It's finally coming true! WDW MARCH 2010 PTR

mom2fourprincesses

Earning My Ears

OK, so this is my first post, and first PTR. We are planning our trip for March 10-22, 2010.

DH and I went in May 2008 for two days, with no kids for our anniversary. We had always wanted to go, and just happened to be in town at the time. We did three parks, in two days... and boy did our feet hurt at the end of each night. We did not know what we were missing before....we are now both obsessed with Disney! DH got me an internet radio for Christmas and I always make him tune it to the latest Dis podcast while I am making dinner. I haven't quite mastered finding podcasts on it yet. ;)

We had previously planned to be there on free dining back in September right after the birth of our youngest DD, but my husband's company was talking strike, so we had to postpone. :( It was a very sad day when that happened.

We started talking about Disney again when I figured out our income tax refund. We were surprised at the amount and I said, sort of, but not really jokingly, hmm, we could do disney with that! That is all it took for DH (also on the disboards, although he posts more than me) to agree. DH has been reading these reports and telling me about them since June of last year.

SO, here we are four weeks later. Income tax in bank...hotel and flights paid for. Tickets purchased. WE ARE GOING! No turning back now! :cool1:

Our kids (all girls) at the time of the trip will be 7 months, 6 yr, 10 yr, and 11 yr. I think we are more excited than they are! This is not only their first trip to Disney, but our first REAL family vacation (that is not visiting relatives) and also their first plane ride!

A couple nights ago, I made a countdown chain...the first thing I thought, and DH said...It's WAY TOO LONG! LOL I can't help but think to myself...four weeks from right now...we will be just getting back to our hotel from Magic Kingdom! :cloud9:

At first we had planned to stay on site, but after pricing...we just decided that we would rather stay offsite, and be able to have more days at the parks...than less days and stay onsite. Since we do have a baby, we wanted to have plenty of time and not have to rush around like last time.

I told my friend that work with about our trip, and they have decided to come as well. Although, they homeschool, so they are coming a week earlier. We will have five days together. I am a contractor for a home based business company...so I have only "seen" this friend once in the five years...but we talk constantly. I'm excited to actually be able to spend time with her and her family.

So, now I am just down to the pre trip shopping. Figuring out the packing situation and doing this all on a budget. I am considering using gardengrocer for diapers and snack food to take to the parks. Our hotel has laundry, so we are just packing 4-5 outfits each, and I'll wash, to save $$ on baggage.

DID I MENTION I AM SO SO SO EXCITED! :yay:

Congrats on the booking. WDW was also our first "not family" vacation with the kids, and it's a great one to do!

Can't wait to hear more! :thumbsup2

"family vactions" to visit the family, never seem like vacations! It always seems you are more tired when you get home than when you left home to start. :) Hence the reason we are going for 10 days....hopefully we can factor some rest in and still see most of the parks. :thumbsup2

OK, so I am supposed to be working right now (I work from home) but I thought I needed to post an update. It is so easy to get sucked into all things Disney! Night before last I booked our transportation to/from the airport with FL tours. It was the least expensive I found, and I priced tons! Round trip from MCO to Orlando Vista is $124. Three weeks from right now, we will be ON that bus on the way to our hotel! yay! DH and I were just talking about that...and how it's gonna be SO hard to sleep that first night! Our flight gets in at like 10:30pm...so straight to the hotel for us.

I have a list a mile long of things I want to or need to do before we leave. I'm kinda glad though, since it will keep my mind off how long it is still. Things like making a grocery list of things I want to get at Walmart so I only have to go once, printing out flight info, hotel info, etc., getting my work done for the month, finding a coupon for parking at our airport, and booking kennel time for our dog. I still need to work on our matching shirts, and I think I need one more carry on size bag. (i have been shopping goodwill for these)

I am praying the kids don't spill the beans at school before we leave about Disney World. Our school district seems to think they own our kids. It is very very frustrating. When we had originally booked our trip back in September, I asked administration if they thought it would be better to get homework before or after, as we were gonna take them out for a week. We didn't think anything of this, since our kids don't struggle in school, and felt justified by the fact that our youngest DD was only born on 7-17, so it wasn't like we could really do vacation over the summer. I was then informed by admin, that if we took them out of school for a week for Disney, or any vacation, other than a death in the family, that they would send the truancy officer to our door, fine us $500, and take us to court. I couldn't believe it. It was NEVER like that when DH and I were in school. SO, after reading the handbook, I found a loop....they can't miss more than 3 consecutive days in a six week period....so they are missing 2. :D I guess by now you have figured out that I am quite feisty! lol. Our oldest is actually missing 2.5 because we had the bright idea to schedule her dental cleaning (which is excused) the day we leave, so we can get her out early, and leave for the airport when the elementary kids get home. Schneaky huh! :) :littleangel:

Well, back to watching Ratatouille and working....love that movie. :surfweb: I can't work in complete silence at night, it creeps me out.

I can't wait to have some REAL updates, like, "well we went to MK today." lol. soon soon !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter