 08/15!

And now we return to regularly scheduled programming.....
(otherwise known as Day 7 plans!)

Do you ever feel a bit sad when you are writing about the last of your trip in your PTR?? It's so silly, I am still 51 days out from my trip and am already obsessing about my trip being over too quickly! #disneyproblems, lol!

On this Monday morning, our plans are to head to Magic Kingdom! I know, I know, you are thinking MK on a Monday?? Why?? I am hoping that with it being the last week of August, it won't be as busy. I have some great FPs booked so am hoping the morning will go smoothly. I will definitely try to be there right at park opening and have the following planned;

1. FP for Peter Pan's Flight 9:25-10:25
  2. FP for SDMT 10:45-11:45
  3. Lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern (hello Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake!)
  4. FP for Haunted Mansion 1:00-2:00
  5. Watch the Festival of Fantasy Parade
After this, it will be time to head back to the Poly for some relaxing pool time. The evening is up in the air at this point but I am thinking it could be fun to head to Epcot to enjoy some snacks and beverages around the World Showcase!

Stay tuned for last day plans, otherwise known as
"Can Susan figure out a way to stay in Disney forever???"

Do you ever feel a bit sad when you are writing about the last of your trip in your PTR?? It's so silly, I am still 51 days out from my trip and am already obsessing about my trip being over too quickly! #disneyproblems, lol!

I do this too lol

If you can figure out a way to stay at Disney forever, let me know:goodvibes

Yes, I do feel sad when I write about the last day plans!

We do MK on Monday’s because we often head home on Monday, I have not found it to busy especially in the early a.m.

I just found your thread and was so excited for you and your niece and then kept reading and I am sad for you. I bet she is so upset. You are a great aunt.

You have great plans. We love the Poly I would definitely stay there. We love Kona breakfast also - we eat there every trip.

I know, right? My favourite (not) was one people would say "oh, my kids are less than 2 years apart. It's just like having twins!" and I would just smile and think that they had absolutely no clue! Unless you have carried, birthed and nurtured two babies at once, you can't possibly understand. That being said, I love being a mom of twins, even with it's unique challenges. BTW, it does get easier as they get older. :)

We have 16 year old twins too (B/G) and I agree about the carrying part. Our twins were almost 15 pounds together. I couldn't get comfortable for weeks at the end of the pregnancy. It is not the same as kids that are close in age. :)

Enjoy your trip we are going in August as well but we will be there before you. We are trying the AKL for the first time - we are so excited.

I do this too lol
Great minds think alike!

If you can figure out a way to stay at Disney forever, let me know:goodvibes
I am working on it!

I just found your thread and was so excited for you and your niece and then kept reading and I am sad for you. I bet she is so upset. You are a great aunt.
:welcome:, thanks for joining! I am still upset over the whole thing but I just have to make the best of it. I have not talked to my niece about it as her parents can deal with telling her the news.

You have great plans. We love the Poly I would definitely stay there. We love Kona breakfast also - we eat there every trip.
Thank you, I am excited to go back to the Poly after 8 years away. It's such a great resort. :)
We have 16 year old twins too (B/G) and I agree about the carrying part. Our twins were almost 15 pounds together. I couldn't get comfortable for weeks at the end of the pregnancy. It is not the same as kids that are close in age. :)
Twin mamas are one of a kind!

Enjoy your trip we are going in August as well but we will be there before you. We are trying the AKL for the first time - we are so excited.
I stayed at AKL last summer and LOVED it. It is a lovely resort. I really enjoyed the Victoria Falls lounge, Boma for breakfast, dinner at Jiko, the Mara and the pool bar. I found the CMs there to be very friendly and kind.

I relate to this very much
We will just have to find a way!! When I was at the Disney pin trading meet today, one of the group members told me he is going down in the fall for 102 days! #lifegoals

:welcome:, thanks for joining! I am still upset over the whole thing but I just have to make the best of it. I have not talked to my niece about it as her parents can deal with telling her the news.

Thank you, I am excited to go back to the Poly after 8 years away. It's such a great resort. :)
Twin mamas are one of a kind!

I stayed at AKL last summer and LOVED it. It is a lovely resort. I really enjoyed the Victoria Falls lounge, Boma for breakfast, dinner at Jiko, the Mara and the pool bar. I found the CMs there to be very friendly and kind.

We are so looking forward to the AKL. We are there for 3 nights and plan on spending most of it at the resort with 2 partial days at AK. Boma is our favorite breakfast on site. We have it two times. We are trying to work Jiko in there as well. We like to go towards the end of August better for crowds but we are going for our friends DDs birthday and it is earlier in the month. Enjoy your vacation and can't wait for the TR!

Congrats to your son!!! Nice morning/afternoon at MK.
Thanks! I still can't believe he is off to university already.....he is very excited though. I am so looking forward to the trip! Were you happy with your FPs?

ADR update!
Of course I have been playing around with my ADRs ever since I booked my FPs. Here's where I am right now......

• Tokyo Dining (cancelled Via Napoli)
  • Yak and Yeti lunch
  • Hollywood Brown Derby dinner
  • Kona Cafe breakfast
  • Liberty Tree Tavern lunch
  • Grand Floridian Cafe breakfast OR 1900 Park Fare (I do love Alice!)
Currently debating plans for Thursday evening but am thinking of Geyser Point, I cancelled my Plaza Restaurant dinner as I am not sure I am going to MK on the Saturday. I'm thinking of something either at Disney Springs, the Boardwalk or Hoop dee Doo review. What would you do? Any recommendations? TIA!

Oooh, we really enjoyed Hoop Dee Doo, so I think I might consider treating myself to that one if I were you! All good options though, so hard to choose...

We did Tokyo Dining in April, coming up soon in my TR, spoiler **loved it**. I am surprised with myself so far I have left the ADR’s alone! You have a good list going!

Oooh, we really enjoyed Hoop Dee Doo, so I think I might consider treating myself to that one if I were you! All good options though, so hard to choose...
I know! I am debating whether to save it for our anniversary trip as DH has never seen it either. I really can't decide!

We did Tokyo Dining in April, coming up soon in my TR, spoiler **loved it**. I am surprised with myself so far I have left the ADR’s alone! You have a good list going!
I can't to hear your full review! I always play with ADRs and am sure I will tweak a few more things before August. 46 more days! :)

ADR update!
Of course I have been playing around with my ADRs ever since I booked my FPs. Here's where I am right now......

• Tokyo Dining (cancelled Via Napoli)
  • Yak and Yeti lunch
  • Hollywood Brown Derby dinner
  • Kona Cafe breakfast
  • Liberty Tree Tavern lunch
  • Grand Floridian Cafe breakfast OR 1900 Park Fare (I do love Alice!)
Currently debating plans for Thursday evening but am thinking of Geyser Point, I cancelled my Plaza Restaurant dinner as I am not sure I am going to MK on the Saturday. I'm thinking of something either at Disney Springs, the Boardwalk or Hoop dee Doo review. What would you do? Any recommendations? TIA!

We love Hoop Dee Doo - we have seen it many times and still love it.

I am so bad at getting over to the pre-trip board, and have been bad at keeping up to date on reports as usual!
I'm so sorry about your niece not being able to go, I know how excited you were about taking her. It really stinks that her dad won't let her go :( I guess I understand.............but it's such a wonderful gesture, and your her AUNT...........but as you said both parents need to be in agreement. Hopefully she takes it ok.

ust have to share a very proud Momma moment.....
my oldest son, Jack, graduated from high school last night!
Congratulations to all of you!!! Love the picture :love:

Currently debating plans for Thursday evening but am thinking of Geyser Point,
My vote is yes, GP :thumbsup2

I'm thinking of something either at Disney Springs, the Boardwalk or Hoop dee Doo review.
Again, vote is for HDDR! Even if you want to do it on your anniversary trip, doing it twice won't make it old or boring. We did it for the first time in 2014 and then again back in March and it was even better the 2nd time! And for whatever reason the food was better lol. Part of me even wants to do it when we go back in Sept. We won't, so then I'm thinking of doing it with the kids in Nov., we had THAT much fun :goodvibes

Following along! So this turned into a solo trip? I'm sorry your niece dropped out, but...solo time!

Mine is the opposite...my solo trip in October turned into a me/Mom trip! She hasn't been to Disney since 2004 so this is long overdue for her. I'm really glad she's coming, but it will be a bit hard to adjust to being there WITH someone. I'm excited to show her the cool new stuff, though. :)

I'm so sorry about your niece not being able to go, I know how excited you were about taking her. It really stinks that her dad won't let her go :( I guess I understand.............but it's such a wonderful gesture, and your her AUNT...........but as you said both parents need to be in agreement. Hopefully she takes it ok.
Thanks Ariane! I am still pretty upset over it all but I have to accept it. I haven't spoken to her about it yet but will be heading to Prince Edward Island (where they live) this week so will have to face them all and hopefully have an open discussion on why this decision was made.

Congratulations to all of you!!! Love the picture :love:
Thank you! We are pretty proud of our boy!

Again, vote is for HDDR! Even if you want to do it on your anniversary trip, doing it twice won't make it old or boring. We did it for the first time in 2014 and then again back in March and it was even better the 2nd time! And for whatever reason the food was better lol. Part of me even wants to do it when we go back in Sept. We won't, so then I'm thinking of doing it with the kids in Nov., we had THAT much fun :goodvibes
So you think it would be ok as a solo experience? I think it could be a lot of fun!

Following along! So this turned into a solo trip? I'm sorry your niece dropped out, but...solo time!
Mine is the opposite...my solo trip in October turned into a me/Mom trip! She hasn't been to Disney since 2004 so this is long overdue for her. I'm really glad she's coming, but it will be a bit hard to adjust to being there WITH someone. I'm excited to show her the cool new stuff, though. :)
I'm still sad about it as it wasn't her choice not to go (nor mine) but I am trying to embrace the positives. On the other hand, how nice for you and your mom!

So you think it would be ok as a solo experience? I think it could be a lot of fun!

Yes I do! They're interactive with the audience, so whether they actually come to you or you just get to watch them with everyone else, there's lots of action except for part of the time in the beginning. Also I don't know if they have tables for 1 (2) or if they'd seat you with someone? Probably not, I don't think I've ever seen that but I do believe you'd enjoy it solo :)

Just have to share a very proud Momma moment.....
my oldest son, Jack, graduated from high school last night!
Congrats!

Do you ever feel a bit sad when you are writing about the last of your trip in your PTR?
Yes, every single time.

(hello Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake!)
Yum!!!

"Can Susan figure out a way to stay in Disney forever???"
Tracy is trying to figure out the same :laughing:

You can say next month - how exciting!!! :hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!