Jambo no longer home resort for Kidani owners?!!

I like that you can just select all WDW resorts though. I used to select all and then deselect the non-WDW resorts every time.

Depending on if they get the modify ability going again that did not work for home resorts after you started modifying. It will only matter to those who own elsewhere but it was lacking to not apply to both sections - IMO.

Issues this am when trying to book a jambo value studio for 4th of July dates

Was on site well before 8 am. Was going thru mock bookings (without completing) to make sure I had a handle on the new site.

Was using AKV-K contract, seemed hit or miss when selecting Jambo whether I got error message the dates were outside my 11 month window several times! A bit unsettling but was able to snag the res.

Is this a common glitch?

Issues this am when trying to book a jambo value studio for 4th of July dates

Was on site well before 8 am. Was going thru mock bookings (without completing) to make sure I had a handle on the new site.

Was using AKV-K contract, seemed hit or miss when selecting Jambo whether I got error message the dates were outside my 11 month window several times! A bit unsettling but was able to snag the res.

Is this a common glitch?
What check-in date did you use?

Various ones all within the 11 month window before 8 am when i was ‘practicing’. Then switched over to actual date.

Now that I understand the issue and “fix”, and having worked in customer service before where I found out that most people read nothing and almost no one has a clue what they are doing on even the easiest of websites...I would lay money on that being on purpose. I’d they show both, it helps the ones who know what they are doing and who read, but I bet it would mess up many people who thought they were booking Kidani (because that’s the Dvc resort) but end up booking Jambo accidentally.

We have two contracts at AKV one from Jambo House and the other at Kidani, so both AKV Resorts show up in our home resort list. I was a little confused when people first posted about this problem until I realized it was different for us because we own both.

I have two Kidani contracts and had no problem booking Jambo House online for April 2019. Granted, this was not exactly at 11 months out but we're still more than 7 months away.

We have two contracts at AKV one from Jambo House and the other at Kidani, so both AKV Resorts show up in our home resort list. I was a little confused when people first posted about this problem until I realized it was different for us because we own both.

Both of ours @ Kidani were resale, never thought it might pose an issue at the time.

Had mused others were walking for 7/4 as a long weekend trip. Still, surprised to get an email the next afternoon, indicating that my waitlist was matched :) Woot!

SO frustrating! This happened to me in July, booking for early June 2019. I was online when the window opened (5am, PST). Couldn't book value room. Had to wait to call an hour later, and the value rooms were all booked. Have to spend significantly more points than planned. For years, I've always booked online right at the opening of the window and booked the value room, so I feel pretty confident that I would've been able to get it if this weren't a glitch. Member services told me then that it was an IT glitch. I just went online today to test it because I don't want to be caught off guard next time, and I wasn't able to book at Jambo. I chatted online with a member services rep who said it was a known glitch. I feel like this is something that should be fixed by now. I don't know how, but I wish I could be compensated for what I see as a loss of points.

SO frustrating! This happened to me in July, booking for early June 2019. I was online when the window opened (5am, PST). Couldn't book value room. Had to wait to call an hour later, and the value rooms were all booked. Have to spend significantly more points than planned. For years, I've always booked online right at the opening of the window and booked the value room, so I feel pretty confident that I would've been able to get it if this weren't a glitch. Member services told me then that it was an IT glitch. I just went online today to test it because I don't want to be caught off guard next time, and I wasn't able to book at Jambo. I chatted online with a member services rep who said it was a known glitch. I feel like this is something that should be fixed by now. I don't know how, but I wish I could be compensated for what I see as a loss of points.

It was a problem when the system was first brought up but has to my knowledge and experience been corrected.

My contract says Kidani and I have booked several stays recently into Jambo values at 11 months. Not sure why you would have had an issue.

I have 2 AKV contracts, so I'm not sure if the bug has been fixed, but both Kidani and Jambo come up as checked boxes now in the booking web page. It didn't at the very beginning of the new updated page.

I have 2 AKV contracts, so I'm not sure if the bug has been fixed, but both Kidani and Jambo come up as checked boxes now in the booking web page. It didn't at the very beginning of the new updated page.
Are your two contracts associated with units in the same building or one in each building?

Our contract is tied to Jambo House and only Jambo House is pre-selected when I go to book a room.

I also have contracts at both so they both are automatically preselected. I figured that worst case for owners at one or the other at this point would be having to manually select the other option since the glitch has reportedly been fixed.

I also have contracts at both so they both are automatically preselected. I figured that worst case for owners at one or the other at this point would be having to manually select the other option since the glitch has reportedly been fixed.

And this is exactly how it works.

I have only Kidani. I simply select Jambo when I search and it allows me to book at 11 months no problem.

I also don't have the issue anymore. Small Jambo contract and couldn't book Kidani initially. Now both resorts have the 11 month priority although I do have to select Kidani from the "non" home resort list.

(Here's my rant - as a multi home resort owner I don't actually like the home resort section with pre-selected options. Especially when you go to modify and it only selects the resort you have the reservation at and no way to click a single check box to select them all. In modify that can still be done for non-home resorts but not for the home resorts. :sad2:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter