"It's Complicated" October 2019 Link to Disneyland Report

Glad everything worked out with your tickets.

What a shame about the stolen Maclaren Stroller! I know those things aren't cheap. I can't say I'm surprised considering there is no way to police the stroller parking areas. How do some people sleep at night?

I love Beauty & the Beast! That's one of my favorite shows in Disney.

Dee, I can't tell you how many of those Habitat for Humanity notepads I have around my house and desk drawers at work. That's one of my favorite charities.

How awesome to experience Frozen Ever After with an almost three year old! There's nothing like it!

I love the B&TB and Frozen shows! I'm glad you got to fit both in.

Unfortunately, while they were in a meet with Olaf, their personal Maclaren stroller was taken! The lot there is small and out of the way of the main pathways. ~N checked to see if it had been moved by a CM, but it was not. As they were walking through the park a few minutes later, they overheard another family talking about their stroller going missing, and later in the trip, a family in the MK met the same fate.

This is terrible! I'm always so worried about our stroller, but thankfully we've not had issues. There were a few times where it was "missing" but we found that it had just been moved to a different stroller parking by a CM. I agree though, I wouldn't bring a new stroller to WDW.

Bus board reported the next ride would arrive in about 10 minutes. It was accurate
:thumbsup2
No problem! Took about 3 minutes and I was good to go.
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
N got to use an electric screwdriver so she was excited about that.
:rotfl:Glad N enjoyed the experience with the screwdriver :thumbsup2
Unfortunately, while they were in a meet with Olaf, their personal Maclaren stroller was taken!
This makes me so angry! Bad enough that they're thieves but to knowingly ruin someone's precious vacation with their youngest family members is just vile!😠
I had invited one of the frequent posters to the Beach Club FAQ board, AGoofyKindaGirl, to join us for the day. She lives and works locally (almost in the shadow of Spaceship Earth) and is as sweet in person as she is on the boards.
Lucky girl working so close to the most wonderful place in the world :)
So glad you were able to enjoy each others company and looking forward to finding out why GG is GG :confused3

And now we invite you to relax and pull up a chair as we proudly present…

The back of this guy’s head!
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:Sounds like we all need to borrow a 3 year old girl like S to really enjoy the shows :goodvibes My only daughter turns 30 this Sunday so it's been quite a few years since we saw these shows (Frozen didn't exist for me either though I borrowed a niece or 2 and we saw the movie). My boys wont do the shows or Ariel under the Sea since they were about 4 years but I always enjoyed them :)
They called Via Napoli directly, and we were told we should show up at 5:20 and they would try to honor our request to be together, but no guarantees.
:goodvibesHoping that everything works out and you all sit together without too much hassle :)

My eldest helped to build homes for refugees with Habitat for Humanity. They work with the older kids at school and offer opportunities to get involved helping others. Great charity!

Which ride do you consider the scariest of all in WDW-that's what I'm wondering :scared1:

Last edited:
Sounds like a good time seeing the shows at DHS!

I was really looking forward to spending time with my friends, especially S, the 3 year old and I was not disappointed at all. It was fun getting to do some different Disney experiences than I normally do on trips.

::yes::

Glad everything worked out with your tickets.

What a shame about the stolen Maclaren Stroller! I know those things aren't cheap. I can't say I'm surprised considering there is no way to police the stroller parking areas. How do some people sleep at night?

I love Beauty & the Beast! That's one of my favorite shows in Disney.

Dee, I can't tell you how many of those Habitat for Humanity notepads I have around my house and desk drawers at work. That's one of my favorite charities.

How awesome to experience Frozen Ever After with an almost three year old! There's nothing like it!

The stroller incident was definitely a low point.

The staging and costumes for Beauty & the Beast are incredible.

Habitat is a great charity and the notepads are one of the nicer incentives to give. Truly, who needs more address labels? My niece Ally has been working on projects for Habitat in Iowa this past year.

I can't describe the experience of watching Frozen with S as anything other than magical!

:butterfly

Oh.... New nickname-GG! I like it!

Excellent!

:goodvibes

I love the B&TB and Frozen shows! I'm glad you got to fit both in.

This is terrible! I'm always so worried about our stroller, but thankfully we've not had issues. There were a few times where it was "missing" but we found that it had just been moved to a different stroller parking by a CM. I agree though, I wouldn't bring a new stroller to WDW.

The shows produced for Disney theme parks (and cruises) are one of the the things they excel at more than any place other than Broadway. They have a great stock of movies to draw from.

Just catching up! What a great title for the Report- sounds complicated already! :)

LOVE the orange pinky in honor of R! <3

:welcome:

There were many aspects of this trip that were complicated. In a few updates, I make that declaration to a cast member, which was the basis for my title. Now, whenever my husband and I hear someone say "It's complicated" he remarks that they are stealing my phrase.

Rebecca and her family are on my mind often, but even more while I am at Disneyworld, the place where we made so many unforgettable memories with friends.

:grouphug:

:rotfl:Glad N enjoyed the experience with the screwdriver :thumbsup2

That may have been the highlight.

This makes me so angry! Bad enough that they're thieves but to knowingly ruin someone's precious vacation with their youngest family members is just vile!😠

Infuriating!

This is apparently a bigger problem than I realized and we spent more than a few moments on the trip trying to come up with ways for Disney to address the issue.

Lucky girl working so close to the most wonderful place in the world :)
So glad you were able to enjoy each others company and looking forward to finding out why GG is GG :confused3

It's an engaging story!

Sounds like we all need to borrow a 3 year old girl like S to really enjoy the shows :goodvibes My only daughter turns 30 this Sunday so it's been quite a few years since we saw these shows (Frozen didn't exist for me either though I borrowed a niece or 2 and we saw the movie). My boys wont do the shows or Ariel under the Sea since they were about 4 years but I always enjoyed them :)

Watching S enjoying the shows we attended was the highlight of the trip.

Hoping that everything works out and you all sit together without too much hassle :)

My eldest helped to build homes for refugees with Habitat for Humanity. They work with the older kids at school and offer opportunities to get involved helping others. Great charity!

Disney magic!

I did not know that. Thanks for sharing about your connection to Habitat for Humanity.

Which ride do you consider the scariest of all in WDW-that's what I'm wondering :scared1:

🚡

Eldest helped build houses in Downpatrick. She had a choice of there or Africa but given that she couldn’t go to the end of the road without being homesick we encouraged the spot closer to home 😂
Proud mummy moment- a few years ago when my youngest was little he kept asking me why our neighbour was always running past the house and I explained she was training to run a marathon to raise money for Habitat for Humanity. When I explained what that was he went to his room and brought back his moneybox and told me “ I have everything I need give Anita my money” To this day I get a lump in my throat when I remember that day- sometimes you just know you’re raising a decent human being. Love that boy :love:
She gave him her medal which was incredibly generous of her and it hangs in his bedroom 🏅

Loving your report so far! Still on the first page, but have to give a shout out to UNH! Go Wildcats!! Congrats on your youngest being accepted to GWU too! And I LOVE your outfits!

Loving your report so far! Still on the first page, but have to give a shout out to UNH! Go Wildcats!! Congrats on your youngest being accepted to GWU too! And I LOVE your outfits!

Are you a Wildcat?

We are a very proud Wildcat family: My dad went to UNH (1960), My husband and I are both grads (1987, no we didn't meet there), my son Nate is a senior, my nephew, a few cousins attended.

wildcats logo.png

Ben didn't even look at the school, but it really wasn't right for what he is studying.

Are you a Wildcat?

We are a very proud Wildcat family: My dad went to UNH (1960), My husband and I are both grads (1987, no we didn't meet there), my son Nate is a senior, my nephew, a few cousins attended.

View attachment 445224

Ben didn't even look at the school, but it really wasn't right for what he is studying.

Yes! We have have spent a couple of years there together! Graduated in 1989!

The Hospitality House was a short, maybe 3-4 minute walk from the room we had at Old Key West. I’ll post pictures of the resort as part of my usual morning walkabout the following morning.
You were lucky to be so close to Hospitality House. We stayed in a building that was in the middle of the resort area when we stayed at OKW several years ago, so we could not avoid riding buses through the whole resort. But we loved our 2br villa. It was huge.
It has been years since I have seen Beauty & the Beast. The show was a no-go during family trips and class trips with ‘tween boys. I think I saw it one year by myself while the boys were getting their adventure on at Indiana Jones.
I usually only get to watch this show when there are lots of women in the group. :)
Watching ~S at the show was so much fun. She belted out the tunes and waved her arms when it was time to make snow. The show next to me made the show in front of me so much better.
We have been to the Frozen Sing Along a few times, since DH doesn't hate this one. I love watching the kids singing and doing the hand motions. I wish we were with you to see S-. It would have been adorable.

Last edited:
Eldest helped build houses in Downpatrick. She had a choice of there or Africa but given that she couldn’t go to the end of the road without being homesick we encouraged the spot closer to home 😂
Proud mummy moment- a few years ago when my youngest was little he kept asking me why our neighbour was always running past the house and I explained she was training to run a marathon to raise money for Habitat for Humanity. When I explained what that was he went to his room and brought back his moneybox and told me “ I have everything I need give Anita my money” To this day I get a lump in my throat when I remember that day- sometimes you just know you’re raising a decent human being. Love that boy :love:
She gave him her medal which was incredibly generous of her and it hangs in his bedroom 🏅

WTG for your children's commitment and support to Habitats for Humanity. Definitely worthy of proud feelings.

:thumbsup2

Yes! We have have spent a couple of years there together! Graduated in 1989!

Wow! Once again, I will remark that it IS a Small World After All!

I was a math major and Mark was an Electrical and Computer Engineering student, so we hung out in Kingsbury most of the time.

We never lived on campus. Our first 3 years we commuted from our homes. Then, in 1986 between our junior and senior year, we got married so we had an off-campus apartment in Dover. I regret not being more involved in campus life, so I am thrilled that Nate has made good friends in his dorms and classes.

:teacher:

You were lucky to be so close to Hospitality House. We stayed in a building that was in the middle of the resort area, so we could not avoid riding buses through the whole resort. But we loved our 2br villa. It was huge.

It was a great location. We were the first stop when the bus returned from the parks and a short walk to HH where we could catch the bus after it had made the rounds through the rest of the resort.

Our hostess knows what she is doing.

I usually only get to watch this show when there are lots of women in the group. :)

::MinnieMo::MinnieMo::MinnieMo::MinnieMo

We have been to the Frozen Sing Along a few times, since DH doesn't hate this one. I love watching the kids singing and doing the hand motions. I wish we were with you to see S-. It would have been adorable.

It was.

The Scariest Ride at WDW

A week before our trip, the new Skyliner system had opened at Disney.

Here’s the info that was in the rooms about the gondolas and the routes.

Even though our friend Teena had warned us not to do it because she got stuck on them earlier in the week, we were all eager to give it a try to get from Hollywood Studios to EPCOT, which is not a direct route.

The views from the air were fantastic, but it was surprising that in a few places, like when you were over France in EPCOT, you could see backstage areas and construction. There are also a couple of different styles of cars. The ones with Character Overlays have impeded views. Both of these flaws can be seen in the picture below:

Climb aboard with us. If you dare!!!

All in all we enjoyed the ride.

Well, one member of our travelling group didn’t really like heights, so the ride was rough for her, especially when some of us were moving around the car to take pictures.

Loading and unloading were quick and easy and even switching lines at Caribbean Beach was not a hassle, although we did notice that the gondolas seemed to come in very fast as they approached the stations.
*cue ominous music*

I didn’t pay as much attention as I should have at how long the trip took, but I think it was somewhere around 30 minutes total. Comparable to walking or the Friendship boats, but a bit more comfortable than those modes of transport since there was a nice breeze when we were moving.

Initial reaction: I would do it again. And I did, later in the trip, before it was too late.

Next Up: A Well-Oiled and Engaging Character Interaction

Last edited:
Great pictures from the gondolas! Which pool do they go over? I'm not sure I'd love to be in a pool with gondolas going over me haha. Still not sure if I would go on these, but it's nice to have another transportation option and looks like you had some great views along the way.

A week before our trip, the new Skyliner system had opened at Disney.

Here’s the info that was in the rooms about the gondolas and the routes.
We didn't have the Skyliner information letter in our room. But we rode the Skyliner before our room was ready, so the letter would not have told us anything new.
Well, one member of our travelling group didn’t really like heights, so the ride was rough for her, especially when some of us were moving around the car to take pictures.
DH would not like it if someone moved around in the Skyliner gondola we were in. It is a good thing no one did that when we rode it. ;)
You got great pictures. I love the picture of the swimmers in the CBR pool.

Initial reaction: I would do it again. And I did, later in the trip, before it was too late.
The first time we rode it from International Gateway to AoA/Pop. The second time was IG to DHS, just hours before it was too late. We had fun riding it and wouldn't hesitate to ride it again. :)

Great pictures from the gondolas! Which pool do they go over? I'm not sure I'd love to be in a pool with gondolas going over me haha. Still not sure if I would go on these, but it's nice to have another transportation option and looks like you had some great views along the way.

Thanks!

Based on the other pictures and the roof next to the pool, I think it is Caribbean Beach. But if I am wrong, someone please correct me.

I would not enjoy that either, for a number of reasons.

Just like the monorail, we concluded that it IS indeed a ride.

::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter