It's gonna be an oven, but WE'RE GOING TO WDW in AUGUST!!! Final thoughts

Our tour was 2 hours long. I thought it was going to be 45 minutes to an hour. We were at 12:30 and originally I had Chefs de France booked for 2PM, but we canceled it a couple days before since we had already been eating too much and we wanted to visit the kiosks more than sit down meals.

Oh wow you had a long tour! I just looked back at my TR from Feb last year and our tour was indeed an hour long (thankful I wrote a TR because I couldn't remember for sure!)
@KathyM2 here's the post from my previous TR about the Behind the Seeds tour.

Sunday August 13th - RD at Epcot, stay until around 1:00pm, walk to Boardwalk/BC for ice cream (maybe B&C or Ample Hills), then back to CR, then evening at Poly hopefully with @chunkymonkey and anyone else who can join us maybe at Trader Sam's!
oohh maybe we will see you at Epcot! I have a PPO at GG that morning, some early day FP, then chill and play by ear until 7pm Rose & crown ADR (hoping my newly minted CM/DCP daughter will be able to join us!)-depends on the time at Trader Sam's if I can zip over there too! I thought our plans overlapped somewhere LOL!

Our tour was 2 hours long. I thought it was going to be 45 minutes to an hour. We were at 12:30 and originally I had Chefs de France booked for 2PM, but we canceled it a couple days before since we had already been eating too much and we wanted to visit the kiosks more than sit down meals.

Wow that's seriously long. I wonder if that happens a lot? Well I'm hoping it will be somewhere between all the estimates I've heard...from 45 mins to your long one...

I just looked back at my TR from Feb last year and our tour was indeed an hour long

That's more in line with what I thought it would be...though I guess if it's long that means they are being really thorough!!

Anyway...I ended up biting the bullet and calling. I couldn't handle being all that spontaneous lol!! So I booked the 10:30 so hopefully we will get out in time for lunch. We don't have an ADR so it doesn't have to be at a certain time, but I know we will be hungry anyway...

oohh maybe we will see you at Epcot! I have a PPO at GG that morning,

Hey that would be great!!!

oohh maybe we will see you at Epcot! I have a PPO at GG that morning, some early day FP, then chill and play by ear until 7pm Rose & crown ADR (hoping my newly minted CM/DCP daughter will be able to join us!)-depends on the time at Trader Sam's if I can zip over there too! I thought our plans overlapped somewhere LOL!

I just looked at my FP's for that day and I think we were going to try to get on Soarin' asap at RD when we get to Epcot! If you are finished breakfast maybe we can see you around there or ride with us!!

I just looked at my FP's for that day and I think we were going to try to get on Soarin' asap at RD when we get to Epcot! If you are finished breakfast maybe we can see you around there or ride with us!!
THis would be great :)

Excellent plans!! Hopefully we can squeeze in a meet sometime on the 18th. We can chat about it!

And I absolutely agree about getting nervous about the heat! I'm convinced I'll have an awful lot of pool/AC time...

THis would be great :)

That would be fun! I have your cell number so hopefully it will work out!

Excellent plans!! Hopefully we can squeeze in a meet sometime on the 18th. We can chat about it!

Sounds great! I can't remember where you will be that day lol...probably getting married or something lol. I can't keep everyone's plans and PTR's straight lol

So apparently what you need is a spreadsheet of everyone else's schedules, so you can coordinate your Dismeets!

Sounds great! I can't remember where you will be that day lol...probably getting married or something lol. I can't keep everyone's plans and PTR's straight lol

The 18th I'll be mostly at MK, with the possibility of a short afternoon break, and with dinner at Ohana that night. Crossing my fingers for us!

@Monykalyn @KathyM2 - how do you know I haven't already added a new row to my spreadsheets for all my DISmeets? :rolleyes1
I think we overlap at DAK on the 12th? I currently have ROL Tiffins for lunch at 1:15 and a dinner at Tiffins at 5:55 (with a safari FP 7-8 hoping to catch sunset). Undecided which one to keep-as with a 2nd RoL that day not sure the package is worth it (hello AP discount at dinner:))
And hoping to catch @KathyM2 at Soarin on our epcot day!

how do you know I haven't already added a new row to my spreadsheets for all my DISmeets? :rolleyes1

Awesome lol. Hey nobody around here would fault you for excessive spreadsheet usage lol

The 18th I'll be mostly at MK, with the possibility of a short afternoon break, and with dinner at Ohana that night. Crossing my fingers for us!

Well if you are still awake we will be in MK later that day lol :) And thinking of you!!

And hoping to catch @KathyM2 at Soarin on our epcot day!

Yay!!! That would be awesome!!

OK you guys. I seriously need help with posting photos. I just don't get why Photobucket isn't working. I have tried every which way.

Is there another way to get photos on here? I would love to be able to post photos from my upcoming trip more easily...but I don't have the patience if it's really going to be time consuming!!

Suggestions?

OK you guys. I seriously need help with posting photos. I just don't get why Photobucket isn't working. I have tried every which way.

Is there another way to get photos on here? I would love to be able to post photos from my upcoming trip more easily...but I don't have the patience if it's really going to be time consuming!!

Suggestions?

Hmmm...I know some people just upload directly to the Dis, but there's a cap of how many pictures you can put in a post. Is it maybe ten? Not sure. But you just go to the bottom beside "post a reply" and click "upload a file." Then you can choose whether to insert the thumbnail or the full image into your post. It should insert it wherever your cursor was in the text.

I've started using imgur. There was a slight learning curve for me, but I don't mind it now. I like that it will automatically resize images for you if you want it to. I just made an account, and then under your name in the top right corner you can go to your "images" and you can either click "add images" or just drag and drop to upload. Then when you click on an image you've uploaded it will give you a whole bunch of links. For pictures, I choose the link that says "direct link" and copy it, and then in your post on the Dis go to the little "image" icon at the top and paste that link in. For GIFs I do the same thing, except I copy the link that says "Original GIF Link."

Hope that helps if you end up wanting to use either of those options! Photobucket is my new least favourite thing, and it's making my Dis life stressful having to replace a bunch of pictures!! I guess that's a prime example of what you might call a First World Problem. :laughing:

Is it maybe ten? Not sure. But you just go to the bottom beside "post a reply" and click "upload a file." Then you can choose whether to insert the thumbnail or the full image into your post. It should insert it wherever your cursor was in the text.

Geez I had no idea! I will try that and Imgur. Either would be better than no photos at all lol!! Here goes nothin!!

OMG you guys...this is the coolest!! I'm so excited...now you will all have to see pics lol. I do enjoy posting pics...but I think I can manage to keep it down to under 10 per post so...this might be the best option for me...not sure I have the patience for loading to another site and then doing links etc...but at least I know there are options out there!!!

I am bringing my laptop on my trip so, depending on how tired I am lol and how much of the actual "rest" time we end up spending in the room...I may end up trying to make this a semi-live TR...that way I don't have to really take notes and remember all the important details later lol..will help me remember everything better too!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter