• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jambo House One Bedrooms

Dis13

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if the one bedrooms in Jambo House will sleep 5?

TIA!

Yes, I called to ask about the 2 bedrooms sleeping 9. I was told yes. So now I am taking the four of us, three grandparents, my nephew and my little brother to Disney. It will be my nephew and my brother's first trip.

Where will the 5th sleep? Will a chair pull out to make a small twin? Similar to the All-Star Suites? I see a chair picture in the living room in the room layouts.

This would be great for a toddler of young adult.

Thanks,
Blakely

Where will the 5th sleep? Will a chair pull out to make a small twin? Similar to the All-Star Suites? I see a chair picture in the living room in the room layouts.

This would be great for a toddler of young adult.

Thanks,
Blakely
The AKV accommodation info on the public DVC website (http://dvc.disney.go.com/dvc/guest/resorts/resortDetail?id=ProspectsDAKVAccommodationsPage) mentions the sleeper chair. I think it's safe to assume it will look like the one shown in the floor plan for the Kidani Village 1BR. (I wish they would publish floor plans for the villas in Jambo House, especially since they are opening first!)

Here is the description of the 1BR:

Value Rooms sleep up to four, all others sleep up to five
Master bedroom suite with king-size bed
Master bathroom with whirlpool tub (additional bathroom in living area of One-Bedrooms in Kidani Village only)
Queen-size sofa bed in living room
Sleeper chair in living room (except in Value Accommodations)
Flat-panel TV and DVD player in living room, and flat-panel TV in master bedroom
Full kitchen includes: coffee maker, dinnerware, glassware, flatware, pots and pans, microwave, toaster, stove, refrigerator, dishwasher and more
Laundry area contains stacked washer and dryer
Private balcony
629-710 sq. ft. in Jambo House
807 sq. ft. in Kidani Village

Thanks everyone for the replies.

I was thinking of switching from a two bedroom to save points, but it it doesn't have the second bathroom, we'll stick with the two bedroom.

I'll call MS tomorrow to double check and report back.

:)
Donna

Thanks everyone for the replies.

I was thinking of switching from a two bedroom to save points, but it it doesn't have the second bathroom, we'll stick with the two bedroom.

I'll call MS tomorrow to double check and report back.

:)
Donna
The 1BRs in Jambo House do not have the second bathroom. It is specifically mentioned in the description of the 1BR villas I posted above.

Master bathroom with whirlpool tub (additional bathroom in living area of One-Bedrooms in Kidani Village only)

None of the floor plans for Jambo House show a second bathroom either.

I toured the model suites on Thursday and the guide manning the suites said, "the one bedrooms in the AKL part (Jambo House) will not have this pull out chair or the extra bathroom". So do check.

But good news. We pulled our the chair and tried it out. Very nice.

I toured the model suites on Thursday and the guide manning the suites said, "the one bedrooms in the AKL part (Jambo House) will not have this pull out chair or the extra bathroom". So do check.

But honestly she had a difficult time explaining Value/Standard to me so who knows if information on the sleeper is correct? Or maybe I had a tough time understanding!?!??!

But honestly she had a difficult time explaining Value/Standard to me so who knows if information on the sleeper is correct? Or maybe I had a tough time understanding!?!??!
They are converting rooms on the 5th and 6th floors of AKL to create the villas there. One AKL room becomes a studio, 2 AKL rooms become a 1BR, 6 AKL rooms becomes a GV. Most of the rooms on the 5th floor are "deluxe" size AKL rooms but some of them are "standard" size AKL rooms which are about 40 sq ft smaller than the deluxe rooms. The Value Villas are the result of converting those smaller "standard" size AKL rooms. I would assume that due to their smaller size (they will be 3-4 feet shorter than the other villas) there is no room for the sleeper chair in the living area of the Value 1BRs.

Everything I've seen or read about AKV so far indicates that the Standard View and Savanna View 1BR villas in Jambo House will have the sleeper chair, but they will not have the second bathroom.

So "Value" refers to size and occupancy: they will be smaller and sleep 4/4/8, but could have a view of a savanna, the pool or the parking lot. "Standard" refers the view: it will be pool, garden or parking lot (think of "Standard" view as "not Savanna") and will sleep 4/5/9.

The 1BRs in Jambo House do not have the second bathroom. It is specifically mentioned in the description of the 1BR villas I posted above.

None of the floor plans for Jambo House show a second bathroom either.

Yes. I do see it now (I need to slow down when reading!)

Thank you, LisaS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter