Its Official!!!

mag1803178

Earning My Ears
We are finally going to Disneyworld!!!!! My daughter is 6 and my son is 3 and my mother in law has already bought the rooms, airfare, and park passes!!! So if you guys have and good tips on what to do or how to save some money while we are there please let me know we are going in may!!!!! This will be the kids first big trip!!! I know someone has to have some insider tips LOL!!

Congratulations and lots of luck planning your first big trip for the kids to Disney!!!

I would suggest bringing breakfast foods - donuts, poptarts, etc - this is a great money saver as well as a time saver in the morning for my family!

Don't know if yall are planning to stay on site - but if so, the All Star Movies is a favorite for my youngest DD! Good bus service and good food court!! The giant character icons really feel like Disney!!

With the kids - try to allow time for nap/swim time. The heat can be exhausting!

Not a money saver - but enjoyable for the kids - Check out Alice in Wonderland Tea Party which is held at the Grand Floridian! Also, the Pirate Cruise for kids was also a lot of fun for my DD!

Check with your airline about packing food. We were told snack in carry on luggage only. Have a great trip!

Angie

I hae to agree with bringing breakfast foods. Also, if you want to bring in lunch items/snacks, they bag checks are fine. I didn't bring anything, afraid they'd make me through it all out, but other folks brought in entire lunches without any hassle.

If you are staying at a Disney resort, get a refillable cup. They may cost $11, but you get free refills of coffee, hot cocoa, and sodas/water. I filled mine constantly. And they make great souvenirs.

If you can, try to buy gifts the last day. We bought a little every day, and that adds up. If you have a Disney card, the Disney Store at Downtown Disney gives you a 10% discount on your purchase, and they had practically everything I saw in the parks.

Also check out www.mousesavers.com and www.wdwig.com.

Have a great time!!

thanks for the great tips, We just recieved a DVD on disney world today so we are all gonna sit down and watch it after dinner! I dont think the kids have a clue of whats in store for them!!!!

Mag,

"I dont think the kids have a clue of whats in store for them!!!!"

I just wanted to suggest getting an idea of how your children will react to the rides or shows at Disney. I just had a post a few days ago about age appropriate rides for my 3.5 and 5.5 dc since it is their first trip. They tend to get scared at the scary parts of the movies so I was concerned that they might not want to ride some rides and see some shows. I had a lot of really great responses. Lots of specific advice for kids this age. I surely dont want to go to Disney and have it be a bad experience for them. Just one scary ride or show could ruin them from trying others.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=321663
I don't know if I linked it right!! But give it a try. We are going in just a few weeks and I hope for a Magical trip for them. I hope for one for your Disney kids too!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter