It's gonna be an oven, but WE'RE GOING TO WDW in AUGUST!!! Final thoughts

So true. Sometimes at home when there is nothing else to eat I have pb&j on a hotdog bun lol and after I'm always like "that was really good, I should do it more" lol
I know!!!

Yeehaw Bob seems like such a nice guy and I can't believe how long he has been doing that show.
I really need to get over there to watch him. I'm amazed at how long he's been at it, too :thumbsup2 And he has such a huge following, which I love :goodvibes

And also I love that people going by on the boats see you and are all "what are they doing back there" lol
Yes!!! :laughing:

So sad. I can't believe I've been home for more than a week now. Ugh.
I know... I'm close to a week now myself, too :sad2:

I really need to get over there to watch him. I'm amazed at how long he's been at it, too :thumbsup2 And he has such a huge following, which I love :goodvibes

It seriously is worth the trek over there. It is kind of a pain to get there if you aren't staying nearby, but well worth it. I had heard lots of people on here say he was a lot of fun, and then also another old university friend who just revealed to me how much of a WDW fan she is, told me how much she and her family like seeing him, so all those reviews sealed the deal and I'm so glad we made the effort this trip. My only complaint is I wish he came on earlier so that the kids could enjoy more of the show before it gets really late, but then I guess this way it can be both for kids and those without kids!

So I'm not really sure what to do with this TR now that sadly the trip is long over...sigh...

Should I just use this space to daydream about future trips until one becomes a real possibility??....or would that just be even sadder since I have no idea when that might be...

Does anyone care to read IRL updates around here that don't have anything to do with WDW? Hmmm it's not that exciting...other than the fact that I have been wearing my Disney clothing at home more than usual because it just makes being at home more fun.....

Anyone have an opinion? WWYD?

Should I just use this space to daydream about future trips until one becomes a real possibility??
I VOTE YES!!! :thumbsup2 Who doesn't want a space to day dream? Especially when we're all here to validate all those dreams, and dream along with you! :goodvibes

Also, I've been enjoying your posts on Instagram, so feel free to do that kind of stuff, too!

I VOTE YES!!! :thumbsup2 Who doesn't want a space to day dream? Especially when we're all here to validate all those dreams, and dream along with you! :goodvibes

Thanks for the vote!! I will do. I probably won't be as frequent with posting as when there is an actual trip in the works, but will come out once in a while :)) Although lately a little thought has been in my head about looking up the Run Disney events for 2018 and trying to find a way to get to one...stay tuned!

Also, I've been enjoying your posts on Instagram, so feel free to do that kind of stuff, too!

Thanks!! Yes I do post quite a lot there and on FB :) some feel a bit TOO much lol. A lot of it is running stuff as much to keep me motivated as anything else lol

I'm glad to finally be caught up on here, and sorry that we didn't end up getting our Dismeet! It sounds like you had a wonderful girls' getaway with your DD and everything worked out pretty much perfectly! Thanks so much for giving the live updates so we could all be a part of your adventure :)

I'm glad to finally be caught up on here, and sorry that we didn't end up getting our Dismeet! It sounds like you had a wonderful girls' getaway with your DD and everything worked out pretty much perfectly! Thanks so much for giving the live updates so we could all be a part of your adventure :)

Yeah it was too bad, but I totally understand. Your trip and wedding sounded fantastic from what I saw!!

It's pretty quiet around here, which I guess is actually a good thing! My kids went back to school this week, but for them it's pretty unusual. They do this thing where they have a normal first day, they go and meet all their teachers etc, but then they go away for a three day whole school "camp" thing. My son is an old pro and he says all the grade 10's do is play cards, but my DD was pretty nervous about the whole thing. She called me on Wednesday night and she was really home sick and begging me to go get her. I felt bad saying no, but not only did I not want to drive 2 hours at 9pm to go get her, but I knew she would never live that down if she was the kid who went home on the first night of camp during her first year at a new school...so I was tough and she survived. Though she says she is going to refuse to go back next year. Luckily that's a long way away - hopefully she forgets about it.

I don't know about you guys but I'm pretty worried about Florida right now. WDW and Orlando of course, but also we have a lot of friends and family down in Boca and Naples, and my parents' house down there. I mean the house is only "stuff" and it's all insured, but still very scary for all those people down there. I really just have to hope it moves away or is not as bad as they are predicting for the whole state.

Anyway, tonight I am doing a 10K race - called the Pure Protein Night Run. They give you a head lamp as part of the race kit (which is why a lot of people sign up lol) but it should be a fun one!

Awww, poor DD but you absolutely did the right thing. I was just like your DD once upon a time and did the same thing to my poor mother. She said no and I am so grateful she did.

Ugh, I know it. It's hard to think about anything else than the hurricane and all the people who have been or will be effected by it. I'm with you, the only thing we can do is hope it's not as bad as predicted.

I'm excited to hear about your run - saw the picture last night on Instagram! :thumbsup2

Awww, poor DD but you absolutely did the right thing. I was just like your DD once upon a time and did the same thing to my poor mother. She said no and I am so grateful she did.

Yeah the second night, she called again and I was worried she would still be wanting me to pick her up, but turns out she just wanted to say hi! But she was ok. Although she is already saying she doesn't want to go to the camp next year at the start of school (but it's mandatory for everyone...so...) I just kept saying, "we have a whole year to worry about that..." and then quickly tried to change the subject.

Ugh, I know it. It's hard to think about anything else than the hurricane and all the people who have been or will be effected by it. I'm with you, the only thing we can do is hope it's not as bad as predicted.

I am glued to CNN. I can't believe the pictures of Miami. We have been in all those spots and it's just terrifying and sad. I am still worried for the places it hasn't hit yet and will be nervous to turn on the news tomorrow am.

I'm excited to hear about your run - saw the picture last night on Instagram! :thumbsup2

Thanks! The run was a lot of fun. Only, it was kind of hard to see in the dark - we had headlamps, but when people were coming towards you it was blinding. I was kind of worried I would trip or run into someone. That is my excuse for why it took me 1:18 for a 10K lol.

I am glued to CNN. I can't believe the pictures of Miami. We have been in all those spots and it's just terrifying and sad. I am still worried for the places it hasn't hit yet and will be nervous to turn on the news tomorrow am.
I know, I am too. I'm anxious to hear how my dad's neighbors made out (he lives in the Tampa area) because they decided to stick it out. The pictures and video are just so terrible :sad1:

The run was a lot of fun.
So glad to hear it! And regardless of your time... you did it! And that's a huge accomplishment! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter