"It's now or never!" my W&D half marathon journey

i.love.stitch

oh good...my dog found the chainsaw
Hi everyone!

my name is emily, and i am 5'8" and about 190lbs. I am going to the wine and dine half marathon on october 1st. I decided to document my jouney because it will be nice to see my own progress, and i think it will help keep my on track. i have to train for the race, no matter what but its the eating healthy that i am worried about and i think if i write about my jouney on here, it will be easier to stick to "diet". (no i am not on an actual diet right now-although, as of right now, i am planning to join weight watchers next week-what i mean by diet is eating right and eating less) I have never done any kind of race before (but i am planning to do some local 5ks over the summer). I do consider myself active, i own a horse and ride pretty much everyday, and, for the most part exercise every day. Over eating is the reason for my weight. I used to eat a lot of whatever i wanted. Now i am eating much better, but still not great. I am also working on eating less. Between the race training, and eating better, i am hoping to lose about 40lbs, but i would LOVE :love: to get to around 135. (but if i lost 40lbs, i would still be thrilled; heck i'll be thrilled when i lose 15lbs!) But i have a lot of muscle, and have very big bones. But that is not an excuse. I still want to lose weight to be in better health, and to feel better about myself. anyway, this is a brief little introduction and i will write more tomorrow! I have to do this weight lose thing now, because its now or never!

Emily -- thanks for being open to share your journey with us here :teeth: and i like your attitude!

Hi everyone!

sorry i did not come on and update the next day like i said i would, but i am just so busy its hard to find time to do anything! (I am actually writing this at 1:11 in the morning because its the only time i found to do it haha!) anyway, my running is a little messed up because i ran on monday (according to the galloway training programs, we run tuesdays and thursdays-conditoning or matanince runs-and then a long run on saturday; and not to run other days because you dont want your muscles to be fatigued.) so, i just needed to go for a run on monday, but i decided it was ok because i would run on wednesday(today) and then do the long run on friday (because i have birthday parties on saturday so it actually worked out pretty well) so, i should have went on a run today, but i did not.(i had to babysit a 2 and 3 year old from 8-4, and i went horseback riding after and i was so pooped after that i couldnt get myself to go for a run) so i am going to run tomorrow morning and still go on the long run on friday. IMHO, i think i am ok with exercising; i horseback ride, run, swim, bike, and take classes at the gym. like i said before, food is my downfall. BUT, on the brightside, i am getting much better. I used to have a really hard time eating healthy in the morning right when i wake up (i craved sweets) and right inbetween lunch and dinner (i am still really hungry inbetween these times, but now healthy food will fill my bottomless pit :rotfl:) But now, my i have a hard time controlling myself around 9-10 at night? :confused3 go figure haha. but its really not too bad, its only one time a day i want sweets and i want them now; and once i gain control over that, it looks like smooth sailing might be in my horizen (keep your fingers crossed) anyway its late and i am exhausted and i hope this post has some kind of purpose or makes a little bit of sense!

*I apologize in advance for spelling errors

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter