• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'v been DISconnected

DVCJones

DIS Veteran
:sad1:
Each day at work during my lunch break at I visit the DIS for 20 -30 minutes each day. I so look forward to getting a little "fix" in the middle of the day.
However, today, I was DENIED access due to " the violation with the acceptable use policy":scared1:

A lot of people were talking about how the new IT guy blocked many websites. A lot of people at work are not happy! Way to make friends new IT guy!!!!!

I have been doing this for the past 2.5-3 years.

The horror!!! How will I go on?:rotfl2: I guess I will have to eat lunch with my real friends instead of my DisFriends. I actually preferred eating alone reading the Dis than going into the lunch room.:laughing:

Anyone else ever been DISconnected?

I used to be that guy... i had to block a lot of sites. But of course, I had a tunnel set up so I could visit what ever sites I wanted, and then would delete the log.

you might be up the creek, with out a DISunplugged t shirt.

:scared1: I would get a new job immediately!!!! LOL!! ;) I take my own laptop with a wireless internet card to work with me so I can do whatever I want during my downtime.:thumbsup2 Good luck!

As an IT guy myself, I understand this all too well. We're "supposed" to block non-work related sites, and we do a few of the high bandwith sites and more offensive ones, but in general most everything is open. He may be just responding to a company directive, to do this. But then again, some of us tend to be real anal and power obsessed (not me though). You might try and make nice with the guy and just see if there's a way that he'll allow just during lunch hour. It can't hurt to ask.

Never ever get the IT people mad at you.

Did you know there is a Systems Administrator Appreciation day? It's July 25th this year. I would suggest you make SURE your IT people are recognized that week.

Here's a site with more info and a link to gift suggestions for your favorite SysAdmin. Hey! It can't hurt! http://www.sysadminday.com/

My school used to do that.

I used to get a big flash up on the screen saying that this was an unacceptable website, first warning. If you went on again then you would get your account blocked till you grovelled to them.

My university doesnt care, whooo! :yay:

I got it unblocked at our school..... :hug: Oh wait I was on that committee? hmmmmm it pays to volunteer to much! :rotfl2:

Hmmm, I get that too at school. They block any forums, game sites, or unacceptable websites and they can also watch you...

I DIS all day. I work at a school and in between classes and especially during lunch I DIS. Now, MANY websites are blocked through our filter. I always say to my DH that I am so afraid they are going to start blocking the DIS, but so far so good. I probably just jinxed myself.

Oh no!

Hope the school blocking gods aren't watching right now.

I feel sick.

I occaisionally get blocked but it seems that if I delete my cookies, clear my history and delete temp. internet files I'm good to go later in the day or the next day. Luckily our IT dept. hasn't blocked the DIS (knocking on all the wood I can find)!

But then again, some of us tend to be real anal and power obsessed

I find that those are the ones without much real knowledge of computers, but have the paper from a University. When they realize that people don't need them or someone else in the office is very knowledgeable they start using their admin tools.

But sometimes it's the bosses fault. People are not productive until they are completely miserable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter