Ivy

believen

DIS Veteran
I have a very old indoor generic Ivy plant. I tend to kill most things, but this has survived! It was my grandmothers and she passed away about 8 years ago, so it is very sentimental to me.
It is in a large pot, and has a small trellis type thing to climb. It has recently started looking like all vines and not many leaves. What can I do?

Sounds like it needs a trimming. If you cut back the viney parts, it should grow in the middle and fill out for you. Also, how long has it been since you fertilized it? Is it rootbound? Does it need to be repotted? Last, but not least, did you know that you should move it outside when the summer rolls around and let it enjoy some time outdoors? Good luck! I am sure that you can take good care of it and keep this living memory of the your grandmother in good shape for years to come. :thumbsup2

I trimmed the viney parts and fertilized, it already looks better.
Thanks so much!

Glad it is doing better! :thumbsup2 Later on when it vines out again, and the weather is better, you can take off bits, put them in rooting hormone and start new plants. Someday you could give your kids pieces of grandma's ivy for a gift! :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter