• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I've got a secret!!!

dis-happy

DIS Veteran
Guess what?! We are headed to WDW in two days, planning to stay at OKW next Sun-Thurs. Well, today, just now, I called MS and asked if we could switch to VWL....it took her a looooong time to get back with me, but she did it! Woo-hoo!!!

This trip is an end of the summer surprise for the kiddos, but my dh thinks we're booked at OKW. He is the kind of guy that makes plans, keeps his ducks in a row, never misplaces his car keys, not too big on change. SO, here we're going to be, driving to OKW, he'll be giving me directions and I'm not turning, headed instead toward the MK parking lot. :rotfl:

I'm so excited!!! We stayed at OKW in Jan, BCV in May (loved it, but they did not have availability for this trip when I booked a month ago), BWV booked for this coming December (can you say AP?) I like OKW, love the points, but then started thinking how much fun it would be to experience VWL first hand. And here we are!! Gotta love that pixie dust. Thanks for letting me share, otherwise I would burst! :banana:

That's great. :cool1: Just goes to show you never stop trying.

Me -- I'd be glad if I were just getting near WDW any time soon. :earsboy:

We are flying down in 2 days and will be staying at Pop Century for a couple of days until we, as well, check into VWL (Sunday through Thursday). We'll be the ones with the 3 boys (5, 2, and 8 months), and the 2 strollers (one double, one single). You'll recognize us by our pasty white skin :rotfl:

Have fun stayingat VWL.
Its a beautiful place.

SO, here we're going to be, driving to OKW, he'll be giving me directions and I'm not turning, headed instead toward the MK parking lot.

You know, that is one of the things I love the most about VWL. Going through the Magic Kingdom toll booth. Sweet... :cool1: Enjoy!

Hey there Anniegirl---I'll keep my eyes peeled for your gang! Maybe we can race to the boat in the morning, stoller vs. stroller, LOL.

And Muushka--are you still booked for the 2005 Wonder Christmas cruise? I think we talked about it a looong time ago (we booked it almost a year ago). Still haven't seen a cruise thread for that one yet, but then again, I don't check all that often. But I'm starting to get really excited about the trip. Maybe we could meet up on the ship...

You are going to love VWL! You see much on these boards about them but they are great. Some things to consider while you're there:

1. Walking or biking through the nature trail over to FT Wilderness and the petting zoo (you can also take a boat)
  2. Renting a boat and going out on 7 Seas Lagoon
  3. Taking the tour of the lobby that's offered everyday
  4. The rubber duck race

To keep a fight from missing directions (husbands can get cranky when wives don't drive right) Type your own directions and just change the name of the resort.

dis-happy said:
Hey there Anniegirl---I'll keep my eyes peeled for your gang! Maybe we can race to the boat in the morning, stoller vs. stroller, LOL.

And Muushka--are you still booked for the 2005 Wonder Christmas cruise? I think we talked about it a looong time ago (we booked it almost a year ago). Still haven't seen a cruise thread for that one yet, but then again, I don't check all that often. But I'm starting to get really excited about the trip. Maybe we could meet up on the ship...

I had forgetten all about you! Yes, we are still booked and looking forward. I have yet to see anyone else booked for that cruise (which is strange because of the time of year?). Anywhoo, yes, it would be nice to meet on the ship. I'm glad we're not cruising alone!!!

Good suggestions Canda! I was going to recommend that if DH starts getting upset when you don't turn when he tells you that you clue him in that you know where you're going with a wink and a smile. :)

canda said:
To keep a fight from missing directions (husbands can get cranky when wives don't drive right) Type your own directions and just change the name of the resort.

:moped:
At the big pine, er I mean palm, tree take a right onto Timberline Community Drive ..... and there is the Old Key Wilderness Lodge Villas .....:rolleyes1

Have fun with the surprise

Uh-oh, this could get more exciting than I anticipated....divorce at the happiest place on earth.

Maybe I should pretend a PS at Whispering Canyon, but then again, the jig will be up when I have to give my name at the guard house.

Might have to re-think the plan....

dis-happy said:
the jig will be up when I have to give my name at the guard house.
I give your DH credit that he may figure it out by then and play along for the kid's sake. Just enjoy seeing the look on his face. ;)

Good luck keeping the secret. I know I would have already blabbed! Have a great time and enjoy the last few days of summer. :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter