It's gonna be an oven, but WE'RE GOING TO WDW in AUGUST!!! Final thoughts

All your plans sound so good! I want to try the tea so bad but the boys definitely won't stand for that lol. I've thought of doing it when just Steve and I go, it looks so fun and different. I bet DD loves it :goodvibes

Jealous you're doing Tiffins too! We seriously enjoyed our meal there in March but that's another place I know at least one of my boys won't like so I have to wait for an adults only trip again. My boys like Flights of Wonder at AK; it's not an every trip to-do but if you've never done it, I'd try fitting it in :thumbsup2

I will have to check that out. We are a bit limited with our Canadian credit cards - a lot of websites won't accept them, but I will check that out.

The good thing about We Go Shop is that you are dealing with a real person, she (or he) calls you up and verifys all the stuff and they make sure they have your order right. If they can't get stuff they call you up to verify and check in with you. Not sure how that works with Canadians, but you could always ask, I have found their customer service to be above and beyond and I highly recommend them!

I want to try the tea so bad but the boys definitely won't stand for that lol.

Yeah...that would probably be a stretch for boys lol. The funny thing is looking at the menu...I'm not even sure how much of the food my DD will eat either but I know she will like the whole concept regardless. I just hope they will let us make some substitutions for the sandwiches we aren't fans of.

We seriously enjoyed our meal there in March but that's another place I know at least one of my boys won't like so I have to wait for an adults only trip again

Even the stuff on the kids' menus? That's what I love about Disney...usually there is something on every menu that will appeal to picky eaters!

The good thing about We Go Shop is that you are dealing with a real person,

This sounds good actually...and maybe then we can even get around the Canadian credit card issue too.

Time for more plans!

This is the plan for Wednesday August 16. My memory is going and I'm not sure if I went over these plans yet lol. but either way wanted to go through it again if only for myself lol to try to get it clear :)

This morning I have us hanging out at the CR or pool again for a restful morning. The night before will possibly be quite late with Illuminations and night time EMH at Epcot so I don't want to burn out at the end of the trip!

This is the morning where we could also potentially do a walk up at the Wave breakfast. So depending on how the morning goes we may try that. Again, being optimistic it would be nice to try to get a run in, I don't want to lose all the ground I've made with my training during my vacay!

So...either a Wave breakfast or Contempo or depending on how we feel maybe just granola bars in the room and a snack later.

In any case, around 12 or 1, I have us heading over to AK again for our second AK afternoon.

At AK this time I got FP + for Adventurers Outpost, Lion King and Navi River. Though as I mentioned I'm torn on this one - I may try to switch out the Lion King FP for a Safari's or Adventurers...not sure? I have us going on Safari's 2 x on our other AK day though...but then...that's my fave thing at AK so...not too sure. I do want to make sure we don't miss Lion King though...and by having the FP it will make sure we get to a show?....gotta think about that one some more.

After all that, it may be getting closer to our early dinner ADR at Tiffins with the ROL package! So excited about this one.

I do hope that we might possibly have some time after dinner to wander around a bit and maybe see some more animals...but who knows what the timing will be like.

It's getting close now! :)

Tough call on the AK FPs. I never quite know what to pick there.

After all that, it may be getting closer to our early dinner ADR at Tiffins with the ROL package! So excited about this one.

This is exciting! We had an awesome meal at Tiffins in December.

Hey that's great! I will head over and check out your PTR!

I'm worried about melting too. I am trying to build in lots of rest and pool time, but it's hard because you still want to try to see and do everything. I may have to lower my expectations of what can get done in a day.

Trying to lower my expectations for our trip in Sept also as to what a day entails. We park ninja'd the last trip, rope drop to close some days, but it was Feb, and the weather was a lot cooler and less humid.

I'm getting confused as to which day you're on too!

Now that I have a trip planned I need to b pay closer attention to which attractions folks are booking and what they entail!

his is the morning where we could also potentially do a walk up at the Wave breakfast. So depending on how the morning goes we may try that. Again, being optimistic it would be nice to try to get a run in, I don't want to lose all the ground I've made with my training during my vacay!
Good for you for keeping up with your training! Now that school is out for the summer, I need to get back on board with regular exercise.

At AK this time I got FP + for Adventurers Outpost, Lion King and Navi River. Though as I mentioned I'm torn on this one - I may try to switch out the Lion King FP for a Safari's or Adventurers...not sure? I have us going on Safari's 2 x on our other AK day though...but then...that's my fave thing at AK so...not too sure. I do want to make sure we don't miss Lion King though...and by having the FP it will make sure we get to a show?....gotta think about that one some more.
I have the same FPs as you for my Ak day on the 23rd! I am saving FoP, EE and the Safari for my evening at AK. Have you seen Flights of Wonder? I've never seen it and want to work it in somewhere too.

Doesn't it look amazing! I am doing it on the 27th and am torn between the scallops and the swordfish. The food looks amazing! Is your daughter an adventurous eater? Disney is always great about making sure everyone has something they like, even if the menu is a bit exotic. :)

Tough call on the AK FPs. I never quite know what to pick there.

It really is a challenge. I am still torn about doing another safari instead of using a FP on Lion King...I will think about that...

Have you seen Flights of Wonder? I've never seen it and want to work it in somewhere too.

I have heard and read so much about this...and even if I could get a FP for it...not sure. I have some motion sickness issues even with Soarin' and everyone says this is Soarin' on steroids so...not sure I want to take the chance. I have a sensitive enough stomach even without rides and the last thing I want is to feel queasy when it's already hot as heck...so as much as it pains me to miss out on something that sounds amazing...I don't think we will do it. My DD is very scared of a lot of rides anyway so I don't think she will mind too much. My goal on this trip is to just get her on 7DMT...(or at least me if she won't go lol)

The food looks amazing! Is your daughter an adventurous eater?

Yes she is pretty good with trying new foods. But even if she doesn't feel like being adventurous the day we do Tiffins I'm sure she will find something on the kids menu.

Time for plans for our second last WDW day, Thursday August 17th

For this day, I have another MK morning. Because despite the fact that we will have hoppers for the first time on this trip...I also feel the need to take full advantage of the fact that we are staying right down the road from MK and spend lots of time there and fully get our fix. I have no idea when our next trip after this will be, but I imagine at least a couple of years until Star Wars Land will be ready...anyway...

On this day I have us getting up early and sauntering over to MK for RD. RD plans are kind of loose, depending on what DD wants to do and what we have not accomplished yet at MK. Probably HM will factor in...and some other faves...maybe Jungle Cruise...Aladdin...Winnie the Pooh...so many choices and all of them fun :)

I made FP+ for Peter Pan, my all time fave, and then...because I don't know if we'd ride it otherwise but really must do...Dumbo lol and then Jungle Cruise because, another fave. Hoping to throw in anything else we haven't done yet and feel the need to...maybe some Country Bears...Maybe some muppets...

When lunchtime rolls around, hoping to perhaps sample some mac and cheese at Friar's Nook. Or maybe my fave sandwich at CHH.

We will see how we are doing with the heat and our feet etc at this point. We can hang out here as long as we like and when we are tired...walk back over to the CR. Depending on what time it is, hopefully some pool time (and maybe a run for me if feeling ambitious)

After a rest and a shower, then we are planning to make our way over to the POR for something new to us!! Yeehaw Bob!! I have heard great things about this. The food and drinks sound great too and just overall sounds like a fun evening for both of us. We can also check out POR and perhaps visit POFQ where we stayed last time and see if it's any different. I haven't figured out yet the best way to get to POR from the CR...I guess walk to MK and then take a bus??? And then best way back? Might be an Uber depending on how tired we are after Yeehaw Bob.

Hoping this will be another somewhat relaxed but fun day on the books!

Last edited:
It will be SO nice to walk over to MK!

I made FP+ for Peter Pan, my all time fave, and then...because I don't know if we'd ride it otherwise but really must do...Dumbo lol and then Jungle Cruise because, another fave.

I like these choices! And I think Jungle Cruise is probably a pretty good use of FP anyway because lately it's had some pretty long lines on the MDE app!

I haven't figured out yet the best way to get to POR from the CR...I guess walk to MK and then take a bus??? And then best way back? Might be an Uber depending on how tired we are after Sideshow Bob.

I haven't done it so maybe I'm missing something, but I suspect you're right on this one. Walk to MK, bus to POR, then reverse when you're done...or do the Uber thing if that's what you're feeling like when the time comes. It's not very expensive. Yehaa Bob (I assume that's who you meant, rather than the Simpsons character :P) should be a fun night! I've always meant to stop and see his show!

Yehaa Bob (I assume that's who you meant, rather than the Simpsons character :P) should be a fun night! I've always meant to stop and see his show!

Ha yes, that's totally what I meant lol. I guess maybe I should fix that but everyone will know what I mean lol

Ha yes, that's totally what I meant lol. I guess maybe I should fix that but everyone will know what I mean lol

:rotfl:I chuckled. But everyone on the Dis will know exactly who you're talking about. He seems like quite a household name around these parts. I can't wait to hear what you think of him :)

Love the convenience of walking to MK from your resort! That's how it was when we stayed at the Poly and what we love about staying at the Epcot resorts, the quick walk to and from Epcot.

Definitely walk to MK and bus to POR. You can do the reverse back as long as buses are still running to MK when you're ready to leave POR, which they do for at least an hour after MK closes :)

:rotfl:I chuckled. But everyone on the Dis will know exactly who you're talking about. He seems like quite a household name around these parts. I can't wait to hear what you think of him :)

Ha yeah, I guess that's a Freudian slip lol. I wonder if Yeehaw Bob would mind.

Love the convenience of walking to MK from your resort! That's how it was when we stayed at the Poly and what we love about staying at the Epcot resorts, the quick walk to and from Epcot.

I can't wait for this!! Sounds so awesome. Also the ability to pop into MK to do some shopping and then bring stuff back to the room, or just go in for a meal or something.

Fun!!! I haven't experienced seeing Yeehaw Bob myself, but have heard rave reviews!

Yeah there are some great reviews around here and it seems like something a bit different to do in a night. I figure also if we get tired of it, we can easily take a boat to DS as well.

After a rest and a shower, then we are planning to make our way over to the POR for something new to us!! Yeehaw Bob!! I have heard great things about this. The food and drinks sound great too and just overall sounds like a fun evening for both of us. We can also check out POR and perhaps visit POFQ where we stayed last time and see if it's any different. I haven't figured out yet the best way to get to POR from the CR...I guess walk to MK and then take a bus??? And then best way back? Might be an Uber depending on how tired we are after Yeehaw Bob.
I have only ever heard good things about the Yeehaw Bob show, I am sure you will have a great time! It's nice to have the option to take the boat to Disney Springs and check it out a bit after the show. Plus it would be so easy to catch at bus back to the CR from there.

I am sure you will have a great time! It's nice to have the option to take the boat to Disney Springs and check it out a bit after the show. Plus it would be so easy to catch at bus back to the CR from there.

Actually you just gave me an idea...would it not be just as easy to get to POR from CR by taking a bus to DS from the CR and then the boat from DS to POR? Then we could walk through DS on the way there if we had extra time...hmmm...something to think about...although there is also the chance we would get sucked into stores at DS and then miss out on getting a good seat for Yeehaw Bob lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter