Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

That's sad I'm hoping for bunk beds when I check in tomorrow. I wonder if they are switching to the Murphy beds? I agree I think bunk beds are great for families. I also wonder if WL will lose theirs as well.
....speaking of, we were there 2 weeks ago and I slept on the bottom bunk (long story)....while it was so-so comfy, it definitely was not long enough for me...I am 5'6" and I had to scootch all the way to the headboard, as my feet almost dangled off the foot of the bed...

enhance

....speaking of, we were there 2 weeks ago and I slept on the bottom bunk (long story)....while it was so-so comfy, it definitely was not long enough for me...I am 5'6" and I had to scootch all the way to the headboard, as my feet almost dangled off the foot of the bed...

Good to know..

Hey

We are changing our two week booking next November from CBR to AKL

Would you say two weeks here is ok and not to long. U don't get fed up of the theme etc as I no CBR is bigger ?
I think since the theme is always changing at AKL due to the changing views of the Savanah, it can't possibly be more boring than CBR. Not to mention I would pick a deluxe over a mod any day.

What u mean it's changing ?
I mean that with hot and cold running giraffes, zebras, emus, etc. that it is like the place is always changing. The theme is of course always animal kingdom lodge, but the view varies all day and night long.

Just switched over to AKL Savanna View CL for 4 nights, 10/25-29. It's just the two of us, and we are requesting a king bed. How much does that limit our options? I was looking on Touring Plans, and it only comes up with two rooms of that type, but that can't be right...can it?
We were also going to request a King room and it’s does seem as if there are just 2 one with a daybed and WC accessible.

Does anyone know if they plan to replace the coffee makers in the DVC villas? should this be posted in another thread? Would love to know if they change to Keurig Brewers before our trip in December. Also, is there a timeline on the pool area refurbishment? We will be there December 16 - just wondering if i need to pack DH's alcohol. TIA

Does anyone know if they plan to replace the coffee makers in the DVC villas? should this be posted in another thread? Would love to know if they change to Keurig Brewers before our trip in December. Also, is there a timeline on the pool area refurbishment? We will be there December 16 - just wondering if i need to pack DH's alcohol. TIA

I believe that all of the DVC units at Kidani and Jambo have already been refurbished. Regardless, none of the DVC units that have been recently refurbished have switched to Keurigs.

So with the complimentary toiletries, the shampoo and conditioner are separate? Not a 2 in 1? Just making sure - flying in with limited luggage space so we don’t want to pack anything we don’t have to pack.

The pool refurbishment is supposed to be until Dec 4th, so you should be safe unless they extend it.

QUESTION: Can I purchase quarts of half-and-half at the shop at AKL? What about gallons of water? I don't want to have to do a grocery order for just these things.

.....not totally sure, but I'm thinking "no"....trying to recall the items in the grocery section of Zawadi Marketplace...

.....not totally sure, but I'm thinking "no"....trying to recall the items in the grocery section of Zawadi Marketplace...

Crap. I need my half-n-half in my coffee in the morning. I s'pose I can buy those little cups like you get at the convenience store, but it's just not the same! I can bring my Britta pitcher, too... grrr. Wonder how much cream I can snitch from the Mara... (JK... mostly...)

Crap. I need my half-n-half in my coffee in the morning. I s'pose I can buy those little cups like you get at the convenience store, but it's just not the same! I can bring my Britta pitcher, too... grrr. Wonder how much cream I can snitch from the Mara... (JK... mostly...)

The DISNEY'S ANIMAL KINGDOM VILLAS & KIDANI VILLAGE-GROCERY ORDER FORM shows the following items available from Zawadi Marketplace. This is the DVC order form, but I am almost positive that all of these items are regularly available in the marketplace, I know that I have purchased the half and half before. If the water is not out you may need to ask as this may be something that they keep in the back as a full gallon takes up a bit of room on a shelf.

Water - Zephyrhills Spring Water 1 gal. 2.95
Half & Half 1 pint 2.19

The DISNEY'S ANIMAL KINGDOM VILLAS & KIDANI VILLAGE-GROCERY ORDER FORM shows the following items available from Zawadi Marketplace. This is the DVC order form, but I am almost positive that all of these items are regularly available in the marketplace, I know that I have purchased the half and half before. If the water is not out you may need to ask as this may be something that they keep in the back as a full gallon takes up a bit of room on a shelf.

Water - Zephyrhills Spring Water 1 gal. 2.95
Half & Half 1 pint 2.19

:woohoo::cool1: THANK YOU!! :cool1::woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter