I've read some threads and wonder why..

Ziggie

The TF Fairy is Inspiried by Ziggie
... I wonder why no one mentions that Disney requires a length of stay guarantee from your guests? The cost of the wedding is something for the bride + groom (and their families) to decide, but I wonder how many people know that their guests have to book rooms on site?

What I mean is, if you are having 50 guests, you must guarantee "50 nights stay". That means each guest must stay one night, or 2 guests can stay 25 nights each.

We had our daughter's wedding all planned out but when we ran into this requirement, we decided against it. I just couldn't see asking the guests to put out X amount of dollars. Also, the guests receive mail from WDW asking them to buy park tickets. We were asked to turn in their names and addresses. I was uncomfortable with that as well.

Just thought I'd mention this ~

Ziggie

My bad.. I see some Ladies have addressed this concern.

I have seen many address this concern. I agree, it does seem a bit too much. And what about those local brides who want to use Disney but literally don't need the rooms? I think they get charged regardless.

Another reasosn I'm glad to be an intimate. We (thankfully) don't have to deal with room block issues.

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

I agree with you all about the room night requirements. We're already spending a ton of $$ for DD's wedding and Disney wants us to guarantee room nights too !!!! However with that said, FTW will work with you if you don't think you'll be able to meet the minimum requirement.

Aurora....FTW will take into consideration the fact that local brides won't need as many rooms. I read on Disneymooners that some local brides have had their required room nights reduced.

Linda
MOB-Andrea & Jacob
12/9/04-WP/II

Hi Ladies, nice to meet you :)

We live in Florida and some of our guests live in Orlando and surrounding towns. Imagine our surprise when we were told "how wonderful ~ they can spend a night at Disney!" I asked what that meant and was told that even "locals" enjoyed staying on site. I then asked her, how can I realistically ask our guests to book a room on site and buy a park ticket when they live 9 miles away and are AP holders? She really didn't know what to say other than "those are the Disney wedding guidelines".

Also, as I mentioned above, I wasn't comfortable giving them the names and addresses of every guest. They get added to a mailing list and I thought that was an invasion of their privacy. I mean, my family loves Disney and that is a decision we made for ourselves. But many of the wedding guests do not care for Disney (their choice) so why should they be forced to be part of the "magical experience" by booking a room and buying a ticket?

We leave for Disney tonight as soon as Hubby gets home from work. It's great for trips, but having a wedding there just didn't work out for us.

Ziggie

We are estimating 60 or more guests and originally were told that anyone with 50 or more guests would have to guarantee 50 room nights. I spoke with our Event Manager directly and politely and let them know that several of our family members might have to stay off property due to cost and we were concerned about the minimums. They were happy to reduce them to a number of nights we agreed upon without question. We ended up with 35 and since we will be on property for 10 nights it was not a concern.

There are also other ways to meet your room minimums if you are close to your dates and have concerned. For instance, we are headed down for our planning visit in August and were able to use another Disney Wedding Couples rates - we helped them out with room nights and they helped us with a great rate at the Grand Floridian. I also know other couples have found other groups to post their information on.

Disney is really very accomodating with these requirements.

Hi chipscinderelly :)

I agree that they are willing to work with you .. to a certain degree. But, as a Florida resident, 99% of our guests live in Florida.. all within driving distance of WDW. So, as you see, we had unusual circumstances. They were willing to negotiate the minimum nights stay, but they still wanted the guests to purchase park tickets... which, of course, didn't make sense :rolleyes:

I have also heard (as a few above posters said) that Disney will work with you if you feel you will not be able to meet your room night requirements. Also, there is no requirement that guests purchase park tickets. They are offered to guests in their Save the Date mailings, but they are not required to purchase them. Most of my guests are thrilled to be getting discounts, and don't mind Disney mailing them stuff. I'm sure that everyone's experience is different though.

Originally posted by ead79
I have also heard (as a few above posters said) that Disney will work with you if you feel you will not be able to meet your room night requirements. Also, there is no requirement that guests purchase park tickets. They are offered to guests in their Save the Date mailings, but they are not required to purchase them. Most of my guests are thrilled to be getting discounts, and don't mind Disney mailing them stuff. I'm sure that everyone's experience is different though.

Hi ead79 :)

In our case, our guests were either going to have to buy park tickets or book a reservation. I'm happy that your guests are thrilled, but our guests wouldn't have been. They already have AP tickets.. at Florida resident rates. I know our case is quite special, and it just didn't work out for us.

Btw, I asked our coordinator where she got married (wondering if she had done the whole Disney thing herself). She started sharing with me that she actually ran into the same problem we were having, and wound up not having her ceremony or reception on site either.

Mind you, I think it's a fabulous idea for out-of-state residents. Best of luck to you!

Did you know that you can get married "on-site" but not thru FTW!
You sure can, www.justmarry.com coordinates weddings at the Swan/Dolphin. They don't have any room nite or park ticket requirements..they have a basic package (2200.00 approx) and you build from there-as little or as many people that you want.
I love the Cresent Terrace!
You can have your reception at the the Swan/Dolphin or dinner at a resort resturant.
I have been going over this with many brides who have used just marry and they have been so please with there service!
Just so you know there are other options at disney--well I suppose there is one other option! But at least you wouldn't have to impose anything on your guests except for a smashing good time!
Ohh they can also get disney characters, the charicture artists ect...
I am planning a Oct 11,2004 Cresent Terrace wedding, with our wedding dinner at Palio afterwards, no traditional reception as we will only total about 15 people. We may do an illumination cruise or PI afterwards.
Grover in Winnipeg
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter