It's Official!!! All booked!!! The countdown begins...

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
I really want to jump up and do a happy dance and scream - but it's a surprise for the kids, so I can't, lol. Thank you for being patient with all my questions over the last week.

So we are as of now, officially booked for 5 nights at the Port Orleans Riverside, arriving November 28th. We've booked 2 day passes, and will be doing 1 day at SW, along with a resort day. We plan on booking a special dinner for that day, probably either HDDR or Mickey's Backyard BBQ.

If anyone has tips for staying at POR, including must-do resort activities/tips etc... please chime in. As well as any tips for navigating the Disney bus system etc... as I've never stayed on site before.

One must do I'd say for Port Orleans is to please get beignets. I've been meaning to take a trip over to that resort for the longest and get some. If their anything like Cafe Du Mondes then their delicious

One must do I'd say for Port Orleans is to please get beignets. I've been meaning to take a trip over to that resort for the longest and get some. If their anything like Cafe Du Mondes then their delicious
Beignets are at French Quarter, not Riverside.

Our room at POR was very close to the bus stop, which was super helpful. We also really enjoyed the create your own pasta in the food court.

Enjoy your trip!

If you ever get the chance to have the real deal in NOLA, then go to Morning Call. They're much better than Cafe du Monde. :)

If anyone has tips for staying at POR, including must-do resort activities/tips etc... please chime in. As well as any tips for navigating the Disney bus system etc... as I've never stayed on site before.

Unlike most resorts, POR has 4 bus stops, and every bus coming and going stops at each one. Once checked in, use the one closest to your room and note its name (West Depot, North Depot, etc.). When returning, the audio announcement and electronic sign on the bus will tell you the next one.

If you ever get the chance to have the real deal in NOLA, then go to Morning Call. They're much better than Cafe du Monde. :)

New Orleans native here, and I must say I was very disappointed in the beignets at POFQ. Probably like folks from Maine feel about eating Maine lobster down here in the South, LOL! :duck:

We are staying at POR for the first time right before you. Just in case you are not aware SW has special holiday shows at night but only on weekends. Also with such a short trip I would not have a resort day I would recommend you try to experience as many of the parks as you can. Epcot has the storytellers and CP which is not to miss.

New Orleans native here, and I must say I was very disappointed in the beignets at POFQ. Probably like folks from Maine feel about eating Maine lobster down here in the South, LOL! :duck:
I thought that too, but I didn’t say anything b/c I thought if you’ve never had any they’re probably still good.

Oh,no, that's sacrilege!! LOL I've had both, but we always head to Cafe du Monde - that's the place!! We haven't been to NOLA unless we get their beignets first thing! And no, Disney's FQ is no where as good. (LA native)

We are staying at POR for the first time right before you. Just in case you are not aware SW has special holiday shows at night but only on weekends. Also with such a short trip I would not have a resort day I would recommend you try to experience as many of the parks as you can. Epcot has the storytellers and CP which is not to miss.

I would love to but my kids definitely can't handle waiting in line for 1-2 hours for the show. Plus I don't want to push our luck. They can handle a late night or two, but not much more without having a down day (one with ASD and one with SPD).

One must do I'd say for Port Orleans is to please get beignets.
I've never had a beignet at Port Orleans, didn't even know what they were, and I have no clue how they compare to those in NOLA, but if I had a dollar for every time a Guest has asked me over the years where to get them or has told me how good they are, I'd be able to buy a whole lot of them. Must be very good.

I would love to but my kids definitely can't handle waiting in line for 1-2 hours for the show. Plus I don't want to push our luck. They can handle a late night or two, but not much more without having a down day (one with ASD and one with SPD).

All I hear about is declining attendance at Sea World. Are the Christmas shows really that popular?

They sell reserved seating for the shows at SeaWorld, including the holiday shows. I'm not sure what the pricing is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!