Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

I thought Disney was closing all of it's children's activity centers (like Simba's clubhouse) on July 31, but it keeps being mentioned in all these emails and there's no verbiage about it on the Disney website anymore. Any ideas what's up with that?

Disney guest services called me about my email. She was so kind and understanding about my concerns. She said she had an offer for us, but I asked her if it was possible to be moved away from Jambo to Kidani. She told me no, but I had heard some people were offered a studio villa, and it doesn't hurt to ask. She told me they could move me away from the noise of the room refurbishment, but then she told me her offer-- a price match at Boardwalk in a garden view! Holy moly! I've never stayed there because it's always been so expensive. I am sad to say good-bye to AKL for now, but I am so amazed by this lady's very generous offer to move us. I know Boardwalk is somewhere we likely would have never been able to stay. Good luck to everyone else. Hang in there, there is hope!

I sent an email today about my disappointment in not being notified about the pool refurb. I got a call back within 2 hours! I was also offered the Boardwalk. The gentleman first offered the studio at Kidani but after he sensed my hesitation at the room configuration with the sofa bed being the second bed choice he offered the Boardwalk. I accepted and I know this is an upgrade but I’m feeling so sad about not being at AKL. The pool is the focus of our trip so I have to convince myself that this is a good way to experience a resort I’d probably never get to stay at otherwise. We were just at WDW for a quick 2 day trip to CBR and we went over to AKL to eat at Boma. It was so hard to leave and drive back to CBR. AKL just feels like home. It probably sounds crazy to say but I hope I’ll be ok with the switch.

I sent an email today about my disappointment in not being notified about the pool refurb. I got a call back within 2 hours! I was also offered the Boardwalk. The gentleman first offered the studio at Kidani but after he sensed my hesitation at the room configuration with the sofa bed being the second bed choice he offered the Boardwalk. I accepted and I know this is an upgrade but I’m feeling so sad about not being at AKL. The pool is the focus of our trip so I have to convince myself that this is a good way to experience a resort I’d probably never get to stay at otherwise. We were just at WDW for a quick 2 day trip to CBR and we went over to AKL to eat at Boma. It was so hard to leave and drive back to CBR. AKL just feels like home. It probably sounds crazy to say but I hope I’ll be ok with the switch.

I just watched a 34 minute video by Tracker Tim on the Boardwalk, and now I'm extremely excited. If your focus is on the pools, then I think you'll be happy. Check out the video on youtube. Sorry, I don't have the link.

We are staying Aug 26th to Sept 2. We have called and confirmed that pool Reno will start after Labour day (yay!!!:yay:). But, we then emailed a second time when I read here about room refurbs and were told by the same cast member that there were no room refurbs scheduled for AKL. She even said she called over and asked. I've seen that info here on the Disboards and on at least 2 other sites lists. Where is everyone getting this info? Did anyone get it from Disney?

Also, on a weird note. The cast member that spoke with us Friday and confirmed no need to worry said contact her direct any time if we had any more concerns. Less than 24 hours later I received a voice mail from another cast member making sure we were satisfied and telling us that the first cast member had moved on to another role .....what???? less than 24 hours ago she said to contact her any time??????

We are staying Aug 26th to Sept 2. We have called and confirmed that pool Reno will start after Labour day (yay!!!:yay:). But, we then emailed a second time when I read here about room refurbs and were told by the same cast member that there were no room refurbs scheduled for AKL. She even said she called over and asked. I've seen that info here on the Disboards and on at least 2 other sites lists. Where is everyone getting this info? Did anyone get it from Disney?

Also, on a weird note. The cast member that spoke with us Friday and confirmed no need to worry said contact her direct any time if we had any more concerns. Less than 24 hours later I received a voice mail from another cast member making sure we were satisfied and telling us that the first cast member had moved on to another role .....what???? less than 24 hours ago she said to contact her any time??????
I sent an email to george k. and guest relations about the room refurbs. I received a call hours later confirming the room refurbs. Yes, it came directly from Disney. From what I was told they will start with the Jambo Villas. Others here have gotten the same info.

If you want to get more confirmation ,email instead of calling the reservation number.

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com
George.Kalogridis@disney.com

I sent an email to george k. and guest relations about the room refurbs. I received a call hours later confirming the room refurbs. Yes, it came directly from Disney. From what I was told they will start with the Jambo Villas. Others here have gotten the same info.

We called this morning and were told there were no scheduled room refurbs for our late Nov. trip. That was contrary to everything else I had seen. We were offered a switch to BWI, but declined.

We called this morning and were told there were no scheduled room refurbs for our late Nov. trip. That was contrary to everything else I had seen. We were offered a switch to BWI, but declined.
If you called the reservation number you got a call center that is not always in Fl. There is no direct number to the resort.

At the Kidani pool, do we need our magic bands to enter and get towels?

Coffee makers at AKL... It looks like they take the packets that go into a little sliding drawer. Anyone know where I can order these (couldn't find them on Amazon :scared1: ), or how to make my own? Ideas/suggestions? One cup of coffee in the morning isn't gonna cut it! :coffee:

Also, I have booked standard view, but hoping for partial savanna view. I am thinking of sending a Touring Plans view request. Would you choose the 3rd floor or 4th floor for better viewing (hopefully) of the animals?

Last edited:
Can anybody tell me if they sell skim milk in the gift shop or Mara? Doesn't need to be a gallon size but more than a small carton.

Coffee makers at AKL... It looks like they take the packets that go into a little sliding drawer. Anyone know where I can order these (couldn't find them on Amazon :scared1: ), or how to make my own? Ideas/suggestions? One cup of coffee in the morning isn't gonna cut it! :coffee:

Housekeeping will happily leave extra coffee for you!

I booked my package through Disney for a Deluxe Studio at Kidani. While researching the resort I see that Kidani is a DVC resort. I know DVC has limited house keeping services. Will I still get daily service since I booked through Disney and am not a DVC member? I am rooming with two boys and REALLY want daily service.

I booked my package through Disney for a Deluxe Studio at Kidani. While researching the resort I see that Kidani is a DVC resort. I know DVC has limited house keeping services. Will I still get daily service since I booked through Disney and am not a DVC member? I am rooming with two boys and REALLY want daily service.

If you booked through Disney you will get daily housekeeping.

If you booked through Disney you will get daily housekeeping.
Yes, cash reservations get daily housekeeping & daily new towels, toiletries & coffee. When I stayed in a villa on a cash reservation at Jambo a few years ago the housekeeper ‘forgot’ to clean/restock a couple of times, probably because most of the villas are DVC stays so a cash reservation is less common. If housekeeping accidentally skips cleaning/restocking your room just call housekeeping and remind them :)

Yes, cash reservations get daily housekeeping & daily new towels, toiletries & coffee. When I stayed in a villa on a cash reservation at Jambo a few years ago the housekeeper ‘forgot’ to clean/restock a couple of times, probably because most of the villas are DVC stays so a cash reservation is less common. If housekeeping accidentally skips cleaning/restocking your room just call housekeeping and remind them :)

Adding to that: it is a good idea to make a request at check-in for your daily mouse-keeping within a certain window or by a certain time (“between 10 and 1” or “by noon”) :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter