It's Still Disney Magic to Me! A January 2016 Trip Report (PTR included too) Complete

My Trip In a Nutshell
Wow! I cannot believe this trip is long over! While I have been doing day-by-day updates, sometimes, there is nothing like tying my trip in a knot and a bow.

-Day 1 (Sunday, January 10th, 2016):
Today was the sixth time I would go to Walt Disney World and the second time I would go solo. After waking up at 4:45AM, my trip got off to a bumpy start due to weather and traffic delays, but the flight on jetBlue from JFK otherwise went very well and delays aside, we arrived in Orlando only 50-minutes behind schedule, which was not bad all things considered. Thanks to a wonderful ride from Tiffany Town Car, we were able to stop at Publix for the bare necessities and I got to my hotel at a little after 2:30PM. After getting settled in, I went swimming in the balmy 70 degree weather and later on, I even had time to go to the Magic Kingdom before a festive and fun dinner at Chef Mickey's! :D

-Day 2 (Monday, January 11th, 2016):
This marked my first full day and I made the most of it by enjoying the Magic Kingdom! :D I rode many attractions and met many characters, making for a magical morning. I enjoyed a delicious lunch at Pecos Bill and I met fellow Long Islander Debbie and her family there, marking some of the first new friends I met on this trip. I relaxed for the early afternoon, enjoying a refreshing Pineapple Float from Aloha Isle and then saw the vivid, colorful, and magical Festival of Fantasy parade. I then took an afternoon break at Disney's Grand Floridian. I went back to the Magic Kingdom at 5:00PM, where I bought a baseball cap that said "Let it Go" on it for my friend's granddaughter, who is obsessed with "Frozen" and during my wonderful character meet with Anna and Elsa, I had them sign it. After that, I rode more attractions and enjoyed Wishes. Finally, I capped off the night with dinner at Gasparilla Island Grill, the GF's quick service restaurant.

-Day 3 (Tuesday, January 12th, 2016):
After a buffet breakfast at One80 Sportgrill & Bar, the Buena Vista Palace's table service restaurant, I went to Epcot and arrived there at a little before 11:30AM. I spent the rest of the day there and enjoyed my favorite attractions and meet many characters. However, the icing on the cake of this day was meeting Debbie and her family again and enjoying dinner with them at Teppan Edo, where I would have originally dined solo. We then ended the day seeing Illuminations: Reflections of Earth.

-Day 4 (Wednesday, January 13th, 2016):
I went back to the Magic Kingdom to finish touring and ride old favorites. I had lunch fit for a prince, or king at Be Our Guest and I also had the pleasure of meeting characters like Gaston as well as Princess Tiana and Naveen. After staying in the Magic Kingdom until about 6:30PM, I went to Disney Springs, where I enjoyed some retail therapy and got some delicious gluten and egg-free treats at Erin McKenna's NYC.

-Day 5 (Thursday, January 14th, 2016):
I went to Disney's Animal Kingdom for most of the day from a little before 9:00AM until 3:00PM. I had a wild time enjoying the many attractions offered and again, I met many characters. I then enjoyed my last Disney meal at Cape May Cafe that evening and even bumped into Scott, a face from the past who used to deliver pizza to a club I was in during my college days. Plus, the food and service at Cape May Cafe were fantastic as always! :D I got back to my hotel at around 11:00PM, going to sleep shortly after that to prepare for my trip home the next day :( .

-Day 6 (Friday, January 15th, 2016):
Unfortunately, this was my last day at Walt Disney World and on this day, I would be heading back to the real world. While I had planned to go to Epcot for part of the morning and meet a fellow DISer, this turned out to be out of the cards as I was very tired from all of the activity on this trip and I still had some packing to do. This turned out to be the right decision, as it rained very hard that morning. Despite this, the weather improved later in the day and I left for MCO at 1:30PM. Save for a very long security line and a slight departure delay, I got home on time as my flight back to JFK arrived a little before the 8:00PM scheduled arrival time at 7:58PM. I took the Airtrain JFK to the LIRR to get home, which worked well and was less expensive than a car service and I ended up getting home at about 9:30PM.

Overall, my trip to Walt Disney World in January 2016 was fantastic as always. As always, the attractions were awesome, my character interactions were fantastic, and the food I ate was delicious. Plus, the parks were well maintained as always and all of the cast members I encountered went above and beyond in my experience. Also, I did not mind the new FP+ system, as I was able to use it to my advantage to not rush as much and get on attractions when I wanted to. I do not know when I will be returning to WDW, but I hope to go back there again soon! :D Before I end this TR, I just want to thank everyone for reading it as I enjoyed writing it for all of you! :D Have a magical day! :D

Hi, Wolf! I enjoyed following some of your previous TRs a few years ago!! Looking forward to reading about your trips with your Mom, as going to WDW with my Mom are some of my favorite memories!!

Jackie

Hi @missjackiemcg ! :D I hope you are doing well! Glad to have you onboard and I remember you too! :D I have not been on much up until this point as my life has been crazy busy, but now I finally have a chance to catch up on Disboards.

P.S. How do I do the bottom with my previous TRs? Thank you very much! :D

P.S. How do I do the bottom with my previous TRs? Thank you very much! :D
I couldn't figure that out for the longest time, too!

If you click on your username near the top right of the DIS site, you can click on Signature and put whatever you want there including links to your previous TRs. You just create a hyperlink like you would in a document, email, etc. (I actually had to google that, too, the first time I did it!!)

And if you want a countdown, I got mine from wdwfans.com/ticker :)

Hope that helps!

I couldn't figure that out for the longest time, too!

If you click on your username near the top right of the DIS site, you can click on Signature and put whatever you want there including links to your previous TRs. You just create a hyperlink like you would in a document, email, etc. (I actually had to google that, too, the first time I did it!!)

And if you want a countdown, I got mine from wdwfans.com/ticker :)

Hope that helps!
Thank you Jackie that is awesome! :D I will go ahead and do that now! Hope you like my new TR! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter