"It's up to you how far you'll go. If you don't try, you'll never know." Comments Welcome

Race day is tomorrow!!! Today was the last day of this crazy training cycle and apparently it was quite fitting. I had a 2 mile run today. I had about 45 minutes left in my audio book so I started with a 1/4 mile warm up walk then mile out and mile back and could down walk so I could get closer to the end. I got to 1/2 mile left in my run and the thunder and lightning started. Within a few minutes the rain started. It couldn't be a nice gentle rain either. It was those big fat drops. It came down hard and had little pieces of hail mixed in. I had nowhere to hide so I just trudged on. By the time I finished the run I was soaked. I was still a quarter mile from the car so I chose to continue the easy run pace just to get to the car sooner. Thankfully I at least had a dry shirt to get the soaked tank off. I've missed more runs than I care to admit too. Some were due to weather, some due to just needing sleep and some to daily scheduling. Deep down I might have tried harder if it were more than a 10k but overall I'm satisfied with how and I did and and I'm feeling pretty good headed into tomorrow and pretty confident I will beat my main goal. Overall this was a good week. Started with that snow Monday night. They say that was the latest for measurable snow in 40 some years. It's warmed up a bit and it's looking pretty ideal tomorrow. When my wave goes off it should be mid 50's. Not sure what I'm wearing yet, probably go with my mermaid skirt and a tank? See if I have something for a throw away to get there.

Other than Disney this is my favorite race. It's like a 6 mile long party. Slip and slides, families out in the neighborhood, music. One house throws out giant marshmallows, the bacon stop, one fraternity has a dorito stop. All the kegs along the way. The little kids handing out popsicles. Looking back this was my first real race3 wars ago when I started running. I had done a fun 5k that was not timed and was barely trained for a 10k. I did run/walk. There are two hills, one around half way and the other is short and steep coming up into the stadium at the end. I walked both hills. I finished in 1:22: and some change. Last year I had done a 10 miler the week before so I took it easy. I ran both hills and even going easier and stopping for a mimosa and a snack or two I beat the year before at 1:20: and change. This year my main goal is to transition from the run/walk so my goal is to run continuous. It will be crowded, I might have to weave in and out a bit bit it's all in the road so there's no narrow paths to get around. I may stop for a beer along the way, we'll see if I'm up to sacrificing a few extra seconds. I'm excited to see what I'll do this year.

In other news for the week I got myself a new toy. My dad let me use his dividend at REI and with the Memorial day sale I got a pretty good deal on a paddle board. It's still a little chilly to get out on it yet. With the snow this week the water temp is still pretty cold. I got myself a state parks pass too so I'm looking forward to checking out some new to me parts of the state this summer. Also a big milestone this week. When I first started this journey of running I had a number in mind of how much weight I wanted to lose. It's just a number and I knew it was more about being healthy than being a certain number. I actually still haven't hit that number yet, I plateaued last year, but I eat better now and run, and exercise so I've been fine with it. I went into Eddie Bauer because I had 2 rewards to use. I buy way too much there so I know I'm a solid large both tops and bottoms. I found a pair of shorts that will be great on the water and a tank top. Took them home to try on because I know I'm a large so I never bother with it in store. The shorts were loose and a little baggy. The tank was also lose and way too baggy in the armpit area. Took them back and tried on mediums and they both fit. Not sure if they changed their sizing a bit but I'll take it that I can now fit it mediums!!! So even if I haven't hit that magic number yet I am down 1 size so I'm pretty happy about that.

I'm off to try to get a little sleep before the way too early wake up call. I'm planning on taking the bus. They bring in charter buses and there's a stop pretty close to me. I think it's $10 but a much better option than dealing with all the traffic in Boulder and trying to park. The bus drops off right near the start line and and picks up right at the stadium for the trip home. Well worth the money to me. I think they said 50,000 runners so a lot less stress with all the people.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!