It's Long Overdue.....Now the IIIEEEEEEEE Trip Report!! Come Find Me!

8 Days!!!! Technically we are leaving next Tuesday late afternoon to spend the night at my oldest son's home since he'll be driving us to the airport the next morning and then driving our car back to our place. He will be staying the time we're gone to help with his siblings.

Oh, I forgot to mention that both kids are off Wednesday thru Saturday and we are waiting on the following weeks schedule. Fingers crossed that they are off Sunday thru Wednesday too!!

Well the schedule came out and the kids have ALL the days off with us!!!! I'm so excited!! I cancelled 2 of our duplicate reservations (was waiting to make sure they would be off and could join us)......I'm still trying to get a better time for California Grill on the Friday we are there. It's the Grad Bash at Universal, so we will be done by 6pm. I'm trying to get it so we'd get to see the fireworks. Right now my Thursday time is best but will continue to check all the way up to our trip.

UPDATED ITINERARY:
Weds 18th: Fly out of Portland and into Orlando (arrive around 5:45pm)
DINNER: Toothsome Chocolate Factory, Universal CityWalk

Thur 19th: Universal Studios Orlando
DINNER: California Grill (7:20pm)......fireworks at 8:55pm (timing should be perfect)

Fri 20th: Islands of Adventure (also Grad Bash starts at 6pm, so early closing)
DINNER: Teak Neighborhood Grill

Sat 21st: Both Universal Parks
DINNER: Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville

Sun 22nd: Animal Kingdom
DINNER: Ohana (8:15pm)

Mon 23rd: EPCOT ~ Flower & Garden
NO PLANNED MEAL, Gonna enjoy the food kiosks and if we need more, we will hit up a QS

Tue 24th: Magic Kingdom
DINNER: Be Our Guest (5:25pm)

Wed 25th: Hang out in CityWalk or Disney Springs until we fly out in the afternoon

Busy weekend trying to get the laundry all done, clothes laid out for the girls when we are gone, giving the adult brothers (that will be with the girls in our absence) a detailed schedule, getting all the Special Olympics loose ends dealt with (since practices start when I'm gone) and then packing!!! Time is ticking slowly for me wanting to be on our way but too fast when it comes to getting everything done before we leave! :crazy2:

Woot Woot!!! I'm very excited for you and Mike! I'm not sure if I mentioned this but that same ice cream place that my dad and sister discovered (went there too on the way to the airport) I believe there is one on International Drive too if I remember correctly

Woot Woot!!! I'm very excited for you and Mike! I'm not sure if I mentioned this but that same ice cream place that my dad and sister discovered (went there too on the way to the airport) I believe there is one on International Drive too if I remember correctly

What is the name of it again???

So exciting. I know that was how we were right before we left for our spring break trip. Usually I have my dad pet sit but he is getting to where he can hardly drive anymore and he can't at night at all (can't see) so I had my neighbor do it which meant on top of everything else we had to get the house all cleaned up before we left. It's crazy hectic but so awesome once it finally gets here. You guys are going to have a great time and so glad the kids are able to be off with you.

So exciting. I know that was how we were right before we left for our spring break trip. Usually I have my dad pet sit but he is getting to where he can hardly drive anymore and he can't at night at all (can't see) so I had my neighbor do it which meant on top of everything else we had to get the house all cleaned up before we left. It's crazy hectic but so awesome once it finally gets here. You guys are going to have a great time and so glad the kids are able to be off with you.

Cleaning the house is still on my "to do" list......it's just been nuts with the transition of the Special Olympics to me and the medicals being due & practices starting all while I'm gone.
We are so excited to be getting a break for the kiddos but I also feel guilty and sad they won't be joining us. I know we'll have a blast and enjoy the time away but it's hard for moms to turn off being mom. :hug::worried:

Twistee Treat, feel free to mention them. Here's the link:
http://www.twisteetreatocoeelbv.com/

I know how you feel about going without the kids. Our rule is to NEVER go to WDW without my sister. :rotfl2: I'm not sure if you've read my TR, but the cruise left from Port Canaveral which meant we were so close to WDW :sad2:

Last edited:
Twistee Treat, feel free to mention them. Here's the link:
http://www.twisteetreatocoeelbv.com/

I know how you feel about going without the kids. Our rule is to NEVER go to WDW without my sister. :rotfl2: I'm not sure if you've read my TR, but the cruise left from Port Canaveral which meant we were so close to WDW :sad2:

Thank You.....I will see if the kids want to go there!!

I had been reading on your report.....have you posted lately? I am supposed to be getting notifications but haven't gotten one in a while.

Well the time as come to put suitcases in the car, double check we have everything and then drive up to Portland to spend the night at my oldest son's home. He will drive us in the morning to the airport and then come to our home to help watch the girls.
I'm super excited to get our adventure under way!! I will try to do a check-in this week but no guarantees......I might just be having too much fun to stop and post!! :yay:

Hi Laurie...I'm following along. I haven't been on disboards in a long time but I saw your butterbeer pictures and thought...hmmm I wonder if she is doing a trip report. And here you are. So here I am, a little late to the party. i have to go back to read from the beginning. Have a great trip! I'm looking forward to hearing all about it.

Beth

Hi Laurie...I'm following along. I haven't been on disboards in a long time but I saw your butterbeer pictures and thought...hmmm I wonder if she is doing a trip report. And here you are. So here I am, a little late to the party. i have to go back to read from the beginning. Have a great trip! I'm looking forward to hearing all about it.

Beth

Hi Beth!!! Glad you found this....now I'm going to go start the trip report!! I will put a link on here once I get it going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!