Jacksonville Airport

Dis703

DIS Veteran
Has anyone flown through this airport before? I'm considering this for one way of a trip to Disney because the flights back to here are insanely early in the morning (flying Frontier) and they keep having super cheap flight sales. Is this a small airport or still a large international airport like MCO? Anything particularly good or bad about it?

TIA!

It's an international airport. You might want to take a peek around the website for a map of the terminal layout to familiarize yourself with how many gates there are, etc.

Happy travels!

It's been years since I have used JAX but it was not very big and has about a total of 20 gates. Very easy to use and navigate.

An International airport does not have to be big. For example Key West has an international airport and it only has a few gates and one runway.

It's been years since I have used JAX but it was not very big and has about a total of 20 gates. Very easy to use and navigate.

An International airport does not have to be big. For example Key West has an international airport and it only has a few gates and one runway.

Correct. Just means it services AN international destination. They're not all Atlanta :scared:

Has anyone flown through this airport before? I'm considering this for one way of a trip to Disney because the flights back to here are insanely early in the morning (flying Frontier) and they keep having super cheap flight sales. Is this a small airport or still a large international airport like MCO? Anything particularly good or bad about it?

TIA!

It's an international airport, but it's not super huge. I prefer it to MCO anyday. It's not as crazy busy, and I've never been in security for more than 30 minutes, unlike MCO (90 minutes for one memorable trip).

http://www.flyjax.com/Home.aspx

Terminal map:
http://www.flyjacksonville.com/content2015.aspx?id=21

It is on the far side of Jax, so if driving to/from Disney, you'd want to add anywhere between 30 minutes-1 hour if not rush hour traffic, and 90 minutes minimum for rush hour. The good news, is you could take the "back route" into Orlando, and avoid I-4 altogether!

Correct. Just means it services AN international destination. They're not all Atlanta :scared:

And lets be thankful for that :D

Even Ocala Airport is an international airport and last I knew they have no public passenger service. They have customs and immigration that lets it meet the requirement of being an international airport.

It’s a very easy airport to navigate. Kind of a t shape. Gates on the ends on the end of the t with the exit corridor leading to check in and baggage

Easy walk to baggage claim. Rental cars are just outside in the garage

I flew in there about 10 years ago. It's not big and easy to navigate.

ETA: IDK If you have ever used Frontier before, but they used to be good when they didn't nickel and dime you for everything now that they are an econ airline.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter