"It's Complicated" October 2019 Link to Disneyland Report

I'm joining in! Sounds like a fun trip, I'm looking forward to reading more, especially about the Yacht Club!

The ticket issue is frustrating. We also had some issues on our recent trip because Disney really does make ticketing just so COMPLICATED. Hoping it wasn't too much of an issue for your trip!

Love the nails and the fact that you have both coffee filters and bubble fan in your luggage - that's what I call organised :thumbsup2
Can't wait to read more :rotfl2::goodvibes

Hi Dee!
Haven’t been on the YC/BC thread in forever but looked today and found this! So happy you decided to write a TR. I do miss them.
I kinda feel your pain with Ben. Conor graduated this year as well but is at the community college , so not living away but I hardly see him.
My DH Marc and I are doing our annual F & W trip next weekend. Can’t wait!!

Following along! Loved all the past trip photos!

:welcome:

Thanks you so much for joining in!

Looks like I am a couple of reports behind on your trips!

I'll try to catch up!

:goodvibes

Looking forward to reading about your trip!:flower:

Thanks for joining in!

:cool1:

I'd be curious to hear if Guest services helped you with the ticket.

*snip*

~NM

*spoiler alert* Guest services changed my start date without batting an eye.

Even with these issues I ordered tickets from UT for a February trip to DL. Before doing so, I did a chat (which I screenshot) confirming that the expiration date of the tickets would be after the trip. The ticket voucher says they expire Jan 12, 2021 so I *should* be all set.

::yes::

I'm joining in! Sounds like a fun trip, I'm looking forward to reading more, especially about the Yacht Club!

The ticket issue is frustrating. We also had some issues on our recent trip because Disney really does make ticketing just so COMPLICATED. Hoping it wasn't too much of an issue for your trip!

I'll have lots of info and pictures of the Yacht Club, but it will take me a little while to "get there". I have already started posting pictures over on the FAQ thread.

I had a couple of visits to Guest Services on this trip for ticket issues that Disney could not resolve by phone before the trip.

:sad2:

I’m already enjoying your trip report. Looking forward to the rest.

I bet it will seem just like you were there!

:rotfl2:

Love the nails and the fact that you have both coffee filters and bubble fan in your luggage - that's what I call organised :thumbsup2
Can't wait to read more :rotfl2::goodvibes

And a plastic baggie of wool. I really do pack to be prepared for all occasions!

::yes::

Hi Dee! Glad to see you back doing another TR! I'm definitely in :)

Love your nails! Sounds like you made it down there smoothly!

Thanks for the nice comment about the nails. I can count the number of manicures I have had in my life on two hands (HA!). Since I work on a farm and I am often digging in the dirt, I don't bother in my "real life" but it is nice to have pretty nails on vacation, especially when they will be starring in a trip report!

Yes, the arrival was smooth and NOT complicated.

I'm in and following along (although I can guess at how some of your stories will end). :)

Hey!

⌚

Hi Dee!
Haven’t been on the YC/BC thread in forever but looked today and found this! So happy you decided to write a TR. I do miss them.
I kinda feel your pain with Ben. Conor graduated this year as well but is at the community college , so not living away but I hardly see him.
My DH Marc and I are doing our annual F & W trip next weekend. Can’t wait!!

Hi!!!!

It has been awhile. Hope all is going well with you and your family.

Thanks so much for joining in!

:dogdance:

Your nails look really nice.
I already figured out that you were organized, but to have Mark’s bag packed already so that he didn’t have to take one on his flight was pretty good planning.
Great job on the arch picture. :)

I really hate those date based tickets. What a mess that must make when people change plans. I’m glad it worked for you.

Hi Dee! So glad you're doing another trip report!

Both boys in college?! Where does the time go? How is your dad doing?

Your nails are too cute. What a nice honor to Rebecca, too.

Lately, my trips have been 4-5 days. I actually enjoy this amount of time as it allows time to see what is new and revisit the old favorites. Fall is such a great time for Disney.

I have a question. I noticed you took the Magical Express your first day to OKW, but your name was not on that reservation. Was that an issue? I've always wondered about that.

Your nails look really nice.
I already figured out that you were organized, but to have Mark’s bag packed already so that he didn’t have to take one on his flight was pretty good planning.
Great job on the arch picture. :)

I really hate those date based tickets. What a mess that must make when people change plans. I’m glad it worked for you.

This was the same nail design I had for the 2017 trip. I brought in a picture from the past trip for the manicurist to copy.

Mark tried to convince me that one bag was the way to go, but I figured if I transferred both bags on Friday morning that the bag we needed for POP would be available by Mark's evening arrival and the YC bag would be delivered on Friday afternoon as well, so would be there when we checked in on Saturday.

It took a little bit of advanced planning like asking Mark "So, do you know what you will be wearing to Animal Kingdom on Saturday?"

I put the "Dee" in OCD!

:rolleyes1

Thanks, I took a few shots to get the arch picture but it was much better than I thought I would get from that far back from the windshield.

Hi Dee! So glad you're doing another trip report!

Both boys in college?! Where does the time go? How is your dad doing?

Your nails are too cute. What a nice honor to Rebecca, too.

Lately, my trips have been 4-5 days. I actually enjoy this amount of time as it allows time to see what is new and revisit the old favorites. Fall is such a great time for Disney.

I have a question. I noticed you took the Magical Express your first day to OKW, but your name was not on that reservation. Was that an issue? I've always wondered about that.

Hi Annie! :welcome:

So glad to see you here!

Yes, both boys are in college and Nate graduates in May.

My dad is doing well. Thanks for asking! His mind is sharp, but his balance and strength are poor, which really bothers him. He keeps me busy. This week, I am taking him to 2 appointments tomorrow, I am hosting 20 people from his senior apartment complex at the farm where I work to meet and feed the animals, on Thursday he has another appointment...

I find I can do most of the things I want in a 4-5 day trip as well.

I was actually a legal guest of OKW. Since this was a DVC reservation, my friend was able to add me for the time I was a guest there. The villas are paid per room, not per person. So sorry I can't clarify your burning question!

Glad you were able to fix your ticket without an issue.

I'm trying to squeeze in a trip right before our AP expire. I think we are going to downgrade them, since i have no desire to go christmas or easter week.

Glad you were able to fix your ticket without an issue.

I'm trying to squeeze in a trip right before our AP expire. I think we are going to downgrade them, since i have no desire to go christmas or easter week.

Yes, it was a relief that I didn't have to cry or scream or pull out any evidence. had an email from Guest Relations that said I should be able to make the change when I arrived. I didn't want to make a fuss if they tried to charge me- but I would have!

Sounds like a smart way to save some money with your Annual Pass. I am not interested in going at those ridiculously busy times either. Where/when is the trip you are thinking about?

On With the Shows

The Hospitality House was a short, maybe 3-4 minute walk from the room we had at Old Key West. I’ll post pictures of the resort as part of my usual morning walkabout the following morning.

Bus board reported the next ride would arrive in about 10 minutes. It was accurate.

First stop when I arrived was Guest Services. There was just one person/group ahead of me. My turn came, I explained that I had purchased a date-specific ticket starting tomorrow, changed my arrival date by one day and I’m here now and I want to go to the park.

No problem! Took about 3 minutes and I was good to go.

My friends had a busy morning at Hollywood Studios before my arrival, with a day planned around all of the things an almost 3-year-old girl would love. I was so excited that I was going to see part of the trip from that perspective.

I believe they arrived at the park sometime around 7-7:30 am and headed for Star Wars Land. I had a chance to check that out with Mark on our departure day. My friends had a reservation for “lunch” at 10:10 at Oga’s Cantina. If you have looked at the menu there, you know that it is pretty much a liquid lunch as they don’t really serve actual food.

Then my friend ~N and her granddaughter ~S designed a droid. They told me the process was very complicated and the CMs there had to help a lot. But ~N got to use an electric screwdriver so she was excited about that.

They spent some time in Toy Story land and went to meet some characters. Unfortunately, while they were in a meet with Olaf, their personal Maclaren stroller was taken! The lot there is small and out of the way of the main pathways. ~N checked to see if it had been moved by a CM, but it was not. As they were walking through the park a few minutes later, they overheard another family talking about their stroller going missing, and later in the trip, a family in the MK met the same fate.

So, heed the warning that if you need a stroller for your child(ren) for a trip to Disney, it is best to either bring a cheaper model or rent one from an offsite location. There are some pretty sketchy people out there!

Disney gave my friends a voucher for a stroller rental for the rest of the day and then she ordered a rental, a Cadillac of strollers complete with Lo-jack tracking, for the remainder of the trip, to be delivered the next day.

I am caught up now with my friends’ trip, and with my friends, just before the start of Beauty and the Beast.

I had invited one of the frequent posters to the Beach Club FAQ board, AGoofyKindaGirl, to join us for the day. She lives and works locally (almost in the shadow of Spaceship Earth) and is as sweet in person as she is on the boards. I’ll call her ~GG (Goofy’s Girl) for the remainder of this account for reasons that will become obvious in an upcoming update.

It has been years since I have seen Beauty & the Beast. The show was a no-go during family trips and class trips with ‘tween boys. I think I saw it one year by myself while the boys were getting their adventure on at Indiana Jones.

Having spent the past 10 years immersed in a local community theatre group, I appreciated the talent and staging of this show. But the very best thing about this production, and all the shows we would attend in the next few days, was watching ~S as she was mesmerized by the shows. It was absolutely magical!

And now we invite you to relax and pull up a chair as we proudly present…

The back of this guy’s head!

Cropped him out! That’s better!

After the show we took a snack break and I had a little issue I had to deal with.

Earlier in the report, I told you that we had dinner plans for a large group at Via Napoli. Originally, the reservation was for 8 people at 4:15 pm (me, Janet, ~N, ~S, Sue & her DH, our CM friend Lauren and another friend from the BC FAQ thread, ~sw). Lauren told me it would be tough for her to make it to the reservation in time because she was working, so a few days before the trip, I called and was able to split our group into 2 reservations of 4 each, for 5:25 pm and 5:40 pm.

Unfortunately, one of the friends who was going to join us, ~sw, had to return home earlier than planned, however ~GG was able to take her dining spot. Earlier that day, Lauren informed me that she had picked up an extra shift at work, so she wouldn’t make it at all. Then, I heard from our friend Teena who said she cancelled her original dinner plans and that she and her granddaughter Lily could join us.

Perfect! Almost…

We now had 2 reservations, at slightly different times, for a total of 8 people, but we now had 9 planning to come.

It’s complicated.

During our snack break, I tried calling Via Napoli directly to see if they could accommodate our group, but I got kicked over to Disney Dining Reservations, with a 20 minute wait time.

Sue, and Disney Signature Services to the rescue! During our snack break, I texted this note to Sue to see if the club level concierge services could help us.

They called Via Napoli directly, and we were told we should show up at 5:20 and they would try to honor our request to be together, but no guarantees.

You’ll have to wait a couple of updates to see how that worked out.

That settled, or at least settled as much as it would be until we arrived at the restaurant, I needed to Let It Go! Literally. It was time to go to the Frozen show.

As the mother of boys, who are now young adults/men, Frozen was not part of our Disney history. I watched the movie once, with Ben. Mark has never seen it. However, this was my second time seeing this show. In 2016, when I was visiting Teena and helping her pack for her move to Vegas, she insisted that I see it.

It was good then- hilarious hosts, great songs, enthusiastic audience, SNOAP! It was great now. Watching ~S at the show was so much fun. She belted out the tunes and waved her arms when it was time to make snow. The show next to me made the show in front of me so much better.

When that show was done it was time for:

The Scariest Ride at WDW

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!